Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! (2124 Views)

“mysterious” Rain Disrupted Alamieyeseigha’s Burial Yesterday. / Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by UmuEri(m): 11:08am On Sep 24, 2015
NewsRescue

The Muslim Eid al-Adha prayers in Ilorin, capital of Kwara state were this morning disrupted as the country’s embattled Senate president, Bukola Saraki was pelted with stones and pure water sachets as he arrived in his car convoy.

The chaos caused by the stoning of the senate president who has been charged with 13 counts of corruption and false asset declaration, caused the prayers to be disrupted with the loud speakers not calling the prayers and several thousands of faithfuls unable to say the prayers.

People were gathered to patiently stone him after the prayers. NewsRescue reporters saw stones flying into the sky.

The Senate president was reportedly disguised or covered up and whisked out of the grounds to save him from the anger of the crowds.

This was the first Eid Saraki was attending as senate president.

Kwara state has been slavishly under the control of Saraki and his late father for decades

- See more at: http://newsrescue.com/eid-prayers-disrupted-in-ilorin-as-senate-president-bukola-saraki-stoned/#axzz3mUBM1o27

More details soon

http://newsrescue.com/eid-prayers-disrupted-in-ilorin-as-senate-president-bukola-saraki-stoned/#axzz3mUBM1o27

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by kishimi8(m): 11:13am On Sep 24, 2015
Even his people are rejecting him,
I just hope it was not planned or people paid to stone him
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by wasuka14(m): 11:16am On Sep 24, 2015
This is what happen when ppl eyes r open. This is is d begining #bukolasaraki can't see favour in ilorin again.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by PenSniper: 11:16am On Sep 24, 2015
Bravo to the indigenes of Ilorin for this bravado.
They are beginning to see their freedom in the horizon.
End of Saraki dominance in kwara is in sight indeed.
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by nerodenero: 11:17am On Sep 24, 2015
Really getting ugly for Sarakill everywhere. His relevance gradually fading drastically. If found guilty, then he should kiss his political career goodbye.

I hope the fight against corruption continues and not selective. Polithiefcians irrespective of party affiliations, religion, sex and ethnic group should face the music if found wanting.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Lvlink(f): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2015
Nawa oo I see trouble!

Saraki has been rejected.
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Omambala1(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2015
I see saraki rocking the boat. Saraki will never fall without putting up a fight!
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Omambala1(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2015
Lvlink:
Nawa oo I see trouble!

Saraki has been rejected.
my friend keep shut. Who told you that he has been rejected? Don't worry, that politically motivated stoning has a repercussion!
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by broxymall(m): 11:23am On Sep 24, 2015
Watch collections available Emporio armani, Casio Edifice Chronograph watch, Diesel watch, and other collections, visit link at signature
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Eeser: 11:23am On Sep 24, 2015
Ghen ghen
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2015
Was Chukwudi44 not there to defend him?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Vyolet(f): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2015
Mtchew..
What's the essence of stoning him?
Is he not facing enough troubles already?
I smell it's the handiwork of paid touts.
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by fagbalex(m): 11:26am On Sep 24, 2015
Omambala1:
my friend keep shut. Who told you that he has been rejected? Don't worry, that politically motivated stoning has a repercussion!

Ode, you're useless am am a proud member of the people that stone him. Bukola is a thieve.
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by UmuEri(m): 11:26am On Sep 24, 2015
Omambala1:
exactly. When 20 senators of the APC starts defecting to the PDP, their eyes will clear!
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Obinovictor(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2015
That's what happens when you decide to dine with the devil with a small fork. You land yourself in trouble.
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Bevista: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2015
ok
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by fyneguy: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2015
UmuEri:
exactly. When 20 senators of the APC starts defecting to the PDP, their eyes will clear!

grin

You are a baby in Politics. Politicians do not jump anyhow. You must weigh your chances before you make a move. You think there's blind loyalty for Saraki, right? wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by UmuEri(m): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2015
fagbalex:

Ode, you're useless am am a proud member of the people that stone him. Bukola is a thieve.
correction, saraki is a thief, Buhari is a thief, tinubu is a thief, Amaechi is a bigger thief. Infact all the APC governors are thieves and Buhari is the gang leader.

So please gather enough stones. All these people needs stoning! grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by nerodenero: 11:31am On Sep 24, 2015
Omambala1:
I see saraki rocking the boat. Saraki will never fall without putting up a fight!
The fighting back has started the moment he pleaded not guilty to all charges at CCT. If found guilty he should go down and other polithiefcians should also go down too. We need a corrupt-free Nigeria.

That's my take!!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by lcoral(f): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2015
So what is d breaking news here. When by next week saraki would be an old news. Nigeria politics is d more u look d less u see.
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Okobaba1(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2015
UmuEri:
NewsRescue

The Muslim Eid al-Adha prayers in Ilorin, capital of Kwara state were this morning disrupted as the country’s embattled Senate president, Bukola Saraki was pelted with stones and pure water sachets as he arrived in his car convoy.

The chaos caused by the stoning of the senate president who has been charged with 13 counts of corruption and false asset declaration, caused the prayers to be disrupted with the loud speakers not calling the prayers and several thousands of faithfuls unable to say the prayers.

People were gathered to patiently stone him after the prayers. NewsRescue reporters saw stones flying into the sky.

The Senate president was reportedly disguised or covered up and whisked out of the grounds to save him from the anger of the crowds.

This was the first Eid Saraki was attending as senate president.

Kwara state has been slavishly under the control of Saraki and his late father for decades

- See more at: http://newsrescue.com/eid-prayers-disrupted-in-ilorin-as-senate-president-bukola-saraki-stoned/#axzz3mUBM1o27

More details soon

http://newsrescue.com/eid-prayers-disrupted-in-ilorin-as-senate-president-bukola-saraki-stoned/#axzz3mUBM1o27

I remember telling som1 frm anoda thread dat it is the Senators that will be stoned. My prediction has just started with the senate president. Watch out for more stones for any senator who tries to thwart buhari's plans. Dem neva see anything.

From Okobaba1
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by BrBakreez(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2015
This though very demeaning to the person of the Senate President but very necessary, it is high time we started telling our politicians who seems larger than life that it is no longer business as usual. Imagine a situation where an individual has so much to his credit where many are haves not, many struggle to survive in Kwara just like it is in many states across the federation yet politicians want to be worshiped by people whom they expect to feed from their feet. That has been happening in Kwara from the time of Late Olushola Saraki where he was a god on his own till the Junior Saraki dethrone him in 2011 when baba supported Gbemisola against the wish of Bukola, Kwarans and emirates are gradually getting wiser, it is beyond nonpayment of arrears of salary like they want us to believe, even if it is we should ask them about the bailout fund and whether the Federal Government owed them when Jonathan was in power. Nigerians are getting wiser daily, this is the true language of change which Saraki himself also campaigned for without knowing he would be the first victim among the campaigner for change. He should not feel embarrassed or harassed because this is truly the change we want
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by richidinho(m): 11:34am On Sep 24, 2015
tinubu's thugz grin
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by idupaul: 11:34am On Sep 24, 2015
kishimi8:
Even his people are rejecting him, I just hope it was not planned or people paid to stone him
Ofcourse they were paid na
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by saint047(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2015
paid crowd
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Naijaepic: 11:38am On Sep 24, 2015
People now see beyond their nose. If you think saraki can still enslaved Kwaran for the next five years then you are not feeling the pulse in the city. The Emirates youth in Ilorin will not follow in the footstep of their fathers who had almost mortgaged their life for the pot of porridge at the alter of Saraki.
Omambala1:
Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by UmuEri(m): 11:39am On Sep 24, 2015
idupaul:

unfortunately, we need more stone grin grin grin after all Amaethief adopted stoning as a way of resolving disputes grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2015
wasuka14:
This is what happen when ppl eyes r open. This is is d begining #bukolasaraki can't see favour in ilorin again.
illiteracy bad ooooo. Somebody standing trial is now a convict? Stonning Saraki is against his fundamental human right. Thank God for his security aide who did not even shoot. IMAGINE A MUSLIM GOING TO PRAYER GROUND WITH STONES TO KILL AN INNOCENT MAN. THANK GOD FOR CHRISTIANITY.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Omambala1(m): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2015
Naijaepic:
People now see beyond their nose. If you think saraki can still enslaved Kwaran for the next five years then you are not feeling the pulse in the city. The Emirates youth in Ilorin will not follow in the footstep of their fathers who had almost mortgaged their life for the pot of porridge at the alter of Saraki.
don't get me wrong bro, I am not a fan of saraki. Infact he is a thief and deserves what he is getting. But let's not pretend about the political unseen hands in that stoning!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by Omambala1(m): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
illiteracy bad ooooo. Somebody standing trial is now a convict? Stonning Saraki is against his fundamental human right. Thank God for his security aide who did not even shoot. IMAGINE A MUSLIM GOING TO PRAYER GROUND WITH STONES TO KILL AN INNOCENT MAN. THANK GOD FOR CHRISTIANITY.
my friend Islam is a peaceful Religion. Those that stoned him were Christians grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
Omambala1:
my friend Islam is a peaceful Religion. Those that stoned him were Christians grin
Christians going to Muslim praying ground to stone a Muslim? Illiteracy and intolerant in Islam speaks volume.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! by kishimi8(m): 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
idupaul:

Where you there when they were paid.. you can pay a small crowd but can't pay thousands to stone a person,
And some peeps that were at the eid ground said they witnessed it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Loan Scandal, Runs To Court / Port Harcourt All Set As PDP Holds National Convention In Rivers State 2day(pics / Ike Ekweremmadu's Masterstroke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.