Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598655 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
fphumie:
Good day house, please I urgently need help. I want à format of how to write Settlement plan. Please this is urgent

CC : Zandora, Jesustheway and other expert in thé forum

For which of the programmes do you need it? Example is that Manitoba has their own, and I think some other provinces. You can check CIC's website

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
Phemmie72:
Dear Seniors,

Happy Sunday to you all.

Please, I need your advice on the PNP I can or prepare to apply to with my under listed details:

1. Age: 43 years
2. ECA: Master's Degree
3. IELTS result: L - 5.5; R - 5.5; W - 6.5; S - 7.0
4. Work Experience: over 10 years in NOC 4163 (Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers and Consultants

My Spouse:

1. Age: 34
2. ECA: Diploma (3 years) and Postgraduate Certificate (1 year)
3. IELTS result: L - 6.0; R - 4.5; W - 6.0; S - 7.0
4. Work Experience: 7 years in NOC 1123 (Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations)

I await your advice.

Thanks.

I think you'll qualify for Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Programme. Their requirement in IELTS is not as high as that of other provinces. Check the link below and peruse it well, they should likely open by January 1st or 2nd and I tell you, it can close within minutes because lots of people will likely be applying same time and they would have uploaded all docs, they just seem to click 'Submit' as soon as the application opens so, I'll urge you to upload all docs before the date. Note that the amount they require to be in your bank statement has to have been there 3months prior to application, which invariably mean ending of September of beginning of October so, go and prepare that as well and upload it. Please ensure you check the application guide continously to ensure your occupation or that of wife will be among those they want people for, it's usually towards the last page of the application guide

http://economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp

Also, I think you and your spouse should rewrite the exam and try to score at least 6 in all segments, this will help you apply to other provinces that may be open as many should likely be open by January and also for Express Entry as some provincial programmes are tied to express entry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
I want to seek advise from seniors, my spouse has hep B, while our son nd myself r negative. We awaiting nominations. We just got to no early this year, my question is, we still av like 6months b4 PR, she's about to begin medication to reduce d viral load. When we want to do medical, will she say she's positive or will Hep B not be tested. I want us to start preparing ahead now, any suggestions pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
I tell you.
But they've been attending to december applicants...seems d speed has dropped.

I cant wait to hear good news from them.
bunni12:

Epic wait mehnn
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
ilesanmioo:
I want to seek advise from seniors, my spouse has hep B, while our son nd myself r negative. We awaiting nominations. We just got to no early this year, my question is, we still av like 6months b4 PR, she's about to begin medication to reduce d viral load. When we want to do medical, will she say she's positive or will Hep B not be tested. I want us to start preparing ahead now, any suggestions pls.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
ilesanmioo:

The tests they carry out are for :
Syphilis
HIV
Urinalysis to test the level of protein & glucose to detect diabetes
Blood pressure test for hypertension
Chest Xray for tuberculosis

Therefore the answer is that they don't test for hepatitis, however she should inform her doctor to avoid you both being banned for 5 years for misrepresentation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
Dear all,
I've a relative in Canada (blood brother), and I just observed that I'll have to provide proof of our relationship which I don't have. My question now is can I conveniently omit that information from my EE profile without running the risk of misrepresentation or what else can I use as proof of our relationship?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
Issydebo:
Dear all,
I've a relative in Canada (blood brother), and I just observed that I'll have to provide proof of our relationship which I don't have. My question now is can I conveniently omit that information from my EE profile without running the risk of misrepresentation or what else can I use as proof of our relationship?

You're not asked to provide evidence of proof of a relative in Canada unless you used it to claim 67 points to qualify for FSW. In that case you'll have to provide both your birth certificates, his PR card or Canadian passport or Canadian passport etc. I hope you realise that in order to claim the points he has 2 be a PR or citizen.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigoziri7: 12:21am On Oct 21, 2015
Thank you JesusDWay. I have done a self assessment and it says i qualify to apply but the issue is that processing is like 21months...nearly 2years - do you know if this is true? I have seen the visa fees too.

Meanwhile, does the embassy call banks to verify an applicants account balance - this is an argument i had with a colleague today. Told him they do not and he said the do. Please confirm ....Thank you again...

JesusDWay:

Quebec was supposed to open application on October 1st but it appears they are yet to start and so, it's a good one for you. One of those links should take you to where you can self-assess first to determine if you are eligible so, I say you start with that first and bear in mind that you will pay application fee of over 700dollars I think, and like 162 for each accompanying member.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 12:54am On Oct 21, 2015
chigoziri7:
Thank you JesusDWay. I have done a self assessment and it says i qualify to apply but the issue is that processing is like 21months...nearly 2years - do you know if this is true? I have seen the visa fees too.

Meanwhile, does the embassy call banks to verify an applicants account balance - this is an argument i had with a colleague today. Told him they do not and he said the do. Please confirm ....Thank you again...

Yes processing can take up to 2 years because Quebec does not use express entry.
They can call your bank to verify your account balance however under the law they can only verify the balance as at the date on the bank statement you provided. For example let's say you provide a bank statement with an ending balance of XX naira as at 21 Oct, they can only call your bank to verify if you indeed had that XX naira on 21 Oct.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 21, 2015
zandora:

The tests they carry out are for :
Syphilis
HIV
Urinalysis to test the level of protein & glucose to detect diabetes
Blood pressure test for hypertension
Chest Xray for tuberculosis

Therefore the answer is that they don't test for hepatitis, however she should inform her doctor to avoid you both being banned for 5 years for misrepresentation.
thank you zandora, we'll inform the doctor then, am just afraid dey will do further testing on all of us, and from what I read online dey reject hep B

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 6:19am On Oct 21, 2015
Thanks Zany
I didn't use it to qualify for FSW. However while completing my info per EE I was asked if either myself or spouse have relatives in Canada which I answered in the affirmative. Both our birth certificates don't have any info on our parents. So my question still remains, what else will suffice for proof of relationship. Thanks

zandora:

You're not asked to provide evidence of proof of a relative in Canada unless you used it to claim 67 points to qualify for FSW. In that case you'll have to provide both your birth certificates, his PR card or Canadian passport or Canadian passport etc. I hope you realise that in order to claim the points he has 2 be a PR or citizen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 6:27am On Oct 21, 2015
Per confirmation of balance, they CAN'T call the bank to ask for ur account balance (if the bank provides that info that's a breach of information confidentiality on their part). Rather what happens is that the statement u provided is forwarded to the bank to confirm the authenticity of the document. The bank then goes thru the doc to ensure that the info contained therein is correct (matches what they have on the system) and this is limited to the statement date as provided. And signs off, once that is done case close

zandora:

Yes processing can take up to 2 years because Quebec does not use express entry.
They can call your bank to verify your account balance however under the law they can only verify the balance as at the date on the bank statement you provided. For example let's say you provide a bank statement with an ending balance of XX naira as at 21 Oct, they can only call your bank to verify if you indeed had that XX naira on 21 Oct.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 6:33am On Oct 21, 2015
Issydebo:
Per confirmation of balance, they CAN'T call the bank to ask for ur account balance (if the bank provides that info that's a breach of information confidentiality on their part). Rather what happens is that the statement u provided is forwarded to the bank to confirm the authenticity of the document. The bank then goes thru the doc to ensure that the info contained therein is correct (matches what they have on the system) and this is limited to the statement date as provided. And signs off, once that is done case close

They are legally allowed to contact your bank to confirm your balance as at the date of the submitted statement. That's what the disclosure agreement you sign is for and therefore can't be a breach of anything. It's when they attempt to find out how much you have outside of the provided bank statement dates that it then constitutes a breach.

P.S - please check out these links on how immigration officers in general verify bank statements:

https://www.nairaland.com/329395/high-commisions-calling-banks-ask

https://www.nairaland.com/31250/british-embassy-account-information-survey

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 7:49am On Oct 21, 2015
Legally? No way but I note ur point (u can provide the relevant Act or Edit mandating such).
I work in the compliance unit of an international bank. Without showing a document the bank cannot release that information. The link u provided are personal views and uninformed too. I note that banks have gone about it the wrong way but that shouldn't make a wrong thing right.

At least I'm talking from a position of authority as I receive and sign off on such requests.
But again it's not about trying to prove a point but just saying what I know for a fact.
And if I may add, the general consensus per the referenced link is the confirmation of the authenticity of the statement provided which is correct. It's implied that once a Bank confirms the authenticity of the document they have invariably confirmed the balance.

zandora:

They are legally allowed to contact your bank to confirm your balance as at the date of the submitted statement. That's what the disclosure agreement you sign is for and therefore can't be a breach of anything. It's when they attempt to find out how much you have outside of the provided bank statement dates that it then constitutes a breach.

P.S - please check out these links on how immigration officers in general verify bank statements:

https://www.nairaland.com/329395/high-commisions-calling-banks-ask

https://www.nairaland.com/31250/british-embassy-account-information-survey

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:55am On Oct 21, 2015
ilesanmioo:

You have nothing to worry about. Let her proceed with her planned treatment to reduce the viral load to as low as possible. If possible, ensure you keep copies of the tests conducted as the viral load reduces over the 6 months period, as this would form part of your medical history on HEPB. During your CIC medical exam, she would definitely be asked if she has ever had Hepatitis. Her answer should of course be YES (truthfully). She should proceed to provide further information, which may include medical examination showing very low viral load. The medical examiner would take the information she provided into advice, but would still require her to take further hepatitis tests (A,B and C) to ascertained the veracity of the information provided.

Bottom line, as long as there is no case of substantial liver damage, I think you would clear your medical.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:03am On Oct 21, 2015
ilesanmioo:
thank you zandora, we'll inform the doctor then, am just afraid dey will do further testing on all of us, and from what I read online dey reject hep B

Further testing? YES

Rejection? NO, except they can prove that your spouse would be of immense burden on the Canadian Government or she would be of grave danger to Canadians. If her viral load is low and her liver is in any way impaired, you guys are good to go.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 21, 2015
Thank you guys. I really appreciate, we have reasonable time to work on the viral load. Thanks I really appreciate. Am grateful for getting to know this info early enough.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigoziri7: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thank you Issydebo and Zandora very much for the insight - I appreciate.

@IssyDebo - I also work in an International bank but in HR. that means the long and short of it all is that Embassies one way or another verify authenticity of bank statements which invariably is also a confirmation that i have xyz amount in my account, right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
That's correct. They do verify the authenticity and fact that the document was issued by the bank.

chigoziri7:
Thank you Issydebo and Zandora very much for the insight - I appreciate.

@IssyDebo - I also work in an International bank but in HR. that means the long and short of it all is that Embassies one way or another verify authenticity of bank statements which invariably is also a confirmation that i have xyz amount in my account, right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluwaethan: 4:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good afternoon to you all.

So you guys will not mind me.

If there is anyone in Canada, I need the cost of Lab for CD4 count and Viral load please.

I am building a case for the fairness letter I anticipate I will receive. The only missing bit is the cost of the labs.

The treatment in Ontario will cost about CAD 2700 based on the regimen my wife is on. And at a threshold of $6,387 per year per person, my wife cannot be excessive demand.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MostBlessed: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
Greetings to all ancestors in the house,@ Jesusdway, Solomonwis, Zandora.......

I need your advice urgently on the next action to take.
I just retook the IELTS test in Nigeria on OCt 8th.

My results are:

Listening: 8
Reading: 7
Writing: 7
Speaking: 6.5

I want to challenge my speaking test result as I am fully confident I put in a good performance on the speaking test.

Kindly advice If this is worth taking a chance on....
cos 40,000 naira nor be play at all+ study time is also valuable and rarely available.......!!

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
SlowlybtSurely:
Our (hubby and i) status on WES page is showing "Waiting for verification from institution", but our transcripts have not been dispatched to WES by the institutions. The only document WES has received from us is our certificates. Is it possible they are going ahead with the evaluation with just certificates and without our transcripts?

Any info on this please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Berylpharm(m): 10:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
nice threads...pls I want to knw whether does federal skilled work program is base on direct employment for someone who might av undergone all d long processes..... or such immigrants will still av to apply for relevant job vacancies to secure ?? .....pls don't downrate d question
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 12:05am On Oct 22, 2015
MostBlessed:
Greetings to all ancestors in the house,@ Jesusdway, Solomonwis, Zandora.......

I need your advice urgently on the next action to take.
I just retook the IELTS test in Nigeria on OCt 8th.

My results are:

Listening: 8
Reading: 7
Writing: 7
Speaking: 6.5

I want to challenge my speaking test result as I am fully confident I put in a good performance on the speaking test.
D
Kindly advice If this is worth taking a chance on....
cos 40,000 naira nor be play at all+ study time is also valuable and rarely available.......!!

Thanks!

If you're really sure of your performance in Speaking then I'll say you should apply for revaluation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 12:12am On Oct 22, 2015
SlowlybtSurely:

Any info on this please?

They're still waiting for your transcripts. They update the status as soon as they receive any document or correspondence, therefore when they received your degree certificate they updated your status to awaiting verification but that doesn't mean they aren't still waiting for your transcripts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 12:19am On Oct 22, 2015
Berylpharm:
nice threads...pls I want to knw whether does
federal skilled work program is base on direct
employment for someone who might av undergone all d
long processes..... or such immigrants will still av to
apply for relevant job vacancies to secure
?? .....pls don't downrate d question

Based on what I can understand from your question you need a minimum of 1 year skilled work experience to apply under FSW. Furthermore if you're successful in obtaining the permanent residency you'll still need to apply for jobs when you get to Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MostBlessed: 5:30am On Oct 22, 2015
Thanks a lot Zandora.... I'll be applying for a revaluation as soon as I get into town .
zandora:

If you're really sure of your performance in Speaking then I'll say you should apply for revaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by livepluslife: 5:36am On Oct 22, 2015
Hello friends, Jesus the way and other seniors.
I got all document ready for the old process before express entry discouraged me. Chatted with kollins recently and was encouraged to try pnp. Pls which ones will be available soon and their links. Anyone with updates on pnp shld pls help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by livepluslife: 5:39am On Oct 22, 2015
10 proposed Liberal reforms to Canada immigration system

Double the number of immigration applications allowed for parents and grand-parents sponsorship from 5,000 to 10,000 visas per year.

Double the budget for processing family class immigration applications to reduce wait times

Increase points allocation to applicants who have siblings in Canada on their Express Entry application

Lift the visa requirement for Mexican travel to Canada.

Eliminate the $1000 Labour Market Impact Assessment fee for families seeking caregivers to care for family members with physical or mental disabilities.

Restoring free access to healthcare for refugee/asylum seekers pending a decision on their case by the government.

They have pledged to make it easier for international students to achieve Canadian Citizenship. The exact details are not specified, but they have stated they will do this by making adjustments to the Canadian Experience Class program that will ‘remove barriers’ to international students.

Restore the Canadian Citizenship residency time credit for international students in Canada.

Bypass the two year wait period for “conditional permanent residence” for spouses of sponsored individuals.
Restore the maximum age for dependents from 19 to 22, making it easier for immigrants to bring their older children to Canada.

Source : www.canadim.com/justin-trudeau-canadian-immigration/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MostBlessed: 7:38am On Oct 22, 2015
Greeting to all elders and forum members,

Please I am interested in applying for a re-evaluation of my IELTS speaking test but I am not sure of the best way to go about it.
The website says go to the test center and request for an enquiry on results form
but my test was done in CONSTANTIAL HOTEL IN BENIN-CITY which is a center rented by IELTS on test days.
How do I apply for the Enquiry on result form in Benin-city or do I have to travel to Lagos or Abuja?

Any guide/ advice from any member of the forum is highly welcomed

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluwaethan: 8:30am On Oct 22, 2015
zandora:

Hi,

The most important thing is that you treat it using Canadian standards. So I will suggest that you use one of the CIC approved hospitals because eventually u will have your medicals done at one of these designated hospitals anyway. Plus, they would have your medical history of the treatment and that will make things easy and straight forward.

My 2 cents.

Good morning

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.