Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,500 members, 7,826,874 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? (31335 Views)

What To Do With A Degree In English Language / How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by zasika(m): 6:22am On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=cogsej06 post=38508959]both options are awesome and achievable.,..... differ the admission for a year n work period!!!

Sorry to digress. Do u still do cone penetrometer test? Call 08109419177 ASAP
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by zasika(m): 6:25am On Oct 06, 2015
cogsej06:
both options are awesome and achievable.,..... differ the admission for a year n work period!!!

Sorry to digress. Do u still do cone penetrometer test? Call 08109419177 ASAP
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by GentlePEACE: 12:24pm On May 20, 2018
Ramj:
Wherever in the world you have your M.Sc, the basic and first requirement for close to 95% of graduate jobs is a B.Sc (a 2.1 for most companies)..
To that end I would say to your friend please let him stick to the 180k job (that a really good pay for a fresh graduate in all honesty).
Also 2 years job experience is worth more than many masters. Also considering the recent emergence of AGE BENCHMARK on many jobs (add 2 years to his current age) then he will be back after his M.Sc having a very good certificate but limited by this glass ceiling called age barrier.

NB: I also have a masters degree and I can tell you from experience that MOST jobs require your Bachelor's degree and that's what most employers will ask for. I have been there having a M.Sc and feeling like will this job ever come e.t.c.

The condition i will advice your friend to go for the M.Sc in Canada and forfeit the 180k job, is if he plans to stay abroad - To that there is higher and better chance of getting a post-study visa in Canada and consequently a residence permit in no time in Canada. Canada is a very good destination in that regards compared to the U.K.
Also if he plans to get into academics then he better go for his M.Sc and subsequently his PhD which has more funding in Canada

Let your friend consider his options very well. I wish him the very best

hi RAMJ, i love your advice. You spoke from the heart(experience). I hope you've gotten a good job now?
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by kcmanjiri: 12:45pm On May 22, 2018
GentlePEACE:

hi RAMJ, i love your advice. You spoke from the heart(experience). I hope you've gotten a good job now?

Hey you can ask your friend to contact to the best Study Abroad Consultant.
They will give you best advise about Study In Canada or any other country. smiley

Hopefully this will helpful for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NPOWER- I Just Got A Congratulations Text Message / I Am 25 And Want To Start Up My Own Business. Which Businesses Can I Consider? / Is First Bank Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.