Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598857 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
5Kay:

i just tried with my GTB debit card and it went through...Thanks much. i appreciate.

I'm glad it worked. You are welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Feygbe:
Hello everyone,

Please I need help with the following questions.
1. In the address history, must I list all places lived in, including places travelled to for short periods?

2. In the ID document, do I list my old and new passport?

3. Under education, I have two degrees, a BSc and MD. I only have ECA for the BSc. Do I list both qualifications in education? Or I list only the BSc and then mention the MD in personal history?

Thank you.

@40manlappy @ehrnie please help me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ehix89(m): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
5Kay:

i just tried with my GTB debit card and it went through...Thanks much. i appreciate.
was it a naira dominated mastercard you used and how much did it cost?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by calfy: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
Kemulch:
If someone cannot provide contract letter and first pay slip, will the letter from place of work be enough evidence for proof of work experience for ONP? Asking for someone who has got ONP NOI? Pls what documents does the person need to submit in other to be nominated by Ontario?
In my opinion, you need to provide your work contract (AKA employment letter), pay slips for the first and last month along with the work reference.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fabdee: 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
Yes London visa office. Whewww a bit relieved. Off to grab a glass and peanuts. Would be back when PPR falls on me ���
Triv:

You're not alone o! I'm February too, I'm beyond frustrated! Check my cic account once a week now. Let me guess,London visa office too?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
EE profile created - 391
NOC - Medical Laboratory Technologist

I will just be looking forward to receiving Provincial Nomination.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hiscules: 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hello good people, please I have a few questions, in trying to prove work experience, what does one need to provide to CIC,is the reference letter from employer suffice? Or do i still need to provide payslips and bank statements for the period apart from the statement of pof as requested by cic?

For instance, I worked at xyz company for 1year before moving to another coy, will only their reference letter be okay, or will I need to show bank statement for the period I worked for them.

Am trying to avoid a scenario where I have claimed 2 years but cannot provide evidence of being paid for one year out of the 2years am claiming.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by calfy: 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mire222:
I am a silent reader of this thread and I have benefited immensely from the contributions here which is why I am motivated to give back especially because my case is peculiar so I hope it will encourage or help someone. please before I begin, I would like to encourage people to read the thread from beginning before coming to ask questions that have been flogged and over flogged on the thread. It makes the thread unnecessarily long which in turn discourages people who would have actually put in effort to start from the beginning and there are little important inputs within that would help someone which could be missed if one does not read through.

My degree is in law but my NOC is in management ." Iphie's "posts led me to use IQAS for my evaluation instead of the popular WES because an LLB is awarded more marks as professional degree which going through WES doesn't give. This boosted my CRS. I evaluated only my degree certificate. You do not need to evaluate law school Certificate.I don't have an LLM. my CRS score was 407 so I had to apply through Ontario. I received NOI in April, applied may 20th and got nominated June 26th with 600points which boosted my score to 1007. I don't have reference letter (which is a very important document in the express entry process) because the company I worked for was shut down. so in place of reference letter, I provided a letter (in form of a reference letter) written(typed actually) by me and notarized by a notary public stating everything that is required to be written in a reference letter. regarding the format of the letter, I started the letter in the form of an affidavit (I, Dolly Parton, hereby declare that...) and not like a proper formal letter with addresses. Also, I attached all my contract/employment letters which had my salary,job roles and position stated, income tax certificate,6 pay stubs and my first and last bank statements showing salary deposits . Before applying for OINP(ontario Immigration nominee program) please ensure that you request your duplicate ECA to be sent to OINP from whatever evaluation company you used. This will reduce any delay in processing your application. The process of requesting for duplicate ECA from IQAS got irritating cos they requested I send hard copies of my request form which cost me more because I used EMS express whom also did not deliver my documents on time(supposed to be 5 days but took up to 2-3weeks). I was fortunate to get a reply from a better informed IQAS representative before EMS was able to deliver my duplicate request form to IQAS, that advised that I could send the requested application copies by fax which was received immediately .why I said "better informed " is because prior to sending my documents through EMS, another representative had responded to my enquiry that IQAS doesn't receive faxed documents .About the fax, I used a free fax service I found online gotfreefax.com. I was able to fax the documents for free to IQAS .There are other online fax services you can use to send fax. All you have to do is scan your documents and send it through their fax link and it gets delivered to the fax machine. There are usually instructions on the websites/apps about how to get it done. (I love how much the internet has made life easier) . Lateness in requesting your duplicate to be sent to OINP can delay your application. Recently, some applications have been processed within a week. I got ITA after the nomination last week .I think I have said all that needs to be said. More information on OINP human capital stream can be found on http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide.396543/page-315

After receiving nomination, OINP Will deliver the nomination certificate to you through express mail. mine arrived after 7 days of nomination . When filling my ITA online, I noticed there was no place for uploading the nomination certificate but had read somewhere that CIC usually requests for it. so what I did (which I read somewhere that others also do) was to upload the nomination certificate together with the LOE .my LOE also explained the reason why I don't have a reference letter and that my POF (treasury bill) is from my husband because the treasury bill statements are in his name. He also wrote a letter stating that he's giving me access to the funds which we uploaded to the POF section.

OINP is definitely expensive and cumbersome to apply for because they request for more documents than CIC did ,but it can be done. Yes, I did it on my own without an agent .I understand that this application process can seem too much for some to manage themselves but I believe with patience and research, it can be done. Hope my post helps someone. Once again ,I appreciate the people who contribute to this thread. God bless you abundantly.

Thanks for your post. I wish I had the information on IQAS and law degree from Nigeria, I would have used my wife as the principal applicant, since she has a law degree and is much younger too (did her ECA with WES). Anyways, I got NOI from ONTARIO and my application is at Decision in Progress since 20th of July and my question is - How long does it take from Decision in Progress to Approval?
Thanks for your feedback.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
calfy:

Thanks for your post. I wish I had the information on IQAS and law degree from Nigeria, I would have used my wife as the principal applicant, since she has a law degree and is much younger too (did her ECA with WES). Anyways, I got NOI from ONTARIO and my application is at Decision in Progress since 20th of July and my question is - How long does it take from Decision in Progress to Approval?
Thanks for your feedback.

Does it say (a)"your application is in progress" or (b)"We are processing your background check"?

If it's (a) which is IP1 maybe a month for PPR
If it's (b) which is IP2 between 1day - 2 weeks for PPR

Getting ur application approved after PPR is like 1-4 weeks

The time frame varies from application to application.its all speculations. Just keep praying for favourable result. Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamatwiny(f): 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Please, can we have double applications on the pool? Application 1. Hubby primary applicant.
Application 2- myself as the primary applicant?

Which ever application receives ita or PNP, we go with it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
mamatwiny:
Please, can we have double applications on the pool? Application 1. Hubby primary applicant.
Application 2- myself as the primary applicant?

Which ever application receives ita or PNP, we go with it.

Sure, carry go
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superdoll: 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
40manlappy:

I think the bolded is a case of mistaken identity. Can't recall posting that cheesy

Anyway, I did part-time MBA too and I don't think it affected the calculation of my work experience in any way. Yet to come across that issue in respect of Canadian immigration. Maybe for Australian skill assessment....

So sorry @40manlappy �. It was actually @elfmann. Mine were both full time (MBA and work). Though still hanging in for ECA and Ielts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hiscules: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
hiscules:
Hello good people, please I have a few questions, in trying to prove work experience, what does one need to provide to CIC,is the reference letter from employer suffice? Or do i still need to provide payslips and bank statements for the period apart from the statement of pof as requested by cic?

For instance, I worked at xyz company for 1year before moving to another coy, will only their reference letter be okay, or will I need to show bank statement for the period I worked for them.

Am trying to avoid a scenario where I have claimed 2 years but cannot provide evidence of being paid for one year out of the 2years am claiming.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Does it say (a)"your application is in progress" or (b)"We are processing your background check"?

The time frame varies from application to application.its all speculations. Just keep praying for favourable result. Cheers!
I really don't think the wording really applies. In my case for example I got d we are processing.... But it was IP1. Some other people only see it as dat for IP2. CIC uses both phrases interchangeably so it's left for one to monitor his application to spot the changes as only den will u know whether u r in IP1 or IP2.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheWatcher212: 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fusion23:

if you can please add the IM008 or a letter saying your family composition has not changed.
I did not add it to mine , and was worried so i submitted it through the web form.

the issue is just following instructions to be on the safe side , they said failure to do so might delay the visa process.

Its possible that its not mandatory thou.

You are very right on this. Thank you for the heads up. Cheers.
Have you sent in your passport? How long did it take to come back?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
Can someone send me the link to view the occupation in demand in Ontario please?.

I want to check if mine is there?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eddycross(m): 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
Click here: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Scroll down to the date "July 4, 2017".

jelmusboy:
Can someone send me the link to view the occupation in demand in Ontario please?.

I want to check if mine is there?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
[quote author=hiscules post=58732496][/quote]

What cic
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
hiscules:

What CIC requires is reference letters from the companies u claim to have worked at (the ones u claimed points for) not bank statements showing salaries paid.

So u r good to go
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

I think he is talking about awaiting approval for Ontario nomination, not e-APR.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
superdoll:

So sorry @40manlappy �. It was actually @elfmann. Mine were both full time (MBA and work). Though still hanging in for ECA and Ielts.

It's ok. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
TheWatcher212:

You are very right on this. Thank you for the heads up. Cheers.
Have you sent in your passport? How long did it take to come back?
Yeah I sent the IMM form like 3 weeks after and i got pickup mail a week later.

that was in January, so lets say like 4 weeks total
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hiscules: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

What CIC requires is reference letters from the companies u claim to have worked at (the ones u claimed points for) not bank statements showing salaries paid.

So u r good to go
oh okay thanks. I had to ask as pay for the other one year was by hand while the second year reflects in the bank.

I take it that no need for payslips too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
40manlappy:

I think he is talking about awaiting approval for Ontario nomination, not e-APR.

Oops! My bad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
hiscules:
oh okay thanks. I had to ask as pay for the other one year was by hand while the second year reflects in the bank.

I take it that no need for payslips too

If u follow the proper way of writing the ref letter as specified by IRCC from ur office, there would be no need for payslips

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by behati: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
fabdee:
Yes London visa office. Whewww a bit relieved. Off to grab a glass and peanuts. Would be back when PPR falls on me ���
@Fabdee and @Triv, please confirm if you applied under FSW-O or PNP-O. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adlib007(f): 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hello Faky,

I sent you a PM. I would really appreciate it if you can send me the contact in Unilag.

Faky201:

Pm me for the contact
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hiscules: 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

If u follow the proper way of writing the ref letter as specified by IRCC from ur office, there would be no need for payslips
thank you, you just allayed my fears
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amybest123: 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
I didn't use wes though but I think the process is the same...not totally but to a large extent.
First register by filling the online form. Make payment using your dorm account master card or get someone to help you. Email will be sent to your mail box, the doc Sent to your mail will bear a reference number.
Second, apply to your Uni using one of the forms(the one for your uni) which u' d filled ur part when you were registering. Ur Uni will fill their own part, attach ur Transcript and send through courier to the address you supplied to them for evaluation. The process isn't difficult.
In case you need help on how to facilitate your Uniben Transcript, I may issue u with contact of the guy that helped me.
God bless you Hephgirl, further response from a uniben alumni will be hugely appreciated[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
Happylassy:
Hi there,

Whats your question re government worker? I have worked with/in government work both within and outside Nigeria!! I used both experiences on my application.

Sorry for the delayed response, congratulations on your PPR . I see your timeline is timely. Was reading this thread and saw where there is some speculation of delayed processing in timeline of government workers. Just wanted to know the timeline of other government workers. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
Feygbe:

@40manlappy @ehrnie please help me.
1.if the places you lived were different from your permanent address at that time then no need (if you traveled for holidays, your place of residence during your holidays is not relevant)
2. You should list out all your educational qualifications. I believe there is a place where you are asked which qualifications was accessed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chomiePedia: 12:09am On Jul 23, 2017
dont give up bro!

i wrote mine for four good times!!!!! hope you read it well FOUR TIMES!!
scored 7.5 in listening in my first 3 attempt. all reading, writing and speaking were okay, but just listening.
but i got my breakthrough at my fourth attempt and got 8.5 in listening. i have gotten my ITA and waiting for PPR. have faith. all my four attempt were done this year.
bigbroda:

Really angry and feeling devastated right now. July 8th exam result just came out and it was a mess up for me. LSRW-7.5,7,6.5,7.5. Feel so hurt and tired of the whole thing. Ain't doing dat exam again perhaps for now. Gotta take a break, Ontario might call while chilling being an IT person with 381 which is possibly hitting 390 after spouse's ECA or EE cut off just come down to 390 while I believe will happen someday from a personal study. I will be glad to embrace any of the stated options.

Gotta take a break but before dat lemme ask for a remark in listening and reading. Who knows, something good might come outta dat cos I'm a bit optimistic about it especially for the listening.

Guyz, can someone please list all the steps involved in asking for a remark biko. Dat's all I need for now.

Salam!

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.