Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage (40023 Views)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why / 3 PDP Governors In Buhari’s Team To Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by davereal(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2015
Why is this government always looking for scapegoats for their failures? Is it not a show of integrity to accept responsibility than shift blame? Well, I was thought as a child never to blame anybody for my failures. Rather appreciate everybody for my success: the virtue of a focused life and government if you like. BLAME should be the nick name of this government.
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by sammyj: 9:33am On Sep 29, 2015
............... grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
WailingWailer00:

You sure say you get sense grin

Tochukwu Okpa
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2015
Now Buhari will learn and undertand the importance of appointing noise makers ministers early grin
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Fadahunsi(m): 9:45am On Sep 29, 2015
Duru1:
The Daura Dumbass duplicated his idiotic nonchalance to details and continues to hurry into issues he is clueless about. How could moronic Nigerians rush to USA without months of understanding what the timetable looked like and marry to the highly sophistication of United Nation method of operation? This Fulani jackass and his cronies are fanning flimsy excuses towards any department in Nigeria headed by none-Fulani or person not from northern Nigeria. What briefings were given to Daura Dumbass by the ministry of external affairs before jetting out of Nigeria? If the moronic dingbat could not even adhere to UN schedule of events, how can the jackass contemplate the solution to Nigeria’s headache?

So if he's a dumb ass(like you claim), does that change the fact that he is your president?
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by sweetgala(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2015
247notire:
Did u turn a blind eye to the food part?

I fail to get your point , please expand
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Edusouls(m): 9:49am On Sep 29, 2015
MizMyColi:
These people are just shameless.

Very Shameless Tbh.
Tufia!

When the press release came up initially, why didn't say this?
Why didn't they just tell the truth?

Bunch of insincere folks parading insincere change.
undecided
Lying Liars.
Incompetent Media Spokesmen.
shut up foolish person,you idle mind what have u done to help ur self...
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by sweetgala(m): 9:51am On Sep 29, 2015
kettykin:

Do you mean that the Nigerian ambassador to the United Nations was supposed to be providing adequate transportation for the president and his team, what then will be the role of the Ambassador to United States

No I meant otherwise, prof Ogwu has that duty. Now they should have set up a committee and planned this together. The Nigerian ambassador to US could have organized the accommodation and transportation while prof Ogwu sorted the clearance and ensured everyone is adequately briefed.

She has the buk of the blame,the others should have spoken out beforehand if they see she is not taking necessary steps not assume she is on top of it all
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Splashme: 9:55am On Sep 29, 2015
Bunch of shameless liars in Aso Rock

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 29, 2015
Islamic Jihadists and their apologists in Aso Rock. Wait till this Mrs Ogwu speaks and you'll be shocked that they refused to give her access to Buhari before the said meeting. Bigots in high places.
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by kettykin: 10:22am On Sep 29, 2015
sweetgala:

No I meant otherwise, prof Ogwu has that duty. Now they should have set up a committee and planned this together. The Nigerian ambassador to US could have organized the accommodation and transportation while prof Ogwu sorted the clearance and ensured everyone is adequately briefed.

She has the buk of the blame,the others should have spoken out beforehand if they see she is not taking necessary steps not assume she is on top of it all

I did not see it that way. I have realized that this type of gaffe didn't happen under Goodluck Jonathan regime. The gaffe and the blame is purely a responsibility of the lack lustre team assembled by buhari, there was no experienced person in charge of protocols , the experienced hands were accused of being corrupt.
No competent person in charge of external affairs or foreign affairs because buhari believes ministers are just noise makers and not policy makers.

If buhari doesn't seem it right to select capable and experienced hands to work with more of this kind of flip flops and blunders should be expected with attendant bulk passing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 29, 2015
sweetgala:

Don't blame Ogwu when you don't have a minister of Foreign Affairs for more than 4 months in this era of globalization.
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 29, 2015
kettykin:

I did not see it that way. I have realized that this type of gaffe didn't happen under Goodluck Jonathan regime. The gaffe and the blame is purely a responsibility of the lack lustre team assembled by buhari, there was no experienced person in charge of protocols , the experienced hands were accused of being corrupt.
No competent person in charge of external affairs or foreign affairs because buhari believes ministers are just noise makers and not policy makers.

If buhari doesn't seem it right to select capable and experienced hands to work with more of this kind of flip flops and blunders should be expected with attendant bulk passing.
They went to New York to snap pictures.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by lionel4mercy: 10:26am On Sep 29, 2015
Several UN observers blames President Buhari for the mess, he berates the president delays in appointing ministers saying it is a major reason his UN trip failed miserably. A retired Nigerian diplomat told Saharareporters that President Buhari must have seen the folly in relying on unsupervised civil servants to run the affairs of state since he came to power.

Everybody is blaming everybody, ...

issokay..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by OfoIgbo: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2015
jabbok:
Islamic Jihadists and their apologists in Aso Rock. Wait till this Mrs Ogwu speaks and you'll be shocked that they refused to give her access to Buhari before the said meeting. Bigots in high places.

I am sure she was denied access to Buhari for two reasons
1. Buhari has shown his unwillingness to work with Igbos since he came in
2. Notice how Fayemi was sitting between Buhai and Ogwu. Fayemi has no portfolio so why on earth should he be sitting there? Almost as Buhari was distancing himself from the Igbo lady. Also it shows lack of planning, and the fact that they were more interested in photo ops
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by SuperMaq: 10:57am On Sep 29, 2015
The Presidency should have acquired the complete schedule before traveling. They were sloppy and Prof should not pay for their sins.

seunmsg:

Ambassador Joy Ogwu as Nigeria's permanent representative to the UN is saddled with the responsibility of preparing the presidents meeting schedules and itinerary during the general assembly. If it is true that she deliberately refused to include the boko haram response event in the presidents schedule, then she should not just be blamed, she should be sanctioned or removed.

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by banio: 11:31am On Sep 29, 2015
I laugh in ijaw heheheheheheheheheheheheh
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by banio: 11:42am On Sep 29, 2015
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
journerman:
Why would she be sabotaging her country. Everybody should hold up their hands and take responsibility in this, the presidency aren't blameless.
While presidency might not be blameless, but the president is not going to identify the core concept of every meetings, so the host/officier in charge (here the Prof) should hv secured all possible possibilities, install the mechanisms to make them successful &put them through accordingly.

dunkem21:
The sloppiness and tardiness exhibited by this administration is embarrassing to say the least ..
...Did you read the Prof's tenure will end this December which means he has been in the game/position not just yesterday. So he knows his stuff. Why did he allow such mess?
Afterall Barack Obama cannot navigate along Nigeria without his agents showing him where to tread or giving the safe route to navigate.

kettykin:
Laughable, APC and scapegoat mentality. Whom are they going to blame for president of West Germany and other bizarre gaffes by the president.

They have conveniently found a reason to replace the career diplomat with a prostitute.

God help Nigeria
This situation seems different, if the prof was in every respect responsible for putting them through what is important in the mission, then he bleeped up big time.
This isnt an issue of ministerial appointments or not. His/her tenure ending by December means he is versed in the field.
So maybe was really trying to sabotage, no one knows.

Every diplomat must respect his/her country, except such is a traitor. Not even party affiliation.
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by northvietnam(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
MizMyColi:
These people are just shameless.

Very Shameless Tbh.
Tufia!

When the press release came up initially, why didn't say this?
Why didn't they just tell the truth?

Bunch of insincere folks parading insincere change.
undecided
Lying Liars.
Incompetent Media Spokesmen.
lolsssssssssssss, omo this one naaah latest name for apheeeeecy , #LYINGLIARS. habaaa this name sweet me die hohohohuhuhuhuhihihihihahahahahahahaaaooooo....
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2015
luvmijeje:
What a shame!!!!! What an embarrassment. You don't need to be blind or deaf to realise it was planned to the T.
EXACTLY!, all the mis-turns and errors scream INTENTIONALITY angry
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by WailingWailer00(m): 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
sammyj:
............... grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You know who dey talk? grin
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by Yorobastard(m): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
wirinet:

Did you read the report at all or you are reading another article. It says Buhari went to the venue twice and on each occasion was taken to the wrong gate.

It is now obvious that the 5 precenters are out to embarrass the president and can do anything to achieve their aims. And someone will still criticize Buhari for being afraid ti appoint the 5 percenters in this government.

Dem talk sey if you no no the direction to where you are going ask for help...how come with all the people he went with nobody could ask for direction to the avenue...I swear this is a sabotage jus to get rid of the lady
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by sammyj: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
No bro grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Ds, who are you ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
WailingWailer00:

You know who dey talk? grin
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by aresa: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
OfoIgbo:

1. This is for Canada and not for Nigeria

2. We will also like to see the job description of a) foreign affairs minister b) foreign affair ministry c) Nigerian ambassador to the US d) Nigerian embassy in the US e) Secretary to the government of the federation f) the president, afterall he should be in charge of filling those positions with competent people

Providing the job desriptions of the above entities will help reveal whose fault this diplomatic quagmire truly is.

Duties and responsibilities of UN mission is the same all over the world.

Do they even have to tell you whose responsibility it is to brief your visiting president per UN matters?

Does it even make sense to ask embassy staffs to chaperon the president around the UN when we have permanent day to day UN mission staffs with broad knowledge of the UN, UN activities and layout of the UN grounds?

Exactly what do the embassy staffs know about the UN, UN activities and meeting locations within the UN?

Do you people have have any brains at all or you just love to play dumb and retarrded?
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by aresa: 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
SuperMaq:
The Presidency should have acquired the complete schedule before traveling. They were sloppy and Prof should not pay for their sins.

So, the UN mission people have zero obligation to do their job just because the president did not secure meeting details before getting on the plane?

Should the president also have asked them what gates at the UN to access for meetings and conferences instead of the Nigeria UN staffs taking the president to wrong gates at the UN?

Is it really by force for you people to come up with the dumbest and unintelligent garbage?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by 989900: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
I guess the death of our ambassador to the US left a big gap.
That said, this is just trying to make a mountain out of . . . .

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by wytecat: 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
You are sleep-walking man!

The woman is unprofessional and all of you won't be defending her profusely if she has nothing to lose.

amazingspiderma:

Firstly no one is a fountain of knowledge.
Secondly I have never been a law student.Knowlege is not restricted to the four walls of a classroom.
Thirdly I am not as old as you think.I wasn't even born when Buhari left office.
Lastly,if you have no constructive argument on which to base your point you don't have to call people names,it does not give people a good impression about you.
Whether Buhari or no Buhari we are still Nigerians, you could even be my brother or one of my friends in the past.
Having different points view does not make people enemies,it is also an oppourtunity to learn.
The glass is half-full or half-empty,it depends on who is looking at it.
Even if she get sacked,she cannot be jobless,the last time I checked Joy Ugwu had a Prof. before her name.
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by WailingWailer00(m): 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
sammyj:
No bro grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Ds, who are you ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Onyedika's bro, Amala
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by sweetgala(m): 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
jabbok:
Don't blame Ogwu when you don't have a minister of Foreign Affairs for more than 4 months in this era of globalization.

Minister for foreign affairs does not have a duty to organised transportation and accommodation , the Nigerian consulate in US does and the UN representative should ensure all members of the presidents entourage have the correct security clearance and are have knowledge of where they need to be and when. You'd expect a this is all planned beforehand
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by sweetgala(m): 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
989900:
I guess the death of our ambassador to the US left a big gap.
That said, this is just trying to make a mountain out of . . . .

Makes sense now, I actually forgot that, the man happened to be my cousins maternal uncle. That makes sense, a leadership vacuum in the US consulate can cause inefficiency knowing the lax attitude of Nigerian civil servants.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by sweetgala(m): 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
kettykin:

Mrs Ogwu has the magnitude of blame, her office has the duty of ensuring all members of the Nigerian party have correct security pass, correct information on where to go, what time etc The Nigerian consulate in US should be in-charge of other logistics, and team up with the UN representative. This has nothing to do with the foreign affairs rep, who just has to ensure that Buhari has all the facts when in meeting with other world leaders and representative, and assist to set up meetings as Buhari requires.
Re: Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage by fx45(m): 4:47am On Sep 30, 2015
PentiumPro:

Call it whatever you like, by human nature, she still owes whatever she is at the UN to GEJ, a man that was resoundingly trounced by PMB. grin
Prof Joy Ogwu has been Nigeria's Permanent Representative at the UN since the Obasanjo era. She's currently the Chair of the UN Security Council. From where are U attempting to smuggle GEJ into her life?

Mor0ns everywhere!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu / What’s Every Country Best At In The World? Nigeria's Will Surprise You / Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.