Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2602685 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Berylpharm(m): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2015
zandora:

Based on what I can understand from your question you need a minimum of 1 year skilled work experience to apply under FSW. Furthermore if you're successful in obtaining the permanent residency you'll still need to apply for jobs when you get to Canada.
thanks Bro I really appreciate ur comment....though I'm fresh graduate looking for job
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:21am On Oct 22, 2015
livepluslife:
10 proposed Liberal reforms to Canada immigration system

Double the number of immigration applications allowed for parents and grand-parents sponsorship from 5,000 to 10,000 visas per year.

Double the budget for processing family class immigration applications to reduce wait times

Increase points allocation to applicants who have siblings in Canada on their Express Entry application

Lift the visa requirement for Mexican travel to Canada.

Eliminate the $1000 Labour Market Impact Assessment fee for families seeking caregivers to care for family members with physical or mental disabilities.

Restoring free access to healthcare for refugee/asylum seekers pending a decision on their case by the government.

They have pledged to make it easier for international students to achieve Canadian Citizenship. The exact details are not specified, but they have stated they will do this by making adjustments to the Canadian Experience Class program that will ‘remove barriers’ to international students.

Restore the Canadian Citizenship residency time credit for international students in Canada.

Bypass the two year wait period for “conditional permanent residence” for spouses of sponsored individuals.
Restore the maximum age for dependents from 19 to 22, making it easier for immigrants to bring their older children to Canada.

Source : www.canadim.com/justin-trudeau-canadian-immigration/

I wonder why they want to give those with siblings in Canada more points in the Express Entry, it just doesn't show fairness at all, that's what Manitoba is doing presently which gives a 150point disparity between those whose connection is friends and those with family. This is one reason why one should do what he/she has to do on time as you just never know what changes they will bring to these programmes.

As touching PNPs, Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia are likely going to open in January, Saskatchewan particularly likely by 1st or 2nd January and it fills out fast. Logic is to go to the site, fill everything down now and upload docs so when it opens, you just click submit. Note that they require their pof to have been in your account 3months prior to application so, you may wanna start work on it right away. I've posted the link to it on at the beginning of page 13. As touching Nova Scotia, you can google their immigration programmes, don't really have time now to get it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JUBILEE2000: 11:28am On Oct 22, 2015
zandora:
Hello all,

I've created this thread for Canadian Express Entry and outstanding FSW 2014 applicants since the previous thread became too long and has now been closed. I've also pasted a PDF link below which details the step by step instructions to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program via Express Entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gWGgP8Vy5lSjFoaC01ZUtOaTg/view

In order to apply for Express Entry via FSW you need to first have a minimum of 1 year full time (30 hrs a week) or 2 years part time (15 hrs a week) skilled work experience which falls under NOC code A,B or O. Check for your NOC code below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Next take your IELTS General test.

Then evaluate your degree or credentials via WES Canada (the best option). See link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

After doing the above, to find out if you've qualified you need to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the FSW grid. Calculate your score below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Now that you've qualified, you can go ahead and complete your Express Entry profile via the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Other things you must have:

Reference letters to verify the work experience you're claiming points for in the specified format below:

Written on company letterhead.

Signed by the responsible officers/supervisor.

Have the printed name and job title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature.

Show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses

Stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

The letter must include 5 things:

Your job title.

The dates of your employment (ideal format: DD/MM/YYYYY).

Your salary per year (or month).

Your average hours per week.

A detailed list of your employment duties.

Next you need to provide police certificates from all the countries you've resided in for 6 months and above since you were 18 years. See link on how to obtain PC from various countries below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

Then you need to provide proof of funds for you and/or your family:

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

Note: Birth certificates are no longer required for applicants but are only now required for your child/children.

Wishing you the best of luck smiley!

Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

Dear Zandora,

First of all a big congratulations on your success. I must confess the job you and other good people are doing on this forum free of charge is what many pay hundreds of thousands to get through agents and consultants. May God continue to bless you.

Please I just sent you a pm. I have gone through every comment on this forum and I have some concerns concerning the Express entry programme for my wife and children that I would want to send to you via mail if you don't mind. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigoziri7: 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
My good people,
Good evening.I want to ask - for express entry, instaed of writing IELTS, can i write the French test? According to the below link, i understand its eaither a test in English or French. Please is this correct and please has any one done that?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

@Zandora, @JesusDway @Issydebo and other gurus, Please help .

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
chigoziri7:
My good people,
Good evening.I want to ask - for express entry, instaed of writing IELTS, can i write the French test? According to the below link, i understand its eaither a test in English or French. Please is this correct and please has any one done that?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

@Zandora, @JesusDway @Issydebo and other gurus, Please help .

Thank you

I will suggest you write the two. I think there's an opportunity for you to get New Brunswick's PNP as a French speaker though, you must also be in the EE pool. You need to do fast though because the PNP is for the year which is almost running out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigoziri7: 1:27am On Oct 23, 2015
Thank you JesusDway. As you suggested, i will consider writing the 2 tests, but can my husband write IELTS while i write TEF as the principal applicant. Also, I am not sure i will meet up with this year's application.my aim is to do the test in January and then apply by early february 2016. I hope that is ok, What do you think please??

JesusDWay:

I will suggest you write the two. I think there's an opportunity for you to get New Brunswick's PNP as a French speaker though, you must also be in the EE pool. You need to do fast though because the PNP is for the year which is almost running out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Edgeoftomorrow(m): 7:16am On Oct 23, 2015
Anyone read this yet ?

"Express Entry The Express Entry immigration selection system, which came into operation on January 1, 2015, was the key change in economic immigration made by the previous government. It moved Canada from a supply-driven (or first-come first-served) economic immigration model to a demand-driven (or ‘Expression of Interest’) system, with a strong focus on employment in Canada and the involvement of the private sector. Rather than doing away with Express Entry, the Liberals have pledged to conduct a review of the system. The Liberal Party platform proposes that candidates with siblings in Canada should be granted additional points under the Express Entry system. Under the Liberals, elements of family reunification may seep into economic immigration policy". - See more at: http://www.cicnews.com/2015/10/canadian-immigration-liberals-win-election-106361.html#sthash.AHfcnzdn.dpuf

“For individuals who are currently eligible for an economic immigration program, I would strongly encourage pursuing permanent residence as soon as possible. The Liberals have stated that they are looking to make changes to the Express Entry system, but those changes have not yet been defined. While some candidates’ points may increase as a result of any changes, others may see a decrease or stagnation, reducing the competitiveness of their profile. Indeed, eligibility requirements to even enter the pool could be changed if the federal economic programs are changed. Therefore, it is now hugely important for individuals who are eligible to enter the pool to do so before the new government can draft new regulations and implement them.” - See more at: http://www.cicnews.com/2015/10/canadian-immigration-liberals-win-election-106361.html#sthash.AHfcnzdn.dpuf
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gbemigalew: 8:18am On Oct 23, 2015
Good morning good people, please I have the intention of applying for the SINP program but I don't have my enough pof yet, although I should be able to get it before the end of next week, can I still risk it and apply by January 1st or that's instant disqualification? Because I heard it might close as early as 2nd of Jan. Thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 8:34am On Oct 23, 2015
Thanks a lot for your advice.

I am already working on uploading all the documents. I have another questions, can our 3 months bank statement starts from 31st September to 30th December? Can we present more than one account (that is 2 from me - personal and corporate) to support my wife application? I plan to use her as PA because of the age difference between us.

Remain blessed

JesusDWay:

I think you'll qualify for Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Programme. Their requirement in IELTS is not as high as that of other provinces. Check the link below and peruse it well, they should likely open by January 1st or 2nd and I tell you, it can close within minutes because lots of people will likely be applying same time and they would have uploaded all docs, they just seem to click 'Submit' as soon as the application opens so, I'll urge you to upload all docs before the date. Note that the amount they require to be in your bank statement has to have been there 3months prior to application, which invariably mean ending of September of beginning of October so, go and prepare that as well and upload it. Please ensure you check the application guide continously to ensure your occupation or that of wife will be among those they want people for, it's usually towards the last page of the application guide

http://economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp

Also, I think you and your spouse should rewrite the exam and try to score at least 6 in all segments, this will help you apply to other provinces that may be open as many should likely be open by January and also for Express Entry as some provincial programmes are tied to express entry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sharonb: 9:00am On Oct 23, 2015
@JesusDWay ,Zandora and otherr seniors , please I would like to know which province could applicants in the pool with NOC 1212 apply for ? Is PNP NOC dependent for successful application ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kevinoh: 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
Helo my dear people,

Please I would love to know if it is mandatory I go with my original international passport for processing a police report in Lagos or I could use a photocopy in place as my passport is currently at an embassy. I don't reside in Lagos and I intend being in Lagos by next week wednesday. I just thought I could seize this opportunity to get the police report while in Lagos.

Again, I would love to know the recent validity of a nigerian police clearance report for the express entry program. Is it 3 months or 6 months? How much does it now cost?

Thanks in anticipation for your kind responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gbemigalew: 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
Gbemigalew:
Good morning good people, please I have the intention of applying for the SINP program but I don't have my enough pof yet, although I should be able to get it before the end of next week, can I still risk it and apply by January 1st or that's instant disqualification? Because I heard it might close as early as 2nd of Jan. Thanks for the anticipated response.
Hi ppl please I need a reply asap, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
19th draw announced @ 489
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
Issydebo:
19th draw announced @ 489

Typical draw packed with applicants that have PNP nomination and LMIA. I think the Canadian immigration system is skewed so much in favor of inland applicants and it's about to get worse with the Liberals in power.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaintoy(f): 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
irondome:

Typical draw packed with applicants that have PNP nomination and LMIA. I think the Canadian immigration system is skewed so much in favor of inland applicants and it's about to get worse with the Liberals in power.
I still go make am.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
Kevinoh:
Helo my dear people,

Please I would love to know if it is mandatory I go with my original international passport for processing a police report in Lagos or I could use a photocopy in place as my passport is currently at an embassy. I don't reside in Lagos and I intend being in Lagos by next week wednesday. I just thought I could seize this opportunity to get the police report while in Lagos.

Again, I would love to know the recent validity of a nigerian police clearance report for the express entry program. Is it 3 months or 6 months? How much does it now cost?

Thanks in anticipation for your kind responses.

I don't think it's mandatory because I used a copy of the biodata page of my passport to obtain mine. The validity of PCC's are not relevant because CIC has set it's own validity expiry. For the country you no longer reside in the PCC is valid provided it was issued after the last time you lived in that country for 6 months or more. So if you no longer live in Nigeria and are just visiting to obtain the PCC then it would be valid. I'm not sure of how much it now costs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
sharonb:
@JesusDWay ,Zandora and otherr seniors , please I would like to know which province could applicants in the pool with NOC 1212 apply for ? Is PNP NOC dependent for successful application ?

You can tick any, some or all the provinces when filling your EE profile.

Regarding which province is best for your NOC, I guess you should google.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
Phemmie72:
Thanks a lot for your advice.

I am already working on uploading all the documents. I have another questions, can our 3 months bank statement starts from 31st September to 30th December? Can we present more than one account (that is 2 from me - personal and corporate) to support my wife application? I plan to use her as PA because of the age difference between us.

Remain blessed

You cannot present a corporate account, the statement has to either be in your name or your spouse's. I'll suggest you move money from your corporate to your personal and that present that and, yes, it can start 31st September.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
irondome:

Yep, I said this earlier. Best to just be on the look out for PNP.. Fastest fingers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
Gbemigalew:

The pof thing for SINP can be somehow, cuz of the 3months requirement however, I'll say if you can trace the transaction to a recent history that has the required amount, let it reflect in the statement before it then shows the period when you stopped touching it which will be next week. You may print it almost at the end of December to use for the application.

The last one took like 30mins I think, to fill up so, don't think it can get to Jan 2.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
chigoziri7:
Thank you JesusDway. As you suggested, i will consider writing the 2 tests, but can my husband write IELTS while i write TEF as the principal applicant. Also, I am not sure i will meet up with this year's application.my aim is to do the test in January and then apply by early february 2016. I hope that is ok, What do you think please??

I suggested you write the two, not sharing it between you and hubby. If funds are the constraints, I'll advice you borrow now to do the exam and you can the person later.

I suggest you write and have your results before January 1st cuz, you may miss the opportunities in January if you wait till February
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:07am On Oct 24, 2015
mozo:

Yep, I said this earlier. Best to just be on the look out for PNP.. Fastest fingers

It's not PNPs and not LMIA, it's that new people with good scores are entering the pool weekly. Also, previously declined ITAs and canceled applications that now re-entered the pool.

PNPs and LMIAs give 600points, which is even higher than the current CRS cut -off score so, it can't be them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fphumie(f): 1:46am On Oct 24, 2015
Thank you for your response Jesusdway, the province is Nova Scotia.
Is there any one that has successfully applied for PNP in Nova Scotia in the house ? Was it positiveWhat is the time lag after applying ? Can it take up to one year ? Want to try to apply to the province
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 2:12am On Oct 24, 2015
JesusDWay:

It's not PNPs and not LMIA, it's that new people with good scores are entering the pool weekly. Also, previously declined ITAs and canceled applications that now re-entered the pool.

PNPs and LMIAs give 600points, which is even higher than the current CRS cut -off score so, it can't be them

But JesusDWay, for anyone who neither studied nor worked in Canada, it is practically impossible for such a person to qualify for the recent draw except the fellow is less than 32 and has a phD. In my opinion, for some of us in this part of the world who do not have any of the above, 481 is the maximum points we can get without a phD. So, we would have to turn to PNP or Jobs with LMIA.

I am at 417 at the moment and intend to write the IELTS exam by December; but, if the CRS remains this high in the next couple of draws, It will be needless to rewrite the test again as ONLY PNP or Job with LMIA would do the magic.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:30am On Oct 24, 2015
fphumie:
Thank you for your response Jesusdway, the province is Nova Scotia.
Is there any one that has successfully applied for PNP in Nova Scotia in the house ? Was it positiveWhat is the time lag after applying ? Can it take up to one year ? Want to try to apply to the province

See someone's timeline for Nova Scotia(EE PNP tho) below:

Joel 2:28} And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

The Canadian immigration VISION project that started sometimes ago has finally ended in Jehovah's praise:

NOVA SCOTIA APPLICATION:
- EE Profile created: January 30, 2015
- NOVA Scotia EE Application received January 12, 2015
- NSNP AOR (Completeness Check) March 13, 2015
- NSNP Nomination: May 05, 2015
- ITA: May 22, 2015
- Medical done: May 27, 2015
- EE Application Submitted: May 31, 2015
- AOR: June 2, 2015
- Medical Passed: June 3, 2015
- Document Request (schedule A) - on 04.06.2015
- Application cancelled on 9th June, 2015 (lack of PCC on correspondence Education of spouse outside Nigeria)
- CSE sent on 10th June, 2015- obtained generic response
- Processing fees returned on 26.06.2015
- EE profile reopened on 04-08-2015 (55 days after closure)
- Processing fees repaid on 12.08.2015
- Payment receipt attached to my profile on 15.08.2015
- Document Request (statutory question) - on 18.08.2015
- Document Request (PCC for Spouse-previously submitted) - on 27.08.2015
- Ghost update on ECAS without any update on myCIC and email - on 04.09.2015
- Sent mail to AVO on 14.09.2015
- Response from AVO on 22.09.2015- requested for updated IMM5669 & IMM5562
- Sent both soft and hard copies on 23.09.2015
- PPR 05.10.2015
- ECAS changed to decision made on 15.10.2015
- Pick up mail 19-10-2015
- Passport and COPR received 23.10.2015 (FedEx to Ghana N11,300.00 and DHL back to Naija N20,085.00)

I'll say be very ready for January if you are interested. Infact, I think one should have everything ready including post-dating whatever form is inclusive in the application package to 1st January and use courier(Fedex takes 3days which I think would be perfect) to send it like December 31st, such that it can get to them by January 3rd before Asians fill out all spaces.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:35am On Oct 24, 2015
Etfash:

But JesusDWay, for anyone who neither studied nor worked in Canada, it is practically impossible for such a person to qualify for the recent draw except the fellow is less than 32 and has a phD. In my opinion, for some of us in this part of the world who do not have any of the above, 481 is the maximum points we can get without a phD. So, we would have to turn to PNP or Jobs with LMIA.

I am at 417 at the moment and intend to write the IELTS exam by December; but, if the CRS remains this high in the next couple of draws, It will be needless to rewrite the test again as ONLY PNP or Job with LMIA would do the magic.

Well....be optimistic, God can very well make things to work in our favour.

Someone did say her brother or maybe it's her brother-in-law scored 500(which should be with a PHD) and still got OINP contacting him to apply for their nomination, I told her there was no need as 500 should definitely get ITA, that's to tell you there are people who are still high up there though, it appears this particular draw may be for the CEC Class.

One should however be on the lookout for PNPs....it shall be well in Jesus name
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:00am On Oct 24, 2015
JesusDWay:

It's not PNPs and not LMIA, it'st that new people with good scores are entering the pool weekly. Also, previously declined ITAs and canceled applications that now re-entered the pool.

I beg to disagree bro. 489 is the minimum CRS and does not represent an average. For the minimum score to have been that high implies that the bulk of the drawn applicants actually scored above 600, as the number of applicants between the 489 to 600 band would be expectedly few.
Furthermore, looking closer at the very privileged few that would score above 489; it's very difficult for an out band applicant to hit this score (489), invariably most applicants that get that high are either in the CEC (with Canadian masters + 2/3years of Canadian work experience) or inland FSWP (with similar profile). The maximum obtainable CRS score for an out band applicant is approx. 520 (putting into consideration maximum points for IELTS, Education, age, etc) and such candidates are quite rare. Suffice to conclude that the bulk of applicants that made up the last draw are : mostly PNPs, LMIA, CEC or Inland FSWP.

All these point to one stalk reality; express entry is oddly skewed to favor inland applicants. They get additional points for local experience, zero POF requirement, preferred by provinces on nominations, priority processing even after ITA, etc. What actually irk me is the fact that these category of people still whine and complain on various immigration forums that the system does not favor them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:14am On Oct 24, 2015
irondome:

I beg to disagree bro. 489 is the minimum CRS and does not represent an average. For the minimum score to have been that high implies that the bulk of the drawn applicants actually scored above 600, as the number of applicants between the 489 to 600 band would be expectedly few.
Furthermore, looking closer at the very privileged few that would score above 489; it's very difficult for an out band applicant to hit this score (489), invariably most applicants that get that high are either in the CEC (with Canadian masters + 2/3years of Canadian work experience) or inland FSWP (with similar profile). The maximum obtainable CRS score for an out band applicant is approx. 520 (putting into consideration maximum points for IELTS, Education, age, etc) and such candidates are quite rare. Suffice to conclude that the bulk of applicants that made up the last draw are : mostly PNPs, LMIA, CEC or Inland FSWP.

All these point to one stalk reality; express entry is oddly skewed to favor inland applicants. They get additional points for local experience, zero POF requirement, preferred by provinces on nominations, priority processing even after ITA, etc. What actually irk me is the fact that these category of people still whine and complain on various immigration forums that the system does not favor them.

For the record, this is not to discourage prospecting out band FSWP/FSWC applicants. It's actually not so difficult to poll > 450 CRS good IELTS score, good degree and if you are below 32. It gets lot easier if you are married and both couples are degree holders with fairly good English skill.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 24, 2015
irondome:

The liberals immigration policies have always been known to favour family reunification and humanitarian/refugees. Applicant should also expect an increase in processing time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 6:48am On Oct 24, 2015
saxywale:

The liberals immigration policies have always been known to favour family reunification and humanitarian/refugees. Applicant should also expect an increase in processing time.

Quite speculative. In my own opinion, the liberals made a lot of politically commitments they would struggle to keep. For instance, I don't see how they will process 20,000 applications for refugees in less than 2 months without compromising their usual routine security check, which may prove disastrous in the foreseeable future. The silver lining in all these bogus commitments --is that they intend to hire more agents and increase funding to reduce the processing time for family reunion. Hopefully, that may not directly impact the processing time for economic migrants.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2015
Thanks for your response.

JesusDWay:

You cannot present a corporate account, the statement has to either be in your name or your spouse's. I'll suggest you move money from your corporate to your personal and that present that and, yes, it can start 31st September.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 24, 2015
irondome:

Quite speculative. In my own opinion, the liberals made a lot of politically commitments they would struggle to keep. For instance, I don't see how they will process 20,000 applications for refugees in less than 2 months without compromising their usual routine security check, which may prove disastrous in the foreseeable future. The silver lining in all these bogus commitments --is that they intend to hire more agents and increase funding to reduce the processing time for family reunion. Hopefully, that may not directly impact the processing time for economic migrants.
Well, fingers crossed. I was one of those that got PR during the years the conservatives were trying hard to clear the backlogs created by the liberals. When the conservatives took over the government, backlog was already 7-10 years+ for skilled workers. Those that had families in Canada and graduates of Canadian institutions usually applied through pnp and were always given priority(fast processing of less than 2 years). The conservatives did a good job by bringing skilled workers application processing time down to around 6 months.

I hope the liberals have changed their ways though and improve on the immigration policies of the conservatives not revamping it entirely.. Let's hope for the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.