Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Your God Is Too Small - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your God Is Too Small (18992 Views)

Funke Adejumo's UK Ban: Daddy Freeze, Adelaja & Mayowa Are Too Small To Ban Rev. / Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! / "T.B Joshua Is Too Small" - Apostle Johnson Suleman (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2015
frank317:

Good. The next thing is.... We start exchanging words over an imaginery being who is no where to be found. At the end of the day u will end up showing no proof of where the hell he is. It just does not make sense. So as you type u actually think u are speaking on behalf or for the supposedly intelligent all powerful creator? Like is this a joke?

I thought of picking ur replies one after the other but then... I just thought... So this guy is speaking for the intelligent creator who created the unimaginable universe filled with awe? I had to stop...

If you think anything u said up there prooves ur God, Then ur God must be one big joke. The fact is that I am yet to see any proof of Yahweh or Allah. And in all sincerity, if they actually exist, I am here and waiting for them to make me aware. If they can't, then I see no reason why you are even replying me... Are u God?

Imagine him defending or trying to explain the existence of an all powerful being that is alive and can do all things to others. The worst part is that he is failing terribly at it. No God that truly exist will allow an incompetent person like him to talk on it's behalf or defend it. No God that is alive will do that. Only a God that exist only in his head will allow that because it exist oly inside his brain.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your God Is Too Small by respect80(m): 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

Scientific theories are man made and every body acknowledges that fact, a lot of them have been modified and discarded. The bible is the work of men whom they ascribed to a divine entity they imagined and made up, that is why it is to be believed on faith not based on objective evidence.

If you know this, then why are you so obsessed about God's existence perhaps this same scientists may discover the truth sooner or later...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

Most have different messages and they all claim that they have Jesus in them, why shouldn't they be believed? Who are the false prohets among Chris Oyahkilome, T.D Jakes, Pastor Kumuyi and the Catholic Pope for example? Why are all their messages and doctrines different? Every christian claims christ lives in him or her. But we all know that they are just making it up because christ lives only in their heads.

2 Timothy 4: 1- 2
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Everyone wants to worship God in his convenient way - heeding not to sound true doctrine

It does not mean God does not exist . Na wa oo . grin

2 Likes

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

Scientific theories are man made and every body acknowledges that fact, a lot of them have been modified and discarded. The bible is the work of men whom they ascribed to a divine entity they imagined and made up, that is why it is to be believed on faith not based on objective evidence.

they ascribed to a divine entity they imagined and made up ?

You didnt address Anas09's questions the other day . You ran like a coward when posed with pragmatic questions . Pfft

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
respect80:

If you know this, then why are you so obsessed about God's existence perhaps this same scientists may discover the truth sooner or later...

I am not obsessed with God's existence, I am obsessed with human beings that buy into the idea. Gods do not exist, but humans that think and assume that Gods exist, they are whom I interact with. Scientist will never discover any God, not the Gods of man made religions, those Gods are all man made.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

they ascribed to a divine entity they imagined and made up ?

You didnt address Anas09's questions the other day . You ran like a coward when posed with pragmatic questions . Pfft

Which questions are you talking about? Yeah, the God of the bible was imagined by the people that wrote the bible that is why his attributes are often contradictory within the bible.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Everyone wants to worship God in his convenient way - heeding not to sound true doctrine

When will God come out and set them straight? Why is God leaving the work for you to tell others? Except if such a God lives only in your head, which is the reality of the matter.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

Which questions are you talking about? Yeah, the God of the bible was imagined by the people that wrote the bible that is why he attributes are often contradictory within the bible.

Check your mentions ? Stop being hypocritical ... its pathetic

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by respect80(m): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

I am not obsessed with God's existence, I am obsessed with human beings that buy into the idea. Gods do not exist, but humans that think and assume that Gods exist is whom I interact with. Scientist will never discover any God, not the Gods of man made religions, those Gods are all man made.

Perhaps you gotta start preaching atheistic gospel so we can see which side wins the battle because I believe if you so wish you won't spend as much time as you have searching for facts to disprove God's existence before you understand he's real.

People fail to believe God exist especially when they fail to understand these 2 facts below :

1.They have failed to understand the power of the Holy Spirit who is capable to minister to your mind body and soul
2.they have also failed to understand the power of the devil who is also capable to minister to your mind body and soul.

If you can't decode those two above then you are the most suitable prey to the devil

3 Likes

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

When will God come out and set them straight? Why is God leaving the work for you to tell others? Except if such a God lives only in your head, which is the reality of the matter.

How can an imagination leave the work for me to the tell others .

You are very confused

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Check your mentions ? Stop being hypocritical ... its pathetic

I can't remember interacting with the moniker. You made the claim so provide the evidence.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

How can an imagination leave the work for me to the tell others .

You are very confused

You are your God, you just want others to believe what the imagined and indoctrinated you with. If your God exist you will not tell any body about it. It will do that by itself. Christians have to tell others about Yahweh, just as muslims have to tell others about Allah and Hindus have to tell others about Brahma, all man made Gods that need men to do everything for them because they are man made inventions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2015
respect80:

Perhaps you gotta start preaching atheistic gospel so we can see which side wins the battle because I believe if you so wish you won't spend as much time as you have searching for facts to disprove God's existence before you understand he's real.

People fail to believe God exist especially when they fail to understand these 2 facts below :

1.They have failed to understand the power of the Holy Spirit who is capable to minister to your mind body and soul
2.they have also failed to understand the power of the devil who is also capable to minister to your mind body and soul.

If you can't decode those two above then you are the most suitable prey to the devil

The holy spirit that can not even tell christians which direction to take? The devil is another fictitious character just like God.Both are imaginary entities.

2 Likes

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
frank317:

Good. The next thing is.... We start exchanging words over an imaginery being who is no where to be found. At the end of the day u will end up showing no proof of where the hell he is. It just does not make sense. So as you type u actually think u are speaking on behalf or for the supposedly intelligent all powerful creator? Like is this a joke?

Matthew 10:32-33
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven

Like I said I have mandate . I draw my strength , inspiration from the word of God . Where do you draw yours ?

I thought of picking ur replies one after the other but then... I just thought... So this guy is speaking for the intelligent creator who created the unimaginable universe filled with awe? I had to stop...

You have never stood any chance against me . Your sense of reasoning has always been very poor

If you think anything u said up there prooves ur God, Then ur God must be one big joke. The fact is that I am yet to see any proof of Yahweh or Allah. And in all sincerity, if they actually exist, I am here and waiting for them to make me aware. If they can't, then I see no reason why you are even replying me... Are u God?

Everyone who has received a miracle is mentally unstable .

I have something for you :

KingEbukasBlog:

Lol ... Ive always been open minded but in the right way . That's why I want someone who FULLY understands the theory to answer those questions , especially the third one . Nevertheless , I will still do more studying of the theory .

But you know some Christians believe in evolution right ? Theistic evolutionists .

Abiogenesis have been dis proven - a clear evidence of the supernatural or more of theistic evolution ?

Genesis 2 : 7

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Only through " supernatural intervention " can life come from from the non living .

Science has offered its best for the genesis of life , I think

1. Abiogenesis &
2. Panspermia - which obviously redirects to Abiogenesis

What's your take of the above thoughts ?

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

You are your God, you just want others to believe what the imagined and indoctrinated you with. If your God exist you will not tell any body about it. It will do that by itself. Christians have to tell others about Yahweh, just as muslims have to tell others about Allah and Hindus have to tell others about Brahma, all man made Gods that need men to do everything for them because they are man made inventions.

The nonexistence of God is only what you imagined and are being indoctrinated with

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The nonexistence of God is only what you imagined and are being indoctrinated with

Describe God to me in details so that if I encounter it I will know that it is God and not some other phenomenon. Go ahead.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Like I said I have mandate . I draw my strength , inspiration from the word of God . Where do you draw yours ?

Word of God or word of men that ascribe it to God idea they invented? The Koran is also the word of God, so also is the Egyptian book of the dead and the hindu vedas. All are word of God. Do you agree, why or why not?

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

Describe God to me in details so that if I encounter it I will know that it is God and not some other phenomenon. Go ahead.

I have not seen God but I he responds to my requests . I pray and he answers . Prayer is a means of communicating with God . You can pray if you want something from Him smiley .

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

I can't remember interacting with the moniker. You made the claim so provide the evidence.

Your hypocrisy is very pathetic

KingEbukasBlog:

Plus its also sad that you picked an excerpt of his post , trying to be incredulous . Lemme paste the other side so you'd ask him questions wink

This should be exciting if dalaman accepts this "challenge " grin grin . Grabs pop corn with winner01 grin
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I have not seen God but I he responds to my requests . I pray and he answers . Prayer is a means of communicating with God . You can pray if you want something from Him smiley .

When you pray to God does he speak to you? Which request of yours does God respond to? I bet you, your life is no different from the life of another person that prays to another God or an atheist that prays to no God at all. There is nothing that you have or you will ever have that a person praying to another God doesn't have or a person that doesn't pray at all does not posses. Prayer has not been demonstrated to work any where. People believe that prayers work but in reality it doesn't. That is why there is no evidence to show that those who pray have things easier or better than those who do not pray at all.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

Word of God or word of men that ascribe it to God idea they invented? The Koran is also the word of God, so also is the Egyptian book of the dead and the hindu vedas. All are word of God. Do you agree, why or why not?

Ive not read a Koran or the other one , so I can't say . Ehya ... malvingsguy was a muslim and has possibly read the two books . You can ask him
Re: Your God Is Too Small by menesheh(m): 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Common!!! Man, you are a 21st century smart person. Believing thing that is apparent enough how it was form and grow up to this stage.

Look at what you are quoing. Common!! Bronze age writings and ideas that have zero bearing with the reality you witness.
Nwannem, it boils me seeing smart people not only believing irrational things but are proud defending the indefensible, living in fantasy sort of life.

Look at
'The spirit speaketh expressly" a 21st century young smark guy talking about an imagery kind of daydream or hallucination.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

When you pray to God does he speak to you? Which request of yours does God respond to? I bet you, your life is no different from the life of another person that prays to another God or an atheist that prays to no God at all. There is nothing that you have or you will ever have that a person praying to another God doesn't have or a person that doesn't pray at all does not posses. Prayer has not been demonstrated to work any where. People believe that prayers work but in reality it doesn't. That is why there is no evidence to show that those who pray have things easier or better than those who do not pray at all.

1.I prayed to God to heal my badly swollen twisted ankle in my 200L and He did

2.Prayers were made to God about my nightmares when I was 10 or so . From that evening to the prayer was made till now , Ive never had those nightmares

3.For 4 yrs I did pray for God to give me the best room mates and He never failed me

4. I was once down with fever - JS3 or so - and my mum prayed for me and instantly the fever disappeared

5. When I was a baby I smashed my head against the metal gate of our old house . According to my mum , she saw my left eye or so was really red , the affected area was an obnoxious sight to behold . She like threw away her face in grief and turned seconds later to take a look at it again and the whole thing was gone . No red eye , no injuries , my face , my head were plain smooth . I cant remember her even saying she said a word of prayer .

Etc etc etc . I could go on all day . My life is a testimony

So you were saying that prayer does not ...

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2015
menesheh:

Common!!! Man, you are a 21st century smart person. Believing thing that is apparent enough how it was form and grow up to this stage.

Look at what you are quoing. Common!! Bronze age writings and ideas that have zero bearing with the reality you witness.
Nwannem, it boils me seeing smart people not only believing irrational things but are proud defending the indefensible, living in fantasy sort of life.

Look at
'The spirit speaketh expressly" a 21st century young smark guy talking about an imagery kind of daydream or hallucination.

Lol

Timothy is a historical figure who lived between the first and second century and his views were written in Hebrew . KJ who lived between the 15th and 16th century , I think , translated the bible and obviously the translations were written in the archaic English - used at that time.

In the 21st century , there are translations that present these writings in modern English .

By the way , Timothy portrayed theories , events - evolution , big bang , abiogenesis- that give one the impression that God does not exist as "seducing spirits " . These theories , events are able to subdue the mind of the weak - same way seduction subdues you against your will - and see the need to come to the conclusion that God does not exists

Plus holding a belief in God does not mean you should subject one's intelligence to derision .
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Ive not read a Koran or the other one , so I can't say . Ehya ... malvingsguy was a muslim and has possibly read the two books . You can ask him

You don't need to read the Koran, over a billion people have read it and have decleared and affirmed that it is the word of God. Who is malvisguy? Many pastors have read the Koran and became muslims.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

1.I prayed to God to heal my badly swollen twisted ankle in my 200L and He did

A twisted joint or ankle will eventually heal on it's own with or without treatment. It has been shown that some cancers go into remission on their own without any treatment. Your ankle just needed time to heal.

2.Prayers were made to God about my nightmares when I was 10 or so . From that evening to the prayer was made till now , Ive never had those nightmares

Nightmares come and go on their own without prayers. As a believer I used to have nightmares, but since I stopped believing in the supernatural I stopped experiencing any form of nightmare.

3.For 4 yrs I did pray for God to give me the best room mates and He never failed me

Some people have room mates that are better than yours and they don't even believe in God.

4. I was once down with fever - JS3 or so - and my mum prayed for me and instantly the fever disappeared

I smell exaggeration.

5. When I was a baby I smashed my head against the metal gate of our old house . According to my mum , she saw my left eye or so was really red , the affected area was an obnoxious sight to behold . She like threw away her face in grief and turned seconds later to take a look at it again and the whole thing was gone . No red eye , no injuries , my face , my head were plain smooth . I cant remember her even saying she said a word of prayer .

Etc etc etc . I could go on all day . My life is a testimony

Perhaps she didn't see it well.

So you were saying that prayer does not ...

Non of these mundane things suggest anything extra ordinary. Both people that believe in your God and those that don't all experience them.

2 Likes

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

A twisted joint or ankle will eventually heal on it's own with or without treatment. It has been shown that some cancers go into remission on their own without any treatment. You ankle just needed time to heal.

it needs six months to heal completely ... mine took 1 month and 2 weeks

A twisted ankle - please experience the pain and agony I faced before you yarn dust , thanks

Nightmares come and go on their own without prayers. As a believer I used to have nightmares, but since I stopped believing in the supernatural I stopped experiencing any form of nightmare.

You have no point here . The nightmare stopped that night . The prayers were made in the evening .
Some people have room mates that are better than yours and they don't even believe in God.

I got what I asked for . Please use your head , thanks

I smell exaggeration.

winner01 ... you need to see to this . I cant shout . This is clearly an insinuation that I am lying . My God ! SMH

This is a very very very very very foolish thing to say .
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2015
@ dalaman ... the body has a propensity to heal wounds/injuries/fractures . Nature decided on its own will to give it such ability? Am overwhelmed by the ignorance you've shown
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2015
@dalaman ... why will I lie or hold unto a false belief ? Just to make a nonexistent being happy ? I felt bad inside when you insinuated that I was lying .

The atheists are certainly not looking for the evidence to believe in God , they choose not to .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@dalaman ... why will I lie or hold unto a false belief ? Just to make a nonexistent being happy ? I felt bad inside when you insinuated that I was lying .

The atheists are certainly not looking for the evidence to believe in God , they choose not to .

Do you believe Hindus and muslims who claim that Allah and Brahma healed them after praying to them? Be sincere please.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
dalaman:

Do you believe Hindus and muslims who claim that Allah and Brahma healed them after praying to them? Be sincere please.

Yes . The same way I believe that some fake pastors / pagans use charms to perform miracles and practice mysticism
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@ dalaman ... the body has a propensity to heal wounds/injuries/fractures . Nature decided on its own will to give it such ability? Am overwhelmed by the ignorance you've shown

Your ignorance is God. You haven't demonstrated that any God exist talk more of healing anybody. I asked you to describe God to me in details so that when I encounter it I will know it is God and not some other phenomenon, you refused meaning your God remains in your imaginations. You claim God is alive and exist but you can not even describe it and show that it exist. Yet you still say that I am ignorant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA / Anja Loven Rescues Four Children Accused Of Witchcraft / Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.