Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! (23451 Views)

80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. / 7 Ways To Make Money Online Without Being Scammed… / I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by naturefellow(m): 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Warri Shell staff sha!!!
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by ephi123(f): 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
kkboy:
Simple. Thank him and send your account Number to him so that he can pay in the 40k so that you can make-up the balance and pay directly to the trainer. If he try to object, Tell him you are getting the money from an uncle who is doubtful and you want to use that money paid in by him to convince that your uncle to give you the balance. His reaction on this will speak volume. Good luck

Smart thinking.
OP, read this advice well. You need to uncover the intention of your friend and this is one practical way to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by ephi123(f): 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
I am a bit skeptical. This is not the best of times for the oil industry considering current crude prices, a lot are actually downsizing at the moment. Is he saying the training would provide a guaranteed job? If so, then he is suspect.
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by lordsone(m): 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
this is scam. if he truly wants to help you, he can pay the money for you and ask a refund when you get the job. this is a familiar way of scamming desperate people who want jobs in the oil and gas sector. but if you still doubt then you can send the 25k and tell us when you finally get this dream job. good luck...
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by ephi123(f): 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Chris95:
Op ur unbelievable .. Ur friend wants 2 help u nd ur here being al suspicious nd wat nt.... Shebi u said he works in an oil company unless dts a lie I dnt see any reason he wuld want 2 scam u 4 25k!!! Nigga, sumpple wuld pay a 100k 2 work in a Coy nd ur hia being stupid... Uve jux med me so vexed... Dis is da reason uve nt gotten a job ur scared 2 tek risks...

Oh my days, what language is this ?! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by exotiqueify(f): 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
To be candid, u really do have a knack for pooling in people traffic, but i loved ur post on d 'How are u surviving without a job' tho.....Back to d matter hun, i would have told u to go ahead with it, but to be sincere, i am beginning to smell scam! What is funny is i have a friend, who is exactly in d same shoes as u, and guess what? He gave me these exact same details u did, about Buhari choosing a cabinet of some kind and how its supposed to affect dis same 'project'.... believe me, i even advised my friend to wait fo this his trusted friend and not return to Lagos until this planned project pulls through.....My advise? be very cautious, if u could gather d 25k without hassle, and u can actually forfeit it, go ahead, but if u can't, u better pull out...Something definitely dosen't sound right. People can actually change, not excluding dis friend of urs, u are one person he knows he can hoodwink, so be wise....take every effing thing with a pinch of salt! and then on d other hand, if this project comes out to be true, i would gladly apologize.....e Smart, Be careful & Be curious......!DO NOT FORGET TO PRAY
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by Kenchukky(m): 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nobody within the industry even the smallest company will tell you to pay for your HUET. Your performance in the HUET training is actually supposed to be monitored or supervised by the supposed company you will work for. So they are supposed to finance the training.
Ok tell him you have seen a trainer who wants to collect 55k if he could assist you with the 40k and you just have to add 15k which you dont even have. See what his reaction will be. Be wise. Scammers on the prowl.
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by jaydee87(m): 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
Dont know what to say cos scam everywhere even your family will scam you but this case if u go around borrowing the money and it turned out to be a scam how will you pay back? my advice since he is willing to give u 80% of the money beg him to complete his good will and promise to pay back.... no crime in seeking for advice.... anybody that u have not av a close contact with for over 3years, u need to be careful dealing with such person.....

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by scantee(m): 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
@OP. Is ur close paddy so you should know him better. I work with shell myself let me put you through how this works. Your friend may or may not actually be paying 45k for you as he said, you see most @times free certification programme comes up and supervisors are directed to nominate 2 or 3 best staff from his end, but they end up bringing outsiders in replacement of the real staff in such situation u might require to just give the cordinators a small thank you to close eye and put the names supervisors gave to them even when they know very well the name is an external. But if you have doubt about your guy sincerity just do a lot of verification before given out any money. I can as well help you verify if you can get more detail about the said project.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by scantee(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
Kenchukky:
Nobody within the industry even the smallest company will tell you to pay for your HUET. Your performance in the HUET training is actually supposed to be monitored or supervised by the supposed company you will work for. So they are supposed to finance the training.
Ok tell him you have seen a trainer who wants to collect 55k if he could assist you with the 40k and you just have to add 15k which you dont even have. See what his reaction will be. Be wise. Scammers on the prowl.
your right, though i have the feeling that the guy is only fixing his name for a free training, i doubt if he is paying any kobo for him. Though i don't if the guy is 4 real.
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by ayoalafe(m): 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
No glory without a story. Life itself is a risk, i feel you should risk it. I pray you get a good result.
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by digitsolution: 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
It might be real. You never can tell. Do verify if he truly works there? Ask him to pay for you since you are presently unemployed. If he can't then you probably have to take the risk. No gut no glory son.

Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by trippleKAY(m): 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
emmanuel596:
Some 1 wants to help u with 40k and because of ur small 25k balance u brought a useless thread all the way from your community to nl u must be very ungrateful

I don't blame u tho I blame the mods that made this rubbish hit fp

In life if u don't take risk u will never be successful please be wise about doing things what if your friend comes to nl to see this trash about u not trusting him??

As I said before I blame the mods not u
and u must b d some1
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by NellyGhenghen(m): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
Since the job is coming up in October just here, tell your friend to pay the money for u now that you ll pay back once the contract begins since its beginning soon.

Omor run for your life, that 25k is just the beginning of many more demands to come. 6 years contract and he ll just hand it to you in this current Nigeria? Say what? Even if its your blood brother. Shine your eyes bro.
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by proguru: 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
My friend, that is a classic case of recruitment scam. I did an article on job recrutment scam in Nigeria as a term paper during my masters program. There are things to watch out for to identify job scams in Nigeria. How I wish I would have enough time to summarize the 15 page term paper and post it on this forum so that people would not fall victim of job scsmmers. In mean time, I could email anyone interested:ecn360@yahoo.com
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by EbolaParasite: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
ngaal7:
Hello friend,
Your present situation without a job is temporal. [b]HUET is required for shallow water/swamp location [/b]while BOSIET is needed in Deep water operations. Aside this requirement, comprehensive medical test certificate are required before you can work in oil & gas coy. So, you may ask him if this is a requirement too. My advise is let him loan you this money and be faithful to pay back once your dream is actualized.
For God's intervention, make your way right with Him. Commit your ways in His Hand and God will fulfill your heart desire.
Promise and behold God continually. God bless you as you obey.

Huh??
HUET - Helicopter Underwater Escape Training - (Helicopter training for swamp or shallow water only? really?
BOSIET - Basic offshore safety induction and emergency training

They are both needed. Please don't confuse the OP.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by ifechoice: 6:34am On Oct 06, 2015
Importation business can also be started without little or no going to school

Check out my store on konga
http:///premium-stocks
I can help you create a store on Jumia
beep me on 07062198219
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 06, 2015
My dear this is a scam.
I was recently a victim and I learnt d hard way.

Scammers wil always offer to assist you by paying certain percentage.
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by KeriBaby(f): 7:04am On Oct 06, 2015
It's a scam

If I wanna help an unemployed friend and am in ur friends position I would not ask for a kobe
Ah ah shell worker?

Meanwhile visit the link on signature and earn three hundred dollars grin
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by Chynx(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2015
Bcole:
Bros if you cant trust him then don't call him your friend, doesn't seem like a scam to me, if he wanted to scam you he would have asked you to pay all of it or offered to pay a lesser amount..give it a trial...

I totally agree with you.

Op, go ahead and pay the money. I am into same industry and can give you 98% guarantee that he doesn't wish to swindle you. He simply wants you to contribute your own quota. You are lucky you weren't asked to present a BOSIET certificate. HUET is an integral part of BOSIET...which is made up of the following:
1. HUET: Helicopter Underwater Escape Tactics
2. SAS: Survival At Sea
3. Basic First Aid
4. Basic Fire Fighting
BOSIET can cost you and much and 300k.

In order to boost your moral, I am offering to refund you your 25k if it turns out otherwise. Sometimes, we need to trust people.

Inbox me on c4mine@yahoo.com for further communication.

I wish you luck.

Cheers.
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by Chynx(m): 8:22am On Oct 06, 2015
Kenchukky:

This is not correct. I personally funded my BOSIET course as directed by the company I was about to join in 2012.

I had to cough out 250k for the course in Tollmann Allied Services, along Trans Amadi industrial layout in Portharcourt.

Today, I have absolutely no regrets. Very few people have a clear insight on what it really entails.

Mind you, there are ONLY two OPITO certified companies in Nigeria today.
1. Charkins Maritime in Portharcourt
2. Falck Prime Atlantic in Ogun state.

...thats if they are asking for an OPITO standardized HUET.
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by Chris95(m): 9:56am On Oct 06, 2015
ephi123:

Oh my days, what language is this ?! cheesy

R u done Bein an ITK ? angry
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by delors(m): 10:26am On Oct 06, 2015
Give it a shot. It's #25k u can't die n u are not paying to him, are u?
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by vivaobi: 10:27am On Oct 06, 2015
Chynx:

I totally agree with you.

Op, go ahead and pay the money. I am into same industry and can give you 98% guarantee that he doesn't wish to swindle you. He simply wants you to contribute your own quota. You are lucky you weren't asked to present a BOSIET certificate. HUET is an integral part of BOSIET...which is made up of the following:
1. HUET: Helicopter Underwater Escape Tactics
2. SAS: Survival At Sea
3. Basic First Aid
4. Basic Fire Fighting
BOSIET can cost you and much and 300k.

In order to boost your moral, I am offering to refund you your 25k if it turns out otherwise. Sometimes, we need to trust people.

Inbox me on c4mine@yahoo.com for further communication.

I wish you luck.

Cheers.

@ chynx, I just got a mail this morning from one Howard group stating that my qualifications and experiences matches a job from shell production development company (spdc), An attachment with supposed Shell letterheaded paper was sent requesting that I send my recent resume/cv to ErickParker@outlook.com. Note: Erick Parker is the Human Resources Manager as stated on the letterheaded paper attachment. I honestly don't see it as a real thing................
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by Chynx(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
vivaobi:

@ chynx, I just got a mail this morning from one Howard group stating that my qualifications and experiences matches a job from shell production development company (spdc), An attachment with supposed Shell letterheaded paper was sent requesting that I send my recent resume/cv to ErickParker@outlook.com. Note: Erick Parker is the Human Resources Manager as stated on the letterheaded paper attachment. I honestly don't see it as a real thing................

This one sounds fake...but just in case; it won't cost you anything to send a copy if your CV. Stay alert for monetary demands (or request for your bank infi) and NEVER part with a dime.

Keep me posted.
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by Anak123: 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hope u see dis poster. A friend of mine was duped recently by a supposed friend. She actually called his international num she's had for some time not knowing he's changed lines. She was duped of almost 500k. Verify very wel if u actually communicating with ur friend. Mind u, friends scam too.
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by lordsone(m): 11:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
like i said before it is a scam. just ignore and look ahead for better things. God be with you
Re: Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! by missojugo(f): 9:09am On Nov 25, 2016
Sylver247:
Fellow Nairalanders, I am the op of the thread on "How have you been surviving without a job?"
I have a friend who works with Shell, hes actually a childhood friend we grew up together. We have been apart for long cos he works in Warri while I reside in Lagos.
Recently we hooked up again via Facebook and we got talking on phone about life and all. Told him my jobless situation and he got very concerned about my plight. He promised to do something about it cos I was very open with him, didn't hide or form. He requested for my CV which I quickly edited, refined and wired to his email. He said he would submit it to some senior people in Shell.

About a month later he called me and told me something has come up. That there is 6 a year contract job that will be coming up in October and that I need to acquire a particular training (HUET) without which I can't work in the upstream. He said its normally free but the man in charge of recruiting people said since am just a referral, I have to pay for the training. He said the training is 65k which I confirmed and its true.

Now he promised to pay part of the training fee (40k) for me and said I should take care of the remainder.
I trust this guy (he is my very good friend from same community) but you know people can change suddenly.

I just need advice from people who know about this kind of stuff, if its possible or not. Its small money (25k) but I wouldn't want to be scammed off the little money am surviving with as am currently managing myself. I don't even have the money now but I can run round and get it.
He told me they are waiting for Buhari to announce his cabinet before the project starts and that he will call me.

Please advice me should I give it a shot?

davide470 uboma lalasticlala

You friends email/ facbook account has been hacked! Call him and meet with him in person. Don't go alone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CDCFIB Shortlisted Candidates For NIS & NSCDC Recruitment Aptitude Test 2020 / Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. / Help Me Urgently Before I Lose My N-power Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.