Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage (40022 Views)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why / 3 PDP Governors In Buhari’s Team To Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by omojeesu(m): 4:36am On Sep 29, 2015
Saboteur or sabotaged and smeared to justify removal for ethnic and religious reasons?
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by MayorofLagos(m): 4:37am On Sep 29, 2015
aresa:

General visit to other countries and UN functions are 2 different things.

We have permanent folks at the UN for a reason. It's not the job of the Nigerian embassy to draw up and formulate UN schedules or chaperon the president around the UN for official UN engagements inside the UN. This is the job of the Nigerian mission at the UN. Nigerian mission to the UN.

You people come up with the most thoughtless ignorant and unintelligent rubbish...

Thats wht i said, the Nigerian UN mission is distinct from the Nigerian Embassy in US. Totally separate staff and headcount.

The fool i responded to had it mixed up.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by OfoIgbo: 4:51am On Sep 29, 2015
aresa:

The Canadian UN mission and their responsibilities.

Pay attention to the highlight especially the red highlight which sums it all up.

This is basically the standard mission responsibilities of all UN missions.

our UN mission is utterly incompetent and worthless..

1. This is for Canada and not for Nigeria

2. We will also like to see the job description of a) foreign affairs minister b) foreign affair ministry c) Nigerian ambassador to the US d) Nigerian embassy in the US e) Secretary to the government of the federation f) the president, afterall he should be in charge of filling those positions with competent people

Providing the job desriptions of the above entities will help reveal whose fault this diplomatic quagmire truly is.
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by likila: 5:01am On Sep 29, 2015
OfoIgbo:

1. This is for Canada and not for Nigeria

2. We will also like to see the job description of a) foreign affairs minister b) foreign affair ministry c) Nigerian ambassador to the US d) Nigerian embassy in the US e) Secretary to the government of the federation f) the president, afterall he should be in charge of filling those positions with competent people

Providing the job desriptions of the above entities will help reveal whose fault this diplomatic quagmire truly is.

there is no quagmire.
buhari say he can do everything by himsef.
so everybody leave am and his boy-boy adc to disgrace themsefes trekking all over america.
they think it is by marching that you can enter to see pope.
who cares for march past in america?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by ishiamu(m): 5:05am On Sep 29, 2015
PentiumPro:
That woman, a Biafran sympathizer is yet to recover from the shock arising from the defeat of her benefactor.

You need a d**k to suck? So you can stfu
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by seunmsg(m): 5:13am On Sep 29, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Go and die, simples!

grin grin grin grin grin
You sound more sillier.
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by nobeku: 5:21am On Sep 29, 2015
Stolen:
Everywhere Buahri goes and find igbos he starts skimming to remove them. Let us see how far Buhari can get with that, we are watching.
You are so fooolish... What sort of ediots do we really have on this thread?
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by OfoIgbo: 5:23am On Sep 29, 2015
MayorofLagos:

What did you say??

Alright, I think it is time we sanction Ibos from the political section. You guys just dont get it!!

The UN is located in America but its grounds and campuses are considered international territory. The UN has its own police force. AMERICA has no jurisdiction on UN grounds.

Now, America itself has a rep in the UN. The UN rep is different from an Ambassadorial post but both are diplomatic missions.

The Nigerian Ambassador to the US is there to facilitate the needs of bilateral agreements between US and Nigeria people in areas of cultural exchange, business exchange, tourism, education, arts and so on.....

The Nigerian Perm Rep to UN is there to facilitate treaties between Nigerian Government and UN members and to be the face and facilitator when Nigeria interacts, inter-exchange, inter-play with peer Nations for military, state, humanitarian aid, development and peace accords.

One represent the people - Ambasador
The other represent the Sovereign - Perm Rep.

Dont ever make the mistake of confusing the two again. angry

By the level of the substandard knowledge shown in your explanation, I can only guess you are a Yoruba fellow.

Well, let me educate you a little bit.

It is already on record that Mumu-hammadu and his almajiri entourage did not spend the entirety of their stay, within the UN compounds.
Anyway, outside the UN compounds falls under the purview of the Nigerian ambassador to the US. The mumu in power spent MOST of his time, outside the UN compounds and we all know Joy Ogwu is only but the Nigerian rep in the UN.

It is a national big deal when a president makes this sort of trip and invariably both the SGF and the foreign affairs ministry play the most prominent role in COORDINATING and PRIORITIZING the president's foreign schedule.

It is public knowledge that Buhari made his norther brother the SGF so I will want to know his input in this mess.
It is public knowledge that Buhari has not appointed a substantive foreign affairs minister, four months after mounting the leadership, so what does he have to say about that. Bear in my that this minister would have been attending EXCO meetings chaired by the president and be fully informed of the political slant of the administration and even help to formulate foreign affairs policies for the government, which will obviously include Nigeria's UN responsibilities. Was Buhari not aware of this?

Why is there no Nigerian ambassador to the US presently who would have played a leadership role in helping to handle the president's affairs, while not within the four corners of the UN's wall?

Any attempt to heap this fiasco on Joy Ogwu will be laughed off by the international community. UN observer have already pointed wt the principal person to blame. I will also personally add the SGF.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by OfoIgbo: 5:29am On Sep 29, 2015
This mess wouldn't have happened if Anyim was still the SGF because he would have advised the president about the need for proper coordination which a minister can give, alongside the SGF's office.

If the mumu had appointed Ogbonna Onu, he would have done exactly what Anyim would have done.

Unfortunately, the mumu went for an incompetent fellow northerner as the SGF
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by OfoIgbo: 5:37am On Sep 29, 2015
Was it the US representative in the UN that provided the food Obama ate in the White House before attending any of the UN sessions? The answer is NO

Was it the US representative in the UN that provided the motorcade that brought Obama from the White House to the UN building? The answer is NO

Buhari has shown immense INCOMPETENCE. It is now out there for the whole world to see. JOY OGWU, please keep excelling. Just resign and don't allow yourself to be tainted by these monkey lookalikes. Our daughters Iweala and Oteh are making waves in spite of attempts to rubbish them

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by teegbaj101(m): 5:45am On Sep 29, 2015
shocked
new2020:
A lot of you would read this article and not understand the subtle message...Amb. Ogwu is responsible and should be removed. This is evil yoruba people for you....this people are implacably evil. Runs in their DNA and culture. Isn't it the same Amb. Ogwu that has handled all missions for past presidents from Obj, Yaradua to GEJ without any hitch? Presidency should own up to its fault and stop blaming this fine distinguished woman. This was how the very same Yoruba media rubbished Oduah, Iweala, Madueke, Oteh, e.t.c. So I want you to grasp the subtle message from this evil yoruba media....remove her. The question becomes...why did the Presidency lie when this issue was raised few days ago? Why did they lie that the meeting was not official? TALK TO ME! Now the coverup is let's put the blame on this distinguished woman. THIS IS HOW THIS EVIL PEOPLE SINGLEHANDEDLY DESTROYED THE NAMES OF OUR BEAUTIFUL DISTINGUISHED BIAFRAN WOMEN. NOW PROF. OGWU OF ALL...inarguably one of the best diplomats Nigeria has ever produced! I can't tell you how disgruntled I'm. This is why this country is going and has been going down the pit...mediocrity! If you don't appreciate the service of these fine women; obviously you hate them, then give us Biafra so that they can serve us. How difficult is this?

My advice to Prof. Ogwu, resign and take up a private or corporate job like Iweala and Oteh. You will be recalled when Biafra comes. This country is not worth it ma'am. Someone like Oteh will never ever serve Nigeria again!
hmm u n dis ur rabid rants abt biafra,it,s a fleeting illusion dat uir generations will pursue but never attain,ohh so oduah is now a saint because she,s ibo,God save ur demented sense of reasoning btw all these hitches are nigeria,s as a whole n until we learn to own up to responsibilities as one nation then we,ll b getting nearer to dreamland,stop this ethnic bigotry,listen to obama,s speech n think abt it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by ChelseaDr(m): 5:53am On Sep 29, 2015
Lastpage!

[/quote]

Thank you wise one!
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by WailingWailer00(m): 5:55am On Sep 29, 2015
sammyj:
Just remove the mugu from the post shekena
You sure say you get sense grin

Tochukwu Okpa
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Luckylife(m): 5:56am On Sep 29, 2015
With ur over grown baby elephant smelling pig size ur encounter wit vp still allow ur brain to b stock between ur elephant legs. Reason like human pig
PentiumPro:
That woman, a Biafran sympathizer is yet to recover from the shock arising from the defeat of her benefactor.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 29, 2015
seunmsg:

grin grin grin grin grin
You sound more sillier.
You sound most silliest tongue
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by PentiumPro(f): 6:02am On Sep 29, 2015
Luckylife:
With ur over grown baby elephant smelling pig size ur encounter wit vp still allow ur brain to b stock between ur elephant legs. Reason like human pig
Fool, go back to sleep, you are not making sense.
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Luckylife(m): 6:03am On Sep 29, 2015
new2020:
A lot of you would read this article and not understand the subtle message...Amb. Ogwu is responsible and should be removed. This is evil yoruba people for you....this people are implacably evil. Runs in their DNA and culture. Isn't it the same Amb. Ogwu that has handled all missions for past presidents from Obj, Yaradua to GEJ without any hitch? Presidency should own up to its fault and stop blaming this fine distinguished woman. This was how the very same Yoruba media rubbished Oduah, Iweala, Madueke, Oteh, e.t.c. So I want you to grasp the subtle message from this evil yoruba media....remove her. The question becomes...why did the Presidency lie when this issue was raised few days ago? Why did they lie that the meeting was not official? TALK TO ME! Now the coverup is let's put the blame on this distinguished woman. THIS IS HOW THIS EVIL PEOPLE SINGLEHANDEDLY DESTROYED THE NAMES OF OUR BEAUTIFUL DISTINGUISHED BIAFRAN WOMEN. NOW PROF. OGWU OF ALL...inarguably one of the best diplomats Nigeria has ever produced! I can't tell you how disgruntled I'm. This is why this country is going and has been going down the pit...mediocrity! If you don't appreciate the service of these fine women; obviously you hate them, then give us Biafra so that they can serve us. How difficult is this?

My advice to Prof. Ogwu, resign and take up a private or corporate job like Iweala and Oteh. You will be recalled when Biafra comes. This country is not worth it ma'am. Someone like Oteh will never ever serve Nigeria again!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Luckylife(m): 6:18am On Sep 29, 2015
Bro u just text what a reasonable and wise Nigerians are thinking. She must have presented all the UN meets to the president office,is left for PMB to chose which is official and non official base on his state of international knowledge. Between a prof. that is in the system for long and cert. that just enter after off system for over 20yrs who is liable to mistakes? Only wise and reasonable Nigerians will understand and support me by likes
new2020:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by mickey45: 6:48am On Sep 29, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Thats wht i said, the Nigerian UN mission is distinct from the Nigerian Embassy in US. Totally separate staff and headcount.

The fool i responded to had it mixed up.

So in short, Prof. Isn't to blame here is she?
By the way, why don't we take a parallel look at other countries there present and see who chaperoned them to those meetings.

Then we'll all know whether/not the madam deserves the wipes She's been getting lately,
I saw someone mention the AGF, what's his part in all this?
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by tonychristopher: 7:17am On Sep 29, 2015
argon500:
Members of President Buhari’s delegation to the United nations General Assembly have accused Prof.Joy Ogwu, Nigeria’s Permanent Representative to the UN, of sabotaging President Muhammadu Buhari’s participation, citing glaring missteps that have embarrassed the delegation and undermined Nigeria’s/

The accusation follows curious circumstances in which Nigeria missed two key events, putting its leadership on the spot. The first was a Boko Haram response event chaired by a UN Under-Secretary Mike O’Brien, which Buhari missed completely.

The Nigeria leader, who will speak in the general debate this evening, also missed a meeting with the Catholic Pontiff, Pope Francis, because of his late arrival to the meeting, the bizarre circumstances of which are only just being understood.

Sources within the delegation told SaharaReporters that the delegation also missed at least two other events and has had a difficult time securing full participation in the very important 70th Assembly.

In the case of the Boko Haram event, the sources told our reporter that it was never put on President Buhari’s calendar by the Nigerian mission.

Regarding the event with the Pope, Buhari missed it because when he came down from his hotel suite, there was no car to take him to the meeting. When he decided to walk to the event with his entourage, he was taken by Nigerian mission officials to the wrong gate, where they were denied entry by security agents.

Buhari then walked back to his hotel where, when he got on the elevator, the mission finally brought a car to take him to see the Pope.

Sources say when he made that second trip in the Mission’s car, he was again driven to yet another wrong gate and the delegation was turned back.

Also, yesterday an attempt by the delegation to attend a side meeting where Nigeria was to have declared its support for the “Commitment to Gender Equality” initiative almost failed as the mission failed to provide any secondary party to facilitate the Nigerian delegation’s participation. It took the intervention of the Chinese mission to help former member of house of reps Abike Dabiri and other delegates to get into the event.

And then today, members of the Nigerian delegation led by the governor of Niger state again denied access to another important event, “EveryWoman, EveryChild,” because of poor organization.

As Buhari prepares to speak today at the UN, the delegation also hit a major hitch as the Mission did not process tickets for all members of the delegation to get into the event. Only President Buhari and a few members of his protocol team were accredited to get in the venue. Our source said it was when Buhari finally got upset about it that Prof. Ogwu when out and processed acoustic tickets to enable a larger number of delegates to attend the event.

Apart from the fiasco with accreditation and general conference management, the members of the delegation are also not provided food in their hotel rooms as is the tradition. Instead, they are made to eat at a buffet at the Mission. According to his aides, President Buhari refused to go to the buffet.

The Nigerian delegation is staying at the ONE UN New York, (the former Millennium UN Plaza Hotel), across the road from the UN, and on the same block with the Nigerian Mission.

Prof. Ogwu’s tenure expires in December 2015. Several UN observers blames President Buhari for the mess, he berates the president delays in appointing ministers saying it is a major reason his UN trip failed miserably. A retired Nigerian diplomat told Saharareporters that President Buhari must have seen the folly in relying on unsupervised civil servants to run the affairs of state since he came to power.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/28/un-general-assembly-fiasco-buhari-team-accuse-ambassador-joy-ogwu-sabotage

They might say anything but left for me ...I am yet to see how buhari will make it...how cab somebody tell me that you have a meeting with pope and their is no logistics that's to me ineptitude

How can somebody tell me that the UN is having a session on boko haram and you were not informed

I think buhari didn't prepare for the meeting or he stylishly avoided that session

Joy has been in UN years so let us face the fact ...the dude has no foreign minister and this is what it brought

If he has been a success what are the derivatives from all these globe trotting... Just tell me one

Onye cho ebe oga egide aka ma ona afughi ogide ikpere
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by wirinet(m): 7:19am On Sep 29, 2015
Mogidi:
Premium Times

Buhari team are no longer saying the meeting was unofficial since Premium Times exposed their folly.
Ambassador Ogwu should have woken Bubu from his sleep, its her fault Buhari overslept.

Did you read the report at all or you are reading another article. It says Buhari went to the venue twice and on each occasion was taken to the wrong gate.

It is now obvious that the 5 precenters are out to embarrass the president and can do anything to achieve their aims. And someone will still criticize Buhari for being afraid ti appoint the 5 percenters in this government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by tonychristopher: 7:22am On Sep 29, 2015
OfoIgbo:
Was it the US representative in the UN that provided the food Obama ate in the White House before attending any of the UN sessions? The answer is NO

Was it the US representative in the UN that provided the motorcade that brought Obama from the White House to the UN building? The answer is NO

Buhari has shown immense INCOMPETENCE. It is now out there for the whole world to see. JOY OGWU, please keep excelling. Just resign and don't allow yourself to be tainted by these monkey lookalikes. Our daughters Iweala and Oteh are making waves in spite of attempts to rubbish them
Don't mind them
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by tonychristopher: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2015
wirinet:

Did you read the report at all or you are reading another article. It says Buhari went to the venue twice and on each occasion was taken to the wrong gate.

It is now obvious that the 5 precenters are out to embarrass the president and can do anything to achieve their aims. And someone will still criticize Buhari for being afraid ti appoint the 5 percenters in this government.

Is he that stupid that they will take him to the wrong place two times?
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by wirinet(m): 7:29am On Sep 29, 2015
tonychristopher:

Is he that stupid that they will take him to the wrong place two times?

Do you have comprehension deficit disorder? The report says he was taken to different gates. It was not the same gate twice. The UN building has many gates, only one is reserved for presidents and heads of states.

See how PDP and 5 percenters are ecstatic with joy, you would think Nigeria won the world cup. These people can even commit suicide to make sure Buhari fails or is embarrassed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 29, 2015
new2020:

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by tonychristopher: 7:36am On Sep 29, 2015
wirinet:

Do you have comprehension deficit disorder? The report says he was taken to different gates. It was not the same gate twice. The UN building has many gates, only one is reserved for presidents and heads of states.

See how PDP and 5 percenters are ecstatic with joy, you would think Nigeria won the world cup. These people can even commit suicide to make sure Buhari fails or is embarrassed.

But the bottom line is that your dude was a disgrace and a disaster at the UN

Simple
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by wirinet(m): 7:38am On Sep 29, 2015
tonychristopher:

But the bottom line is that your dude was a disgrace and a disaster at the UN

Simple
And that makes you very happy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by AnanseK(m): 8:10am On Sep 29, 2015
Stolen:
Everywhere Buahri goes and find igbos he starts skimming to remove them. Let us see how far Buhari can get with that, we are watching.

I think they are scheming to humiliate and disgrace him.you can't place a Biafran to represent Nigeria at the UN.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by AnanseK(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2015
journerman:
Why would she be sabotaging her country. Everybody should hold up their hands and take responsibility in this, the presidency aren't blameless.

Her real country is Biafra and her intentions are clear - to disgrace our president and our country.
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by tonychristopher: 8:13am On Sep 29, 2015
wirinet:

And that makes you very happy.

Why should it make me happy

I am just indifferent.... I expected this

From what I saw at Obama visit
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:04am On Sep 29, 2015
dunkem21:
The sloppiness and tardiness exhibited by this administration is embarrassing to say the least ..

..I counted four important events that Nigeria missed out ..Take your time and read line by line and see the mess our country's image has been made in the UN assembly ..

..and the Presidency lied to us that the events were unofficial .. just read the last paragraph again ..

..If Buhari were to be lalasticlala, this thread will make FP on December,1 ..
Its clear that that smelly kitten carrying Joy Ogwu is at fault .Wailers can wail all they want !
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by 247notire(m): 9:05am On Sep 29, 2015
lastpage:

You these Eediot is probably a "traffic snarl Gala Hawker" ....
So l can hold you responsible for the thrash you just spew!

Most of you clowns posting here dont even realize that the U.N representative of a country is actually the Country's Ambassador to the U.N and is directly responsible for ANY INTERFACE (including but not limited to programmes and schedules) between the UN and the country's President.

But then, when you have these Ibo saboteurs within your Govt, you have to understand that they will lose their brain when it mattered most
Small time, they will be whining that PMB did not put them in-charge of his food at Aso rock
undecided undecided

Lastpage!
Like I said earlier, calling u a brainless swine doesn't do you justice. Continue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani Reacts To Onochie's Nomination As INEC Commissioner / Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement / President Buhari Breaks The Ramadan Fast Alongside Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.