Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? (13338 Views)

Igboland Is Not Landlocked / Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. / Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by zuchyblink(m): 10:47am On Sep 26, 2015
Answer: Not at all. Igboland stretches from Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt) to Agbor. The Atlantic ocean washes the shores of Igboland. Africa's second largest river - River Niger, traverses Igboland with one part of Igboland in the east and another part in the west of Nigeria. Oguta Lake has the potential of accommodating large ships and could be made a navigable port. If Igboland is landlocked, then all Nigeria is landlocked.

9 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by kogirodent: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2015
Yes

2 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2015
Mollayo
Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by DaBullIT(m): 10:54am On Sep 26, 2015
Your point being
Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by brize(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2015
dont mind those idi¤ts.... i think its thier mind which is mindlocked for them not to comprehend what is the fact

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by zendy: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
zuchyblink:
Answer: Not at all. Igboland stretches from
Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt) to Agbor. The
Atlantic ocean washes the shores of
Igboland. Africa's second largest river -
River Niger, traverses Igboland with one
part of Igboland in the east and another
part in the west of Nigeria. Oguta Lake has
the potential of accommodating large ships
and could be made a navigable port. If
Igboland is landlocked, then all Nigeria is
landlocked.

Only an ignoramus will say Igbo land is landlocked. Opobo which is by the Athlantic Ocean was founded by an Igbo man called Mbanaso Ozurumba, better known as King Jaja of Opobo. Even if Igbo land were just the 5 SE States, it still has access to the sea. There is a big difference between being landlocked and having no access to the sea to bring in goods. World class sea ports can be built in Oguta Imo state and Obuaku in Abia state. Both Abia and Imo have tributuaries that run directly into the Athlantic Ocean and can accommodate huge ships. Even Onitsha has an inland port. So when people say Igbo land is landlocked, I laugh

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by PAINGAIN: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2015
Its only those who've never gone beyond sagamu that keep shouting igbo land is landlocked. Even if we were, there r hundreds of countries that r landlocked but most of them r better than Nigeria with access to the sea. Besides how is it their headache if we r landlocked? Smh.

16 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Kagawa10: 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
zuchyblink:
landlocked.
And Agbor has sea? Lol!
Agbor aint even ibos!

3 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Kagawa10: 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
zendy:

Only an ignoramus will say Igbo land is landlocked. Opobo which is by the Athlantic Ocean was founded by an Igbo man called Mbanaso Ozurumba, better known as King Jaja of Opobo. Even if Igbo land were just the 5 SE States, it is still access to the sea. There is a big difference between being landlocked and having no access to the sea to bring in goods. World class sea ports can be built in Oguta Imo state and Obuaku in Abia state. Both Abia and Imo have tributuaries that run directly into the Athlantic Ocean and can accommodate huge ships. Even Onitsha has an inland port. So when people say Igbo land is landlocked, I laugh
Opobo is now ibo land? Lol!
'Cos the Ijaw has an ibo man as their king, their land has become ibo land? Lol!
Yeye people!

6 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by zuchyblink(m): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2015
Kagawa10:

'Cos the Ijaw has an ibo man as their king, their land has become ibo land? Lol!
Yeye people!
who founded Opobo?

14 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by zendy: 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2015
Kagawa10:

Yeye people!

Ijaw land? Nobody owned that land, that's why king Jaja could take it. I regard them as Opobo Igbos because Opobo was founded by an Igbo man. Of course, it is for them to them to decide who they are but I have heard that the main language of the Opobo people is Igbo

15 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Omololu007(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2015
zendy:

Ijaw land? Nobody owned that land, that's why king Jaja could take it. I regard them as Opobo Igbos because Opobo was founded by an Igbo man. Of course, it is for them to them to decide who they are but I have heard that the main language of the Opobo people is Igbo
alot of you ibos on nairaland are really crazy,see this fool calling opobo iboland.you are really lost grin ibo land is land lock

4 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Omololu007(m): 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2015
zuchyblink:
landlocked.
if ibo land is not landlocked,then you must agree with me that benue,niger and kogi state is not landlock

3 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Deltagiant: 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omololu007:
if ibo land is not landlocked,then you must agree with me that benue,niger and kogi state is not landlock

Your answer/comment is totally different from the question of whether Igboland is landlocked. Igbo is a language indigenous to the people of the lower Niger, and the question is whether the native Igbo speakers in Nigeria are land locked? In other words, whether the native Igbo speakers of Ikwerre, Opobo or parts of Bonny are landlocked?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omololu007:
alot of you ibos on nairaland are really crazy,see this fool calling opobo iboland.you are really lost grin ibo land is land lock

Is Opobo also Yoruba land

12 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Omololu007(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2015
Deltagiant:

Your answer/comment is totally different from the question of whether Igboland is landlocked. Igbo is a language indigenous to the people of the lower Niger, and the question is whether the native Igbo speakers in Nigeria are land locked? In other words, whether the native Igbo speakers of Ikwerre, Opobo or parts of Bonny are landlocked?
no part of bonny or opobo belong to ibos,,,or are you telling me the former chief of army staff lt gen minimah is an ibo man...opobo and bonny are fully ijaw land

2 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Omololu007(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2015
chuna1985:

Is Opobo also Yoruba land
opobo is an ijaw land

2 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by basilo101: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
Even the so called SE is not land locked let alone the whole igboland. a narrow strip of the sea forming the boundary between akwa ibom and rivers state extend into abia state.

2 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by basilo101: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omololu007:
no part of bonny or opobo belong to ibos,,,or are you telling me the former chief of army staff lt gen minimah is an ibo man...opobo and bonny are fully ijaw land
even without opobo and bonny, igboland is not land locked, and by the way opobo is more igboid then ijoid. IMagine, " ike m na ike gi" which language was dat derived from?
Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omololu007:

Pls which Language do they speak in Opobo, .... My friend from Opobo said they speak Igbo, pls can you confirm this Yoruba man

16 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:22pm On Sep 26, 2015
kaycid77:

Pls which Language do they speak in Opobo, .... My friend from Opobo said they speak Igbo, pls can you confirm this Yoruba man
you people are annoying. the proximity to a particular place is so constant on its language.

so, because they speak Yoruba in lokoja and KAbbA now, the Yorubas must lay claim to them, abi?

4 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by truefact: 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omololu007:
Do you know that many villages in Abia are returnees from Opopo?

You are a fetish clown, you don't know anything. ...i bet you are the one of diabolical morons who will sit in the rooms and know what is happening in the market

8 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omololu007:
opobo is an ijaw land

Loooooooool. Go n educate ur self. i jaw land begins n ends in bayelsa. Rivers state is hard core igbo land........ Rivers state is more igbo than Lagos is Yoruba.

12 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by basilo101: 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
you people are annoying. the proximity to a particular place is so constant on its language.

so, because they speak Yoruba in lokoja and KAbbA now, the Yorubas must lay claim to them, abi?
Ikot ekpene is closer to aba than opobo, yet ikot ekpene dialect has no element of igbo in it neither can dey understand igbo without interpreter. Opobo ppl speak an "igboish" dialect, and understand central igbo without interpreter and also speak central igbo at wenever they wish. i served with an opobo lady during NYSC. Now look at this map, the the narrow strip of the sea passing tru opobo actually ended at the boundary with abia state, at a point equal in distance to the sea with port harcourt

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Omololu007(m): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2015
chuna1985:

Loooooooool. Go n educate ur self. i jaw land begins n ends in bayelsa. Rivers state is hard core igbo land........ Rivers state is more igbo than Lagos is Yoruba.
the problem of u ibos is that,you all type with emotion....are you talking about the rivers state that has ijaws,ikwerre and ogonis as indignes....lt gen minimah ret,,is he an ijaw or ibo man?

2 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omololu007:
the problem of u ibos is that,you all type with emotion....are you talking about the rivers state that has ijaws,ikwerre and ogonis as indignes....lt gen minimah ret,,is he an ijaw or ibo man?

Allow your brain to assimilate the hard truths in these comments by a couple of your reasonable kinsmen. And then you will understand the reason you've been taking overdose Panadol for someone else's headache.

dejavski:
Am ilaje and I support BIAFRA... though in a peaceful manner.
I have come to realise that most yorubas are really scared of secession but they won't admit it

Quote me anywhere

mankand:
Guts comes with glory. One thing I like about Nnamdi Kanu is that he is very articulate and organised.

He knows how to organise his people around his dream, he can be the next Che in Africa because he is fighting a just cause but due to the mainstream media propaganda, a lot of people won't see and agree to this.

He have been able to gather the support of the igbo people worldwide both indigenous, in diaspora and those whose ancestors were taken to slave in Europe, America and Latin America which have now become a force to recon with.

Unfortunately my people yorubas are still under the chain of mental slavery donating their hard earned money to fake men called pastors instead of donating their money to organise themselves to build another oduduwa nation. We also have the same capacity to do the same as IPOB but we won't.

We also have yorubas all over Latin America, Europe, and other parts of the world.

I wish IPOB success in their quest because with their success, it becomes a motivation for other regions in Africa to do the same
tunjion:
The truth is we yorubas should stop opening thread to speak for south south minority.

Biafra from wat i read is not by force. Igbos in Edo such as the igbanke and Ika are Biafrans without doubt.

Other Edo ethnic group might even be rejected by Biafra. Some will end up applying to join.

Sentiment aside, they might feel Hausa and Yoruba will dominate them if they remain in Nigeria

You can also see where your brothers begged for Biafra to come:
https://www.nairaland.com/2602059/thread-yorubas-support-actualization-biafra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Omololu007(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

have never seen people as crazy as ibos on nairaland...most of them are so stup1d and ignorant...i cant believe they can claim on opobo or bonny...lt gen minimah,the former chief of army staff must be an ibo man

2 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omololu007:
have never seen people as crazy as ibos on nairaland...most of them are so stup1d and ignorant...i cant believe they can claim on opobo or bonny...lt gen minimah,the former chief of army staff must be an ibo man

Many ass-licking Yorrobers are so useless and deluded than they can't do without making careers out of lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs.

8 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Omololu007(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2015
xtrorse:

Allow your brain to assimilate the hard truths in these comments by a couple of your reasonable kinsmen. And then you will understand the reason you've been taking overdose Panadol for someone else's headache.

see this mad goat,,all the fuuls you quoted are flat heads from the South East,,so nah wetin you they get erect1on on be that abi? grin

2 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omololu007:
see this mad goat,,all the fuuls you quoted are flat heads from the South East,,so nah wetin you they get erect1on on be that abi? grin

Frustrated Ab0ki ass-licker in perpetual slavery, you must be relentlessly sniffing your own fart thinking you can get high with it to ever stand a chance to withstand Igbos. Sorry, you're on a wild goose chase.

6 Likes

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by basilo101: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
Omololu007:
Lol, even Aba has Ngwas, Anambra has the Anaedos, Enugu has wawas, my friend, nobody is igbo, its a family of closely related langues which ikwere is part of

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? by sammyj: 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
For sure. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Officials For Persons With Disabilities Commission / Tinubu: APC Presidential Rally In Bauchi (More Photos And Video) / Fct Minister Visits Proposed Sites Of Judges Quarters, Court Of Appeal Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.