Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty (15911 Views)

Mohammed Abacha Fights To Reclaim $1.3bn Oil Bloc, Sues FG, Shell, Agip / Adesola Amosu Returns N2.3bn To FG / How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Beremx(f): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2015
obailala:
Nigeria no doubt is a great rich nation, but corruption and mismanagement for decades has rendered us destitute. Now is not the time to beat our chests and affirm our 'independence.' We need any kind of help we can get and we need to humble ourselves to receive any help.

You might be comfortable, hence your statements. But unlike you, there are millions of your fellow Nigerians out there who have no food to eat this morning, and who are not assured of any proper meal for the rest of today. Quit speaking for these ones.
don't mind that hypocrite! Why didn't he condemn Jonathan when he was receiving foreign aids from developed countries on behalf of Nigeria?

Nonsense!!
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by obioraval(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2015
azzima:
They said Baba go slow has been travelling around for nothing. Haters see your life! The race of life is not for the swiftest.This money is no small beans at all . And it's not a loan o. When did the Drunkard get anything close to this except fictitious loans??.May God continue to protect our able and focused President because between some particular ethnic group and some avaricious looters,they dont want things to work out for Nigeria because their "Neighbor" lost the election eventhough the neighbor's ethnic group has reconciled and moved on for a better Nigeria, they want him dead by all means. Nigeria will be great again! !

Slowly read your comment and see if it makes sense to you.

So its better the US continues giving us Fish. How then can we develop. We would only turn to beggars and keep carrying our bowls begging for 'Aid'.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by mmsen: 8:20am On Oct 05, 2015
obailala:
Nigeria no doubt is a great rich nation, but corruption and mismanagement for decades has rendered us destitute. Now is not the time to beat our chests and affirm our 'independence.' We need any kind of help we can get and we need to humble ourselves to receive any help.

You might be comfortable, hence your statements. But unlike you, there are millions of your fellow Nigerians out there who have no food to eat this morning, and who are not assured of any proper meal for the rest of today. Quit speaking for these ones.

If certain states weren't so wasteful/incompetent there would not be so many people living in extreme poverty.

It doesn't matter how much money they are given, so long as those states refuse to provide basic services and build (and maintain) basic infrastructure their people will forever live in poverty.

So long as those people continue to lynch their fellow citizens for stealing chickens, whilst looking with admiration at the political criminals and those within the judiciary who protect them, instead of holding those crooks to account, then that will be their lot. Maybe they deserve their harsh life on account of their collective cowardice.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by hemmaoshos(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2015
Smelling something.....same sex marriage
gassdon:
PMB BE VERY CAREFUL U.S.A, THEY WILL NEVER GIVE YOU ANY THING FOR FREE.

AM SURE THEY ARE UP TO SOMETHING IN THE FUTURE.

MAY BE GAY RIGHT (GOD FORBID) ETC

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Bambless1(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2015
blueto:

So they can now consummately instigate the disseminational implementation of ₦5000 monthy allowance allotment smiley

Hurray!

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 8:22am On Oct 05, 2015
obailala:

You do have a point my friend but I was speaking from a national point of view and not just individual.
Buhari commands respect especially with his anti corruption toga even as it it daily becoming a large smoke screen and all noises and witch-hunting .
He's now the C-in-C , he should make policies that would create jobs and let the people struggle and put food on the table and not borrowing or accepting aids from the West whose antics is synonymous to that of the proverbial devil that gives you with the right hand and take it back with the left hand.
Buhari should declare state of emergency on any sector that is underperforming and not accepting murderous loans tied to our future.
We've got everything in place to be sustainable even without crude oil but they are all stuck with the oil - Right now , he has the power and everything under this sun can be achieved all you need to do is to sit down and think about it , brainstorm and come up with a plan and not borrowing .My dad use to say that he who goes borrowing goes sorrowing.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 8:22am On Oct 05, 2015
obioraval:

Slowly read your comment and see if it makes sense to you.

So its better the US continues giving us Fish. How then can we develop. We would only turn to beggars and keep carrying our bowls begging for 'Aid'.

You and your fishing analogy.

Who says that the money can't be used to help people "learn how to fish"?
Will they buy yams with all the money? Can't they help people start a business? Can't they use the money to invest in education? Smh

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 05, 2015
And what do they want in return
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 8:23am On Oct 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
You do have a point my friend but I was speaking from a national point of view and not just individual.
Buhari commands respect especially with his anti corruption toga even as it it daily becoming a large smoke screen and all noises and witch-hunting .
He's now the C-in-C , he should make policies that would create jobs and let the people struggle and put food on the table and not borrowing or accepting aids from the West whose antics is synonymous to that of the proverbial devil that gives you with the right hand and take it back with the left hand.
Buhari should declare state of emergency on any sector that is underperforming and not accepting murderous loans tied to our future.
We've got everything in place to be sustainable even without crude oil but they are all stuck with the oil - Right now , he has the power and everything under this sun can be achieved all you need to do is to sit down and think about it , brainstorm and come up with a plan and not borrowing .My dad use to say that he who goes borrowing goes sorrowing.

So he can't use the money to create jobs?

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Uncletony(m): 8:26am On Oct 05, 2015
Gay law alert!
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by webshopng1(m): 8:27am On Oct 05, 2015
k
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by obioraval(m): 8:27am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:

You and your fishing analogy.

Who says that the money can't be used to help people "learn how to fish"?
Will they buy yams with all the money? Can't they help people start a business? Can't they use the money to invest in education? Smh

The ones we have been collecting before, of what use has it been?
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by permsec: 8:28am On Oct 05, 2015
GMan650:
That's what we'll hear but we won't hear what they used the money for. Lemme just advice PMB on how to spend the money.$2.3billion = 460billion naira(using 200=$1 as conversion rate). And we have like 150million Nigerians so if we divide this money among EVERYBODY each person will have #3066.66. The FG can give #3000 to each person and keep the remaining #66.66, they'll still have #9,999,000,000 and that is almost #10billion. They can use that for whatever way they think poverty will be alleviated. shocked shocked grin grin tongue tongue
Do you know that these your assertions can trigger inflation rate by 10% or more?

The minstry of works and education/power should get a large chunk of the money.

Delivering money to every door step via Konga wouldnt curb any poverty rather than destroy the economy in general.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 05, 2015
It's kind of them to do this despite their $18trillion national debt and all the noise the republicans have been making about the failing economy. I hope POTUS doesn't catch flak over this going into an election year. Of course he would. If it is really as simple as the article presents it. The US wants Nigeria to succeed, eradicate poverty and disease so they give us $2.3b to feed our starving people while 17million starving American children are left to rely on Viola Davis' HungerIs foundation. Really...

They want us to succeed; they wish us good luck. Relationships are quid pro quo, what are we really giving up?

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Haishophem(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2015
We have been clamouring for Nigerian states to look within there states in order to increase their IGR for them to be independent of federal allocations, yet we are here lauding the foreign grants given by these countries. When will we stop looking up to them before we can do some certain things? The more we receive aids from these clowns that tagged themselves as african friends the less our rapid development dream will go. African leaders should intensify their efforts in developing the continents with the abundance resources God blessed us with and stop all these foreign grants.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by alexvatt(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2015
this is rubbish from buhari. why taking $2.3bn from u.s when DIESAINE MADUAKWE is holding over $30bn. why u.s not helping us collect our money from formal petroleum minister?
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Abylyty(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2015
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2015
obioraval:

The ones we have been collecting before, of what use has it been?

The problem is not with the money the country received but with how it was invested or rather stolen.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2015
Beremx:
I am not in the mood for a fight with a wailer. You can take your rants off my mentions.

If you know you are very rich you don't need the foreign aid,there are millions of Nigerians who need the aid.

Please and please don't quote me again on this thread.
grin
I guess I did hit a nerve with that mor0nic comment of yours.
This isn't about being rich or poor , this is about not going back to the same military era where mruderous foreign aids are accepted at the detriment of the citizens.
Well, I do not expect a paid per post cankerworm like your type not to shout hallelujah over stipends from a well known Shylock.
Oshofree , you prolly thought that your 5 ,000 stipend promised by the Daura cow herder is about to come to fruition. grin
Uwa gbakwa gi tube and tyre. grin
That 5gees ain't coming anytime soon baby girl and no free food for your kids - suck it up, that's the way it is. grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by alexvatt(m): 8:30am On Oct 05, 2015
this is rubbish from buhari. why taking $2.3bn from u.s when DIESAINE MADUAKWE is holding over $30bn. why u.s not helping us collect our money from formal petroleum minister? rather than give us money that will land in private pocket.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by webshopng1(m): 8:30am On Oct 05, 2015
I hope he has not agreed to the gay thingy
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 05, 2015
More like money to fund Boko Haram to kill innocent Biafrans.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by oluxy(m): 8:33am On Oct 05, 2015
well I hope Nigerians see the benefit of the said assistance...

I hate it seeing peoples suffer in the hands of leaders and I'd ask myself; what's leadership?
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2015
5k monthly on the way tongue. Cc Wailers wink
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Haishophem(m): 8:33am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:

So he can't use the money to create jobs?

Yea he can create with $2.3bn but you've all got to open your eyes and see deep into this foriegn grants given, of what use has it been ever since. It's just one of their means of under developing us.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by oluxy(m): 8:34am On Oct 05, 2015
well I hope Nigerians see the benefit of the said assistance...

I hate it seeing people suffer in the hands of leaders and I'd ask myself; what's leadership?
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 05, 2015
What you get when you vote in a terrorist, paedophile, almajiri and a dullardd into power.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by anonimi: 8:35am On Oct 05, 2015
Hopefully he will fulfill his campaign promise to dash N5,000 to 25 million unemployed Nigerians and others with this gift from the US and the $$$$$$$$$$ billions recoveries made so far in his anti-corruption fight grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2491559_twimg20150606110308_jpeg4924ed8fc95c29bd13a67cca7f6c6f8e

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by ratumatu: 8:35am On Oct 05, 2015
Almajiri country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by obioraval(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:

The problem is not with the money the country received but with how it was invested or rather stolen.

And this one would be judiciously invested right. In Nigeria...
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by francizy(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Just listen to yourself , in a 21st century economy where nations are using their strategic resources, bilateral trade agreement and geographical importance to acquire physical technology and exchange of vital information you're happy that our Government with her both human and capital resources is still accepting aids from the West that raped West African countries in the first place over decades.

It is shame Berem for any Nigerian govt to accept food and monetary aid from the West.
From today hence forth I command the spirit of begging to flee fom your life.
Jesus ! I thought Jonathan once told these guys that we do not need their aids in a United nations general assembly where he specifically told world leaders using a Chinese proverb that they should ''teach a man how to fish and not give him free fish all the time'' and he highlighted his comments by saying that the transfer of technological help and information based on mutual respect is the only way African countries can stand up on its own and not accepting aids.This was equally highlighted when he visited China to secure a 3 billion dollar infrastructural loan that would be purely based on building infrastructure and training Nigerians to run it efficiently after some years.

It is shame Berem

Please don't criticize her bro, Cuz she's finally happy that she'd be getting extra 5k on top the 45k way she dey collect now. In essense, this news amounts to increase in salary... grin

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by toyosimi(f): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2015
And won't it be diverted into something else??....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I See Leaders Falling At The Feet Of Women In 2018" - Pastor Tunde Bakare / IPMAN Chairman, Abdulhamid Baba-Saliu Kidnapped In Edo, Driver Killed / FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.