Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah (6169 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / Obasanjo, IBB, Danjuma, Others Running Nigeria With Buhari - Pat Utomi / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by 989900: 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

That's too banal. Are you Comrade Ikenna Osuwa? If not, why refer me to someone's personal analysis and view?

Can you attack the message instead?

Call out the lies . . .
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by sunnyb0b0(m): 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
989900:

Can you attack the message instead?

Call out the lies . . .
g
Before we get down to the nitty gritty of comparing Soludo to Sanusi, can we gave their cvs placed side by side.

I'll start with Prof's

Sunnybobo3:
I believe that God has a purpose and a plan for everyone. From my very humble beginnings, it is only through the grace of God that I could have earned a Distinction grade at the secondary school; a B.Sc (First Class Honours) (Economics); an M.Sc. and a Ph.D (Economics) winning Departmental, Faculty and University awards as best graduating student at the University of Nigeria. I had cumulative four years of post-doctoral training and research in some of the world’s best institutions including the Brookings Institution, Washington, DC; University of Oxford, UK; University of Warwick, UK; Cambridge University as Smuts scholar; UN Economic Commission for Africa; the IMF Research Department, etc. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (FCIB); Fellow of the Nigerian Economic Society (FNES), and awarded Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) (Honoris Causa) from three Universities. 

I was visiting Associate Professor at Swarthmore College, USA, and promoted Professor of Economics at the age of 38 (University of Nigeria, Nsukka). I lived and worked in Ethiopia, U.K., and the USA and travelled to 45 other countries before joining Government in 2003. As consultant to 18 international organizations (including the World Bank, IMF, OECD Paris, European Union, African Union, USAID, UK-DFID, ADB, IBM Consulting, USA; IDRC Canada; Chemonics International, USA;  United Nations, UNIDO, ECOWAS, COMESA, CODESRIA, UNCTAD; AERC Nairobi) I garnered wide ranging experiences and knowledge. I was also the founding Executive Director of the African Institute for Applied Economics, Enugu. I have to my credit over 80 scholarly publications, 15 books, and over 250 monographs, conference papers and public lectures.

At the Federal Government (2003 – 2009), I held five substantive positions: Chief Economic Adviser to the President; Deputy Chairman/Chief Executive of the National Planning Commission (of ministerial rank by law); Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria; Chairman, Nigeria Security Printing and Minting Company (NSPM), Plc; Founder and Chairman, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), as well as membership of more than 25 technical/policy committees. These assignments saw us draft the Government’s reform agenda (National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy, NEEDS); massively restructured nonperforming government institutions; rebuilt the CBN and NSPM; revolutionalized the Nigerian banking/financial system; set up a new international financial institution, AFC, and helped to steer the Nigerian economy away from the global financial crisis. For these accomplishments, I have been decorated with scores of awards, including being awarded the African and Global Central Bank Governor of the year, 2006 by the Banker (Financial Times) and the Financial Times of London has described me as “a great reformer”. The Federal Government has conferred the third highest national honour (Commander of the Federal Republic, CFR) on me in 2006--- in recognition of accomplished performance.

Recently, I have served as a member of the United Nations Commission of Experts on the Global Economic and Financial Crisis. Also, I have served as a member of the International Advisory Group for the UK- DFID, and still member of the 7- man Chief Economist Advisory Council of the World Bank.  Immediately after completing my tenure of office as Governor of the Central Bank, I have accepted three international offers.

I served the Federal Government of Nigeria under two Presidents and below are excerpts of what each had to say about my services to Nigeria:

“Charles Soludo is a true Nigerian. He is the sort of Nigerian that we all know we can rely on. Among his numerous virtues is COURAGE. I have found in him a man who can take tough and realistic decisions, stand his ground, educate others on the salience of his decision, and work very hard to ensure that the decision is efficiently and effectively implemented. His dedication to duty is first rate. His leadership qualities are admirable and his willingness to listen and learn is simply infectious.
Professor Soludo has within a short time emerged as one of the leading lights of our nation. Not because he has a godfather but by sheer hard work, loyalty, dedication to duty, commitment to the nation, creativity, and undiluted association with the reform agenda, ”. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR (December, 2004)

President Yar’Adua had the following the say about the CBN under my leadership:

“… the CBN has performed creditably well in delivering on its core mandates. This is especially even more so in the last five years. Most people would agree that without the successful banking consolidation and effective management of our foreign reserves, the current global crisis would have shaken the financial system and our national economy to their foundations with calamitous consequences”; President Yar’Adua (May 2009).

In the President’s letter of commendation after completion of my tenure of office, the President had the following to say:

“As your tenure as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria comes to a glorious end, I write on behalf of the Government and people of Nigeria to place on record our debt of gratitude to you for your dedicated service and uncommon sense of duty over the past five years. I am confident that your worthy antecedents in the CBN and in prior appointments in the service of our nation remain sources of inspiration to an entire generation. As I wish you even more astounding successes in the years ahead, it is my fervent hope that you will readily avail us of your distinguished service when the need arises in the future” (June 2009).
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by 989900: 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
g
Before we get down to the nitty gritty of comparing Soludo to Sanusi, can we gave their cvs placed side by side.

I'll start with Prof's

Really? CV absolves you of shortcomings in the adequate/efficient discharge of duties these days?
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by sunnyb0b0(m): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
989900:

Really? CV absolves you of shortcomings in the adequate/efficient discharge of duties these days?

Which duties did he not discharge efficiently?

Don't post a link to a hatcher job here. That Nigeria now has banks that can compete with global banks in terms of financial billion dollar projects at least here in Nigeria is only thanks to Soludo.

What value did Sanusi add to our banking system apart from noise making, vendetta and stealing other people's sweat. What role did he in conjunction with Saraki play in the demise of Intercontinental bank.

What mark has he made in economics and banking in the global stage?
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by 989900: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Don't post a link to a hatcher job here. That Nigeria now has banks that can compete with global banks in terms of financial billion dollar projects at least here in Nigeria is only thanks to Soludo.

What value did Sanusi add to our banking system apart from noise making, vendetta and stealing other people's sweat. What role did he in conjunction with Saraki play in the demise of Intercontinental bank.

Did you read that article?

Soludo as a regulator didn't do his job. He was actually accused of being in bed with bank MDs -- read the article again.

Read about the oceanic bank scandal and Soludo's competence or lack of.

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by 989900: 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Banking consolidation introduced by Professor Soludo, shortly after becoming Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, should actually be called Con-SOLUDO-tion.
iweala-and-soludo1It was a great swindle as a result of which millions of Nigerians, including traders, teachers, pensioners, accounts holders with banks, were lured into the capital market to buy shares from con men and women who Soludo praised continuously until Sanusi blew the whistle on the monumental scam in 2009.
Today, shares which sold for N70+ and N50+, while Soludo and the banks conspired to deceive us, are on offer for N10 or less. Millions of Nigerians lost trillions – while Soludo’s friends (Directors and Chief Executive officers of the banks) literally stole depositors and shareholders funds.
Yet, in his reply to Okonjo-Iweala’s, admittedly self-serving rejoinder, after claiming credit for everything which went well as a result of Con-SOLUDO-tion, he did not once mention the trillions lost by shareholders, the bankers now facing prosecution or the one who had been convicted – and, after plea bargain, kept half the loot.
He also failed to recognize that he left 25 banks he told us were healthy. But, today, Intercontinental, Oceanic, BankPHB, Afribank, no longer exist. Yet all these were banks whose MDs were winning awards as “Bankers of the Year”. So when Soludo lists all the awards he won, he deliberately omitted to reveal to the readers that the accolades came before the truth about the banking catastrophe was known to the whole world in 2009
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by networkrecharg: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
meforyou1:
the list is not yet out.
And being on the list doesn't mean the person is automatically a minister.
Senate can still reject the person

[size=23pt]AMAECHI CAN NOT BE REJECTED...[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Declares Magnus Abe Winner Of Rivers South East Senatorial Rerun Election / Eastern Security Network Dislodges Fulanis From Ozibo Community, Ebonyi State / AMCON Gets ₦1.6 Billion Funds Recovered By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.