Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers (3632 Views)

General Victor Ezugwu Receives Hero's Cheers. Photos / Lai Mohammed Screened Amid Cheers Within 10 Minutes / Aregbesola Receives Cheers From Osun Citizens While On His Way To Work. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by ikeyman00(m): 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2009
sunnybobo

@ ikeyman

Nwanna, no mind dem jare. U r doing us proud!

good people good nigerian haha
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by youngies(m): 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2009
ikeyman00
This is no joke, will you get off that fermented palm wine!!  angry
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ Iykeman

Carry go!!!!
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by ikeyman00(m): 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2009
youngies

u see what u fail to see[b] youngies[/b] is this a cyberspace hence the nigerians are readin and make no mistake even some of those political asshole rocks!!! i can assure u they are laughin their ass off at all u morons that are tryin so hard to discredit this thread

but how is it gona work when they got limited thinking

try again

sunnybobo

well u right!!
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by DRANOEL(m): 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2009
the point i am trying to make is (and i still maintain),soludo as the regulator of the banks did well in stabilizing the financial sector (no doubt) but the managerial successes of these banks lies with their various m.d's(and support staff) or did soludo come down to manage u.b.a to raise it's finances? did he do same for intercontinental? or first bank? whats fair to the goose should be fair to the gender,so following the posters narrow logic when wema bank was having issues,it should have been put at soludo's door step or when spring had issues,that should have also been put at the door steps of soludo and not the m.d's shiken!
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by ikeyman00(m): 9:33pm On Apr 16, 2009
^^^^^^^

i think when a body doesnt understand the emm principles of an operational system; what should u do?

sit back and study the system, understand its operational system before makin a judgement

u see here in england, there is a board called  FA that regluates and oversees what goes on in premiership, they ban players that accumulates a number of card, they oversea the transfer of the players, they set standard; they oversee the behaviour of clubs overall; etc

just like solodu oversee the action of the banks transaction, so when u get the chance to read in the newspaper on soludo threatening to sanction any banks that doesnt follow the rules; u turn around sayin soludo is inconseqeutial to runnin of a corperate bank

damn u must be having a laugh!!!! make no mistake about things soludo is rock solid

when this young-superman identifies these slowpoke creepin in here, thats makes me sound like a fool right

cool
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by biina: 9:39pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ikeyman00
You obviously have no idea about banking or economics.

Question: Which problem did capitalization solve?

BTW does the English FA win matches? cos according to you Lord Triesman, the Chairman of the Board of the English FA should be credited for Manchester United (or any other english club) winning the champions league or the premiership
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by ikeyman00(m): 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2009
bilna

yes im not an economist agree but to say solodu doesnt oversees the runnin of nigerian banks within the scope of rules and regulation is ridiculous

as for man-u winning a match yes but FA oversees if the match was played fairly otherwise there could be a replay, they can even overturn a yellow or red card

so what are we talkin about here

it up to individual banks to decide how or where they gona invest the money, or who should be given a loan, as long as its done within the cbn conduct code

no be am now
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by biina: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2009
ikeyman00:

bilna

yes im not an economist agree but to say solodu doesnt oversees the runnin of nigerian banks within the scope of rules and regulation is ridiculous

as for man-u winning a match yes but FA oversees if the match was played fairly otherwise there could be a replay, they can even overturn a yellow or red card

so what are we talkin about here

it up to individual banks to decide how or where they gona invest the money, or who should be given a loan, as long as its done within the cbn conduct code

no be am now
I suspect the problem comes from your choice of words.

Soludo does NOT oversee the running of the banks (that is done by the Board of the Bank). The CBN is a regulatory body, and thus makes, and enforces policies, as it affects the banking sector (not specific banks). They are to apply sanctions when needed to ensure that banks act within the set regulations. The moment the CBN and/or Soludo starts to oversee the running at a bank, it has overstepped its boundary as a regulatory body. No amount of policing should positively affect the performance of a bank (except the bank is engaged in malpractices, in which case the argument is moot)

To borrow your analogy of soccer, The FA does not score goals, and goals are what decides football matches. No matter what the officiating tone may be, the result (except in the case of malpractice) is decided by goals scored on the pitch.

That being said, being on the Forbes list is not as noteworthy as you seem to make it. There are several companies on the list that are struggling for survival e.g. Citigroup and Yahoo.

Personally, I am yet to hear from the proponents of Soludo's capitalization efforts brilliance, coming forward to tell us what problem capitalization solved in the Nigeria Banking sector.
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by ikeyman00(m): 12:10am On Apr 17, 2009
^^^^^

i think somehow we are singin the same music nevermind what u called choice of words

However i let the economist decide the rest cuz i m not one

fine!!
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by Sagamite(m): 12:59am On Apr 17, 2009
ikeyman00:

^^^^^

i think somehow we are sinkin the same music nevermind what u called choice of words

However i let the economics decide the rest cuz i m not one

Illiterate!!!
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by ikeyman00(m): 4:29am On Apr 17, 2009
well emm lovely!!
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by smooooooth: 8:15am On Apr 17, 2009
no one is trying to promote tribalism or ethnicity, the best person shld be appointed to do a job, that way we get to move forward. but the problem is anytime we use the merit system to pick someone, its always an ibo man. and the rest of them holding power will close their eyes to this bitter truth. so tribalism go continue.
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by ikeyman00(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2009
^^^^
yes u are right mate;just like yorobos and uwasa have been runnin down nigeria

coursety to nl chance to see how ignorant these folks are

cool
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by FrankC3: 8:29am On Apr 17, 2009
I believe that we made a great choice in El-Rufai and Ribadu and they are not Igbos, they are reformers. Well, i will agree with you that there are more conservatives in the North but more progressives in the South. Progressives reform, conservatives reverse policies. Cf Yara'dua/OBJ
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by smooooooth: 8:29am On Apr 17, 2009
no mind them jare, in the 2007 elections, we all know the most credible candidates were pat utomi and kalu. but the stupid pple prefered to give it to that illiterate farmer to scattred everythng. now they are campaigning a second term for a sick non- functioning president when we still have pple like pat utomi around. dan buruba!!! shege.
Re: Soludo Just Made It Look So Easy ! Hmm Des Igbo People Self! Cheers by ikeyman00(m): 8:32am On Apr 17, 2009
cool
conservative meanin looting right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Operation Vote Out Current Nass(senators And Reps) / The Land Of Israel Rejects Africans / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.