Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty (15908 Views)

Mohammed Abacha Fights To Reclaim $1.3bn Oil Bloc, Sues FG, Shell, Agip / Adesola Amosu Returns N2.3bn To FG / How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 9:22am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:

Tell me about these policies and we can take it from there.
Are you going to pay for my time ?

You think I'm jobless ? grin

2 Likes

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by joearinze(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2015
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by sniper1305(m): 9:24am On Oct 05, 2015
GMan650:
That's what we'll hear but we won't hear what they used the money for. Lemme just advice PMB on how to spend the money.$2.3billion = 460billion naira(using 200=$1 as conversion rate). And we have like 150million Nigerians so if we divide this money among EVERYBODY each person will have #3066.66. The FG can give #3000 to each person and keep the remaining #66.66, they'll still have #9,999,000,000 and that is almost #10billion. They can use that for whatever way they think poverty will be alleviated. shocked shocked grin grin tongue tongue
smh 4 this guy, if dem giv u dat 3k, wetin u go carry am do biko. To smoke ur normal SK abi? Some guys can b funny sha, 3k na money?
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Truckpusher(m): 9:25am On Oct 05, 2015
Guyman02:

You Northerners and begging. May the almighty deliver you from the spirit of begging and collecting 'aid' from the people who have ripped you off and helped in impoverishing you. What happened to seeking for technological transfer, infrastructure and industrial development? You want food aid abi? Lobbish!
She's an Igbo lady but don't be surprised that someone else shot that bullet. grin

Mama Berem of Balogun market . grin

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 9:26am On Oct 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Are you going to pay for my time ?

You think I'm jobless ? grin

You seem to know a lot about it since you have very strong opinions and so it should be no problem for you to back up your arguments time-efficiently.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by anonimi: 9:27am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:
Really? So the Marshall plan didn't help Germany develop and didn't lead to an economical boom?
Japan did not experience an economic miracle partly due to the aid assistance of the USA after WW II?

Now on a more personal level, there are no children who can go to school and receive vaccinations essential for survival thanks to people like Bill and Melinda Gates?

Oprah Winfrey has not provided educations to plenty of young girls in South Africa and smoothed their way to a brighter future by means of education, which cost her LOTS OF MONEY?

Thank you so much for the examples you gave.
The emphasis is on education and reward for WORK done or VALUE created and not the dash dash almajiri system that Buhari has done ALL his life.
If you have contrary evidence to Buhari's robust legacy in education and industrialisation leading to economic boom, please share.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Egemeole: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2015
this USA I think that they want to have indirect rule in Nigeria, may be that's why they are doing so
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by jesussaves22: 9:30am On Oct 05, 2015
Teachers Day......But dont teach ur students to be delluded and sentimental when delivery judgement. Dont teach them to go for goose chess. Dont teach them to remove dirty in some one eye while there is a stone in their eyes. Teach them to know their self first before knowing others. Teach them to know and tell the truth always and not been bias like urself. Yes teachers needs to be rewarded but not teachers full of hatred and biasness. Teach them not to betray their brothers because of self aggradizement and greed. Teach them that what so ever a man soweth so shall he reap. Teach them to be good citizens not certified criminals. Yes teach them not to be terrorist or harlots or arm robber. Teach them. Teach them . Teach them the implications of wrong doing. Teach them that homosexuals are breeds of satan and God abhor them. Teach them.... Copy to all teachers in nigeria and the world
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 9:38am On Oct 05, 2015
anonimi:

Thank you so much for the examples you gave.
The emphasis is on education and reward for WORK done or VALUE created and not the dash dash almajiri system that Buhari has done ALL his life.
If you have contrary evidence to Buhari's robust legacy in education and industrialisation leading to economic boom, please share.
Thanks.

The first two examples didn't mention education. Why ignore them?

I am not here to defend Buhari and time will show what he does with the money but we shouldn't criticize the aid as such but watch how it will be invested. We need the money for now.

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by anonimi: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:
The first two examples didn't mention education. Why ignore them?

I am not here to defend Buhari and time will show what he does with the money but we shouldn't criticize the aid as such but watch how it will be invested. We need the money for now.

I did not ignore the first two examples.
They were covered in "reward for WORK done and VALUE created" as well as "industrialisation leading to economic boom", not so

Again, Buhari's record in public office is more about-

- state control
- subsidies
- clampdown on education, freedom of expression and liberty.

ingredients for sure failure overall as was the case in 1983-1985.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2090179_buharinopower_jpeg076a5ac049bdb0d76435be4901421bce

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by SkinnyDude(m): 9:43am On Oct 05, 2015
GMan650:
That's what we'll hear but we won't hear what they used the money for. Lemme just advice PMB on how to spend the money.$2.3billion = 460billion naira(using 200=$1 as conversion rate). And we have like 150million Nigerians so if we divide this money among EVERYBODY each person will have #3066.66. The FG can give #3000 to each person and keep the remaining #66.66, they'll still have #9,999,000,000 and that is almost #10billion. They can use that for whatever way they think poverty will be alleviated. shocked shocked grin grin tongue tongue
you are mad. let them still share the 10billion.
oya, do the mathematics again
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by viktor01(m): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2015
Did I see US?
Somebody should please tell them to pour that money into their already sank economy to see whether they can salvage it. we don't need anything from US.
BUNCH OF DEVILS.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by innervoice(m): 9:48am On Oct 05, 2015
anonimi:

I did not ignore the first two examples.
They were covered in "reward for WORK done and VALUE created" as well as "industrialisation leading to economic boom", not so

Reward for work done? What work had Germany done? They were responsible for the WW II, millions of dead people and destruction of countries.
The US knew that it was extremely important to stabilize Germany even though they were the ones to cause the damage all over Europe.

Again, Buhari's record in public office is more about-

- state control
- subsidies
- clampdown on education, freedom of expression and liberty.

ingredients for sure failure overall as was the case in 1983-1985.

Back up your arguments with facts please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by yetunsbay(m): 9:53am On Oct 05, 2015
Poverty rite?
I expect each citizens to take home atleast a million naira each.
Lolz
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by cabaliciouscabal: 10:17am On Oct 05, 2015
Beremx:
A welcome development as long as the money is used judiciously. We are no longer in the era where such monies end up in private pockets. I trust my President 100percent for sincerity and accountability.

God bless our President

God bless Nigeria

S U P P O R T E D.

At least we can now go to Bed with our two eyes closed, and Know fully well dat our monies ar being managed by competent, God fearing personalities, unlike d vultures dat Jst left office.

T H A N K ALMIGHTY GOD.

Wailers Over To U. shocked shocked shocked
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by anonimi: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:

Reward for work done? What work had Germany done? They were responsible for the WW II, millions of dead people and destruction of countries.
The US knew that it was extremely important to stabilize Germany even though they were the ones to cause the damage all over Europe.

Again, you misunderstand me.
The aids through the Marshall Plan was to pay ORDINARY German people [as opposed to the Third Reich or the German state] for their WORK. I have heard of examples where people dug a trench one day and the next day another set filled it up just to have more money in circulation to stimulate DEMAND that will generate supply and lead to increased PRIDUCTION as factories are revived.

In short, people were not DASHED money simply for being poor.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by mmsen: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2015
RaggedyAnn:
It's kind of them to do this despite their $18trillion national debt and all the noise the republicans have been making about the failing economy. I hope POTUS doesn't catch flak over this going into an election year. Of course he would. If it is really as simple as the article presents it. The US wants Nigeria to succeed, eradicate poverty and disease so they give us $2.3b to feed our starving people while 17million starving American children are left to rely on Viola Davis' HungerIs foundation. Really...

They want us to succeed; they wish us good luck. Relationships are quid pro quo, what are we really giving up?

What does a young lady usually give up when a man buys her jewellery?

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 05, 2015
I wish Nigeria all the best kiss kiss we all need support at times, every country in some way. Just how I live in New Zealand and it govt goes out to strengthen ties with other allies. If it good business, and it will help economical growth I'm all for that smiley
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by obailala(m): 10:45am On Oct 05, 2015
IzonOwei:
can the fools up there who rule us agree to economic and social policies that can alleviate poverty...nigeria will forever remain poor until we either break up into constituents and go our seperate ways or we espouse and uphold meaningful policies that can drive the nation forward... angry angry angry...you can have ALL the confidence in buhari to manage help from america like a toddler since he is incorruptible(perfect angel from heaven) but that doesn't stop nigeria from retrogressing if it continues to stick to the status quo... angry angry
No doubt, the status-quo as regards things like federal character could pass as the greatest recipe for disaster/retrogression. However, I believe Nigeria has taken a single step forward by making attempts to reduce corruption and mismanagement. There are still many steps left to be taken though; for instance, I don't see a Buhari tackling the retrogressive federal character policy (for very obvious reasons), but I would definitely support him in his present efforts (corruption) which is a step in the right direction. I will also pray that whoever takes over after PMB should continue from where he stops and in addition to corruption, also tackle the federal character and federalism issue.

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Haishophem(m): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2015
innervoice:

Maybe without the foreign grants the situation would be even worse.

@bold
I don't get what you are trying to say here.

It would have been worse without the aids, and mind you, with the abundance of resources in Africa alone, we can do without their aids. And moreso we should be the one sending out grant had it been we've got leaders that really have the development of the countries in Africa at heart. I'm using Africa instead of Nigeria, cos it's a menace that's common to most African countries. The aids is just like you dining with the devil and in return asks for something more valuable in return.

1 Like

Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 05, 2015
Terrorist America, go away! We don't want any of your evil money. America is sponsoring Boko Haram!
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2015
obailala:
No doubt, the status-quo as regards things like federal character could pass as the greatest recipe for disaster/retrogression. However, I believe Nigeria has taken a single step forward by making attempts to reduce corruption and mismanagement. There are still many steps left to be taken though; for instance, I don't see a Buhari tackling the retrogressive federal character policy (for very obvious reasons), but I would definitely support him in his present efforts (corruption) which is a step in the right direction. I will also pray that whoever takes over after PMB should continue from where he stops and in addition to corruption, also tackle the federal character and federalism issue.
hmmmm..guy...no matter how much buhari fights corruption we would remain static if states are not allowed to explore their resources and internally generate revenues and jobs to tackle poverty...no matter how much the northerners and partly the south westerners run away from the truth true federalism is the way out..we all need to stop being parasites and look within us that each zone can be great provided we become sensible and think development...for how long do you think the whole agbaya called nigeria can continue to feed on the oil in the Niger delta whilst we have other avenues to become rich and Prosperous as a nation.... buhari should do it...he has if not less than 8 years to accomplish it..If buhari claims to be a progressive and not a bigot let him ensure resource control/true federalism...until then we would be stagnant as a nation...
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by GMan650(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2015
sniper1305:
smh 4 this guy, if dem giv u dat 3k, wetin u go carry am do biko. To smoke ur normal SK abi? Some guys can b funny sha, 3k na money?

How much u get for acct wey u dey shout nonsense for mouth? If person give you 3k shey u no go thank the person. You also don't need to know what I'm going to do with the money so shut up
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by GMan650(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2015
SkinnyDude:
you are mad. let them still share the 10billion.
oya, do the mathematics again

Guy, why u dey use vulgar words now? I only gave my opinion so you don't have to use foul words. Okay, if you think you are wise how do you think they can spend the money.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by obailala(m): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2015
IzonOwei:
hmmmm..guy...no matter how much buhari fights corruption we would remain static if states are not allowed to explore their resources and internally generate revenues and jobs to tackle poverty...no matter how much the northerners and partly the south westerners run away from the truth true federalism is the way out..we all need to stop being parasites and look within us that each zone can be great provided we become sensible and think development...for how long do you think the whole agbaya called nigeria can continue to feed on the oil in the Niger delta whilst we have other avenues to become rich and Prosperous as a nation.... buhari should do it...he has if not less than 8 years to accomplish it..If buhari claims to be a progressive and not a bigot let him ensure resource control/true federalism...until then we would be stagnant as a nation...
Like I mentioned earlier, we need to face reality, I don't see a buhari pushing for resource control/true federalism. Even if he tries it, his northern brothers will assassinate him. However, something I know Buhari can do is to drastically reduce the corruption and tradition of looting in higher places and thereby make governance less attractive financially. When that is done, Nigeria will start attracting true patriots as leaders who want to serve and no longer those who just want to be richer. Again when this happens, the question of resource control will definitely resurface. I am only being realistic and supporting Buhari to achieve the bit I know he can definitely achieve for Nigeria (reduce corruption).

Regarding the possibility of true federalism/resource control happening in Nigeria, it is ONLY the NW and NE that are totally against that. The NC only tags along with the rest of the north because the south has never been serious or gotten it's act together to put up a reasonable fight. It is very possible to achieve true federalism in Nigeria but that is only on one condition; that's if the SW, SE and SS put their silly differences aside and unite for this singular purpose. If the south unites and forms a formidable force, I am sure the NC (middle-belt states precisely) will pitch their tent with the south because they also have massive natural resources and are also tired of the hausa-fulani domination over them. But as long as the SW and SE are continually on each other's necks foolishly accusing each other of being the 'problem of Nigeria,' the real problem of Nigeria (the NW & NE) will continue to laugh at us even as they draw everyone backwards.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by kmariko: 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nigeria accepting aid in 21 century instead of industries... Pathetic
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
ok.
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by philiancoop(m): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
In the North, right?
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by zionglory(m): 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
obioraval:
As Usual. Noise making over an agreement that has not even been Implemented. Will there be hope it will be Judiciously implemented. Our best Brains keep zooming out to where they are appreciated and these criminals keep on signing Billion dollar agreements.

Nonsense
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by Nicepoker(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
US to give or to loan. They should make it clear o
Re: US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty by azzima(m): 1:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
obioraval:

Slowly read your comment and see if it makes sense to you.

So its better the US continues giving us Fish. How then can we develop. We would only turn to beggars and keep carrying our bowls begging for 'Aid'.
Anyone can give us fish as long as we are able to make an impact and better manage that fish. Truth be told,we are not big enough to say $2 billion is small money. It is indeed a lot and for a country with a very low per capita income, we definitely need assistance. Don't let us lie to ourselves!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Blames Jimi Agbaje For Embarrassing Defeat In Lagos Governorship Election / Mixed Fortunes For Deputy Governors / How Saraki Prepared For Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.