Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,299 members, 7,954,192 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:54 PM

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary - Culture (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (520116 Views)

We Need To See More Hausa And Fulani Girls Representing Nigeria And In Nollywood / Traditional/ Native Hausa And Fulani Names? / How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by tr3y(m): 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Don't you think it might be a dialectical version of 'Mbakwe' which means 'if the town permits'?
I know someone bearing Mbakwe as surname, so this is the meaning!!
Nawaoo!!
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
[Sokoto- pants
Papa baalu-
Baluwe-bathroom
Igba dun- enjoy
Ounje-food
OFiisi-office
Pese- translate
Epele-bless you
Wi- said
Iyanu - amazing wondefful
E se- thanks
Nje o-do
Nso /soro-speak
Ewu-coat
Ikowe-write
Omi ikowe- pen
Penculu- pencil
Egba-absolutely
Daaro-goodnight
Kaaro-goodmorging
Okan-mind.soul
Otan-heart
Omoluwabi-modesty
Ebi obi mi- cousin

LIKE A BOSS!!!
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
Omo ebi obi mi- aunt uncle
Oju-face
Ereke-cheek
Akoko-time
Akeko-sstudent
Ile iwe boook
Awon they the interesting
Oun- he she
Pupo-stature
Aifakonbale-nervous
Ominira- liberty
Iku - death
Enu mouth
Fooonu-phone
Sibi-spoon
Ero ibanisoro-telephone
Eso - fruit
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
Learning a language is tramautic
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
Oba king
Omo obinrin oba princess
Moto drive
Travel journey -irin ajo
Irokuro- fantasy
Mo know
Agbese-agenda
Yellow-ofeefee
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by bigfrancis21: 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
fightforchange1: Learning a language is tramautic

What website are you copying and pasting all these from? smiley
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
bigfrancis21:

What website are you copying and pasting all these from? smiley
Ohhhh....lol smiley
Uh....well I have a translator on muh phone im also learning from mylanguages.org and omniglot.com!
I am not copying and pasting its in this ole noggin.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
fightforchange1:
Ohhhh....lol smiley
Uh....well I have a translator on muh phone im also learning from mylanguages.org and omniglot.com!
I am not copying and pasting its in this ole noggin.

Uhh how many languages u kno??
Alot of yall bilingual.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by bigfrancis21: 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
fightforchange1:

Uhh how many languages u kno??
Alot of yall bilingual.

Yea. Most Nigerians are bilingual in their native + English languages, and occassionaly trilingual. I am bilingual in Igbo and English. Speaking another language can be fun especially at those times you want to communicate privately and seamlessly. English-only speakers can attest to this smiley
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yea. Most Nigerians are bilingual in their native + English languages, and occassionaly trilingual. I am bilingual in Igbo and English. Speaking another language can be fun especially at those times you want to communicate privately and seamlessly. English-only speakers can attest to this smiley

Yoruba's a whole lot of fun...I suggest learning it.
I've had great fun :5) but it's complex tho.....very.
Do u kno any.
Im Stacey btwwink
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 11:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
fightforchange1:

Yoruba's a whole lot of fun...I suggest learning it.
I've had great fun :5) but it's complex tho.....very.
Do u kno any.
Im Stacey btwwink

Aroadeyorubadictionary.com
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 12:24am On Aug 08, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Can I email u....im not gonna hit on you.
Do you have female pals?
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 3:51am On Aug 08, 2014
Quic somebody take me a mental ward!!!
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 5:14am On Aug 08, 2014
fightforchange1:
Can I email u....im not gonna hit on you.
Do you have female pals?

Then dont send me anymore msgs!
Leave me alone! !!
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
Eran elede -pork
Iyara -chamber
Osan -orange
Osan oyinbo-pineapple
Korofo-empty
Rere-good
Beeni-correct
Obe -soup
Ogede -banana
Ile idana room
Ile igbe - toilet
Mangoro-mangoro
Awako driver
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by bigfrancis21: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
I've never contacted you privately, except the discussions we exchange on nairaland.

Relax and take it easy.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Fulaman198(m): 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
fightforchange1:

Then dont send me anymore msgs!
Leave me alone! !!

Are you talking to yourself?
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Fulaman198(m): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
bigfrancis21: I've never contacted you privately, except the discussions we exchange on nairaland.

Relax and take it easy.

I don't think she was talking to you bro, I think she meant that message for herself. She said she would not hit on you meaning indirectly she likes you, then she randomly quoted herself and said don't mail me.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by bigfrancis21: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

I don't think she was talking to you bro, I think she meant that message for herself. She said she would not hit on you meaning indirectly she likes you, then she randomly quoted herself and said don't mail me.

I think I was also talking to myself too, don't you think?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

Are you talking to yourself?

Nah....im talking to Francis....lmao
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=bigfrancis21]I've never contacted you privately, except the discussions we exchange on nairaland.

Relax and take it easy. [/quote
Im sorry....I dont see really see the point of us talking. ..anyway u can talk to me
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=fightforchange1][/quote]

The reason I got mad was bcuz u seem cool.
And it seems like ur putting a wall. Up or something.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
BigFrancis, my bro, chill na. grin

The girl emelu ife ojo like-a gi? wink
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Let's not piss francis off....I don know u so Who cares...chat on here.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
I don't want anyone getting mad....i dont any of francis friends to attack me. Im sorry.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by bigfrancis21: 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
Radoillo: BigFrancis, my bro, chill na. grin

The girl emelu ife ojo like-a gi? wink

Nna eh...a pasakwa m oo ebe m pasa, the nwa a na-achoyali m.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by bigfrancis21: 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
fightforchange1: Let's not piss francis off....I don know u so Who cares...chat on here.

I'm not pissed off at all.

Let's remain friends on here, ok?
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I'm not pissed off at all.

Let's remain friends on here, ok?

Sure mang
Putter there!
Hope youre having a good day!
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by fightforchange1(f): 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Nna eh...a pasakwa m oo ebe m pasa, the nwa a na-ahoyali m.
Say, could you tell mme wat yall saying
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Fulaman198(m): 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
fightforchange1:

Nah....im talking to Francis....lmao

What the heck.........I'm confused now I think I'm going to just bounce out of this thread

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Fulaman198(m): 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I think I was also talking to myself too, don't you think?

This is too odd for me bro mek I go lol I will leave you and your damsel to yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Nna eh...a pasakwa m oo ebe m pasa, the nwa a na-achoyali m.

LOL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (52) (Reply)

Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.