Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe (1957 Views)

Captain Gidado Killed By Boko Haram Buried At Military Cemetery,Maiduguri(Pics) / Bomb Blast At Military Checkpoint In Biu, Many Feared killed - Mezie Times / Secretary’s Appearance At Military Probe Unsettles PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by adehsenior(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2015
No fewer than 107 persons have been
reported dead as members of the dreaded
sect, Boko Haram, invaded a military base
in Yobe State.
Casualty figure on the side of Boko Haram
was put at no fewer than 100, while seven
soldiers died.
The Boko Haram insurgents were said to
have invaded the base of the 120 Task
Force Battalion troops located at Goniri,
Yobe State, with the aim of overrunning it.
However, the troops overpowered them.
The Acting Director of Army Public
Relations, Colonel Sani Usman, confirmed
the development.
Usman said in a statement: “The fleeing
Boko Haram terrorists in a great sign of
desperation and to create an impression
that they remain relevant, at the early
hours of today made a futile attempt on
120 Task Force Battalion troops located at
Goniri, Yobe State.
“During the encounter our gallant troops
successfully repelled the attacked and
inflicted heavy casualty on the invading
terrorists as all of them were killed. On the
last count over 100 terrorists bodies were
seen. Unfortunately however, 7 of our
gallant soldiers paid the supreme price
while defending our fatherland, while 1
officer and 8 soldiers were wounded in
action.
“During the encounter, the troops have
recovered a sizeable arms, ammunitions
and other equipment from the terrorists.
These include 1 General Purpose Machine
Gun, 2 Rocket Propelled Grenades, 9 AK-47
rifles and Belted rounds of 7.62 (NATO)
ammunitions. Others were various wires
used for Improvised Explosive Devices
(IEDs), 7 Primed IEDs, different types of
Spanners and a Torch Light.
“The troops have consolidated on the
encounter and more determined to defend
their location and continued to serve as
blocking force to any fleeing terrorists from
the Nigerian Air Force aerial bombardments
and other troops artillery fire.
“In a related development, troops of 21
Brigade on fighting patrol from Bama to
Ngurosoye, have destroyed Boko Haram
terrorists camps along that axis. While on
patrol, the brave soldiers came across
some of the terrorists hideouts that also
served as fabricating area for IEDs and the
terrorists’ training area. Another patrol
along Bama-Kawuri axis discovered and
exhumed IEDs and wires for detonation.
“It is important to reiterate that the
Nigerian Army along with the support of
the Nigerian Air Force and other Security
Agencies would not relent in its determined
effort of defeating Boko Haram terrorists.
https://www.today.ng/news/22279/107-dead-in-army-boko-haram-clash-at-military-barracks-in-yobe/
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by Dannyset(m): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2015
??
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by TheFreeOne: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2015
Not again angry

I hope our military are on top of the situation and not feeding us lies cos these are attacks seems to be on the rise.

1 Like

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by seunmsg(m): 8:31am On Oct 07, 2015
Good to hear that the terrorists were overpowered. Kudos to the ever gallant men of the Nigerian Army.

2 Likes

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by chino11(m): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2015
Pictures of the 100 dead BH or you are talking arrant nonsense. .

2 Likes

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by kamair237(m): 8:33am On Oct 07, 2015
Wailers will not like This....

Non Wailers will feast on this.....

am a non Wailer!!!

3 Likes

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by lovesamzy: 8:33am On Oct 07, 2015
na wa O, tank God

1 Like

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by Lilimax(f): 8:35am On Oct 07, 2015
May God strengthen our soldiers.

1 Like

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by luvablesam(m): 8:36am On Oct 07, 2015
This is no longer funny honestly
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by Acjohn(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2015
I laugh when I heard PMB wanted to give them amnesty, them go use the money go vacation, chop tuwo bellefood come dey attack again.
can't the over wise Kaduna state state Governor or the Adams the PEJ financial expedition monitor tell him that? Because I know V.P will tell him and he say the V.P is saying Tinubu's Idea so he would overule it

1 Like

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by Kingsasian(m): 8:49am On Oct 07, 2015
Did I just read "7.62 NATO ambitions"? Who dey supply these guys these weapons sef?
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by zik4ever: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2015
Is this a new incident?
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by Orjioorji(f): 9:08am On Oct 07, 2015
this same buhari boys that Jonathan almost send into extinction before he handover have now not only recovered but gather strength to attack army. we are watching APC

1 Like

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by denko(m): 9:13am On Oct 07, 2015
I have say this several time and still say it again Buhari emergence as President will only empower boko haram what we will only see is media not reporting their activities like they did before. Everybody should empower their regional militants before they will taken unaware.
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by mars123(m): 9:13am On Oct 07, 2015
Orjioorji:
this same buhari boys that Jonathan almost send into extinction before he handover have now not only recovered but gather strength to attack army. we are watching APC
hahaha, Jonathan was unable to send anything into extinction. boko haram, corruption, unemployment, mismanagement, stealing etc.

1 Like

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by erunz(m): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2015
WE ASKED PEOPLE TO DEFINE THE CHANGE THEY ARE BRINGING, THEY COULD NOT BUT WERE JUST SCREAMING CHANGE!!!!!!!!! . WE GAVE THEM THE CHANGE BUT FROM ALL INDICATION WE ARE ON AUTO REVERSE. THERE IS NO JONATHAN TO BLAME AGAIN. OH YE APC ZOMBIES YOU BETTER START WAILING NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. R.I.P TO THE DEAD
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by zik4ever: 9:20am On Oct 07, 2015
chino11:
Pictures of the 100 dead BH or you are talking arrant nonsense. .
Even pictures will not do. Anyone can do photoshop. We need massive arrest and prosecution of high-profile leaders and sponsors of the group in open/televised trial and an end to killings as the ONLY believable evidence that we are as usual "on top of the situation" or "winning the war".

1 Like

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2015
kamair237:
Wailers will not like This....

Non Wailers will feast on this.....

am a non Wailer!!!
do u expect army to report that they suffer more casualty than boko haram, wait for boko haram version of the story. meanwhile I'm a wailer but wish boko death, please tell your army and your body odour president to stop lying, it wont do them good. thanks.
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by denko(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2015
APC played a dangerous politics to grab power, i only pity buhari according to shiek gumi
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by seunmsg(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2015
denko:
APC played a dangerous politics to grab power, i only pity buhari according to shiek gumi

What has APC winning political power got to do with boko haram that started since the regime of Yar'adua?

1 Like

Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 07, 2015
Now they are using bombs and attacks to divert attention from their Jaga-jaga ministerial list. Buhari please stop the killing.
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by kellyJames5(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2015
The last time I checked,NA has twitter account where they break such news.
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by seunmsg(m): 11:03am On Oct 07, 2015
kellyJames5:

The last time I checked,NA has twitter account where they break such news.

It's on the official facebook page of Defence headquarters.

https://m.facebook.com/DefenceInfoNG/posts/865393093568147
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by Dracula27: 11:15am On Oct 07, 2015
100 BH killed + only 9 riffles recovered = LIE
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by Onyejiuwaokoh: 11:25am On Oct 07, 2015
I pity the innocent souls within that area, they may be countered among the killed terrorists. But the real story of the battle will soon be released by the Boko haram through Audio or youtube. The Nigeria Army can lie to cover the incompetence of our government.
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by flyingsnail(f): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2015
My village man just called his son in the army to come back to village immediately

sad
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by evansvenus(m): 11:56am On Oct 07, 2015
Waiting for shekau to realease an audio message refuting what the nigerian military postulated!december is nigh...yet bokoharam sect bombing activities is still in progress! For how long will north eastern nigeria suffer this menace?
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by baralatie(m): 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
denko:
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by baralatie(m): 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dracula27:
100 BH killed + only 9 riffles recovered = LIE
Re: 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe by jpphilips(m): 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
How can a weakened Boko haram have the capacity and logistics to attempt a take over of a military base?
How can an organisation claimed to have been severely degraded have the capacity to mobilize over 100 fighters for just a hit?
The whole military successes on BH does not really add up anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Ben Carson Caught In Lie About Full Scholarship To West Point Academy / Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? / Cramjones Nairaland Politics Winner choosing criteria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.