Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? (1944 Views)

One Main Reason Why Many Will Remain Single For A Very Long Time. / The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. / Why Do People Use Marriage As A Means To Insult Single Successful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by kinibigdeal(m): 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
Someone ask me the question today, i just felt i should generalize it. What do you think?
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
Because there's only one letter for each alphabet. It's either "M" for "Money" or "M" for "Man". A girl can have an M & M but we know it's candy, packed full of carbohydrates & calories. Not very good for the health or the figure wink

Check "male" replacement under alphabet " D " or "V" grin
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by lilmax(m): 10:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
Waiting for a more successful guy undecided
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by dulux07(m): 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
Cos most successful women tend to b more arrogant, n r not ready to b submissive to any guy. N guys aint got time for such shiit.
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by Cutehector(m): 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2015
lilmax:
Waiting for a more successful guy undecided
she will wait till thy kingdom come
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by agarawu23(m): 11:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Good question!

Some didn't make good use of their time.
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 11:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
agarawu23:
Good question!

Some didn't make good use of their time.

How can you be successful without making good use of your time

nairaland sha undecided
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by agarawu23(m): 11:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
EnigmaticEnigma:

How can you be successful without making good use of your time

nairaland sha undecided
if you want more light to my comment, ask me okay? Don't just bend your mouth like who get 'warapa'
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2015
agarawu23:
if you want more light to my comment, ask me okay? Don't just bend your mouth like who get 'warapa'

okay, shine ur tosh na undecided
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by agarawu23(m): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
EnigmaticEnigma:

okay, shine ur tosh na undecided
We all have time for things we should do and when to do them, ladies 'time' is the lowest time because once an hour is wasted, things arent ganna be how it's suppose to be.

A successful lady took all her time chasing her career and how to make it big in life but she isn't creating time for guys to walk into her life because she will blv all of em are gold diggers. If a lady make use of her time correctly, she will know when to focus more on relationship than her career and moreover no guy wants to marry a rich lady and even the rich ladies will have it In mind that they are just for money and not love (even if there is real ones among them) .

The time she is suppose to give her bf (if she have one) will be on schedule, today Dubai tomorrow Paris and no guy wanna marry a lady that will not give her attention. It's either you get married before chasing your career or chase your career and remain single.
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
Okonjo iwela is married, Chimamanda is married, Tiwa Savage is married, Mercy Johnson is married and so is a whole lot of successful women. Take a cursory look at all the successful women in the world today. Virtually all of them are married.

So? undecided
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
agarawu23:
We all have time for things we should do and when to do them, ladies 'time' is the lowest time because once an hour is wasted, things arent ganna be how it's suppose to be.

A successful lady took all her time chasing her career and how to make it big in life but she isn't creating time for guys to walk into her life because she will blv all of em are gold diggers. If a lady make use of her time correctly, she will know when to focus more on relationship than her career and moreover no guy wants to marry a rich lady and even the rich ladies will have it In mind that they are just for money and not love (even if there is real ones among them) .

The time she is suppose to give her bf (if she have one) will be on schedule, today Dubai tomorrow Paris and no guy wanna marry a lady that will not give her attention. It's either you get married before chasing your career or chase your career and remain single.

Beyonce would be rolling around now in her gracia sheets, smh undecided

So are we now saying that women shouldn't chase success That they should be submissive career wise as well

I get were you're coming from though as it may seem hard-ER relating with a girl that has more money in the bank than her guy, but that in no way should be the fault of the driven woman, but the blame should rest on the male ego.

Successful men also give their time to their careers, fly everywhere for meetings and still date.

The real enemy here is the male ego.
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by ronald4lif(m): 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
Many men feel intimidated by women who have more money, budding career and social class than they are. An average man would always want to have dominion over women and successful women would hardly be a push over.

Some successful women aren't actually bothered about being single, they love it and never want a committed relationship. To some, the burden of marriage would impede their career progression by the time they start raising a family, taking care of kids and the maternity break. They just want a seamless progress to the apex of their career and business.

Successful women preference of men is not the ordinary and everyday choices of the normal lady out there. They usually want hardworking, successful men who up to their caste and socio-economic level. This is strenuous as such men equally don't want women they can't have a control over. Only a handful of men would want a woman who are widely believed to be inacquiescent and obstinate.

And common sense should tell an average successful woman might not be as respectful and submissive to the male ego. Studies indeed have it that the rise of women's independence, innovation and success is a major factor to high rate of divorce. In the past a woman would swallow whatever a man dish out to her coz they depend on them and had no other source of livelihood but today all that has changed.

Women are major players in top corporations and are important force to global economy and such women who have worked hard to attain success would not entertain the thought of staying beneath a man's authority and ruling.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
No no no no ! Don't generalize till you've a standing survey cos I could as well say I know too many successful women who're happily married smiley
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by kinibigdeal(m): 12:35am On Sep 29, 2015
Which means?

PunkyVeer:
Because there's only one letter for each alphabet. It's either "M" for "Money" or "M" for "Man". A girl can have an M & M but we know it's candy, packed full of carbohydrates & calories. Not very good for the health or the figure wink

Check "male" replacement under alphabet " D " or "V" grin
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by kinibigdeal(m): 12:36am On Sep 29, 2015
The percentage is minimal

pinceprinz:
No no no no ! Don't generalize till you've a standing survey cos I could as well say I know too many successful women who're happily married smiley
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by kinibigdeal(m): 12:37am On Sep 29, 2015
I agree
ronald4lif:
Many men feel intimidated by women who have more money, budding career and social class than they are. An average man would always want to have dominion over women and successful women would hardly be a push over.

Some successful women aren't actually bothered about being single, they love it and never want a committed relationship. To some, the burden of marriage would impede their career progression by the time they start raising a family, taking care of kids and the maternity break. They just want a seamless progress to the apex of their career and business.

Successful women preference of men is not the ordinary and everyday choices of the normal lady out there. They usually want hardworking, successful men who up to their caste and socio-economic level. This is strenuous as such men equally don't want women they can't have a control over. Only a handful of men would want a woman who are widely believed to be inacquiescent and obstinate.

And common sense should tell an average successful woman might not be as respectful and submissive to the male ego. Studies indeed have it that the rise of women's independence, innovation and success is a major factor to high rate of divorce. In the past a woman would swallow whatever a man dish out to her coz they depend on them and had no other source of livelihood but today all that has changed.

Women are major players in top corporations and are important force to global economy and such women who have worked hard to attain success would not entertain the thought of staying beneath a man's authority and ruling.
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 29, 2015
kinibigdeal:
The percentage is minimal

I wasn't thinking local man, I was thinking global. Till you've a survey, you can't be too sure with what you're saying ,what faces you might be turning it's back on me bro smiley
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by kinibigdeal(m): 12:41am On Sep 29, 2015
Probably you will need to dig into okonjo iweala personal life. Her children are grown up, which means she must have marry before having such fame. As for mercy johnson and the other celebrity you cited, i wouldnt want to comment about them
PinkBarbie:
Okonjo iwela is married, Chimamanda is married, Tiwa Savage is married, Mercy Johnson is married and so is a whole lot of successful women. Take a cursory look at all the successful women in the world today. Virtually all of them are married.

So? undecided
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 29, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Which means?

Which means, they choose careers over romance.
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by jonaifame22(m): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2015
Successful women appear to be people who have all they need it is beleived that she may nt be submissive to the man
Re: Why Do Many Successful Women Remain Single? by kinibigdeal(m): 8:25am On Sep 29, 2015
Noted!
PunkyVeer:

Which means, they choose careers over romance.

(1) (Reply)

What Makes Sex Hotter / AKA 7 Nairanlanders You Admire / Rate This Hilarious Valentine Day Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.