Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah (6169 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / Obasanjo, IBB, Danjuma, Others Running Nigeria With Buhari - Pat Utomi / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by eyesofgod: 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jorussia:
what about the urhobo's?
En hen, what about them?
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by kodlins(f): 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
Get your facts right.

VP was not there. I bet you just lifted your information from Twitter
SenseiX:
At the platform today, Bishop Kukah and Pat Utomi were both keynote speakers, while speaking the Bishop said "my friend Pat Utomi whose name is on the ministerial list, Utomi then looked at the floor in coy embarrassment ". VP Osinbajo was also present when the statement was made.
Bishop Kukah is in a position to know so i'm inclined to believe him.
So far Utomi and Fashola are the only nominees i'm excited to see deliver.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by kodlins(f): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

Exactly, I like Utomi very much but i'm Deltan and I know the very delicate balancing required to manage the complex ethnic divisions there. With the State governor, CBN governor, NNPC GMD and now minister coming from just one part of the state, it might reignite those tensions.

All those years that the Anioma people were neglected nko??

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Marotzke(m): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

Vice President Osinbajo was present when Kukah made that statement today at the platform. It has to be legit, Kachikwu was nominated but he'll serve just as Minister Of State Petroleum along with NNPC GMD, so not really a substantive minister.
A state can have two nominees I think, Rivers had Nyesom Wike and Ama Pepple, Jigawa had Ruquayattu Rufai and Nurudeen Mohammed, Delta had NOI and Orubebe.
It is however weird though that both Utomi and Kachikwu come from the same part of Delta.
You took a whole lot of issues out of context. One, Osinbajo did not draw the list, and also not privy to it. So he could not correct Kukah, if the good bishop was wrong. His presence does not validate any gaffe made by Bishop Kukah. Secondly during PDP reign, States and geopolitical zones nominate individuals for ministerial appointments. Making a total of 42 ministers. With buhari already claiming that 36 is too much a number for ministers, the chances of Utomi making the ministerial list is minimal.

Correction, Nyesom Wike, was Rivers nominee for ministerial post, while Ama pepple was south south nominee. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the south east nominee for minister. Not Delta state. Pepple already got south south.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by freshness2020: 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:
At the platform today, Bishop Kukah and Pat Utomi were both keynote speakers, while speaking the Bishop said "my friend Pat Utomi whose name is on the ministerial list, Utomi then looked at the floor in coy embarrassment ". VP Osinbajo was also present when the statement was made .
Bishop Kukah is in a position to know so i'm inclined to believe him.
So far Utomi and Fashola are the only nominees i'm excited to see deliver.
Bros you can lie o o ..is it the platform I attended or the supplementary one!
..that interview you watched wasn't live. Try get your fact right before posting. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by eyesofgod: 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jorussia:
I know that brother, but,Delta state is a very sensitive state when it comes to issue of senatorial districts.

The problem of Delta state is far beyond who does/doesn't become a minister. The state need special deliverance from the vice grip of incompetent politicians. Imagine a state where a former abbatoir worker, a retired agbero, and a political thug with a questionable degree presides as the speaker of the house.
So bro, our problems are beyond who become ministers.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
Lets wait for the Senate, then all rumor will be laid to rest

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by sunnyb0b0(m): 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2015
989900:
I rate Henry Boyo highly, but he is not a politician, plus he is a critique/radical, but I've not listened to anyone who understands our economy better than he does.

Have you listened to Soludo?
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by sunnyb0b0(m): 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

Vice President Osinbajo was present when Kukah made that statement today at the platform. It has to be legit, Kachikwu was nominated but he'll serve just as Minister Of State Petroleum along with NNPC GMD, so not really a substantive minister.
A state can have two nominees I think, Rivers had Nyesom Wike and Ama Pepple, Jigawa had Ruquayattu Rufai and Nurudeen Mohammed, Delta had NOI and Orubebe.
It is however weird though that both Utomi and Kachikwu come from the same part of Delta.

NOI was representing Abia state.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by networkrecharg: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
LET THE WORK START.....

[size=30pt]AM HAPPY FOR ROTIMI AMAECHI. DESPITE ALL WITCH-HUNTING FALSE PROPAGANDA AGAINST HIM, HE MADE THE LIST[/size].
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by meforyou1(m): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
asha80:
Kachikwu and utomi are from the same state
u can have 2 ministers from the same state.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by meforyou1(m): 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
networkrecharg:
LET THE WORK START.....

[size=30pt]AM HAPPY FOR ROTIMI AMAECHI. DESPITE ALL WITCH-HUNTING FALSE PROPAGANDA AGAINST HIM, HE MADE THE LIST[/size].
the list is not yet out.
And being on the list doesn't mean the person is automatically a minister.
Senate can still reject the person

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by meforyou1(m): 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
freshness2020:

Bros you can lie o o ..is it the platform I attended or the supplementary one!
..that interview you watched wasn't live. Try get your fact right before posting. Thank you.
I watched it too. The interview was live on channels tv
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by NaijirianKing: 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
CBN MD is not a ministerial appointment.

Kyase:

"atleast one minister in a state" so it can be 20 in one state;
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by meforyou1(m): 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
Marotzke:
You took a whole lot of issues out of context. One, Osinbajo did not draw the list, and also not privy to it. So he could not correct Kukah, if the good bishop was wrong. His presence does not validate any gaffe made by Bishop Kukah. Secondly during PDP reign, States and geopolitical zones nominate individuals for ministerial appointments. Making a total of 42 ministers. With buhari already claiming that 36 is too much a number for ministers, the chances of Utomi making the ministerial list is minimal.

Correction, Nyesom Wike, was Rivers nominee for ministerial post, while Ama pepple was south south nominee. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the south east nominee for minister. Not Delta state. Pepple already got south south.
I will find it baffling if the Vice President of the Federal Republic is not privy to the ministerial list.
And ministers are selected from states not regions, so it wrong of you on Ama Pepple. U are right on Okonjo Iweala though. Women tend to have 2 states of origin. Where their fathers are from or where they are married to. Like Bukola Saraki's sister that contested for both senate and gubernatorial in kwara while she is married to an Oyo man.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by meforyou1(m): 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2015
NaijirianKing:

MD NNPC. U are right though
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

NOI represents Abia State and never Delta State at any time.

During OBJ tenure, she also represented Abia State

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by NavierStokes(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
meforyou1:
I will find it baffling if the Vice President of the Federal Republic is not privy to the ministerial list.
And ministers are selected from states not regions, so it wrong of you on Ama Pepple. U are right on Okonjo Iweala though. Women tend to have 2 states of origin. Where their fathers are from or where they are married to. Like Bukola Saraki's sister that contested for both senate and gubernatorial in kwara while she is married to an Oyo man.
The guy is correct it has been done, one minister from each state and one for each geopolitical zone, and Ama Pepple occupied the ss geopolitical zone's slot, already, that brings the total number to 42. So 6 states produce 2 ministers and others produce a minister each.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Kyase(m): 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
NaijirianKing:

yes sir, but wasnt referring to that boss
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by BALLOSKI: 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
BUHARI's economic team go mad.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by BALLOSKI: 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
meforyou1:
the list is not yet out.
And being on the list doesn't mean the person is automatically a minister.
Senate can still reject the person
rejected by who? You know all the Apc senators will go for Amaechi, so having the 'nays' from the disgruntled pdp elements won't hold sway.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by kodlins(f): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2015
meforyou1:
I watched it too. The interview was live on channels tv

The interview was recorded bro
I wa at Igamu today
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Marotzke(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

NOI represents Abia State and never Delta State at any time.

During OBJ tenure, she also represented Abia State
during Obj tenure, NOI represented Abia state. But during GEJ's, the minister that represented Abia was Emeka Wogu. NOI represented the south east geopolitical zone.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by mikolo80: 12:28am On Oct 02, 2015
Kyase:

"atleast one minister in a state" so it can be 20 in one state;
must reflect federal xter also
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Zeus777: 12:52am On Oct 02, 2015
M
SenseiX:

am an irregular contributor to this site but thank u for reaffirming one thing about this forum.. It's not worth it ! Cos one would just b reading outright LIES and nonsensical comments from very childish individuals ( childish either age wise or mental faculty)... Imagine! U are stating that the vp osinbajo was present at that programme held in Lagos today while he wasn't present at ALL. I guess u were sitting side by side with him in one of the toilets somewhere around the hall cos Within that hall I and definitely every sane person didn't see him
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by 989900: 12:53am On Oct 02, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Have you listened to Soludo?

I have.

Have you listened to both extensively?

BTW, Soludo's CBN was almost a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:46am On Oct 02, 2015
989900:

I have.

Have you listened to both extensively?

BTW, Soludo's CBN was almost a disaster waiting to happen.

Can you throw more light?
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Kyase(m): 6:11am On Oct 02, 2015
mikolo80:
must reflect federal xter also
ok boss
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by cuteboy2: 7:45am On Oct 02, 2015
989900:
I rate Henry Boyo highly, but he is not a politician, plus he is a critique/radical, but I've not listened to anyone who understands our economy better than he does.

True. Very true.

Henry Boyo writes an economic column in Vanguard. He has never failed to draw attention to the weird exchange rate system we operate in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by 989900: 9:46am On Oct 02, 2015
cuteboy2:

True. Very true.

Henry Boyo writes an economic column in Vanguard. He has never failed to draw attention to the weird exchange rate system we operate in Nigeria.

You'll enjoy watching his interviews too . . . they are on YouTube.
There is one where he totally ripped apart one of them deputy CBN governor and MD Ecobank on Channels TV -- made them feel like 'freshers'.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by 989900: 9:54am On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2015
989900:

http://saharareporters.com/2010/03/10/soludo-solution-vs-sanusi-sanitization

That's too banal. Are you Comrade Ikenna Osuwa? If not, why refer me to someone's personal analysis and view?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Declares Magnus Abe Winner Of Rivers South East Senatorial Rerun Election / Eastern Security Network Dislodges Fulanis From Ozibo Community, Ebonyi State / AMCON Gets ₦1.6 Billion Funds Recovered By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.