Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" - TV/Movies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" (31133 Views)

“Laide Bakare – My Xperience” Reality Show By Laide Bakare / "koko Mansion" What A Show! / Nu Metro Cinema, FCT, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by HC: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2009
its a pity that our so-called celebrities dont hire PR managers or should i say advicers. You'll never see someone like diddy, jayz, kanye west or even MJ (RIP) organise such a crappy show. I have to be honest with you guys, i dont watch the show; but from the clips i have seen on youtube, especially a girl called 'rita', i feel its just a waste of airtime, money and resources. Maybe dbanj should learn from foreign artistes and do something much more creative with his time.

When i first heard about the show, it sounded like 'Girls of the playboy mansion' or did dbanj try to copy the old man? Come on dbanj, alot of people respect you,
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by sugabelle: 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2009
Me, I've only seen a few bits of the show, in total, not more than three or four hours. I certainly don't stay glued to it from 9-9 everyday. It doesn't take five minutes of watching to know that it leaves much to be desired. I'd rather watch grass grow, than Koko show. tongue
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by philip0906(m): 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
sugabelle,so u r still hovering around this thread shocked :oi thought u were calling it a sham?then u should simply move on as there r lots of topics 2 choose 4rm rather than hang around this particular thread.2moro u will still watch it and come here and criticise the show. tongue
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by philip0906(m): 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2009
@posters
the name of the game is money.and D'banj knows that coupled with the recession.He's got 2 make all the money he is supposed 2.atleast he is better than that fool called 2face who chooses 2 impregnate girls here and there.instead of u'all criticising the show,u all should take a cue from the koKo master's business acumen grin.The guy is a business man,an entertainer and u just name it.like I said,whether u guys crash nairaland with ur comments or not,The bloke is simply going 2 pocket nothing less than a staggering 15million naira(2 much money) from this show.I need money 2 nd I'm looking for good ways 2 make money and I assure u guys,I've learnt one or two things from the show.so its up 2 u guys 2 keep watching the show and come here and yarn dust,change the channel or enjoy the show grin grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by maedan(f): 1:41am On Jul 21, 2009
Blind reasoning.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by philip0906(m): 1:46am On Jul 21, 2009
maedan:

Blind reasoning.
of course it is blind reasoning.u've watched and enjoyed the show and now it is blind reasoning. grin grin.just tell me ow d'u c d show?isn't it a gud show? cheesy grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by mbulela: 2:01am On Jul 21, 2009
so much bile is bad for your health.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by philip0906(m): 2:06am On Jul 21, 2009
mbulela:

so much bile is bad for your health.

yes their health. grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by maedan(f): 2:45am On Jul 21, 2009
Good show or not, it is evidently a "hot" show, judging from the number of texts pouring in live. But I do not judge quality of a show according to how many people like or watch it. I judge it by its content, and you already know what I think about that. tongue wink
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by philip0906(m): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2009
maedan:

Good show or not, it is evidently a "hot" show, judging from the number of texts pouring in live. But I do not judge quality of a show according to how many people like or watch it. I judge it by its content, and you already know what I think about that. tongue wink
oh u c wether u like it or not,there r millions of people who love the show.and i don't know what u mean by content?after all I've seen some nollywood movies that r worse than that but yet people r rushing after the movies cos its genevieve,omotola,stella or rita dominic.I'm not saying the show is hundred percent gud cos no show can ever b but the way u guys r criticising the show,is something else. tongue
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by mbulela: 8:41am On Jul 21, 2009
philip0906:

yes their health. grin
i am referring to you.
the curse and insults you are reigning on anyone with a brain functioning enough to know that this show is crap and that Dbanj is doing himself more harm than good.
for you it is all about money and defending the indefensible.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by philip0906(m): 9:13am On Jul 21, 2009
mbulela:

i am referring to you.
the curse and insults you are reigning on anyone with a brain functioning enough to know that this show is crap and that Dbanj is doing himself more harm than good.
for you it is all about money and defending the indefensible.
me? shocked shocked shocked grin
Don't worry jusk keep watching the show I promise u'll enjoy it.its b'cos its a new kinda thing and we r not used 2 watching things like that here,thats y the show kinda looks strange. read maedan's last post u will get the point.the organisers of the show r already making their money back,which is the main reason they organised the show and if they make 2 much money,Then don't think its the end of the show as it will then b held regularly.B4 u know wetin dey happen,koko master don enter FORBES list of highest earning musicians cheesy grin.so just enjoy the show and don't force urself not 2 like it grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by kmarvey: 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2009
I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS KOKOLETTE SHOW FOR SOMETIME NOW, I DONT REALLY KNOW THE CRITERIA DBANJ SET IN SELECTING THESE LADIES ROUND NIGERIA AS A WHOLE TO SHOWCASE AN IDEAL WOMAN. NONE OF THESE LADIES TO ME HAS UP TO 40% OF AN IDEAL WOMAN CHARACTER IN HER. HE WOULD HAVE GONE TO WELL MATURED LADIES. ATLEAST I CAN SEE SOME QUALITIES OF AN IDEAL WOMAN FROM THE LADY THAT COORDINATE THEM (GOVERNESS).

OR SHOULD IT BE THAT HE HAS HIS REASONS FOR SELECTING THESE LADIES. WELL WISH WHOEVER THAT WILL WIN THE BEST.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by kmarvey: 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
FROM MY OBVSERVATION I WILL SAY,

VICTORIA IS TOO IMMATURE TO BE HERE, SHE CANNOT COORDINATE HERSELF AND SHE TALK ANYHOW.

REKANE SOMETIMES PRETEND AND GOSIP BUT AFTER SAVING HER TWICE FROM EVICTION SHE HAS LEARNT A LESSON.

SHONA SOMETIMES GOSIP TOO, ALWAYS WANTING TO BE THE HEAD. BUT WAIT OH, WHAT IS THIS HABIT OF HERS PULLING HER HAIR.
BAD HABIT FOR AN IDEAL WOMAN.

CHINWE SHE IS OK BUT TOO WIDE IN HER BEHAVIOUR FOR AN IDEAL WOMAN.

CHIDINMA OK TOO BUT ALWAYS TOO FORWARD. I NOTICED SHE BUSYBODY WHENEVER THEY HAVE VISITORS, WHICH DOES NOT
PORTRAY HER AS AN IDEAL WOMAN.

BOLANLE IS OK TOO, DON'T REALLY HAVE MUCH AGAINST HER.

RITA IS CALM, OK BUT DOES NOT HAVE MUCH TO CONTRIBUTE WHENEVER CALLED UPON.

LIZZY IS OK, MATURED, AND I THINK SHE PORTRAY AN IDEAL WOMAN THAN OTHER.

DBANJ DONT BE BLINDED COUNT ON PEOPLES VOTE AND CHOSE AN IDEAL WOMAN AMONG THEM.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2009
besides snippets every other week, i'm not sure serious people will spend valuable
time on such a sham.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by dominique(f): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2009
George_D:

besides snippets every other week, i'm not sure serious people will spend valuable
time on such a sham.

even some jobless people wont be watcing it sef
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by YankeeZulu: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2009
MamuZee dem showed up today as guests; the girls in two groups, red and blue, danced to a choreography of "!Mo Gbona Feli Feli". It was actually nice to watch; the red girls with Chidinma and co. were ok, nice moves. But Rita really can't move. That's a big minus for a kokolet, ain't it? If she wins and they wan use her for video nko? Anyway, today was ok.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by gloriuss(f): 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2009
philip0906:

@posters
the name of the game is money.and D'banj knows that coupled with the recession.He's got 2 make all the money he is supposed 2.atleast he is better than that fool called 2face who chooses 2 impregnate girls here and there.instead of u'all criticising the show,u all should take a cue from the koKo master's business acumen grin.The guy is a business man,an entertainer and u just name it.like I said,whether u guys crash nairaland with ur comments or not,The bloke is simply going 2 pocket nothing less than a staggering 15million naira(2 much money) from this show.I need money 2 nd I'm looking for good ways 2 make money and I assure u guys,I've learnt one or two things from the show.so its up 2 u guys 2 keep watching the show and come here and yarn dust,change the channel or enjoy the show grin grin

ur actually quite right. . . . for all those that dont realise. . . . . . hundreds of thousands of girls applied for this show. . . . . . . . at the cost of N5,000 each!

Ok, lets put the amount of applications to 300,000 babes. . . . . . . now lets multiply that by N5,000 each. . . . . any mathematicians in the house?. . . . . . lets just say thatS ALOT of money. . . . . . . . NOT to talk of the texts that come in to the show, also generating even MORE money, not excluding the tv ratings (that is, the amount of viewers that tune in to watch the show). . . . . . . . face it people!!! dbanj is rolling in the money whether y'all like it or not. . . . . . and all those that choose NOT to watch the show. . . . . GUESS WHAT?. . . . . .He's STILL rolling in the money!!!

P.S i sincerely understand philip 0906's point of business acumen, for those that can fathom this stance. . . its rather interesting actually!

ENJOY!!!   tongue grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by philip0906(m): 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2009
gloriuss:

ur actually quite right. . . . for all those that dont realise. . . . . . hundreds of thousands of girls applied for this show. . . . . . . . at the cost of N5,000 each!

Ok, lets put the amount of applications to 300,000 babes. . . . . . . now lets multiply that by N5,000 each. . . . . any mathematicians in the house?. . . . . . lets just say thatS ALOT of money. . . . . . . . NOT to talk of the texts that come in to the show, also generating even MORE money, not excluding the tv ratings (that is, the amount of viewers that tune in to watch the show). . . . . . . . face it people!!! dbanj is rolling in the money whether y'all like it or not. . . . . . and all those that choose NOT to watch the show. . . . . GUESS WHAT?. . . . . .He's STILL rolling in the money!!!

P.S i sincerely understand philip 0906's point of business acumen, for those that can fathom this stance. . . its rather interesting actually!

ENJOY!!! tongue grin grin grin grin tongue
I thought I was all alone in this.Thanks gloriuss 4 making some really good points there.The guy is making the money,so r the organiser of the show.so whether some people like it or not,money,money,money.and besides I'm enjoying the show. grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by gloriuss(f): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2009
philip0906:

I thought I was all alone in this.Thanks gloriuss 4 making some really good points there.The guy is making the money,so r the organiser of the show.so whether some people like it or not,money,money,money.and besides I'm enjoying the show. grin

no wahala! grin me too!! tongue the show is really starting to liven up although at 1st i was VERY disappointed!!!!

koko mansion Rocks!!! Although I also agree with those that have stated there are still some alterations to be made in order to allow the show reach its full potential! wink
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by soloqy: 9:49pm On Jul 22, 2009
@philip

Cant you allow people to have their opinion of the show whether good or bad?

Why do you feel obligated to defend dbanj or the credibility of the show?

You like it, good but dont attack those who dont. You are neither Dbanj nor one of the contestants of the show.

Great, let them make all the money. Some people are pointing out the effect such a show may have on Dbanj.

Bro, not everything in life is measured in Naira and kobo. There is need for re-orientation for so many people in Nigeria.

Thats why we never get things right.

For so many Nigerians, the end justifies the means. Thats an evil under the sun.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by philip0906(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2009
soloqy:

@philip

You like it, good but dont attack those who dont. You are neither Dbanj nor one of the contestants of the show.

Great, let them make all the money. Some people are pointing out the effect such a show may have on Dbanj.

Bro, not everything in life is measured in Naira and kobo. There is need for re-orientation for so many people in Nigeria.

For so many Nigerians, the end justifies the means. Thats an evil under the sun.

and did I stop anyone 4rm having his opinion?afterall everything i wrote is mine opinion.so everyone can say what they want 2.So even if I say HATERS NEVER LIVE LONG(even though its true grin),thats mine opinion.u can say urs.And let me tell u again,its not a matter of me supporting d'banj or not,I'm only trying 2 let u guys c reason that whatever u spit on nairaland,won't affect the guys pocket grin.Mind u,u guys form the very small part of people who don't like the show.Cos there r millions of people even outside the shores of the country,who looooooooooooooove the show and stay glued 2 their T.v to watch it.let me plead with u,DON"T FORCE URSELF NOT 2 LIKE THE SHOW.Join the bandwaggon of people who love the show.I bet u will have good stories 2 tell at the end of the show and b longing 4 another edition of the show,which must definitely take place grin grin.so ENJOY cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by soloqy: 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2009
Whatever man.
You have a pretty high notion that *millions* of people enjoy the show. Thats delusional.
As for me and my house, we dont need to force ourselves not to like the show.

The show itself has taken care of that part and i am not a bandwagon person wink . I think for myself.

So enjoy.

ps

You dont need to reply my post with a *smart alec* response in order to start a back and forth argument on this.

I am done with it and thats why my post is with a tone of resignation and finality.

There is too much work to be done bro than to waste on this

enjoy
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by maedan(f): 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2009
To be fair, the show has many good points I have come to enjoy: that is, the visits from one celebrity or the other, from rap stars M.I to Omawumi to Derenle and some "brand" advertising executives who were treated to the "Rebranding Nigeria" presentation where Rita gave her now infamous Nyahoo nyahoo presentation grin. In fact, after watching the summary of the show where they showed all the best bits from the beginning to the present, I had to say I was impressed. Every girl has her own special flavour, and some of them are really quite polished and pretty. I already know the one I want to win - not Rita sha, though she has a pretty smile and a sweet personality, she's far from my idea of an ideal kokolet. Overall, the show is OK. D'banj, kudos to you for even having the liver. wink
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by philip0906(m): 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2009
soloqy:

Whatever man.
You have a pretty high notion that *millions* of people enjoy the show. Thats delusional.
As for me and my house, we dont need to force ourselves not to like the show.

The show itself has taken care of that part and i am not a bandwagon person wink . I think for myself.

So enjoy.

ps

You dont need to reply my post with a *smart alec* response in order to start a back and forth argument on this.

I am done with it and thats why my post is with a tone of resignation and finality.

There is too much work to be done bro than to waste on this

enjoy
Did I come here 2 argue with u?afterall u specifically made mention of me in one of ur posts that led me 2 give a reply,so i don't know what the lecture u r giving means.If u like don't watch thats ur problem cos it won't take anything away 4rm the show.As for the "millions of people" watching it being delusional,who knows.i used it 2 show that there r lots of people watching it both here in naija and beyound.and na u know which one be smart alec response.no b u write this,
soloqy:

@philip

If I'm not blind is that not my name there? ;Dso thats y I made my self clearer that I was not against anyone speaking his mind about the show.So lecture ur HOUSEHOLD and not me tongue.And goodluck 2 u for not watching the show.but I can assure u that there will be a judas Iscariot in ur HOUSEHOLD,watching the show b'hind ur back or getting the info 4rm others,cos the show is 2 interesting 2 miss. cheesy grin grin
I don't expect u 2 reply my comment o,cos I'm taking u 4 ur words,
I am done with it and thats why my post is with a tone of resignation and finality
grin grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2009
Roflmao @ The Dances, classic cheesy
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by philip0906(m): 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2009
ibkaye:

Roflmao @ The Dances, classic cheesy

yh i enjoyed it 2. grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2009
as for me o, I want RITA to win, DBANJ would be stuck with her for one year, let's see if he can cope,
It would be so much fun, she would have to grant interviews and talk in public
heheheheheh, I am laughing at the thought already
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by tboy1(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2009
aysometin:

as for me o, I want RITA to win, DBANJ would we stuck with her for one year, let's see if he can cope,

grin grin grin
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by bilqiss(f): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2009
aysometin:

as for me o, I want RITA to win, DBANJ would be stuck with her for one year, let's see if he can cope,

me I'm laughing with you too grin. But seriously, Rita is ok. Someone on the show texted something that struck me: ". . .Rita is the ideal woman, but she is not the ideal kokolet." I thot, gbam! True word. let the real kokolet stand up - but not Rita bc she needs a lot of grooming.
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by GeorgeD1(m): 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2009
money, money, money! but at what cost? now the real motive for this show
is being unmasked!
Re: Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" by urfriend(m): 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2009
There’s Fire in the Mansion…Please Don’t Run!

The mansion furnace is overheating, with explosive dexterity. The flames are threatening to ravish anything and anyone in its path. Okay, let’s break it down a notch. Right from the onset, the Koko Mansion has been about pleasant surprises, and nerve-cracking suspense. Many viewers have often watched the eviction shows with profound awe for D’banj and the producers – why? The first eviction show threatened the sensibilities of the Kokolets, and even the viewers – the Kokolets had voted amongst themselves to boot out those mansion mates they considered threats, or really didn’t like very much. That experience saw a few Kokolets battling with a mélange of emotions immediately after the show – tears found solace in their relief.

The second week was the real deal – the power to keep the Kokolets in the mansion had been transferred to the viewers, and when they exercised that new found power, the gory axe of eviction cut short Lilian’s dancing days in the mansion. The tension heightened in the mansion – the Kokolets who came close to getting the axe became zombies of their previous selves, until in the second week, the eviction grim reaper appeared once again – and this time with a more devious appetite – Chioma, Rekana, and Bidemi were paraded at the altar of the eviction fiend, and instead of snatching one – this ghoul of eviction informed D’banj that he had the power to save just one Kokolet that week, it was difficult for D’banj to do this but he had to respect the millions of viewers who had hired this grim reaper – he saved Rekana for the second time – letting the cold hands of eviction escort the duo of Chioma and Bidemi out of the mansion. Ouch, the hands of eviction must be so cold.

But this time, there’s fire in the mansion, but please don’t run. Because no matter how fast you run, the fire must burn. In an exciting new twist to the Koko Mansion plot, a ravishing beauty is about to invade the privacy of the Kokolets in the mansion. This extremely spontaneous individual, whose crazy love for fashion and drama can only be compared with the likes of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian – did I hear you say the B-word? Please don’t – that would be a gross understatement of what this beautiful lady all the way from the Netherlands will be dishing out to the mansion mates for one week. First of all, they have no clue that she is coming to the mansion. Secondly, they would be given the impression that she is gate-crashing the competition for a chance to win the 5 million naira – and definitely tongues will wag, and fierce rebellion against her would be staged by the surviving Kokolets. But then, the truth, which just you and I know is that she, is not coming to the mansion to compete with the Kokolets, but to shake things up and keep the Kokolets on their fragile toes. Eh Hmm.

Her name is Isi Munirat, she is a Nigerian living in the Netherlands, working as a travel agent, who loves to have mad fun with her girlfriends in her spare time. And you can say it again – she is a very attractive eye candy – tailor-made for the covers of GQ magazine- and she is just a scintillatingly hot 25 year old damsel.

And she’s moving in this Sunday, immediately after the eviction show. I can’t wait. Can you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

BBNaija S6: "He Has Magic Hands", Nini Says As Saga Massages Her Neck / Yousef Evicted From The Big Brother House / BBNaija: Daniella Sheds Tears Of Regret For Getting Intimate With Dotun (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.