Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? (1408 Views)

I Just Ended The Friendship With My Best Friend. I Feel Frustrated / Friendship With The Opposite Sex. / She Slept With My Best Buddy And Expects Me To End Friendship With Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Bossken(m): 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hi guys,

I have this issue that sometimes make me fee sad about the attitude of my ex.
We dated for about a year and when i saw that her ideaologies were not in line with mine and if we go ahead to marry, we would have problems. I decided to call of the relationship ona mutual ground pointing out some of those things that are not working especially from her end, she agreed and we ended it but i mentioned that we will always be friends.

To cut the long story story, she broke up all communication channels (blocked me from her social media accounts) as against my wish.
After two years of break up with her, I got married to an age long friend of mine of which she was aware.

Few days ago, i got her no from her younger brother and i called her but she gave me a very cold shoulder. I told her its no crime to say hi to her and i even proposed if we could see but she makes it all very difficult and sad.

Guys i need your candid opinion; is it wrong to continue friendship with an ex? Pls bear in mind that she is not the only ex, i have others who are still friends with me and they even know my wife (one patronises her business).

Thanks
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by chocolateme(f): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
Yes, he or she is not your enemy right?
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Tallesty1(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
You broke her heart oga.
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ok woah, hold on, does your wife know you've been in contact with your recent ex? Why can't you let bygones be bygones? Why do you have to seek her out when it's obvious she wants nothing to do with you? If I was your wife, I wouldn't be thrilled one bit.

Now personally, I cut all exes out of my life & I expect the same from someone I'm dating. If you don't have a child with them, then there's absolutely no reason to still be in contact with them. It ends there. Keeping in contact means unfinished business to me & you're not about to have "unfinished business" with someone else whilst with me. Screw that!

I suggest you move on & let sleeping dogs lie. You're a married man now & your main focus should be your wife, not some ex from years ago. Move on!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Guy God punish u,what kinda friendship exist between cat and rat....face ur wife and build ur family.....I still don't understand why u called her after 2yrs

I pity ur innocent wife

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Eberex(m): 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
What could you possibly want with her, huh? If you can answer me this question, you win....seriously undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by gladiolus: 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
My ex wanted it but I'm not ok with it, its just like making your GOOD enemy you BAD friend
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by gladiolus: 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
My ex wanted it but I'm not ok with it, its just like making your GOOD enemy you BAD friend. Real bad
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
Oh man ! Don't be a jerk! Your wife won't be happy hearing this as u won't be when you hear that af her
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by lgboks(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
men
Actually there's no crime with being friends with your ex (especially if you don't become too close, as this might bring back feelings best left behind.
But if one (in this case her) decides to cut all ties and keep cold shoulders(i think even though she agreed to breaking up with you,she felt hurt and you really broke her hearth.
Bottom line is how would you feel if your wife go searching for her ex(have been searching for her for 2 years) and is now communicating with him?
Answer this question well
Note: don't say nothing in a hurry cus as humans we tend to see nothing wrong in what we are doing unless someone else do same to us (like a thief finds nothing wrong in stealing unless when he or she becomes the victim) or guys or babes snatching another guys babe or girls guy and saying they love the guy or girl so much only to know how it feels when same happens to them.
Gosh I forget howmuch I get to type when ever I come over to this section cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by lgboks(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
men
Actually there's no crime with being friends with your ex (especially if you don't become too close, as this might bring back feelings best left behind.
But if one (in this case her) decides to cut all ties and keep cold shoulders(i think even though she agreed to breaking up with you,she felt hurt and you really broke her hearth.
Bottom line is how would you feel if your wife go searching for her ex(have been searching for her for 2 years) and is now communicating with him?
Answer this question well
Note: don't say nothing in a hurry cus as humans we tend to see nothing wrong in what we are doing unless someone else do same to us (like a thief finds nothing wrong in stealing unless when he or she becomes the victim) or guys or babes snatching another guys babe or girls guy and saying they love the guy or girl so much only to know how it feels when same happens to them.
Gosh I forget how much I get to type when ever I come over to this section cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
It's not just bad, it's disgusting! U broke her heart and you're married. Why not focus on your marriage and let her be. I don't know why some persons will not let sleeping dogs lie. If she starts flirting back, you'd start disturbing Nlanders. Mtcheewww..

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by germainediva(f): 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
Life is too short.......maintain frndship wt anyone dat makes u happy.
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by nawtibownie: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Well, because you're married it is wrong. Besides she already gave you a cold response, you should know that's a No-no. Save yourself the stress. Your wife won't be happy with this but she won't tell you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
germainediva:
see ur life outside......so u don't mind ur husband hanging out with his Ex Abi?

Later when it happens u start laying blames on the old mama at ur village
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
kallmemrB:
see ur life outside......so u don't mind ur husband hanging out with his Ex Abi?

Later when it's happens u start laying blames on the old mama at ur village

Hahaha @ old mama at your village.
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
What's the point! It's over so let her be. Remember the old saying that you can't eat your cake and have it back.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
I dnt tink itz normal. If u remain frnds wit ur ex is eida u guys wia neva inluv or U guys re stil inluv.
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
elomez:
What's the point! It's over so let her be. Remember the old saying that you can't eat your cake and have it back.
What if one only ate half of the cake ?
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
sylvalord:
What if one only ate half of the cake ?

you still can't get the half you've eaten back
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
elomez:

you still can't get the half you've eaten back
Now relate this to the OP; what if he ate just half of the cake and now he wishes to eat the rest?
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
sylvalord:
Now relate this to the OP; what if he ate just half of the cake and now he wishes to eat the rest?

same thing I'm saying. He can't relate with her like before. Just as the half of the cake you've eaten. That cake can't be the way it was before.
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
elomez:

same thing I'm saying. He can't relate with her like before. Just as the half of the cake you've eaten. That cake can't be the way it was before.
LOL.. You don't understand me. Sorry i bothered you.
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
sylvalord:
LOL.. You don't understand me. Sorry i bothered you.

i got your point. You're the one who doesn't understand me.
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
elomez:

i got your point. You're the one who doesn't understand me.
I understand you perfectly ma'am. She is an "eaten cake" and she can't be regurgitated as he is not a ruminant. I do get you.
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by babyfaceafrica: 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
Guy,you are married,can't you just face ur marriage?..what are you looking for again?...you still want to chop the ex abi?..the tin sweet you?.....she does not want to have anything to do with you..so please move on!!!!...if somethin happens naw you will be all over nairaland seeking for help
Re: Is It Wrong To Maintain Friendship With Your Ex? by AceRoyal: 7:44am On Mar 01, 2018
germainediva:
Hello,
I've been following you for a while, sent private emails but u never replied. Would love to be friends with you.
Pls kindly text you contact number to the number on my signature.
Thanks and Happy new month. smiley

(1) (Reply)

What A Coincidence / Conversation With Girlfriend(photos) / Facts To Know About Unmarried Nigerian Ladies!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.