Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Why Is Pmb Keeping Quite On The Destruction By The Fulanis? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Pmb Keeping Quite On The Destruction By The Fulanis? (753 Views)

Cabal: Osinbajo Is Pmb’s Closest Confidante – Garba Shehu / Why Is PMB Marginalizing The South West? / What Is PMB Telling This Man Just Before Jetting Off To London (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Pmb Keeping Quite On The Destruction By The Fulanis? by dachpee(m): 9:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
Let me start by registering my condolence, sympathy and concern to the family of those who have been killed, kidnapped and sexually molested.
In recent times, Nigeria as a Country has witnessed series of killings, kidnappings and incidence of rape which has been on the increase and remains unabated. It is worrisome that that people are no longer safe in their houses and engaging in agricultural and other forms of economic activities tend to expose them to much greater risks.
It is no longer news that Nigeria today is under serious security threats and it would only take the cooperation of patriotic Nigerians and their unity to neutralize those responsible for the carnage we are witnessing as a Nation by terrorists and their sponsors.
There have been calls from various quarters on the need for the government to do more in the aspect as security even when though security is every person’s business.
Any time I think of the ongoing attacks/killings in Plateau State, North-Central and the North-Eastern parts of the Country which has lingered for some decades now I end up with the feeling that we are in a Country with laws that not operational or maybe they are only to be adhered strictly to by some people while others break it without being punished to serve as deterrent to potential law-breakers.
Taking life which is considered as precious before God is as simple, easier and with pleasure to some people in Nigeria today. Shedding human blood is like just killing a fly as human life has lost its value in the society we live in. No one can guarantee your safety and one cannot be convinced of coming back home safety after going out. This situation has continued unabatedly most especially in Plateau State since 2001 and one begin to wonder when such ugly experience would stop.
Many lives have been lost, many injured while many displaced and their property worth Billions of Naira being razed and looted by gunmen who have taken over as well as illegally occupying the lands of their victims.
Little of no attention has been given to many of the victims of terrorism in Plateau State, because they continue to wallow in abject poverty after being displaced from their ancestral aborigines. The situation is very sad, pathetic and totally unacceptable here in Plateau State and some North-Central States
Many a times, these attacks are said to be carried out by unknown gunmen but with the recent attack and kidnap of Chief Olu Falae (former Secretary to the Government of the Federation) on the day he was supposed to be celebrating his birthday on his farm in Ondo State by identified persons as well the rape of women in Benue and Taraba States within the same period has demonstrated that a lot need to be done to bring these gunmen to book as all their atrocities have left a bitter taste in the mouth and an indication that no place is safe any longer in Nigeria.
The magnitude of terror being perpetuated by the terrorists in not only a Regional or National threat to our National Unity, peaceful co-existence and harmonious living but a global threat which is highly condemnable as well as capable of discouraging investors (local and foreign) from making considerable and beneficial investments in our Country.
Terrorism is already affecting our economy and National unity negatively.
From the North-East, they have spread their networks to Plateau State and other strategic States in Nigeria with the aim of conquering and taken over the States.
Their acts of terrorism have brought negative impact to our reputation as a Country both regionally and Internationally and if nothing is being done to address the situation, they would succeed in turning Nigeria to Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria and the rest of the Countries that are currently under siege by terrorists.
It is high time for government at all levels to come up with sound, functional, workable and reliable approach to the insecurity bedeviling our Nation and threatening our peaceful co-existence. The security system should be further empowered and enhanced for optimal performance. The security personnel should be seen being patriotic, proactive and professional in the discharge of their duties. They MUST live up to their responsibilities of protecting our National integrity, life and property of the populace as well as the maintenance of law and order so that Nigeria does not become a lawless Nation.
Fair, even and kind treatment should be given to victims of terrorism through compensation, reconstruction and rehabilitation while government should be seen working tirelessly to restore peace and order in the affected communities.
Internally Displaced Persons are victims of government’s negligence, lack of diligence and good governance and need government intervention so that they would have sense of belonging in the societies where they live.
Government should take the fight against corruption and terrorism with all the deserved seriousness not the usual lip service and not with kid gloves.
There is the need for greater unity of purpose among patriotic Nigerians and this would neutralize the strength of the terrorists and their sponsors. We also need to cooperate with the security personnel who are ready and willing to perform their duties according to their rules of engagement with sensitive/confidential information at all times.
As a youth, I am committed to anything within the ambit of the law that would restore peace, build confidence and trust as well as bring about improvement to economic development of Nigeria.
While I comment the present administration’s resolve for us to have a corrupt-free Nation, I’ll lend my unalloyed support to the fight against corruption which is now a menace and a canker worm that has eaten deep into the fabrics of our society. I would also want the government to channel its administrative arsenal to fight against terrorism, improvement in power supply, education, providing gainful employment to the unemployed youths (who are ready, willing and capable of contributing their quota to Nation building) and capacity building of the citizenry.
The youths are always readily available for those who doesn’t mean well for this Country, people whose stock-in-trade is to ignite crisis by negatively brain-washing and making financial inducement to them on account of the economic realities in the Country. It is at this point that I would want the government to give special attention to capacity building of the youths through massive empowerment, employment, skill acquisition programme (this can be done by empowering the ITF and National Directorate of Employment) and educational scholarship disbursements. There is need for massive orientation, peace advocacies, workshops and seminars for participation by the youths.
Youths who are credible, competent, willing, ready, and able as well as with proven integrity should be recruited into the machinery of government and allowed to participate actively in the governance process. Once the youths are engage, the crisis merchants would find it difficult to penetrate them for their parochial interests.
I know of many youths who when given the opportunity to serve would do credibly well. As youths our concerns are to see that peace is restored, confidences are built, and our security is guaranteed so that we can unlock our potentials in order to contribute immensely to Nation building. We expect a lot from this administration and we shouldn’t be treated fairly and justly even with our “Oliver Twist” (always wanting more) dispositions.
While government is playing its cardinal roles of fulfilling its mandate, the youths would ensure they play significant roles by contributing their quota to National growth and development.
Since youths are said to be the vanguard of the society, it is incumbent then that they are mentored, empowered, tutored and their capacities built so that they can fulfill their full potentials as well as reach self-actualization at appreciable levels.
Government should ensure that all those engaged in the dastard acts of killings are brought to book so that they would face the full wrath of the law.
The Federal government should not treat the issue of Chief Olu Falae with levity or kid gloves but work to ensure his timely release by his abductors and make sure the kidnappers are caught and punish according to the laws of the land.
Our optimism of a better Nigeria should not be dashed but kept awake with great/visible hope by our leaders. It is therefore worthy to note that insecurity has constituted major threats/setbacks to our National Unity, Peaceful Co-existence, religious tolerance, economy development and harmonious living.
The spate of killings potent grave danger which if left unaddressed is capable of dividing this Country by inciting civil war among Nigerians.
I align my voice to those calling for the establishment of State and Community Police which when empowered and strengthened would address the insecurity militating against our peace.
Peace is priceless, our National unity and interest should not be compromised if we are to make significant progress in terms of unlocking our economic potentials for National development.
United in peace we stand, but divided in disunity we fall.
God bless Plateau State, Nigeria and all patriotic Nigerians.
Cmr. Friday Bako
Re: Why Is Pmb Keeping Quite On The Destruction By The Fulanis? by mikolo80: 3:50am On Sep 24, 2015
dachpee:

Let me start by registering my condolence, sympathy and concern to the family of those who have been killed, kidnapped and sexually molested.
In recent times, Nigeria as a Country has witnessed series of killings, kidnappings and incidence of rape which has been on the increase and remains unabated. It is worrisome that that people are no longer safe in their houses and engaging in agricultural and other forms of economic activities tend to expose them to much greater risks.
It is no longer news that Nigeria today is under serious security threats and it would only take the cooperation of patriotic Nigerians and their unity to neutralize those responsible for the carnage we are witnessing as a Nation by terrorists and their sponsors.
There have been calls from various quarters on the need for the government to do more in the aspect as security even when though security is every person’s business.
Any time I think of the ongoing attacks/killings in Plateau State, North-Central and the North-Eastern parts of the Country which has lingered for some decades now I end up with the feeling that we are in a Country with laws that not operational or maybe they are only to be adhered strictly to by some people while others break it without being punished to serve as deterrent to potential law-breakers.
Taking life which is considered as precious before God is as simple, easier and with pleasure to some people in Nigeria today. Shedding human blood is like just killing a fly as human life has lost its value in the society we live in. No one can guarantee your safety and one cannot be convinced of coming back home safety after going out. This situation has continued unabatedly most especially in Plateau State since 2001 and one begin to wonder when such ugly experience would stop.
Many lives have been lost, many injured while many displaced and their property worth Billions of Naira being razed and looted by gunmen who have taken over as well as illegally occupying the lands of their victims.
Little of no attention has been given to many of the victims of terrorism in Plateau State, because they continue to wallow in abject poverty after being displaced from their ancestral aborigines. The situation is very sad, pathetic and totally unacceptable here in Plateau State and some North-Central States
Many a times, these attacks are said to be carried out by unknown gunmen but with the recent attack and kidnap of Chief Olu Falae (former Secretary to the Government of the Federation) on the day he was supposed to be celebrating his birthday on his farm in Ondo State by identified persons as well the rape of women in Benue and Taraba States within the same period has demonstrated that a lot need to be done to bring these gunmen to book as all their atrocities have left a bitter taste in the mouth and an indication that no place is safe any longer in Nigeria.
The magnitude of terror being perpetuated by the terrorists in not only a Regional or National threat to our National Unity, peaceful co-existence and harmonious living but a global threat which is highly condemnable as well as capable of discouraging investors (local and foreign) from making considerable and beneficial investments in our Country.
Terrorism is already affecting our economy and National unity negatively.
From the North-East, they have spread their networks to Plateau State and other strategic States in Nigeria with the aim of conquering and taken over the States.
Their acts of terrorism have brought negative impact to our reputation as a Country both regionally and Internationally and if nothing is being done to address the situation, they would succeed in turning Nigeria to Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria and the rest of the Countries that are currently under siege by terrorists.
It is high time for government at all levels to come up with sound, functional, workable and reliable approach to the insecurity bedeviling our Nation and threatening our peaceful co-existence. The security system should be further empowered and enhanced for optimal performance. The security personnel should be seen being patriotic, proactive and professional in the discharge of their duties. They MUST live up to their responsibilities of protecting our National integrity, life and property of the populace as well as the maintenance of law and order so that Nigeria does not become a lawless Nation.
Fair, even and kind treatment should be given to victims of terrorism through compensation, reconstruction and rehabilitation while government should be seen working tirelessly to restore peace and order in the affected communities.
Internally Displaced Persons are victims of government’s negligence, lack of diligence and good governance and need government intervention so that they would have sense of belonging in the societies where they live.
Government should take the fight against corruption and terrorism with all the deserved seriousness not the usual lip service and not with kid gloves.
There is the need for greater unity of purpose among patriotic Nigerians and this would neutralize the strength of the terrorists and their sponsors. We also need to cooperate with the security personnel who are ready and willing to perform their duties according to their rules of engagement with sensitive/confidential information at all times.
As a youth, I am committed to anything within the ambit of the law that would restore peace, build confidence and trust as well as bring about improvement to economic development of Nigeria.
While I comment the present administration’s resolve for us to have a corrupt-free Nation, I’ll lend my unalloyed support to the fight against corruption which is now a menace and a canker worm that has eaten deep into the fabrics of our society. I would also want the government to channel its administrative arsenal to fight against terrorism, improvement in power supply, education, providing gainful employment to the unemployed youths (who are ready, willing and capable of contributing their quota to Nation building) and capacity building of the citizenry.
The youths are always readily available for those who doesn’t mean well for this Country, people whose stock-in-trade is to ignite crisis by negatively brain-washing and making financial inducement to them on account of the economic realities in the Country. It is at this point that I would want the government to give special attention to capacity building of the youths through massive empowerment, employment, skill acquisition programme (this can be done by empowering the ITF and National Directorate of Employment) and educational scholarship disbursements. There is need for massive orientation, peace advocacies, workshops and seminars for participation by the youths.
Youths who are credible, competent, willing, ready, and able as well as with proven integrity should be recruited into the machinery of government and allowed to participate actively in the governance process. Once the youths are engage, the crisis merchants would find it difficult to penetrate them for their parochial interests.
I know of many youths who when given the opportunity to serve would do credibly well. As youths our concerns are to see that peace is restored, confidences are built, and our security is guaranteed so that we can unlock our potentials in order to contribute immensely to Nation building. We expect a lot from this administration and we shouldn’t be treated fairly and justly even with our “Oliver Twist” (always wanting more) dispositions.
While government is playing its cardinal roles of fulfilling its mandate, the youths would ensure they play significant roles by contributing their quota to National growth and development.
Since youths are said to be the vanguard of the society, it is incumbent then that they are mentored, empowered, tutored and their capacities built so that they can fulfill their full potentials as well as reach self-actualization at appreciable levels.
Government should ensure that all those engaged in the dastard acts of killings are brought to book so that they would face the full wrath of the law.
The Federal government should not treat the issue of Chief Olu Falae with levity or kid gloves but work to ensure his timely release by his abductors and make sure the kidnappers are caught and punish according to the laws of the land.
Our optimism of a better Nigeria should not be dashed but kept awake with great/visible hope by our leaders. It is therefore worthy to note that insecurity has constituted major threats/setbacks to our National Unity, Peaceful Co-existence, religious tolerance, economy development and harmonious living.
The spate of killings potent grave danger which if left unaddressed is capable of dividing this Country by inciting civil war among Nigerians.
I align my voice to those calling for the establishment of State and Community Police which when empowered and strengthened would address the insecurity militating against our peace.
Peace is priceless, our National unity and interest should not be compromised if we are to make significant progress in terms of unlocking our economic potentials for National development.
United in peace we stand, but divided in disunity we fall.
God bless Plateau State, Nigeria and all patriotic Nigerians.
Cmr. Friday Bako
because other nigerians are cowards
abi dem no sabi where dem de buy rat poison

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pmb Keeping Quite On The Destruction By The Fulanis? by qdat(m): 3:55am On Sep 24, 2015
OK..
Re: Why Is Pmb Keeping Quite On The Destruction By The Fulanis? by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 24, 2015
Because is Fulani, and he understands very well that the only good thing they can do is killing.
Re: Why Is Pmb Keeping Quite On The Destruction By The Fulanis? by GoodMuyis(m): 6:43am On Sep 24, 2015
mikolo80:
because other nigerians are cowards abi dem no sabi where dem de buy ra poison
next time use the reply button instead of quoiting the whole.
back to OP:
Have U ask first what the state Govt are doing g to protect the life ?
Sorry I did not read you post, its too lengthy and messy , not well arranged

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pmb Keeping Quite On The Destruction By The Fulanis? by mikolo80: 12:37am On Sep 25, 2015
GoodMuyis:

next time use the reply button instead of quoiting the whole.

i wan make him see as the thing long like mumu

back to OP:

Have U ask first what the state Govt are doing g to protect the life ?

i don't need to
it's not there responsibilit(forget all those mumu title they give demselves)no be by chief security officer
they don't control police 'army or even road safety
so "not much they can do"(yeah i know there are some things they could do if they really cared but let's be realstic'nothing they can do but beg president who is not interested.)

Sorry I did not read you post, its too lengthy and messy , not well arranged

(1) (Reply)

10 Top Films In Wnollywood (western Nigeria Movies Industries) / Court Discharges, Acquits Suspected Attackers Of Dora Akunyili After 14 Years Of / Buhari’s Customs Boss Flies Private Jet Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.