Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. (4055 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / The Customized Attire Dino Melaye Wore To The Senate Plenary Session (Photos) / Buhari Submits Ministerial List To The Senate - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by MarvelJ: 11:22am On Sep 22, 2015
I will not claim to be the “all knowing guy”, the submission here is not entirely mine. It’s a synergy of views and analysis of some people with mine.

I’ve always questioned the credentials of President Muhammadu Buhari as a General. He doesn’t behave like one.
While some of us became the voice of reasoning over “Sarakigate”, many felt we are hypocritical, and morally bankrupt.
Don’t blame us… Don’t blame me, I’m just a politician and always expect me to come up with political solutions and analysis to every issue; even if it’s against popular view(s).

While in Abuja yesterday with a senior colleague, he said he’s angry over the handling of Saraki’s issue because it has witch-hunting written all over it and some people believing they’re the best of strategist.

He said his anger with President Buhari is his refusal to define “corruption”, and what his administration classifies as corruption. But you pick “A” today, go after “P” tomorrow makes a fraud of the whole process.

At a point I said if my Principal Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida(Rtd) is the President, Senator Bukola Saraki will be so loyal to him than he will be to his wife.

He will so rely on the moral issues, burden and the process which got him (Saraki) into office to derive such loyalty and when he has outlive his usefulness, all those issues will ease him out of office.

That’s how a General will handle the issue.

We both agreed this can’t be won through a media war.. It has to be through strategic planning.

I’ve told some people who cares to listen that the likes of OBJ, IBB, TY Danjuma, and Abdusalami supported Buhari, the backed him in a bid to salvage the nation, but above all; give Nigerians what they wanted, but they knew PMB is stubborn and doesn’t understand and appreciate the dynamism of Nigeria.
They’ve done their restitution; it’s left for Nigerians to carry this cross.

Some say PMB is not a politician so he can’t play politics, and my response is “you can never separate politics from governance in a democracy, so he has to play it”.

We all fought for this change, it is “ours”.. It’s not for the APC, so when we take some positions, no matter how unpopular it seems, we are stakeholders.

While talking to another friend tonight who shares the same view with me over Saraki’s issue, he pointed something out which formed this post.

What some figures in APC want is a Saraki’s removal and probably bring in a Lawan or Akume. I’m just wondering who in this Senate of the 8th Assembly doesn’t have a baggage.

We are just heading to OBJ’s era. Removal and counter removal of President of the Senate.

It seems to be going their way… The public sentiment is in their favour… They seem to be coasting home…but what if?….

What if a Senator Bukola Saraki before his appearance at the Code of Conduct Tribunal tomorrow resigns as the President of the Senate, but before he sounds the gavel, he accepts and approves of the notice decamping of some APC Senators to the PDP, and he also announce his decamping to the PDP?
Who becomes the majority?
Which party becomes the majority?

The PDP becomes the majority and trust me, the new President of the Senate will emerge…

An alliance which will frustrate those behind this move.

A Presidency which will favour Saraki because he holds the aces…

Senator David Mark…

All hail the new President of the Senate….

Have I let the cat of the bag?…who knows…

All I know is “all hail the new President of the Senate”.

To all those who felt we were protecting Saraki, we are protecting this “change”.. We are seeing the other side you guys are not seeing…

God Bless Nigeria

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by missKiffy(f): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2015
Are you the one that made him president

4 Likes

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by MarvelJ: 11:31am On Sep 22, 2015
missKiffy:
Are you the one that made him president

madaam d madaam... youve been noticed. cheesy
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by OVI75(m): 11:32am On Sep 22, 2015
hahahaha.funny like funny.
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by SeanBlackie: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2015
cheesy
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
First off, I don't dig all these beer parlour conversation. Even if PDP should have the majority,it only be for a brief time. Let Saraki & co decamp to wherever, triples of those decampees from PDP will decamp to APC.

5 Likes

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by drss(m): 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2015
APC dem dey fight losing battle. Saraki will floor tinubu like pounded yam. grin

2 Likes

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by sdindan: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
If Saraki survives this
Buhari may get it hot
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by Toluifetutu: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
drss:
APC dem dey fight losing battle. Saraki will floor tinubu like pounded yam. grin
f

This Saraki or another one

See the Mere Senate President Tinubu has just shown him very little and already his face is about to blow up grin

4 Likes

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
Another fool on the loose
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by MarvelJ: 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
PvtParts:
Another fool on the loose

gather sense brother...

1 Like

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by undisputedgbola(m): 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
drss:
Here we go again!!!

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by djlawex02(m): 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
finger crossed....
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by oluseyi33(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
Y do we celebrate corrupt pple in this country,this is someone who squanderd billions on naira of a poor state like kwara,yet u still av the gods to talk abt politics

2 Likes

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by tomakint: 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
sdindan:
If Saraki survives this
Buhari may get it hot
Fortunately, Saraki won't survive it!

3 Likes

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by tomakint: 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
drss:
I hope you won't swallow your word come Oct. 21st
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by paulsir: 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2015
imagine somebody writing over 1000 words on someone that have maimed,derailed and squandered the destinies of many millions.You said you are looking at it in a way others dont,are you saying others are myopic?.Nobody is greater than his party,yes! Lion is not greater than the jungle.You dont need to abate corruption just because of ur self acclaimed knowledge.Buhari has stepped on toes and also destroy the fingers that fed him,lest i forget ''There Is No Monopoly Of Conflict''.

1 Like

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by Rexology: 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
tomakint:

What do you think will happen on 21 October? Meanwhile Federal High Court had fixed 30th of Sept to hear the case of Saraki. This case will be dragged to the point that it would be overtaken by events.

1 Like

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by PRYCE(m): 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
F***ck Yeah!
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by drss(m): 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
tomakint:
never.
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by raumdeuter: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
So what is stopping Saraki and his friends in the Senate from decamping. If they have the power they should decamp

If Saraki and his friends want to test their popularity let them serve PMB with an impeachment notice like Okadigbo did to OBJ and see who is more popular
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by chudyprince: 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
Android blackberry z10 ui

Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by socialmediaman: 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
MarvelJ:

We all fought for this change, it is “ours”..

See you see who fought for change. Be bold and tell us you're a PDP sympathizer, because the last time i checked, most Nigerians are in support of Saraki answering for his crimes, the technicalities being pursued by him instead of answering for his crimes are irrelevant to Nigerians. You guys really amaze most of us here. Tinubu faced this same committee and was exhonerated, so whats the big deal with Saraki facing the same ordeal? Did he commit the crime or not? Or should the police refuse to arrest and armed robber today because they couldnt apprehend a Shina Rambo of yesterday? Your opinion in this matter doesn't count. Nigerians are in full support of this anti-corruption war, deal with it.
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by TRUTHTOPOWER: 6:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, so far the Commander-in-Chief of The ARMED FORCES is PMB, He is Protected by God and Unwavering in FIGHTING CORRUPTION, Nigeria will bulldoze every mountain of corruption no matter their numerical strength. if you like initiate every legislator or judicial officer or executive into a cult of opposition. You will see the Sahara spring with full force. mark it. it is not a threat it is a covenant. God save the President! God save Federal Republic of Nigeria!!
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by ibisko04: 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
MarvelJ:
I will not claim to be the “all knowing guy”, the submission here is not entirely mine. It’s a synergy of views and analysis of some people with mine.

I’ve always questioned the credentials of President Muhammadu Buhari as a General. He doesn’t behave like one.
While some of us became the voice of reasoning over “Sarakigate”, many felt we are hypocritical, and morally bankrupt.
Don’t blame us… Don’t blame me, I’m just a politician and always expect me to come up with political solutions and analysis to every issue; even if it’s against popular view(s).

While in Abuja yesterday with a senior colleague, he said he’s angry over the handling of Saraki’s issue because it has witch-hunting written all over it and some people believing they’re the best of strategist.

He said his anger with President Buhari is his refusal to define “corruption”, and what his administration classifies as corruption. But you pick “A” today, go after “P” tomorrow makes a fraud of the whole process.

At a point I said if my Principal Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida(Rtd) is the President, Senator Bukola Saraki will be so loyal to him than he will be to his wife.

He will so rely on the moral issues, burden and the process which got him (Saraki) into office to derive such loyalty and when he has outlive his usefulness, all those issues will ease him out of office.

That’s how a General will handle the issue.

We both agreed this can’t be won through a media war.. It has to be through strategic planning.

I’ve told some people who cares to listen that the likes of OBJ, IBB, TY Danjuma, and Abdusalami supported Buhari, the backed him in a bid to salvage the nation, but above all; give Nigerians what they wanted, but they knew PMB is stubborn and doesn’t understand and appreciate the dynamism of Nigeria.
They’ve done their restitution; it’s left for Nigerians to carry this cross.

Some say PMB is not a politician so he can’t play politics, and my response is “you can never separate politics from governance in a democracy, so he has to play it”.

We all fought for this change, it is “ours”.. It’s not for the APC, so when we take some positions, no matter how unpopular it seems, we are stakeholders.

While talking to another friend tonight who shares the same view with me over Saraki’s issue, he pointed something out which formed this post.

What some figures in APC want is a Saraki’s removal and probably bring in a Lawan or Akume. I’m just wondering who in this Senate of the 8th Assembly doesn’t have a baggage.

We are just heading to OBJ’s era. Removal and counter removal of President of the Senate.

It seems to be going their way… The public sentiment is in their favour… They seem to be coasting home…but what if?….

What if a Senator Bukola Saraki before his appearance at the Code of Conduct Tribunal tomorrow resigns as the President of the Senate, but before he sounds the gavel, he accepts and approves of the notice decamping of some APC Senators to the PDP, and he also announce his decamping to the PDP?
Who becomes the majority?
Which party becomes the majority?

The PDP becomes the majority and trust me, the new President of the Senate will emerge…

An alliance which will frustrate those behind this move.

A Presidency which will favour Saraki because he holds the aces…

Senator David Mark…

All hail the new President of the Senate….

Have I let the cat of the bag?…who knows…

All I know is “all hail the new President of the Senate”.

To all those who felt we were protecting Saraki, we are protecting this “change”.. We are seeing the other side you guys are not seeing…

God Bless Nigeria

lalasticlala
Dustbin analysis.
Re: All Hail The New President Of The Senate…. by MarvelJ: 11:47am On Sep 23, 2015
socialmediaman:

See you see who fought for change. Be bold and tell us you're a PDP sympathizer, because the last time i checked, most Nigerians are in support of Saraki answering for his crimes, the technicalities being pursued by him instead of answering for his crimes are irrelevant to Nigerians. You guys really amaze most of us here. Tinubu faced this same committee and was exhonerated, so whats the big deal with Saraki facing the same ordeal? Did he commit the crime or not? Or should the police refuse to arrest and armed robber today because they couldnt apprehend a Shina Rambo of yesterday? Your opinion in this matter doesn't count. Nigerians are in full support of this anti-corruption war, deal with it.

sarcasm bruv, learn it today and live a happy life.

(1) (Reply)

Can Buhari Resign Like Cameron? / Watch The N1.5m Farm That Turned N1billion In 2 Years In Nasarawa State / Escapee Prisoner Writes Obaseki, Explains Why He Won't Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.