Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,357 members, 7,957,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? (8719 Views)

When A Girl Secretly Admires A Particular Guy / Marrying From Tiv: Check Their Marriage Requirements. / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by irynterri(f): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mcowubaba:

We are mostly talking about Igbo men marrying an Hausa women Not vice Versa!!!
Women can marry anybody because of money, fame, respect nd "love" (no offence)..but Men don't really do that...
@topic..
Its simple, because of RELIGION....some Igbo guys don't even knw that there is a reasonable percentage of Hausa Christians....

Christians marrying Muslims anywhere in the world(not only Nigeria) is extremely Scarce!!!
The 2 Religions are totally not compatible with each other...
i think i wrote about dat too..jst saying my observation
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
exxell:

Black and white are nomenclatures. Am talking about tribes. Igbo and Igbo or Igbo and any white tribe marriage is like water and water coming together but Igbo and Hausa or Yoruba marriage is like heaven and Hell or Light and Darkness coming together. [s]Igbo is light while Hausa/Yoruba are darkness. There can never be peace between them till infinity and beyond.undecided undecided undecided [/s]

Why do you think all Hausa/Yoruba notables rush off to marry light skin Igbo girls? Because they know we are superior. Eg Atiku, Babangida, FFK etc. You can never see any Igbo notable marry outside Igbo. If you see any, it was for a poitical appointment, business gain or one other frivolous reason which is bad!!

Don't be a fool SON.. The OP raised a question, Left 4 u to drop your contribution or keep quiet.. U re just been foolish... U said u re Light Yoruba/Huasa is darkness.. just because u guys don't have anything in common doesn't make u more superior than any tribe in Nigeria.

I 4 example I gat nothing in Common with Igbo or Hausa.. Am from Delta, am 80-90% related to Edo, and 10% related to Yoruba (Cous of language).. but that doesn't makes me superior to Igbo/hausa or inferior to Igbo/Hausa.. if you gat nothing to say just shut the fuckup and let sensible Igbo Contributes to this post...

Back to Topic.. I think the reason Is Religion, Christian/Muslim re two different tin. my opinion thou.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by hertz9te(m): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
jaymejate:
That's why i love Yoruba o, free world. My marle wan make i marry Hausa, my parle prefer ibo... I like all of them cheesy

reason y ibo no like Hausa is because na cow dem de bring cum as Dowry and na Money ibo want. Them go bill you like say they wan give you their Daughter with a Toyota Carolla car. cheesy

#na joke o
your father know wats up
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by idihcoben: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
http://penchant.com.ng/mr-mrs-quiz-17/
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by jamalchance(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
Adikam:
why do igbo-men hate marrying an hausa girls? if you have seen kindly share it here...please avoid tribal e-war thanks

even igbo hate/fear their own brothers #mbaise
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by killsmith(f): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
chimkaire:
...you are a problem to Nigeria's unity angry undecided
and who told you I'm concerned about Nigeria's unity?.. Iranu abasha....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
jamalchance:

even igbo hate/fear their own brothers #mbaise
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
exxell:

Black and white are nomenclatures. Am talking about tribes. Igbo and Igbo or Igbo and any white tribe marriage is like water and water coming together but Igbo and Hausa or Yoruba marriage is like heaven and Hell or Light and Darkness coming together. Igbo is light while Hausa/Yoruba are darkness. There can never be peace between them till infinity and beyond.undecided undecided undecided

Why do you think all Hausa/Yoruba notables rush off to marry light skin Igbo girls? Because they know we are superior. Eg Atiku, Babangida, FFK etc. You can never see any Igbo notable marry outside Igbo. If you see any, it was for a poitical appointment, business gain or one other frivolous reason which is bad!!
havnt seen igbo dating hausa, fulanis at all but come to s south west you will see millions of yoruba dating or having sex with igbo ladies. hausas/fulanis, edos ebiras, igalas et.c i think yoruba men are on top of the game when it comes to dating in Nigeria.

havnt seen igbo dating hausa, fulanis at all but come to s south west you will see millions of yoruba dating or having sex with igbo ladies. hausas/fulanis, edos ebiras, igalas et.c i think yoruba men are on top of the game when it comes to dating in Nigeria. and nothing political about it
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by clemz85(m): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
we hear say dem dey flog well well,
makawetin dem flog me naa

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
killsmith:
and who told you I'm concerned about Nigeria's unity?.. Iranu abasha....
hihihihihihihihi angry

Na you go tire ooooooo cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by Seculent: 11:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
exxell:

Black and white are nomenclatures. Am talking about tribes. Igbo and Igbo or Igbo and any white tribe marriage is like water and water coming together but Igbo and Hausa or Yoruba marriage is like heaven and Hell or Light and Darkness coming together. Igbo is light while Hausa/Yoruba are darkness. There can never be peace between them till infinity and beyond.undecided undecided undecided

How can a sensible person post this thrash? You're a big fool.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by willbob(m): 12:13am On Oct 08, 2015
exxell:

you carry Biafra for your head like afro
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 08, 2015
Loisemm:
This is why I hv come to respect and admire yorubas. they are not tribalistic. most will gladly marry from anywhere that meets their criteria irrespective of tribe. I am from the south south, married to a wonderful yoruba guy.
are u from Edo state ?
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by JumpingChicken(m): 4:27am On Oct 08, 2015
younghartz:
Religion

But I wish to marry an hausa girl

I love them so much

if u have excess money you can sponsor her family members I swear they'll drop religion one side.

U never see anything.
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 11, 2015
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by nnenneigbo(f): 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
Jummeee:
What on earth are you guys all talking about? Most of you saying Igbo's cannot marry hausas have not travelled outside your enclave to the North to see how igbo girls are marrying Hausa men and vice versa. 'Moi' is happily married to an Igbo man. prouldly Hausa with parents from Kano and Kaduna respectively. With love, religion does not matter, most especially if the parents on both sides are intellectuals (like mine).
Religion does not matter until the kid becomes a terrorist.
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2016
I am an IGBO , presently serving in Jigawa state, to be sincere I do hv a crush on some of the hausafulani girls BC they are obviously beautiful and submissive, but due to Islam, they forbid us(xtians) datin/marrying their girls; else I no go lie u, I 4 carry 1 inyarinya come east, some of the girls re willing but scared BC of the Islamic law n teachings, 4rm experience BC I teach in girls only school, I do feel bad when those chocolate, young slender beautiful girls crush on u but for the fear of their malams reporting u to d nysc local govt inspector for queries n subsequent transfer, I do maintain to avoid story that touch. Hausa's re gud but na Islam spoil them!
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by ButterFrost212(f): 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2016
nnenneigbo:

Religion does not matter until the kid becomes a terrorist.
and why would the kid become a terrorist?
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by KB524(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
The questions should be why Hausa never marries from igbo tribe?
1 religion differences
2 cultural differences
3 real Hausa/Fulani woman can never dates an igbo guy let alone marrying him
most Nigerian tribes Hausa inclusive believe igbo people are human eaters
note:99% OF REAL hAUSA ARE MUSLIM AND NOT ALL northerners that can speak hausa are hausa people over 40% of HAusa speakers are not native speakers,they have their mother tongue which Real Hausa people cant speak although they live in the north
Re: Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? by chi4ik4(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2016
this is just a hypotheses, have you carried out a research on this subject? I'm sure the answer is no.
I'm an Igbo and the king of my home town/village married a Fulani Christian.
The only reason if I may help is because 98% of Hausas are Muslims while 99.9% of Igbos are Christians. Now you see, Igbo and Hausa are not compatible in terms of marriage but business wise they are.
pls keep your silly hypotheses aside....

(1) (2) (Reply)

[PHOTOS] Scientists Out With New Condoms Called Pant Condoms / What Are The Things You Do When You're Alone That No One Knows About / Why Is She Acting Like This, Making Me Sad? [picture To Be Deleted Soon]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.