Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,665 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services (13474 Views)

Why Military Under Jonathan Failed To Defeat Boko Haram – Former CDS / 43,000 ‘ghost Workers’ Uncovered In Nigerian Security Agencies / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Okanokan(m): 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
After listing the technique of
Pattern
Signature and
Profiling. One of the key element is INFILTRATION, there is our military and other security can take out Boko Haram if they infiltrate the organisation from within and without, another way to do this is to infiltrate the organisation through sleepers cell.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by RickyTan: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
This is a very stupid write up.
Spewing elementary gibberish.

How can you sit there and say "it does not appear that there appears to be any effort by Nigerian Security Services to Stop BH?" What rock have you been hiding to make this silly comment.

Without Nigerian Security Services, BH and co would have done to Nigeria what they did to Mali or Iraq. Our Security forces have gallantly confronted BH at a great cost and you sit there and run your mouth.

Thousands of BH have been killed. BH used to launch waves of assault in Battalion sized elements against Maiduguri. They used to hold territory and all that has been reversed by whom? Yes the Nigerian security services that you malign here.

BH has now resorted to unconventional tactics like suicide bombing. This is a hard fight. Student by morning suicide bomber by afternoon kinda of fight. They are even using 9 and 10 year olds.

This is nasty fight and I commend our security forces that are risking all in the fight.

Again your article is elementary. Your talk of efficiency and criminal motive shows you are a beginner. We are faced with professional suicidal international terrorists okay. Well funded Individuals that are determined to wreck havoc on our land and Masters of disguise. Not mere criminals.

The fight is very complex and multi faceted. Way beyond hunter gatherer techniques that you mention. There is media, propaganda, indoctrination, finance, recruitment, costing, logistics etc. But we are winning

2 Likes

Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by zikclassiq(m): 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
frisky2good:
OP, your write up will only work when dealing with normal criminals. You mentioned that criminals think of escape routes before planning their attack. Does that apply to suicide bombers? Fighting a man that wants to kill you and go back home is different from fighting a man that wants both of you to die.
u got a point there but there is still something to learn and Patterns to understand about criminals, suicide bombers and the rest.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Okanokan(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
After listing the technique of
Pattern
Signature and
Profiling. One of the key element is INFILTRATION, there is no way our military and other security apparatus can take out Boko Haram if they don't infiltrate the organisation from within and without, another way to do this is to infiltrate the organisation through sleepers cell.
Secondly if we go by the proclamation of State of Emergency and the movement of the Military to North East, our print, electronic and social media need to be extremely cautious the way and manner news, review and opinions making Boko Haram look invisible is hurting the military campaign.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
urnaijadotcom
our poor data base n weak security structure makes profiling hard

FGN should maintain its Military offensive
using the 72strike force n SF units
back by regular troops, artillery units n armored units

cover. surveillance n degrading firepower provided by NAF
CH3 drone
alpha jets
attack helos n Gazelle

DSS, NMI,NIA CJTF
coordinate resources n Intel to hunt n prevent cells

frisky2good
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Ijaya123: 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
That's a very impressive theory but it won't work, verbatim like that here. The society needs to be real organised with data well updated for such to work here.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Bishop(m): 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
urnaijadotcom:

http://www.urnaija.com/defeat-boko-haram-message-nigerian-security-services

You have made a very Valid point here,simply put that we need intelligence to end The Boko Haram Terror and Not Excessive Military Might,I allso want to add that there is the need to put into use modern electronics crime fighting device to use.

Criminal organisations like this use cell groups to advance their course,The Millitary needs plenty to get to their central command to completely halt this madness.it has gone on for too long.Our girls must come back home soon
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by jimmy2smut: 5:20am On Sep 24, 2015
I love this man, FACTUAL!
EVILFOREST:
Okk GOOD ONE..
BUT I must say that.

1) How many NIGERIAN SOLDIERS have a good Idea of the terrain of Borno state.
Some are just visiting these enclaves for the 1st time.

2) BORNO STATE is larger than the entire SOUTH EAST and SOUTH SOUTH region, with inclusion of calabar.
Then ask yourself, how is the terrain..?
It's MOUNTAINOUS of course with caves as long 1km or more.

3) I have spent 7hrs just within BORNO STATE without a single hold up.

4) DESPITE having boundaries, I guess you know how and how long an average FULANI man can trek.
He doesn't need your TOLL GATES.
He needs the bushes.

5) HOW many NIGERIANS are trained to understand surveillance.
In the US, among 3 US citizens 1 is an FBI/CIA/or security expert and all these people think about a COMMON Goal.

6) WITH RESPECT to your point, U talked about explosive items.
My man, it will take a TRADER with HIGH INDEX of SUSPICION to report a criminal buyer.
Most traders are profit oriented and will be very GLAD if you come back and buy more.

7) CHOPPERS and Camels may be used to supply these things. Not only CARS.

cool An average AMERICAN/ISREAL LADY is more security conscious than the MALE counterparts.
They make the best FBI.
NOW what do we have in NIGERIA, regarding our ladies.
They plead the BLOOD OF JESUS over an ordinary cockroach.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 24, 2015
urnaijadotcom:

it takes extreme measures to kill a fly that perches on the scrotum of a man.

Our nigerian security forces do more than. All these, sorry to say u r just a mere civilian with great ideas of little info on tackling this.

Great job, nice essay. I learnt something @list.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by persius555(m): 9:21am On Sep 24, 2015
shadowgwalker:
it takes extreme measures to kill a fly that perches on the scrotum of a man.

Our nigerian security forces do more than. All these, sorry to say u r just a mere civilian with great ideas of little info on tackling this.

Great job, nice essay. I learnt something @list.
To say the truth, we all knew this time will come. A time when BH will strive to perfect their bombing plan. It requires more of intelligence than just brute force. Terrorists have a mindset that death of humans in hundreds puts fear in man and eventually pleases god. Very scary, right! Who wouldnt be scared. There are four options i would propose, some are kind of extreme, but when u consider the times and souls lost so far, no solution is extreme.

1. Building Bio/DNA database for all residents of NE, most especially bornu. India, UK, Israel have such databases.We can patner with these countries, though expensive.

2.Baiting potential terrorists by setting up phoney intenational terror sponsors
3.Banning and arresting religious extrimist preachers.
4. We cannot work in isolation. Its high time we patner with Egypt, Algeria Libya and other anti terrorist govts in the ME.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
persius555:
To say the truth, we all knew this time will come. A time when BH will strive to perfect their bombing plan. It requires more of intelligence than just brute force. Terrorists have a mindset that death of humans in hundreds puts fear in man and eventually pleases god. Very scary, right! Who wouldnt be scared. There are four options i would propose, some are kind of extreme, but when u consider the times and souls lost so far, no solution is extreme.

1. Building Bio/DNA database for all residents of NE, most especially bornu. India, UK, Israel have such databases.We can patner with these countries, though expensive.

2.Baiting potential terrorists by setting up phoney intenational terror sponsors
3.Banning and arresting religious extrimist preachers.
4. We cannot work in isolation. Its high time we patner with Egypt, Algeria Libya and other anti terrorist govts in the ME.
true ...but these were suppose to be done in the earliest stage but not when they are now advanced in their activities.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Image123(m): 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
The few times i have been opportuned to see our army interrogate terrorist suspects, there's a lot left to be desired. i wasn't very happy with the level of intelligence and information gathering. Coupled with this approach of vainly trying to show/suggest that the terrorists are not Muslim.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2015
urnaijadotcom:

too much movie. U write like d service doesn't do much. D criminals u talk about know that for them to succeed they hav to create an in consisted pattern of operation and that's wat Boko haram are doing.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Image123(m): 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
sledjama:
Nice shot, but we need to start discussing how the US military can loan us K9 trainers to help train tens of german sherpherds which they should have gotten by now, to help sniff out these bastards moving around cities with IEDs.
Each 8 month old should cost less than $5000 each

better still, there are companies who render such services, lets end these bastards called boko harams.

Nice one.
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Image123(m): 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ideas anyone?
Re: How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services by Image123(m): 10:46pm On Oct 31, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4lUcpMLCxU&itct=CF4QpDAiEwiFl9GE0-3IAhVBIRwKHdDzARMyC2M0LXZpZGVvcy11WhhVQ0tueVZJVzVRdmZuc1hkZHNqRkt4NEE%3D&client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=NG
This is just not encouraging at all. This is very poor interrogation by our military. You cannot obtain any relevant information this way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Idris Wada Absent At Yahaya Bello's Inauguration Ceremony / Damian Opara Resigns As Imo PDP Publicity Secretary, Joins APC / Judiciary Workers To Join Planned Labour Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.