Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah (18851 Views)

Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari / Buhari, Osinbajo Declare Assets / Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by dokJ: 9:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Kuka d political Bishop.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 02, 2015
free2ryhme:
My dear Bishop, you always confuse me especially when I remember you are a Bishop and should be able to call sin sin. I don't understand what you mean by saying that many good people in Nigeria are doing bad things? Pray Bishop what is that? Each time you wander into the political arena , you always make a controversial statement. I know we are all sinners but when you say many good people are doing bad things, I sincerely become confused cause I don't get it. If you are a good person, why will you be doing bad things? The fact that you are doing bad things makes you a bad person. Somebody should please rescue me from this tautology.
From your POV, then we are all bad people... What he is trying to insinuate is that many people with good consciences actually do bad things. It doesn't make them bad people because what is bad depends on the individual in question and his conscience. Bad people have no conscience.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by MadCow1: 9:02am On Oct 02, 2015
Dear Bishop,

Please go back to the alter and leave politics alone.

Buharis ministers "MUST" declare their assets before the Code of Conduct Bereau as is mandatory by Law, however the decision to make their asset declaration public is strictly at their sole discretion.

However, any member of the Public who wishes to find out the contents of a particular Ministers asset declaration form can exercise his 'Freedom of Information" rights as contained in the "FOI bill" that was signed into law by Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (Whom I am sure you are familiar with from the many credit alert you got from his government).

Thanks for stopping by Oga Bishop.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by jayriginal: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2015

“Corrupt people are not necessarily bad people. A lot of them are not bad people because they do a lot of good things. But we live in a country where too many good people are doing too many bad things.” - Kukah

Some people must talk sha. Where is the sense in the above statement. How can a good person do too many bad things? What does a bad person do then?
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by maestroferddi: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2015
kodlins:
Bishop Kukah really delivered a great lecture yesterday.

Every single person in the auditorium gave an overwhelming applause and standing ovation.

He was my best speaker. Seconded by Mrs Bolanle Peters.

How come you didn't pick Prof Pat Utomi?

I thought I was the only one who found his speech banal and boring...

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by bomasek(m): 9:05am On Oct 02, 2015
I wonder if it's necessary for a self acclaimed MOG to spearhead agenda setting in Nigeria. I believe he should rather face his pastoral calling than political activism
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by iretiland: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2015
But Kukah wanted Jonathan left alone. Where did this man takes his wisdom from?
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by castel428: 9:07am On Oct 02, 2015
Bolade005:
I agree with the public declaration of assets, they all should be compelled to do so but telling them their children must school in Nigeria is pure nonsense.

So because my father is a minister I should be denied the opportunity to get educated at one of the best schools in the world?, father better not accept the post then. Rubbish talk.

Btw, who is this Mr Kukah?
ar u serious @who is Mr Kukah?ar u a Nigerian?who does not know tha renowned cleric who never feel intimidated to stand 4 d truth right frm obj regime in oputa panel.mehn if spend a minute with this Bishop ur mentality abt Nigeria wil automaticaly change.was opportuned to schl in sokoto,was there when he was installed as the Bishop of Sokoto diocese,u need to see how the Muslims filled the arena u wld thnk that it was a muslim Iman instead of bishop that was being installed.his close friend His Eminence Sultan Abubakar of Sokoto evn had to release his boys quater for the bishop guests who came late wen the accomodation in the hotels were filled up.he teased Sultan for stealing his show because because their common friend the Obi of Onitcha chose to stay at Sultan's instead of Bishop's quaters.dnt let those haters who know nothng abt Kukah tell u otherwise;His Lordship Most Rev.Kukah is the only true statesman that Nigeria can ever have,the Pride of Christianity,his religious tolerance is unqual no wonder he is always on the Pope's top list of the delegates of conflict resolution to countries troubled with religious conflicts.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by demoore1(m): 9:08am On Oct 02, 2015
shiinihost:
Listening to this man speak yesterday at the platform, i became ashamed of my faith. Kukah and his likes are some of the persons holding Nigeria sway.
You do not have faith to be ashamed of. You crazy idiot.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by bjdon: 9:09am On Oct 02, 2015
eazysmiles:
I think I agree with him.

But wait... wetin happen to you when you were saying things about the probe of the last administration. You were not yourself then, right?

Welcome back cool

A lot of people did not really get the gist of what he was saying a while ago. In effect what he was saying, was that by all means problem GEJ's govt, but stop the witch hunting in the media. He's been justified to some degree when you see some ex GEJ ministers getting international appointments, yet the same people were being scandalized by the APC supporting media with NO EVIDENCE being presented against them. In Nigeria we just love to do trial by media and rumor, but of course only when it suits us. The same people who are happy to stone Ngozi based on nothing more than media speculation, are happy to have Amechi and Fashola as ministers, even though CONCRETE corruption allegations have been made against them.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2015
exactly.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by cbaba: 9:11am On Oct 02, 2015
Would. Have beenn there but the boko haram fear no gree me. U guys were too much and too young and vibrant. Imagine what if....can i get transcripts of everyone that spoke.
kodlins:

Every single person in the auditorium gave an overwhelming applause and standing ovation.

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2015
Aminat508:

Source:http://www.punchng.com/politics/buharis-ministers-must-declare-assets-publicly-kukah/
Where was Rev. Kukah during the corrupt administration of Jonathan
Somebody should help me tell this man to face his buzinez and allow PMB to do his work. I don't know why all these Pro-Jonathan Reverends have become advisors to PMB. Where were there when the previous administrations where looting our resources.
For him to insist that PMB's Ministers' children be denied schooling in Universities outside Nigeria, I say rubbish! Rubbish talk!
He can as well start donating all the Church monies to the Federal government, if at all, he is serious with his counsel.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 02, 2015
Corruption is not solely stealing and stealing is corrupt but not corruption. The corruption in the system called nigeria is the lack of consequences of being corrupt and the ease at which the corrupt carry out their nefarious acts. Also, a nation like nigeria sponsors its poverty, something i don't expect you to know...well thats the game. Lust of money/material is what drives the modern world, and its the reason why lowly peasants like you focus emphasis on the trumped up figures and monetary values as 'corruption' and leave the critical issues
AndroBlaze:

Anyone who steals (which is what corruption is) from a nation like Nigeria where one is surrounded by abject poverty CAN NEVER be a good person!! Never!!

These ministers should learn from the God they claim to serve, if he made sure his only begotten son was not born to a king/rich man, but to a lowly carpeneter, no MOG will ever be able to tell me the lust for money/material things is not wrong. They should learn to use their Bibles and common sense when they talk.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by sirmmykay(m): 9:14am On Oct 02, 2015
me personally will appreciate if d so called spiritual fathers will try nd stay away frm all dis political question dt wil mk pple to talk to them anyhow. I think it wil be good if dey cn learn of pastor Adeboye, kumuyi (not always on d news), mountain of fire G.O etc
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by maestroferddi: 9:16am On Oct 02, 2015
drss:

Bishop kuka is one of d best if not d best speakers in Nigeria.
The revered bishop has without doubt the proverbial gift of the garb.

He is a public speaker's reliable reference.

A rousing speech delivered in such a captivating manner. Total command of the audience. Apt references. Apposite supporting information. Intelligent use of good punch lines and humour. 98% score.

The bishop is a scholarly intellectual. He saved the day yesterday after Pat Utomi drab and underwhelming presentation.

I will be looking out for his speech CDs if they are available.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by bjdon: 9:16am On Oct 02, 2015
jayriginal:

Some people must talk sha. Where is the sense in the above statement. How can a good person do too many bad things? What does a bad person do then?

What he's saying is that the Nigerian System makes people corrupt, even if they are good by Nature. My brother if you've never been in a govt position you will not know how hard it is. The corruption is all pervasive and all around you. There was story recently of a solider who was deployed to the Niger Detla, when they where out on patrol and encountered some oil smugglers, he witnessed his superior officer collect bribe from the smugglers. The officer proceeded to divide out the bribe among the men, and this soilder did not want to take his share. He was told in very clear terms that if he does not join in, then it means he can't be trusted.... you know what that means. In a country where the system works, that solider would have the confidence to go and report the matter to the Military police, but of course we all know he can't do that in Nigeria. So eventually the solider accept his share of the bribe. That is a clear example of a good person, being corrupted by the system. It is a very sad fact.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by emerged01(m): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2015
“Corrupt people are not necessarily bad people. A
lot of them are not bad people because they do a
lot of good things. But we live in a country where
too many good people are doing too many bad
things.”

how can a man of God uttered such words? walahi! I dey vex for this man. A corrupt man is a bad man. If you are good you won't kill people's destiny through act of corruption.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by sweatlana: 9:23am On Oct 02, 2015
webshopng1:
Amen my bishop.

But what happens wen they lie about it undecided

Then they go to jail. Simple

Because people will investigate what ever they declare
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by bokohalal(m): 9:24am On Oct 02, 2015
If corrupt people are not bad people then corruption is not bad.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by Dankota: 9:27am On Oct 02, 2015
If you steal and build a school for a community, sunk a borehole, build an industry that creates employment all these are good and you should be commended but all that does not make you a good person. You are a bad man that did a good work and should be punish for stealing.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by adaweezy(m): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2015
kodlins:

So Pius adesanmi no dey your list
Mediocrity at it's peak....

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by abu12: 9:35am On Oct 02, 2015
[size=15pt]dat kukah man is confused, he is tryin 2 look good in d eyes of d public, but he is getting more messier

If corrupt people are not necessarily bad people, who are the people in the society?
This man most av lead thousand of his follower astray [/size]
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by alexvatt(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2015
corruption everywhere even among religious leaders. the same kukah that asked buhari not to probe jonathan.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by greatest31: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2015
skak:
Why your name is not on #TheList?

That means you are also currupt

I dont listen to currupt people

I can see a lot of people don't respect themselves again, be careful the way you talk to ordained man of God. He is not a pastor that you can insult anyhow. If you don't know, read and research to respect an ordained bishop. He is not a general overseer or acclaimed bishop.

He is not a politician that is looking for appointment.

Be guided.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by senorita(f): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2015
This is probably one of the best speeches i have heard a Nigerian clergy man make! I had to check again that this man was really who he said he was.I particularly like the fact that he said ,because the nation is packed with churches and mosques don't mean we are morally functioning! The biggest places to find hypocrites are our churches and mosques.I also agree with his say that Nigerian ministers must be made to declare their assets publicly by Buhari,some of the ministers (who can be found here
http://www.naijaqueenolofofo.com/2015/10/names-on-nigeria-ministerial-list.html )
are some of the best we have in Nigeria in terms of their knowledge in governance,but some of them also have a coma,Amaechi for example has always been plagued by tales of corruption,where there is constant rumour,there usually is an ounce of truth.The ministerial Nigeria list has got me so excited cos i know it will determine where Nigeria ends up in the next decade.I really hope the ministerial list lives up to our expectations.But once again kudos to the clergy man Kukah,he as really impressed me.I wonder if he will accept a Nigeria Ministerial role if appointed? Won't be so bad would it if we have a man like that at the helms of power?
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by henryhemon(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2015
shiinihost:
Listening to this man speak yesterday at the platform, i became ashamed of my faith. Kukah and his likes are some of the persons holding Nigeria sway.

Kukah was quiet during gej's tenure,didnt demand that gej's ministers declare their asset,few months ago he said Pmb shouldn't talk about probe, and he is a 'so called man of God', shame on him. Maybe he was getting the largesse orisejiafor's CAN under gej's administration,now he wont get it again.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by greatest31: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2015
emerged01:
“Corrupt people are not necessarily bad people. A
lot of them are not bad people because they do a
lot of good things. But we live in a country where
too many good people are doing too many bad
things.”

how can a man of God uttered such words? walahi! I dey vex for this man. A corrupt man is a bad man. If you are good you won't kill people's destiny through act of corruption.

Sleep and wake up then you will be able to digest the statement. Don't rush to comment.

Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by freshkik(m): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2015
kodlins:

was there yesterday in iganmu
,ur ryt... pat utomi, the funny mr pius where motivating too

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by ushafe(m): 9:56am On Oct 02, 2015
Bolade005:
I agree with the public declaration of assets, they all should be compelled to do so but telling them their children must school in Nigeria is pure nonsense.

So because my father is a minister I should be denied the opportunity to get educated at one of the best schools in the world?, father better not accept the post then. Rubbish talk.

Btw, who is this Mr Kukah?
I think u got it wrong, if my father is a minister or a public office holder and the children school aboard that tells the public he dont believe in the system he is benefiting from, is the problem of public institutions today because their children are in Nigeria they dont care about what happens to public sectors, look at former akea ibom gov. Claimed to build a world class hospital bt he could not take treatment there.
Re: Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah by shalomp: 9:57am On Oct 02, 2015
banio:
Funny Nigerians. Did PMB declare his assets, that U are now saying his ministers shud declare theirs. Was it not his media aid that wrote some lines and some say that's their President declaring his assets. Later PMB will say he never made any asset declaration to the public as his party said PMB did not promise anything within 100days.
Moreover what Garuba did is not asset declaration, the worth of each asset not stated. Is PMB scared to state that his Asokoro Mansion is worth billions of naire.

Thank you very much! I don't know why Nigerians failed to see this, why the media is keeping quite on this? why the opposition is letting this slip by? Honestly this PDP spokesperson need to go and learn work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Dialogue, Niger Delta Problems Already Known, Says Buhari / Buhari’s Certificate Saga Suits Now 10 / Fashola Inspects Ikeja Transmission Station, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.