Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. (74733 Views)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by adanny01(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2015
For those who know Hausa but i will translate.

My then little cousin came visiting in my house, she mostly spoke in English.

After eating lunch with her and my sisters, we all had too much to eat and i said in Hausa, "Na Koshi" meaning i am full. My sisters said same too. This little cousin of mine repeated same words. Then a thought crossed my mind that if this girl speaks only in English, does she know what she just repeated after us? So i asked her a question.

Bethel, how will you say "Na koshi" in English. With her finger on the head like she was thinking she replied "emmmmmmmmmmmm Eat koshi". Come and see laughter.

4 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Totfulguy: 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
adanny01:
For those who know Hausa but i will translate.

My then little cousin came visiting in my house, she mostly spoke in English.

After eating lunch with her and my sisters, we all had too much to eat and i said in Hausa, "Na Koshi" meaning i am full. My sisters said same too. This little cousin of mine repeated same words. Then a thought crossed my mind that if this girl speaks only in English, does she know what she just repeated after us? So i asked her a question.

Bethel, how will you say "Na koshi" in English. With her finger on the head like she was thinking she replied "emmmmmmmmmmmm Eat koshi". Come and see laughter.

Lol!
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
This Friday will make my son one month, I can't wait to start enjoying my moments with his hilarious acts and words.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by hYpErbOi: 1:04am On Oct 21, 2015
mummymi:
children re so funny to extent dat if one said he wants water d other too will want water at d same tym nd both will want d same cup. they will nw start dragging d cup from each other.
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Totfulguy: 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
I told my daughter (2+) to ALWAYS say please whenever she wants a thing or asks for anything. This evening she (as usual) goes to fiddle with my laptop and a conversation ensued.
Me: Please can you leave my laptop
My daughter: (in her baby voice) Can you please stop saying that.
Hmmm! People, it's MY laptop we are talking about here and her mum has a laptop. grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Tobermom: 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
Totfulguy:
I told my daughter (2+) to ALWAYS say please whenever she wants a thing or asks for anything. This evening she (as usual) goes to fiddle with my laptop and a conversation ensued.
Me: Please can you leave my laptop
My daughter: (in her baby voice) Can you please stop saying that.
Hmmm! People, it's MY laptop we are talking about here and her mum has a laptop. grin grin grin

Hahahaha! But you taught her the word. Thats so cute
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Totfulguy: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
A neighbour's son was in the habit of asking for whatever he saw with anyone...(bread, biscuits, toys, pencil etc). His mother was furious on discovering this and warned her son NEVER to beg ANYONE for anything. And if anyone gave him ANYTHING he had to show it to her FIRST. On this day he came out of their apartment with lollipop and was licking it hungrily and playing around with it...(And we are very fond of him). One of the neigbours (a guy) saw him and decided to tease him a bit. And this conversation ensued;

Neighbour: Simeon give me your lollipop.

Simeon: Mummy said dont beg.

8 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by rezzy: 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
Akbee:

U sure say no be you carry am up there??
Its quite creative anyways.

I saw my 11 months old baby climbing his hanger last Saturday just to go and collect the pegs.

I wanted to run inside to get my phone but was scared he might fall.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Totfulguy: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
My daughter (2+) started school recently and I really feared she will catch a flu and she did (mild flu tho, thankfully). She has been on mid-term break since Wednesday this week so she has been home. Normally when I return home, the routine thing she does is tell me something that will make me give her ALL my attention...Anything from "My hand is paining me" or "My teacher bit (past tense of bite) me" or the bus hit my hand"...ANYTHING for daddy to say "Oh Angel sorry" or "Where did she bite you" and then I will have to touch the area she is complaining about and to promise to "deal with ANYONE" who disturbed her (Including her grandmother who looks after her grin grin grin). Then she'd calm down and begin to play.

When I came home on Thursday, as usual she was at the door and she said "Daddy am hot" and then she said "my nose is running away". And I stood there and held the urge to burst into a very loud laugh. (I try not to laugh at her to avoid stifling her freedom and willingness to approach me)

I knew she was referring to her "runny nose" that was due to her cold. When I got into the room, I had the laugh of the month.

20 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Totfulguy: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
My daughter (2+) started school some months back. She is in the pre-nursery classes and she has been amazing. Since then she has been showing us (myself and her mum) what she has been learning and it's been very interesting. I think their teachers in the pre-nursery are very strict and have been enforcing a regime of discipline in the little ones ( I say this because I have been receiving A LOT OF BEATINGS for anything I do wrong from her. From telling her to sit down, be careful when jumping or stop screaming etc).

Some days ago, it was bed time and I insisted that she goes to bed (we all sleep together) and as usual we fought. She cried and grudgingly went to bed and was still sulking from my insistence that she go to sleep. Well when I finally went to sleep and I tried to pacify her, my daughter said, "dont touch me, am not your friend". "Go face the naughty corner". Clearly, it is obvious that when they, the children in her class are naughty, their teacher tells them to go face a corner in the class for a short while and not play with anyone as punishment for being naughty. Well, I did go to face the naughty corner until my wife interceded on my behalf and my daughter approved my sleep for the night. They own the house, afterall.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by suggyspic: 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
I went to the bank with my 3yrs daughter, while i was waiting for my turn to cash my cheque, my stomach made some noise and l let go of the gas. my little daughter shouted right in the bank hall. hmmmmmmm daddy have pollute. i close her mouth but she shouted louder leave me alone, hmmmm, daddy you have pollute. I nearly ran out of the bank.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 31, 2015
suggyspic:
I went to the bank with my 3yrs daughter, while i was waiting for my turn to cash my cheque, my stomach made some noise and l let go of the gas. my little daughter shouted right in the bank hall. hmmmmmmm daddy have pollute. i close her mouth but she shouted louder leave me alone, hmmmm, daddy you have pollute. I nearly ran out of the bank.

Hahahaha. Your daughter reminds me of my neighbours daughter.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by BRAV0O(m): 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
isokey:
Reading through all these post, i cant just help but laugh. Children are indeed wonderful gifts from God. I pray God's visitation for every home in need of this miracle and a safe delivery for all pregnant women. Cant wait to have mine!

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by kentzz(f): 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
my son who s a year nd haf always say "mummy awu me" instead of"mummy carry me"

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
My friends daughter is about 5 YO..
She always wants to lie in between the mom and dad when they are in bed during the day..
So the mom would always look for a way to send her out to play.
She just likes to be very close to her dad..
So one day she came to the dad and said

Daughter: "Daddy, can I be your wife"
Dad: No you are my lovely daughter
Daughter: Daddy please I really want to be your wife..
Dad: No you are already my daughter
Daughter: I want to stop being your daughter and become your wife
Dad: No way
Daughter: Crying bitterly...
Dad: Sorry darling ... Okay I agree you will be my second wife..
Daughter: Crying more.... I want to be your only wife....

Even the rival mother had to intervene .. Okay take the husband so we can have some peace.. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by BluStreak(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
kentzz:
my son who s a year nd haf always say "mummy awu me" instead of"mummy carry me"

This got me laughing so hard. Don't worry about it. That's babies for you. He will get better with time. I remember my own daughter use to say "Daddy cawee me". Ha ha ha ha

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Vanityupnvanity(m): 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
me and my little cousin

cousin: 'uncle(as she calls me)
me: yes, whats it?
cousin: why do you like to listen to news?
me: because i want to know whats happening arnd the world.
cousin: is the nws sweet? to me, its not sweet.i dont use to understand what they are saying. they are too fast. if i am listening, they will say one word before i fimish understanding it, they will say another one again quick-quick.
me: #just smiles

5 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by kentzz(f): 11:02am On Jan 01, 2016
I jst rmembrd my friend's son,wenever I am listening to a song he will com nd say " aunty I sabi d song" den I will say ok wu sing am,he will say" na nekel naksin" dats Michael Jackson. I cant hep bt kip lafin..

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by louisa4luv(f): 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
My neighbour's son who is one and half years was trying to eat from his mum's Eba and egusi stew when he mistakenly rubbed the stew in his eyes. He started shouting in yoruba: Mummy, oju mi da (where are
my eyes). Really got me laughing.

8 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by rezzy: 11:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
This happened today

My husband's three year old niece was addressing my son as she instead of him/he. So the mother told her that she should use he /him for him cos he is a boy.

Niece: (shouting) him come, him come
Mother : Its not him come, it's Kammy come
Niece : but you said I should use him for him
Everybody : laughing with full force

5 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Chinwem(f): 1:17am On Jan 02, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

He is a sweet humble boy kiss.. From the letter, he said:

No 1 Redeemed
Cresent Close
Rehoboth Estate
18-08-2015
Dear CHI,
I am sorry for wiping all the applications. I didn't know, I though if I click the "reset device" it will cancel it or reset it. Pls forgive me and may God bless you and give you the money to repair the phone and and also get your seminar back.
Yours lovely
[Signed]
Elekwa Emmanuel.

Hahahahaha.. I couldn't even lay a finger on him.. I just swallowed the pains..

You have a kind heart
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Chinwem(f): 1:18am On Jan 02, 2016
hardychris:
A 5 year old boy was asked to lead in a worship song before they could pray one morning, he started with.

Good morning Jesus good morning Lord.

The next song was twinkle twinkle little star.

Hahaha I almost died laughing.

cheesy lmao

3 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Chinwem(f): 1:21am On Jan 02, 2016
Naturehibrid:
My neighbors son was reading 1 2 3 when he got to 110 he became confused and started saying: one hundred and wanty one, one hundred and onety two , one hundred and onety three. I had a good laughter dat day

Absolutely hilarious
Bless him

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Sleekyshuga(f): 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
Chinwem:

You have a kind heart
kiss smiley Happy New Year..
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Chinwem(f): 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

kiss smiley Happy New Year..

Same to you my sister smiley
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by shindarayo(f): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
So I was watching an action movie with my 4+years old daughter,dey got to a scene wre dre was so much shooting.my daughter who was earlier playing wt her teddy ran to my side and held m,den she sd:mummy will dey come here,I asked her who she pointed to the tv,I sd no,den she asked again:mummy will dey break our television,I sd No,dey cant,den one of the actor was pointing his gun facing the screen thereby facing me directly,den she immediately climbbed me,covered my head wt her two hands and said,mommy he is going to shoot u,close ur eyes.I had to change the tv to nickolodeon to avoid further questions.buh it was so funny

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by FixedRoots: 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
shindarayo:
So I was watching an action movie with my 4+years old daughter,dey got to a scene wre dre was so much shooting.my daughter who was earlier playing wt her teddy ran to my side and held m,den she sd:mummy will dey come here,I asked her who she pointed to the tv,I sd no,den she asked again:mummy will dey break our television,I sd No,dey cant,den one of the actor was pointing his gun facing the screen thereby facing me directly,den she immediately climbbed me,covered my head wt her two hands and said,mommy he is going to shoot u,close ur eyes.I had to change the tv to nickolodeon to avoid further questions.buh it was so funny
Your little girl is an angel. She'll take a bullet for you if the need arises. grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by adanny01(m): 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
After our wedding we used to walk inside the house naked especially after shower. Now we have 2 children and a 14yr old house help so we dont. She travelled for xmas so we were left with the boys 2 and 4. The helper isnt around so after shower i stepped to the living room looking for my body cream which i saw last with the 2yr old. I held my towel and was still wiping water off myself. My older son saw me naked from behind and said "see daddy's bum bum". He added "biiiig bum bum!".

My wife and I laughed like we go die.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by sexiestchic(f): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Kisd are rilli funny and fun to be with.... So I asked my cousin dis evening,
ME: Uche how old are u
Uche: 5
Me: how old is Sarah
Uche: 8
ME: How old is Olu (Olu is her older brother)
Uche: He's a bigger number...
You've just got 2 love them

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by Totfulguy: 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
My daughter does not like it when the rings and you dont pick. She literally becomes very upset and ensures that you take your call or she will pick the call for you. She is on mid-term break and I happened to be home. I set an alarm for 8:30am on my phone and at 8:30 the alarm went off and this conversation ensued.

(Alarm goes off and the phone, which was in the parlor become noisy)
My daughter: Daddy!, Daddyy!!, Daddyyyy!!!
Me: Yes angel
My daughter: Your phone is ringing go and pick it.
Me: Angel its not a call its an alarm
My daughter: Daddy go and pick your call alarm is calling you.

Isnt she lovely?

10 Likes

Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by buoye1(m): 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ganoderma:

Oh Lord ...... please hear my prayers and give me a child. Just one is all I ask....

Let me share this moments too.
It is granted you in Jesus name..... Amen
Re: Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. by buoye1(m): 9:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
Totfulguy:
My daughter (2+) started school some months back. She is in the pre-nursery classes and she has been amazing. Since then she has been showing us (myself and her mum) what she has been learning and it's been very interesting. I think their teachers in the pre-nursery are very strict and have been enforcing a regime of discipline in the little ones ( I say this because I have been receiving A LOT OF BEATINGS for anything I do wrong from her. From telling her to sit down, be careful when jumping or stop screaming etc).

Some days ago, it was bed time and I insisted that she goes to bed (we all sleep together) and as usual we fought. She cried and grudgingly went to bed and was still sulking from my insistence that she go to sleep. Well when I finally went to sleep and I tried to pacify her, my daughter said, "dont touch me, am not your friend". "Go face the naughty corner". Clearly, it is obvious that when they, the children in her class are naughty, their teacher tells them to go face a corner in the class for a short while and not play with anyone as punishment for being naughty. Well, I did go to face the naughty corner until my wife interceded on my behalf and my daughter approved my sleep for the night. They own the house, afterall.

Awwwwwww......beautiful

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Germany-Based Nigerian Marries An Old Man, Sparks Reactions / What My Wife Does Whenever We Have A Disagreement / Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.