Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? (1951 Views)

My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. / 10 Pictures Single And Frustrated Ladies Can Relate To / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by June24th: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
Can you marry a lady or a guy who already has a kid?

You're single, never married . You've almost given up on falling in love. Out of the blues, you meet this
great dude/babe. Everything works out well. He/she has everything u've ever wanted in a partner. There
is great mutual affection (or it appears to be).
One day your partner told you that there is something you have to know. He/she has a kid. He/she
loves the kid so much. If you want him/her, you have to also want the kid. You're concerned about the kid. What will you do?
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by naijaboiy: 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
No problem about that for me smiley

1 Like

Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by Tallesty1(m): 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
I can but I won't.

I will withdraw gradually.

1 Like

Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by buygala(m): 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
No, I can't angry

Apart from the fact that the girl may have 'unfinished business' with her baby-daddy, There are just too many complexities which accompany marrying a single mother sad

Life is already hard enough without taking on another man's problem angry

2 Likes

Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by Precious91(m): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
why not?It is not a disease
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by FruityLass: 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
Nobody is perfect on this planet.

Imagine this world, so full of people with different personalities like drunkards, womanizers, and the ones who can't control their temper, all of them somehow stumble upon a person who loves them for who they areā€¦ how much more do simple single parents deserve a partner who has hope and faith in them?
Marriage to me is made beautiful by two committed people, two people who are willing to sacrifice everything for each other for the good of their relationship.
And that's if one babymama won't be coming in with baggages later.
I can only if he's divorced or death caused.
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
Truth be told, it can never be straight forward dating a single parent, except the child's father/mother is married happily. But it worth a shot smiley
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by lekjons(m): 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
NO!..

why didn't she tell me she had a baby?!.. she hid it from me..i can't trust her!

if she had revealed to me that she had a baby from the very beginning of the relationship.. would've left before the love goes deep..

don't want complications in my marriage..
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by June24th: 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
Tallesty1:
I can but I won't.

I will withdraw gradually.
Hahahaaa, what if u really like her
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by Tallesty1(m): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
June24th:

Hahahaaa, what if u really like her
I will start to unlike her.
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 24, 2015
June24th:

You're single, never married . You've almost given up on falling in love. Out of the blues, you meet this
great dude/babe. Everything works out well. He/she has everything u've ever wanted in a partner. There
One day your partner told you that there is something you have to know. He/she has a kid. He/she
loves the kid so much. If you want him/her, you have to also want the kid. You're concerned about the kid. What will you do?

Sure.. first I will make her kid love me then it will be difficult for her to resist me, especially if am very good in d kitchen
and most especially in Bedmatics grin grin grin grin
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by tosyne2much(m): 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
The only thing i always avoid doing, is discriminating against others by their misdeed, but on this issue, my love for her will most probably head on diminishing returns the moment i get to know she's a single mother

This is not about maturity or immaturity, it's about diverse individual's discretion

To each his own opinion
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by charlito94(m): 10:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
I grew up with my dad n stepmum shes d best i can swear simple n kind doesnt hv a problem has 4kids so if one can actually take me i too though As a guy I don't like it but if d situation is one I can't let go den I will HV to do d needful
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by rapmike(m): 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
June24th:

Definitely, I can. But both of us have to get some things sorted out.

1. First of all, I won't have unnecessary dramatics over the father of the kid eg like her developing feelings for him or sleeping with him etc. The best that he can be is to be a friend.
2. Both of them have to be responsible. Yes, both of them because in a situation where me and the lady is married and the kid is staying with me, I won't want a drunk father visiting at any moment. Even if it was a mistake that got her pregnant, let the man behave responsibly, for that kid will have two fathers.

There are other stuffs but these two will suffice.

P.S if the woman has more than one kid, then it becomes far more difficult.
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
I will do what an alien lion does to the cubs of it's new female partner
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by June24th: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
^^^hmmmm
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by MarianaTrench: 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
praiseoski:
I will do what an alien lion does to the cubs of it's new female partner

angry
Re: Single And Searching: Can You Marry A Single Parent??? by beebof: 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2019
Yes I can

(1) (Reply)

War Against Nigerian Ladies!!! / . / Photo Fashionable Or Half Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.