Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) (2404 Views)

Is Paid Dating The New Wave Of Prostitution? / 10 Signs To Know You Are Dating The Wrong Person / Two Girls Found Out They Were Dating The Same Nigerian Guy After His Death(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Riwo11(f): 5:59am On Oct 08, 2015
You meet a hot guy at a bar. He’s attractive, and he has that carefree demeanor that you thought was only possible in romantic comedies. After a couple of drinks and some great conversation, you decide to come over to his place to get the ball rolling. You notice that he lives in a pretty big house, so you congratulate yourself on finding a guy who’s stable.
But once he unlocks the front door, he whispers to you… “We have to be quiet, my parents might wake up.” Uh oh. You’re hooking up with a guy who lives with mommy and daddy. Now don’t get me wrong, living with your parents isn’t that big of a deal. But you may start to wonder why he’s living with them, when he’s at the age where living independently is more common.
Does he have issues? Do his parents have issues? Is he living the good life by freeloading off his parents? Is this a case of arrested development? And most importantly, is it really that big of a deal? What’s it like to date a guy who lives with his parents? For those of you who have never dated a guy who still lives with his parents, here’s all you need to know.

#1 The best things in life are free. You get it, you totally do. You know why your boyfriend is living in his childhood bedroom. It’s free. In fact, everything is free. There’s no rent. He doesn’t have to buy groceries and cook his food. His mother will even wash his clothes and collect his dirty laundry. She says it’s economical that way. But we know it’s because mothers cannot resist their children. And why do you enjoy seeing your boy get pampered by his mom? Well, the money that he gets to save goes to your “gift” money. Who wouldn’t want that?

#2 Meet the family. It’s every girlfriend’s dream. Getting introduced to the family means something serious is going on with the relationship. But, not you. You already met his family, because there will always be that time when his parents will suddenly come home unexpectedly. We’re just hoping you have all your clothes on when they do. Well, you actually are one of the lucky ones, because not every girl gets to be introduced to the parents of their significant others. Think of this as an advantage rather than something shameful. After all, one of the end goals of all girls is to meet the family of their boyfriends. You just got there earlier than everybody else.

#3 Getting to know you.The term “getting to know your boyfriend” is being taken to a whole new level. You don’t just get to know him as he is now, you get to know his child version. Chances are, if he is still staying in his childhood home, there might still be remnants of who he was when he was still the little baby in the house… Just like he is now. He might still have some of his favorite toys, even the soft ones, somewhere under that huge pile of dirty clothes. Posters of his favorite bands, movies, or comic books are also all over his room. This will be a trip down memory lane for you and him. A chance not every girlfriend gets to have.

#4 Family ties. How does he treat his younger siblings? Is he bullying them? How about his older siblings or his parents? Do you see fear, respect, or nonchalance? The way he treats his family will most likely be the way he will treat you. If you get to see your guy surrounded by family and he acts like a jerk around them, then that’s your cue to get out of there. But if you see that he is a sensible, family-oriented guy, then you know you’re in good hands.

#5 You can take the lead when he finally moves out. Eventually, your guy may realize that he’ll need to move out of his parents’ home. When that time comes, and you’re still around, you can hope that you at least have a say when it comes to picking out the best apartment for him. You can even convince him to live close to your place, so that you can spend all the more time together. The cons of dating a guy who lives with his parents Along with the pros are, of course, the cons. You may have seen these cons coming a mile away, but let’s go through them anyway.

*.#1 Privacy restrictions. For one thing, anything that you do that requires an R rating will need to be done within the confines of his bedroom. You’re lucky if he’s got his own bathroom, but what if you badly need to pee mid-make out session, and you don’t want to risk running into his dad when you’ve got your hair and clothes all in disarray?

*.#2 Interruptus. There will be times when, in the heat of the moment, your guy’s mom will suddenly knock on the door to announce that dinner is ready. Of course, you’ll need to be there. But who would want to give up on potentially great sex to go downstairs and have dinner and small talk with the family?

*.#3 Paper-thin walls. No loud noises during sex. No loud music. All conversations have a volume limit for fear that your guy’s parents might hear any unsavory details. Even when you’re frustrated and arguing, you can’t make a scene because you’re in his parents’ house.

*.#4 Obligations. He may be a freeloader, but he’ll need to fulfill some obligations from time to time. And there will be some obligations that his mom won’t mind saying out loud, even when you’re there. So what you once thought would be a relaxing bonding moment with your guy will turn out to be you sitting around, while he has to do some chores or errands.

Dating a guy who lives with his parents can be both, a blessing and a nightmare. It depends on how you will be reacting to it. If you love the guy enough, then you will try to see the beauty in it. Source: www.riseup247.com

1 Like

Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Tallesty1(m): 6:03am On Oct 08, 2015
Meet him at a bar.

Have a couple of drinks and you are already following him home?

Your own papa no build house?

2 Likes

Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by magabounce(m): 6:06am On Oct 08, 2015
1 night stand abi!!!!
Oshi!!!!!
Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Dahveydson(m): 6:07am On Oct 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Meet him at a bar.

Have a couple of drinks and you are already following him home?

Your own papa no build house?

I just tire for the kain post

1 Like

Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 08, 2015
nice post though, if i was a lady, i will prefare dating a guy dat still lives with his parents but is independent, bcaus dat way i will build family ties with his people and somehow avoid fornication, his parents will be calling me their wife even b4 marriage. "dat moment when his mom will be saying to him, be fast and propose to her b4 she lives us, we dnt wanna loose her to anoda guy.

4 Likes

Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Dojupyo(f): 6:15am On Oct 08, 2015
We are Nigerians... Africans for that matter, I solely think God gave us an uncommon sense compared to the white folks..
Why would she follow the guy to his house after a couple of drinks, a total stranger
Whether the guy stays with his parents or not, he should just be independent..
And there's no big deal there if the guys parents sees her as a daughter in law, only for the guy to get married to someone else..

Congrats, love the lyrics
Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 08, 2015
Why you want guy who stays alone? Girls and marriage mentality
Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 08, 2015
Nothing wrong dating a gurl under yo parent's roof,left for me;i hate such relationships & can never be in one.

#You automatically become a suspect before yo parents,prompting em to ask annoying questions.

#Activities gets to be limited

#You & yo gurl barely would wanna get down on it(you know what i mean) when yo parents are around

#It makes the guy in question committed to the relationship,cos no parents would wanna see their child jumping from one lady to another,all in the name of having fun,when most guys would want to have as many side chics as possible,& that cannot be achieved if you still underneath thy parents.
Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by alegbeleye(m): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2015
Shoro niyen??
Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by naijaboiy: 6:53am On Oct 08, 2015
Girls be complaining about guys still living with their parents meanwhile they are still collecting monthly allowances from their parents at 30.

The only time majority of nigerian ladies get to move out of their homes is when they get married.

As for the Op,living with your parents is not that bad if you are still working and earning a reasonable income. You already have some of the big expenses covered by your parents so the money you earn can be used in taking good care of yourself and even sustaining a relationship.

Sometimes it's better to live in your parents house till you get married instead of going out to want to live alone and you are struggling like a hen in the snow.

2 Likes

Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 08, 2015
Dojupyo:
We are Nigerians... Africans for that matter, I solely think God gave us an uncommon sense compared to the white folks..
Why would she follow the guy to his house after a couple of drinks, a total stranger
And there's no big deal there if the guys parents sees her as a daughter in law, only for the guy to get married to someone else..

Congrats bro, love the lyrics
lol she's just writing a fiction story to go with the write up..her point is "why a guy is still living with his parents"

1 Like

Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 08, 2015
The first step of independence for a man I moving out.
Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Cutehector(m): 7:38am On Oct 08, 2015
firstEVA:
The first step of independence for a man I moving out.
independence day.

See, its not bad for a guy to take a gurl to his parents house.. Even sef, e still dey happen till 2moro so wat d heck is d big deal thr...

2 Likes

Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2015
Dojupyo:

Congrats, love the lyrics

Im an African and my bro'd brought a girl he met at the café home for a night long romp on a wkend. She's his gf now and things are getting serious already. So, its not about how you met or where you met. Its more about how well you can keep it going. Moreover, which African rule book has it that you dont hook up with a guy on the first contact?

1 Like

Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by eph12(m): 8:04am On Oct 08, 2015
So I heard the first step of independence is moving out? Well in my case not true. First step is making your own fvckin money and not having to ask for money from your parents unless you're borrowing it. Also being able to lend or give your mom money when she needs it.

By the way is it reasonable to go rent house outside when you can get a land and build your own house? Unless where you work is really far from your parents place it makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Dojupyo(f): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2015
pinceprinz:

Im an African and my bro'd brought a girl she met at the café home for a night long romp on a wkend. She's his gf now and things are getting serious already. So, its not about how you met or where you met. Its more about how well you can keep it going. Moreover, which African rule book has it that you dont hook up with a guy on the first contact?

It's not bad to be more careful, certainly not meeting someone for the first time, and spending the night with her that same day..
Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2015
Dojupyo:

It's not bad to be more careful, certainly not meeting someone for the first time, and spending the night with her that same day..

One's gotta be mindful. However , youthful age shouldn't be about being too careful and smart about everything all the time. Yikes! One's gotta move off-lane sometimes y'know. Life's but an adventure. The gentle deer and the restless monkey will all die anyway...
Re: Dating The Guy Who Still Lives With His Parents. (here Is All You Need To Know) by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2015
Cutehector:
independence day.

See, its not bad for a guy to take a gurl to his parents house.. Even sef, e still dey happen till 2moro so wat d heck is d big deal thr...
I didn't say it's wrong

(1) (Reply)

Please Did I Mess Up?urgent Answer Needed / A Married Woman With 5kids Throwing Romantic Shades Towards Me / What Was Your First Heartbreak Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.