Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

How Is The Light Situation In Your Area - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area (33495 Views)

What Is The Light Situation In Your Area? / Photos From The Light-up Anambra In Celebration Of ANAMBRA@25 / Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 06, 2015
In my area at oshodi isolo lga,some street have light while others doesn’t. It over a week now.Maybe because apc lost the senatorial and house of Reps sit to pdp candidates that is why they are punishing us.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by theresaese(f): 6:31am On Oct 06, 2015
shocked We no get light too o for our area oke- oko its bin almost. Week nw o mk dem help us o.I bin hear say dem beat oga nepa lol me no dey na mk dem gv us light we beg ooo
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Adeshizzy: 6:32am On Oct 06, 2015
ewizard1:
Very OK! in Orile Iganmu area!
Azin... Super Very OK! If seized, it gets restored in less than 10mins!
Excellent.. what part of Orile do you stay
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by oluwaahmed: 6:32am On Oct 06, 2015
In rumuolumeni phc, we av not seen light 4 dpast 2 weeks!

1 Like

Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by mastasam(m): 6:32am On Oct 06, 2015
we hav uninterupted light now for more than 144 hers in army barracks road here in yola
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by wordbank(m): 6:34am On Oct 06, 2015
For the past 3 months we've steady power supply, if light no dey na just for 1 -3hrs n e dey happen once or twice a week. Old GRA PHC
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by chudionu58(f): 6:36am On Oct 06, 2015
mastasam:
we hav uninterupted light now for more than 144 hers in army barracks road here in yola
May we know buhari's policy,initiatives and projects that caused the so called improvement.
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by DTOBS(m): 6:37am On Oct 06, 2015
Before it wasn't like this in my area (Ogo oluwa area of osogbo, Osun state) until a new EDC manager was brought in from another state. This stupid woman just halla that we use too much of light (power) and she has been starving us big time. Even as at the time of filling this report,Light is on sabbatical.

Hailing Hailers of bad thing,ya food is ready ooooo....come chop
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by okitikpo: 6:37am On Oct 06, 2015
I have always said it that what we need in this country is sustainable development. Last few weeks and month when power situation increased considerably, people were shouting up and down as if everything is now OK. But I only told them to watch out in the coming months and see if they will not be thrown back to darkness b4 they can jubilate and here we go, the complaints have started pouring out again.

until Nigeria offers 1 good year of constant power that is when we will begin to say that improvement is beginning to set in. All these short lived stunts are not what we bargain for real and sustainable development.

Any development that is not sustainable is no development. Other countries are celebrating decades upon decades of uninterrupted power and we cannot even boast of good 6 months before returning back to darkness. I know this country very well, so am no longer moved with their little charade or stunts. Give light today, take light tomorrow is all I have known in this country ever since I was born. Do not be deceived, 9ja will always be 9ja

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 06, 2015
Gamesmart:

Well, next time use your brain before you "think".

It is not possible for the whole Nigeria to have uninterrupted power without the infrastructure for it.

So your "thought" was quite dumb.
Who needs infrastructure when u can have body language/body odour.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Howmon: 6:40am On Oct 06, 2015
flerKys:
The situation of light Has not been ok for liKe 3 days now at Dopemu/Alowonjo side of Lagos state.

Dopemite, light no dey santos for 4days plus tho
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by playtheblues(f): 6:40am On Oct 06, 2015
The power situation is very poor in Uyo.
Dyt:
Its been like 6 days now we haven't seen light on the island, Lagos island and I am sure it affects some areas too, queue already in filling stations
Pls ooooo
Call on these your men ooooo
Oru yi ti poju
Ejoooooo
Bikoooooo
Da alu abi nagode dem dey talk am
Its that bad that I have to make this thread at this hour
Oru oooooo
Heat pooooo
cry cry
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 06, 2015
uptoHim:
The moderators are funny! Either they didn't see the similar threat I created, or there is something more than funny about them.

Cc: Lalasticlala, ishilove, Seun

Hahaha. It happens a lot here.
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 06, 2015
We in onike axis of yaba have not seen light since the incident in unilag. For 2weeks n 2days it didnt blink until d day of salah den for two more days which ws epileptic n since den we havent gotten power till date. We have bin without power for 3wks now and Eko Dist will bring us bill for power we didnt use.

I don tire for des pple....we need a complete overhaul of d power sector cuz i dont think dey r ready for work abeg

1 Like

Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Gideon7(m): 6:46am On Oct 06, 2015
UGBOLU IS AFTER ASABA THE CAPITAL OF DELTA STATE.FROM UGBOLU TO ASABA IS #100.we have not got electricity for 4 years now...
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by ibkgab001: 6:49am On Oct 06, 2015
Dancing skelewu ... In Osogbo light stable like introvert making FTC
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 06, 2015
chicobaddest:
smileyYou have said it all

You are in an island

How do you expect the national cake to reach you

Beht I thought the cake belonged to Nobody and Everybody? Or is he one of those in the lagoon? The 5% lagoonoids angry
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by INTROVERT(f): 6:52am On Oct 06, 2015
ibkgab001:
Dancing skelewu ... In Osogbo light stable like introvert making FTC

you are not well grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 06, 2015
I know the 8hrs power supply won't last.They were bringing the light to celebrate PMB victory.This is naija.A land where nothing good happens.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by MsGlobalwonder(f): 6:52am On Oct 06, 2015
ussv:
Excellent , at Amuwo Odofin
lie. Excellent u said? Which area in Amuwo? Ahan! Na wa oo undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Barcholder: 6:52am On Oct 06, 2015
24 hours unblinking lights for 2 and a half years in Lekki now.............because I use Solar Power, lol.

On a serious note though, whilst I do use Solar and therefore have 24 hours power, the grid power supply was excellent during the month of August, where it must have been close to 22 hours daily, far and away the best I've ever observed since arriving in Nigeria in 2013. However, since September, it's gone back to its usual state of an average of 6 - 8 hours a day on average. Entering into the dry season, we'll probably see it reduce to between 4 - 6 hours daily, as is usually the case each dry season.

Regards

Uvie
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 06, 2015
Akonice07:
It is so irritating telling pple how we live with electricity here, it is so annoying and even sometimes I asked myself if we are living at the back of the world. For the past 15years now, it has been one day on and one day off. The most terrible thing is that, that one day on might not be more than six hours light on. I wonder y d govt and the pple of my area are so wicked like that, I hate living here as I believe no drastic solution has been taking to cushion the effect....I live in Offa Kwara State.
Despite the aforementioned above, I paid #4850 every month for a two room self contained. Why is life so hard to live in here, tell me the good life that we are enjoying....absolutely nothing!
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 06, 2015
Adeshizzy:

Excellent.. what part of Orile do you stay

You be monitoring spirit?
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 06, 2015
It is like some apc supporters come here to lie that they have constant electricity supply in their neighborhood.Why are you suffering in silence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by erisegun: 6:58am On Oct 06, 2015
psychologist:
Ss

Get well soon messi cry
no b dis guy b actor 4 second chance undecided

*wetin do amu shocked
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 06, 2015
In all of these, my comment is that you can't build steady power supply on "Body language ".
Government is a continuum and I honestly pray this Government will sit down an follow the well articulated Road map on power that the whole world hailed or better still improve on it.
I feel sad when BH strikes because I know that if the airmen and mercenary during GEJ were to continue, we would have had some breathing space now; instead of this, the government removed roadblocks and checkpoints.... the results stare us in the face.
For all those who were celebrating before on steady power... How market?
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Adex097: 7:13am On Oct 06, 2015
I have spent over 20yrs of my life here in Ijesha Surulere but this is the first time I'll be enjoying a week of uninterrupted power supply...they only seized it for some mins when rain fell heavily some days ago. you' all need to see how dusty my power generator is.
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by webshopng1(m): 7:14am On Oct 06, 2015
Great in Osogbo oo

Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by SenR(m): 7:17am On Oct 06, 2015
Since Buhari enter power I never
see my generator not to talk of putting
it on or buy fuel.

Naija go better.

Like if Buhari is working...
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by Aifedayo(m): 7:18am On Oct 06, 2015
uptoHim:
The moderators are funny! Either they didn't see the similar threat I created, or there is something more than funny about them.

Cc: Lalasticlala, ishilove, Seun

That's just it, you created a threat instead of a thread. *wink*
Re: How Is The Light Situation In Your Area by asaju10(m): 7:18am On Oct 06, 2015
It is not as good as before, like 6 hrs a day. I rep Ajah Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked / Abdullahi Abbas: Kano Supplementary Election Is “Do Or Die” – APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.