Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant (12986 Views)

This Is How You Negotiate Salary When You Are About To Be Hired / 100 Persons Will Be Hired By Nigerialog.com / These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Mrshape: 7:11am On Apr 12, 2020
Via numerical method (The Lambert W function to be precise)
There are two solutions to this equation:
x=0.154953, x=2.
You are the only one talking sense so far.
But you did not show your workings
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Mrshape: 7:12am On Apr 12, 2020
prideofscience:
This ans is almost perfect so op no ojoro
It is wrong
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Mrshape: 7:17am On Apr 12, 2020
Neyozak:

Believe me without any sentiment the guy got it. That problem is just to exercise the brain to think out of box. Am was quite sure dat somebody will get d steps but am supprised that the solution steps came earlier than expected. I though it may probably take us few days to av it done. U see what dat guy did was just logical manipulation which satisfied the mathematical statement or equation. Test his manipulation for x equal to 2. U will see it is defined. On my own marking guide I divided by 8 with virtually similar steps. Let me shock u, at times we add zero to equation to be solved e.g +1-1,et.c All the same thanks.

THE SOLUTION ACTUALLY CAME OUT FIVE YEARS AFTER.

I DID NOT SEE ANY CORRECT SOLUTON THERE ONLY ONE person. Was able to tell the method and answer but no solution the others failed woefully
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Hausa(m): 7:20am On Apr 12, 2020
Mrshape:

THE SOLUTION ACTUALLY CAME OUT FIVE YEARS AFTER.

I DID NOT SEE ANY CORRECT SOLUTON THERE ONLY ONE person. Was able to tell the method and answer but no solution the others failed woefully
Did you consider whether or not they used a different method?
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Mrshape: 7:23am On Apr 12, 2020
Hausa:

I have checked through all the comments no one presented a mathematically correct solution.
They are all manipulations
So far too my knowledge only Lambert W can solve this type of questions numerically.

I was expecting one of the comments to prove me wrong.
But i just keep on finding mathematical error in each.
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Mrshape: 7:25am On Apr 12, 2020
Hausa:

Whether different method or not ones a nor mathematical procedure us found in it, the method is absolutely wrong
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Hausa(m): 7:54am On Apr 12, 2020
Mrshape:

I have checked through all the comments no one presented a mathematically correct solution.
They are all manipulations
So far too my knowledge only Lambert W can solve this type of questions numerically.

I was expecting one of the comments to prove me wrong.
But i just keep on finding mathematical error in each.
The OP didn't state whether it should be solved numerically or not.
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Mrshape: 8:19am On Apr 12, 2020
Hausa:
The OP didn't state whether it should be solved numerically or not.
But the solution he approved is wrong.
And no other correct method was found in the whole tread? Apart from trial and error method, who takes that serious?
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Geophilip: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2020
Mrshape:
Oh! Now I get you. I meant the exact numerical solution.
ok
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Hausa(m): 6:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
Mrshape:

But the solution he approved is wrong.
And no other correct method was found in the whole tread? Apart from trial and error method, who takes that serious?
I wish you could solve it like the rest without doing a screenshot.
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Mrshape: 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hausa:
It was a picture not screenshot
Paper and Biro picture
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Mrshape: 8:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hausa:
2^2x=8x
1/8=x/2^2x
1/8=x(2^-2x)
1/8=xe^ln2^-2x
1/8=xe^-(2xln2)
Our aim is to make it ye^y
Multiply both sides by-2ln2
(-ln2)/4=-2xln2e^(-2xln2)

We see the right hand side is now ye^y
Were the y is -2xln2 so this is omega or Lambert w or product log function format.

2xln2=Wz( ( ln2)/4)
x=(Wz( (ln2)/4)/2ln2
Were z is all integer.
Wz((ln2)/4))=4ln2
Substitute
X=-4ln2/2ln2=2
This is the correct one I even made an error in the omega in the initial work thanks for pushing me to solve again

Neyozak
Nobody
Chpretty48
Bhayomi
Clemetnoble22
Segedy
Zenithbiz
Flossy007
ayindepremier
engrichie92
dejt4u
Alvanify
Softhamds
INCREDIBLEGVY.
and others come see the solution

1 Like

Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Hausa(m): 11:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
Mrshape:

2^2x=8x
1/8=x/2^2x
1/8=x(2^-2x)
1/8=xe^ln2^-2x
1/8=xe^-(2xln2)
Our aim is to make it ye^y
Multiply both sides by-2ln2
(-ln2)/4=-2xln2e^(-2xln2)

We see the right hand side is now ye^y
Were the y is -2xln2 so this is omega or Lambert w or product log function format.

2xln2=Wz( ( ln2)/4)
x=(Wz( (ln2)/4)/2ln2
Were z is all integer.
Wz((ln2)/4))=4ln2
Substitute
X=-4ln2/2ln2=2
This is the correct one I even made an error in the omega in the initial work thanks for pushing me to solve again

Neyozak
Nobody
Chpretty48
Bhayomi
Clemetnoble22
Segedy
Zenithbiz
Flossy007
ayindepremier
engrichie92
dejt4u
Alvanify
Softhamds
INCREDIBLEGVY.
and others come see the solution

Nice one, bro.
You haven't lost your touch.
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by imustmakeit(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Mrshape: 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
imustmakeit:
hey boss, how about this solution? Is there an error in it?
At that point were you cancelled
That's were you failed it
You state evaluating power from the top to bottom not bottom to top
2^3^2
Is not
(2x2x2)^2

It is
2^(3x3)
Which is 2^9
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by imustmakeit(m): 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

At that point were you cancelled
That's were you failed it
You state evaluating power from the top to bottom not bottom to top
2^3^2
Is not
(2x2x2)^2

It is
2^(3x3)
Which is 2^9
you're furking right, I just noticed it now angry
Re: Solve This Problem & Be Hired as Consultant by Mrshape: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
imustmakeit:
you're furking right, I just noticed it now angry
Simle....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ikeja Electric (esr) 2017 invitation For Test / Ushering Jobs Available / Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.