Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty (15909 Views)

Mohammed Abacha Fights To Reclaim $1.3bn Oil Bloc, Sues FG, Shell, Agip / Adesola Amosu Returns N2.3bn To FG / How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2015
obioraval:

And this one would be judiciously invested right. In Nigeria...

HOPEFULLY.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by j4sure(m): 8:37am On Oct 05, 2015
Good step if no string attached
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by francizy(m): 8:37am On Oct 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin
I guess I did hit a nerve with that mor0nic comment of yours.
This isn't about being rich or poor , this is about not going back to the same military era where mruderous foreign aids are accepted at the detriment of the citizens.
Well, I do not expect a paid per post cankerworm like your type not to shout hallelujah over stipends from a well known Shylock.
Oshofree , you prolly thought that your 5 ,000 stipend promised by the Daura cow herder is about to come to fruition. grin
Uwa gbakwa gi tube and tyre. grin
That 5gees ain't coming anytime soon baby girl and no free food for your kids - suck it up, that's the way it is. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

RIP Beremx.. cry

5 Likes

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by anonimi: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2015
obioraval:
And this one would be judiciously invested right. In Nigeria...

The way Buhari's "saint" Abacha invested our money judiciously, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2733734_munch20150812080810_jpeg1d11e13a327d33cec402de71dc2a8eb7

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 8:38am On Oct 05, 2015
Haishophem:

Yea he can create with $2.3bn but you've all got to open your eyes and see deep into this foriegn grants given, of what use has it been ever since. It's just one of their means of under developing us.

Maybe without the foreign grants the situation would be even worse.

@bold
I don't get what you are trying to say here.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by anonimi: 8:39am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:
Maybe without the foreign grants the situation would be even worse.

Is necessity no longer the mother of invention?
How many of your friends and relations became successful only on dash dash money they were getting like almajiris
How many?
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 8:39am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:

So he can't use the money to create jobs?
What are the conditions tied to this money? I guess you won't bother now until you begin to see policies that would be skewed towards giving an upper hand to a particular foreign govt while other partners like China and co withdraws their support leaving us entangled with the criminal West that see African countries as their plantation.
Make una kwontinu, yeye dey smell.

3 Likes

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Just listen to yourself , in a 21st century economy where nations are using their strategic resources, bilateral trade agreement and geographical importance to acquire physical technology and exchange of vital information you're happy that our Government with her both human and capital resources is still accepting aids from the West that raped West African countries in the first place over decades.

It is shame Berem for any Nigerian govt to accept food and monetary aid from the West.
From today hence forth I command the spirit of begging to flee fom your life.
Jesus ! I thought Jonathan once told these guys that we do not need their aids in a United nations general assembly where he specifically told world leaders using a Chinese proverb that they should ''teach a man how to fish and not give him free fish all the time'' and he highlighted his comments by saying that the transfer of technological help and information based on mutual respect is the only way African countries can stand up on its own and not accepting aids.This was equally highlighted when he visited China to secure a 3 billion dollar infrastructural loan that would be purely based on building infrastructure and training Nigerians to run it efficiently after some years.

It is shame Berem
dont mind berem them ooo....hypocrisy is their watch word...meanwhile let bubu diversify our economy e no go gree...support true federalism e no go gree,...but he intends to fight poverty...this country is just silly... angry angry

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 05, 2015
Poverty? Who's imperverish? Please!!! Hm.. Pathetic giving!

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 8:42am On Oct 05, 2015
IzonOwei:
dont mind berem them ooo....hypocrisy is their watch word...meanwhile let bubu diversify our economy e no go gree...support true federalism e no go gree,...but he intends to fight poverty...this country is just silly... angry angry
I'm still trying to figure out how they intend to end poverty when all states are going to Abuja cap in hand waiting for monthly stipend from the FG.

The last thing these folks would do is to support true federalism not until oil becomes useless .
The parasitic nature is an A+ grade.

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by yonzy(m): 8:43am On Oct 05, 2015
Now we're heading there
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2015
Looks like a Trojan gift. I don't trust the United States.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 05, 2015
obailala:
Nigeria no doubt is a great rich nation, but corruption and mismanagement for decades has rendered us destitute. Now is not the time to beat our chests and affirm our 'independence.' We need any kind of help we can get and we need to humble ourselves to receive any help.

You might be comfortable, hence your statements. But unlike you, there are millions of your fellow Nigerians out there who have no food to eat this morning, and who are not assured of any proper meal for the rest of today. Quit speaking for these ones and be considerate for the plight of others.

All I can say is that, unlike in past regimes, I have a little more extra confidence in our present leadership that these moneys would be used properly and would not end up in one big man's pocket (as has always been the case for decades).
can the fools up there who rule us agree to economic and social policies that can alleviate poverty...nigeria will forever remain poor until we either break up into constituents and go our seperate ways or we espouse and uphold meaningful policies that can drive the nation forward... angry angry angry...you can have ALL the confidence in buhari to manage help from america like a toddler since he is incorruptible(perfect angel from heaven) but that doesn't stop nigeria from retrogressing if it continues to stick to the status quo... angry angry

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2015
francizy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

RIP Beremx.. cry
Don't mind her jare .
That was how she was rooting for Atiku during APC primaries after collecting 20 kpali. grin

We know these people . cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by slap1(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2015
blueto:

So they can now consummately instigate the disseminational implementation of ₦5000 monthy allowance allotment policy as a solace to the destitutes smiley

Why not use simple English? Your comment is highly nonsensical.

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
I'm still trying to figure out how they intend to end poverty when all states are going to Abuja cap in hand waiting for monthly stipend from the FG.

The last thing these folks would do is to support true federalism not until oil becomes useless .
The parasitic nature is an A+ grade.
the bolded is the same point i have been hammering on...No nation can survive with the structure nigeria operates on...poverty will continue to over take us until we do the right thing..we will continue to seek for aid until we become useless..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by wristbangle: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2015
If the money is well utilised, then the economy will be relief a bit.

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 9:02am On Oct 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
What are the conditions tied to this money? I guess you won't bother now until you begin to see policies that would be skewed towards giving an upper hand to a particular foreign govt while other partners like China and co withdraws their support leaving us entangled with the criminal West that see African countries as their plantation.
Make una kwontinu, yeye dey smell.

It is the job of a government to make the best deals possible with whatever partner provides the best offer.
Criminal West?? So all Western countries are criminal and the rest of the world is holy and innocent?
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2015
IzonOwei:
the bolded is the same point i have been hammering on...No nation can survive with the structure nigeria operates on...poverty will continue to over take us until we do the right thing..we will continue to seek for aid until we become useless..
They are already aware that the system is flawed but as far as it has sustained a particular class system in the North with no one questioning anyone except the elites while down south the greed for material wealth has taken over our mind - we'll continue in this quagmire until it is now clear that our nation has gone to the dogs for good.
When the issues of regionalism and federalism shows up don't you see how the north say it's oer their dead body , while the south west would be paying lip service it has always been the South South and South East that wants it.
This clearly shows that these guys can't survive without any form of parasitic nature.
When you see any culture that encourages begging then you've got a country United with an insane region.

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2015
anonimi:

Is necessity no longer the mother of invention?
How many of your friends and relations became successful only on dash dash money they were getting like almajiris
How many?

What inventions have been made in Nigeria despite all the unfulfilled necessities that the country has been plagued with for decades?
The rest is an argumentum ad hominem. Stick to the topic and leave my family out of it. Whatever I tell you about me and my family can be the truth or a lie.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by thundafire: 9:08am On Oct 05, 2015
borrow borrow at dy end na PDP U GO BLAME 4 dy extreme poverty oooooo confused pple kip borrowing nd increase depth hope obolo eye go get share
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by stevealibi: 9:09am On Oct 05, 2015
undecided
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 9:10am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:

It is the job of a government to make the best deals possible with whatever partner provides the best offer.
Criminal West?? So all Western countries are criminal and the rest of the world is holy and innocent?
Yes ' criminal west.

The west enslaved Africans for their own economic gains
The same west colonized African countries for their own economic gains
Who knows what they are cooking next for your freeloading gullible people and leadership.
If you think that neocolonialism is just a simple terminology then you'll need some history lessons on what transpired that nearly turned African countries to coup capital of the world.
Yes! They have a criminal past when it comes African Goverments and I can say it anywhere without mincing words.
We should be open to a lot partners and not tied down with one Greek gift from the same people who fuccked you over before .
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by anonimi: 9:10am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:
What inventions have been made in Nigeria despite all the unfulfilled necessities that the country has been plagued with for decades?
The rest is an argumentum ad hominem. Stick to the topic and leave my family out of it. Whatever I tell you about me and my family can be the truth or a lie.

You should realise I was not about your family and relations at all- simply trying to emphasise a point.
Continuous, unending receipt of aids does not make anyone, talk less a group/society/nation develop.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 9:13am On Oct 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Yes ' criminal west.

The west enslaved Africans for their own economic gains
The same west colonized African countries for their own economic gains

Get over it. There was a time where Western nations were trying to "enslave" each other, which led to two world wars. Some European countries have been destroyed by this mentality but they got over it.

Have you forgotten that it were your people who were selling their own people? Holy Africans! Say hallelujah!

Who knows what they are cooking next for your freeloading gullible people and leadership.
If you think that neocolonialism is just a simple terminology then you'll need some history lessons on what transpired that nearly turned African countries to coup capital of the world.

Enlighten me!

Yes! They have a criminal past when it comes African Goverments and I can say it anywhere without mincing words.
We should be open to a lot partners and not tied down with one Greek gift from the same people who fuccked you over before .

Like I said, Africans have never committed any crime. Holy People. Say Amen.

Who says you can't be open to other partners?
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Guyman02: 9:16am On Oct 05, 2015
free2ryhme:
Heavens will quiz the administration of Jonathan for all the ills done to Nigeria and Nigerians. When you cut ties with a super power as United States, where do you stand as a developing nation. Do not be blinded by China's economy because it has its financial economics rooted in the US.

Small pikin for international politics.
China just commissioned a new railway line in Addis Ababa that commutes thousands daily, the built the AU HQ for them, they built and funded the Kubwa expressway in Abuja, they built and funded the Omotosho and Papalanto Power Plants generating hundreds of MW for Nigeria, they are building schools, hospitals in many cities in Nigeria; they are building the Kaduna-Abuja railway line that will be launched in December. This is how to fight poverty in Africa, not through handouts from the West which are used to fund wars.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:

Get over it. There was a time where Western nations were trying to "enslave" each other, which led to two world wars. Some European countries have been destroyed by this mentality but they got over it.

Have you forgotten that it were your people who were selling their own people? Holy Africans! Say hallelujah!

Enlighten me!

Like I said, Africans have never committed any crime. Holy People. Say Amen.

Who says you can't be open to other partners?
I'm not saying that Africans are saints or whatever but my submission is simple - We are not suppose to be accepting monetary aid from the west simple.
If they really want to help , first step is stop making foreign policies that would put smaller economies on the edge through IMF and world bank.
What they are doing is akin to sabotaging a man's source of livelihood only to turn around and dash him money. grin
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by ZUBY77(m): 9:18am On Oct 05, 2015
To fight poverty in the north.

We are fine down here in South East.
Simply because we don't bomb our establishments..
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 9:18am On Oct 05, 2015
Guyman02:

Small pikin for international politics.
China just commissioned a new railway line in Addis Ababa that commutes thousands daily, the built the AU HQ for them, they built and funded the Kubwa expressway in Abuja, they built and funded the Omotosho and Papalanto Power Plants generating hundreds of MW for Nigeria, they are building schools, hospitals in many cities in Nigeria; they are building the Kaduna-Abuja railway line that will be launched in December. This is how to fight poverty in Africa, not through handouts from the West which are used to fund wars.
Helep me tell them abeg. grin

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2015
anonimi:

You should realise I wan not about your family and relations at all- simply trying to emphasise a point.
Continuous, unending receipt of aids does not make anyone, talk less a group/society/nation develop.

Really? So the Marshall plan didn't help Germany develop and didn't lead to an economical boom?
Japan did not experience an economic miracle partly due to the aid assistance of the USA after WW II?

Now on a more personal level, there are no children who can go to school and receive vaccinations essential for survival thanks to people like Bill and Melinda Gates?

Oprah Winfrey has not provided educations to plenty of young girls in South Africa and smoothed their way to a brighter future by means of education, which cost her LOTS OF MONEY?
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
I'm not saying that Africans are saints or whatever but my submission is simple - We are not suppose to be accepting monetary aid from the west simple.
If they really want to help , first step is stop making foreign policies that would put smaller economies on the edge through IMF and world bank.
What they are doing is akin to sabotaging a man's source of livelihood only to turn around and dash him money. grin

Tell me about these policies and we can take it from there.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Guyman02: 9:22am On Oct 05, 2015
Beremx:
A welcome development as long as the money is used judiciously. We are no longer in the era where such monies end up in private pockets. I trust my President 100percent for sincerity and accountability.

God bless our President
God bless Nigeria

You Northerners and begging sef. embarassed embarassed
May the almighty deliver you from the spirit of begging and collecting 'aid' from the people who have ripped you off and helped in impoverishing you. What happened to seeking for technological transfer, infrastructure and industrial development? You want food aid abi? Lobbish!

What are the conditions attached? Perhaps it is meant to soften the Govt stand on some obnoxious American policies towards Nigeria and also favour US companies doing business in Nigeria. America gives only Trojan Greek gifts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Colony Of Monkeys And A Congress Of Baboons; By Femi Fani Kayode / PDP Blames Jimi Agbaje For Embarrassing Defeat In Lagos Governorship Election / Ekiti Election Result: Segun Oni Wins His Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.