Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,253 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600169 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
5Kay:

Ok, thank you. i am asking because i hear some persons say they get it done in less than 20days. so i am wondering...

It is possible but the 20 days will start counting after IQAS must have received all the documents. The current official processing time is 30 business days ( It can be +30 business days or -30 business days though).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
twaintoy:
My brother has a similar case to yours. But he got 6.5 in reading. Please guys, if he applies for remarking, would it be possible for them to remark it?
Thank you.

Reading and listening modules are less likely to be upgraded compared to listening and writing which are subjective.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Lol. U av join bad gang.

Wura27:

Uncle this your writing.... I really, sincerely hope they are typos....

All the best in your Canada journey....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
Osemigho:
Hi everyone,

Tips on getting great scores, as well as personal experience in Writing and speaking will be appreciated. Thanks.
Personally, I tried to check online for the 3/4 formats of type 2 essay questions . I also studied how to answer type 1 letters.

I later on downloaded and printed solutions to type 1 and 2 questions which I studied thoroughly. Luckily for me, questions were repeated which made me finish very fast.

Pay attention to paraphrasing and not repeating the question, the number of paragraphs in order to answer the question, word length, vocabulary etc.

This is my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
Osemigho:
Hi everyone,

Tips on getting great scores, as well as personal experience in Writing and speaking will be appreciated. Thanks.

Practice listening tests using youtube videos.

Visit ieltsliz for speaking tips and ieltsbuddy for reading and writing.

Also, you should watch some speaking test videos on youtube to have a full understanding of how the speaking test is conducted.

Honestly, the key to having great band scores in ielts is practice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IAMCOMING: 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Thanks so much for your reply.

Please if you don't mind me asking do you mean saving plan as pension.....

Thanks again

Ljay17:

Hi @IAMCOMING

The proof of compensation requirement is designed to further reinforce claims that you were employed and were paid for your services... not that you just got somebody to write you a reference letter. You don't have to provide everything mentioned in the guide. Pay slips or Bank Statements showing salary credits to your account is enough. If you have income tax clearance certificates, you can include those as well. I approached my Bank to print out my first 3 months bank statement (which was in 2005 and my last three months( which was 2015) even though the account had been closed two years ago. They obliged me.

Secondly my settlement fund was in the form of a savings plan that had been growing steadily for more than 4 years. I didn't have the cash in my bank but I still presented my Bank Statement. I got my fund manager to write me letter stating the current balance on my savings plan and the surrender value should I decide to liquidate into cash immediately.

Finally, I did some research on the Province and wrote a short piece enumerating my the personal skills, qualification, work experience and my excellent English skills as demonstrated by good scores in IELTS. I ended by mentioning that I had an aunt who resides in Ontario who had promised to ensure a seamless integration into the society and culture for my family.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yooku:

16 days!!!! Wow!! I tap into this grace ooohh...Do you get a CIC mail when movement happens on your profile? I don taya deg log in dey check on profile movement. Do you have a UCI now?

In fact the grace has abounded...Just got medicals passed and UCI assigned......12 days from AOR shocked
Timeline so far...since 2015

IELTS - July 2015 LRWS 9/8/8/8.5
EE Profile 1 Withdrawn - Nov 2015
EE Profile 2 Withdrawn - Feb 2016
EE Profile 3 Expired - March 2016
EE Profile 4 ITA - May 4/CRS 425
AOR - July 11
Medicals passed - July 23

Olowogbogboro is working oh!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
geebaby10:
Hello All. Please I have a question. I have gotten ITA and I am preparing my documents for submission this week or next week. I am the principal applicant but I am going with my husband. We did our medicals and mine was good but he has high BP and we were not able to get it down all day. My question is this- How much does his high BP (150/100)affect our chances of positive feedback on our application?

Also please is there a whatsapp group I can join?

No mind the BP wahala, I had a similar case on my medicals but I passed. Nevertheless steps must be taken to normalize it for general well being and good health. All the best in your application.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Hehehe! Throat dey pain me, I no fit laf cheesy

MummyJaygirls....You dat oh cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
Osemigho:
Hi everyone,

Check Youtube for Speaking Band 8 and 9 videos and observe carefully. The broader the range of vocabulary the better, complex construction and sentences you use in the writing and speaking will help you as well. Also the chain of thought and fluidity in your expressions all count towards at least an 8 in the Writing and Speaking.

Make I modify my typos before Wura27 go start dey "broda broda" me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2017
Congrats

Yooku:

In fact the grace has abounded...Just got medicals passed and UCI assigned......12 days from AOR shocked

AOR - July 11

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrOba: 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
Baba abeg how did you get your transcript from LAUTECH. I am a LAUTECH alumnus too and the only thing stalling my EE application is ECA. Please help a brother biko.

jelmusboy:
Thank God, WES credentials evaluation (Nigeria and UK) completed within 3 months. Despite LAUTECH strike, I got my transcript verified. Na who know who I use though.

Please, does anyone know Province I can get a job or nomination as a Medical Laboratory Technologist? Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ljay17: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
IAMCOMING:
Thanks so much for your reply.

Please if you don't mind me asking do you mean saving plan as pension.....

Thanks again

A savings plan is an investment in which an individual contributes money on on regular basis in order to reach a short or long term financial goal. The funds are usually invested by a fund manager in equities, commodities etc. It is quite different from a Pension Plan.

Hope this clarifies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yooku:

AOR - July 11

Okay....its gerring berra. Me i tap into this 12 days grace o. Lol Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ljay17: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yooku:

AOR - July 11

Wow!!! Congratulations.

I admire your patience and perseverance.

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlexanderGreat(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Congrats. So IRCC work on weekends. Nice!
Yooku:

AOR - July 11

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ugina: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
Ljay17:

A savings plan is an investment in which an individual contributes money on on regular basis in order to reach a short or long term financial goal. The funds are usually invested by a fund manager in equities, commodities etc. It is quite different from a Pension Plan.

Hope this clarifies.

Please can you elaborate more on the investment saving plan and the bank involved. I want to start saving but I don't know the one to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flyhigh1881: 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
I am a bit confused. Please, what is the difference between federal skilled worker outland and PNP outland application.

If i got nominated by Ontario while in the express entry pool and got ITA, is my application FSW-O or PNP-O?

You are PNP-O
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JeRit: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
Gurus in the house I really need answers to this questions

please does anyone know if having a B.sc and a diploma from French institute(in nigeria) can be considered as having 2 or more certificates when calculating your CRS scores? and if yes, can the French diploma be evaluated?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yooku:

Check Youtube for Speaking Band 8 and 9 videos and observe carefully. The broader the range of vocabulary the better, complex construction and sentences you use in the writing and speaking will help you as well. Also the chain of thought and fluidity in your expressions all count towards at least an 8 in the Writing and Speaking.

Lol I'm not here to edit anyone's English o.... I'm just catching trips. Lol cheesy

I'm really impressed with your perseverance, I would have long given up. I hope your case would be an example to others to never keep up on what they desire. We r all turning up in Canada this year!! I'm really impressed for real.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yooku:

Lol I'm not here to edit anyone's English o.... I'm just catching trips. Lol cheesy

I'm really impressed with your perseverance, I would have long given up. I hope your case would be an example to others to never give up on what they desire. We r all turning up in Canada this year!! I'm really impressed for real.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by impish: 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
Wow! I am so inspired by all the IELTS testimonies I have read today.

My sister is about to do hers for the 3rd time. We are praying for success for her and for everyone else looking to cross the IELTS hurdle. I will make sure she reads this, which I am sure will motivate and encourage her.

It will all end in praise!

Mrs. O - mycanadianfling

chomiePedia:
dont give up bro!

i wrote mine for four good times!!!!! hope you read it well FOUR TIMES!!
scored 7.5 in listening in my first 3 attempt. all reading, writing and speaking were okay, but just listening.
but i got my breakthrough at my fourth attempt and got 8.5 in listening. i have gotten my ITA and waiting for PPR. have faith. all my four attempt were done this year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
Feygbe:
Hello everyone,

Please I need help with the following questions.
1. In the address history, must I list all places lived in, including places travelled to for short periods?

2. In the ID document, do I list my old and new passport?

3. Under education, I have two degrees, a BSc and MD. I only have ECA for the BSc. Do I list both qualifications in education? Or I list only the BSc and then mention the MD in personal history?

Thank you.

1. You can list places that you actually lived and their addresses. Temporary addresses may not matter.

2. Your current valid passport suffices, you don't really need to include expired ones.

3. List both qualifications and support with valid documents by uploading scanned copies of the certificates and also mention them in personal history. Don't forget to include your IELTS result, ECA...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tbaby2015: 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yooku:

AOR - July 11

I tap into abundance of grace too. Congrats!

Which hospital did u have Ur medicals done please? Seems some hospitals delay than others...am I right seniors?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jaybaby2017: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please house, i have read a lot on this thread, but there is something i want to ask. Do you get extra point for your ECA report and that of your spose? If you do, what exactly is the point? Does it boast your overall score 'cos' my score is 339. i intend re-writing IELTS again to boast my former score of LSRW 8/7/6/6.5. Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Happylassy: 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
Our application was definitely longer on the average, however, still within the 6 months timeline so its okay!

Thank you.

Hamiltondreamer:

Sorry for the delayed response, congratulations on your PPR . I see your timeline is timely. Was reading this thread and saw where there is some speculation of delayed processing in timeline of government workers. Just wanted to know the timeline of other government workers. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
Kyaggy:
[
Hello bro/ sis,
We in Saudi Arabia. Please how did you get your PCC?
Is it ok if we get it on vacation?

For Nigerian PCC, I got it while I was in vacation, But after submitting, I realised that some Indians have been refused for this. Though yet to see any Nigerian refused for this cause, some did same and had no issues.

However, to be on a safe side, when I returned to Saudi, I requested for another one and uploaded to CIC via cse and email.
I just contacted the same police man, I didn't tell him I was outside the country so he wouldn't bill me, I had the forms, I thumb printed them myself and scanned to him. He printed, did the PCC and scanned everything to me which I uploaded.

I didn't take to Nigerian embassy here though it's advised. This is because I know it's not really compulsory. But if you wanna attest with them, then it should be sent by courier to you from Nigeria and not scanned so it stays original.

For Saudi PCC, you need a PCC request letter from Canadian embassy in Riyadh. Simply email them and say you will pick up letter at their gate. They will reply and tell you when to visit the embassy at gate.

So you travel to riyadh to get this PCC request letter from the embassy gate and go to MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to attest it. Opposite MOFA building, there is a place to pay for it before going into MOFA itself.

After attestation, you take this letter to the CIA police headquarters in Batik and do ur PCC. It's free. After 2 - 4days you pick it up.

It's in Arabic, so you translate it at a certified translators office.

That's all!!

It looks like a longthing.......but with PPR in demand, all things are possible grin

quote author=esosa4real post=58600523]

Where exactly are you? Like which country in the middl e east.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yooku:

AOR - July 11

Congrats. PPR in shorter time frame wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yooku:

AOR - July 11

congratulations o....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Congrats @chomiePedia and @Yooku. Wish you success in the rest of the journey smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
AlexanderGreat:
Congrats. So IRCC work on weekends. Nice!

My shock too oh. Never thought there would be any movement on a weekend...Sunday for that too. Anyway I had just come from church where I had prayed some prayers to move the process grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
Wura27:

I'm really impressed with your perseverance, I would have long given up. I hope your case would be an example to others to never keep up on what they desire. We r all turning up in Canada this year!! I'm really impressed for real.

Yes man, I kind of abandoned the whole process in my mind and didn't even bother to recreate my profile after it last expired because I was nowhere near the CRS for ITA for about a year. A friend already in Canny alerted me when the CRS cutoff started dropping and even that I didn't recreate till after 2 draws where I could have gotten ITA. I shook and revived myself again by the grace of God and that's how far we come. Everyone should keep hope alive. There is hope!!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.