Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

I Met A Real Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Met A Real Man (1492 Views)

I met a dead man physically / Prostitute Met A Man Whom She Could Not Handle And Ran Away Naked (photos) / I Just Met A Very Handsome And Intelligent Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Met A Real Man by SSpeter(m): 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
The year was 2008, October to be precise I got admission into the university. On merit of course....but I became quite ill afterwards nd was contemplating perhaps I should differ the admission. Luckily I started responding to treatment and all hands were on deck to expedite the recuperating process. When I got back to school, I did the late reg. Though the department was kept apprised of my condition. No hostel for me embarassed Infact test don they boil in and with my condition (just recuperating) living alone off campus was out of the box.
A distant family friend was contacted who was living close to campus he offered to let me in. There I met a Man. A real Man. I called him a real man because he was a no nonsense Man. He has a wife and a daughter. Mum was scared at first, so was I. The wife didn't like the Idea as did the wife's Mum who visits occasionally. But the Man was a man and often rose to the occasion. He can read in-between the lines and when there was rancour between the wife nd I after listening to both sides he will tell the wife you are at fault. When she complains about things in the house he investigates nd comes up with logical conclusions. The wife reported to the brother, when the told him all the wife said he told the brother "Live and let's Live, I won't support evil just to have peace". He had to tell the wife's mother point blank "If you keep taking sides without thorough examination you may have to stop visiting" He was a Boss though not Bossy. He trashed complaints like a real man. I Respected Him More Than My Dad. He applied wisdom to the cheeks of his wife one night then I felt it was high time I left. I told him the next morning about my plans and he laughed after dinner that night he said to be "Boy you Have to be a Man" sometimes everything is required to stay afloat. "Even if you lose everywhere do not lose at Home" "I had to hit my wife because she was becoming rebellious, do not treat rebellious act softly you kill it" "It is like cancer and begins with a threat"....Finally he told me when you get married someday " Talk to your wife if she misbehaved, empathise if she nags, walk away if she complains and strike if she Rebels"....Its been seven Years and the words keep ringing in my ears. Then I asked myself; what if Ademola was to be a weak man? That woman for use my eyes see fire....lol....But He was a Man...nd I respect Him even more than my DAD...in less than 8 months we spent together he taught me everything I knew about being a Man. When I came nd asked my dad how they both knew because obviously he can't be family I am from SS nd he is yoruba. He was just a casual friend back then that was all my dad said . I was shocked... I inscribed his words in my heart because.....He is Truly a Real Man...

3 Likes

Re: I Met A Real Man by GidisFinest: 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
In Yoruba* Oma Se o undecided
Re: I Met A Real Man by delishpot: 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
How does one "strike" the rebel wife?
Plus that is not a happy home jor. The wife will always think the hubby is never on her side(even when she was the one at fault)
Best bet is to marry someone of like mind. No need to strike and force yourself to be a man. The leadership just flows.
He tried sha, I couldnt live with a petty wife.

1 Like

Re: I Met A Real Man by SSpeter(m): 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
delishpot:
How does one "strike" the rebel wife?
Plus that is not a happy home jor. The wife will always think the hubby is never on her side(even when she was the one at fault)
Best bet is to marry someone of like mind. No need to strike and force yourself to be a man. The leadership just flows.
He tried sha, I couldnt live with a petty wife.
The wife will always think before she acts....Applying wisdom to the cheeks is how you terminate rebellion....You will never see someone of like mind even identical twins differ in attitude

1 Like

Re: I Met A Real Man by SSpeter(m): 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
GidisFinest:
In Yoruba* Oma Se o undecided
Na language u speak..? ko ye mi oooo
Re: I Met A Real Man by kay9(m): 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
SSpeter:
Applying wisdom to the cheeks...

I don't believe I've heard the "igbati" described like that before. grin

Still though, raising your hands to wifey is a no-no for me. If I ever have to do that, I might as well call the lawyer to prep the papers cos my respect for her is gone... and I can't live with someone I don't respect.
Re: I Met A Real Man by SSpeter(m): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
kay9:

I don't believe I've heard the "igbati" described like that before. grin

Still though, raising your hands to wifey is a no-no for me. If I ever have to do that, I might as well call the lawyer to prep the papers cos my respect for her is gone... and I can't live with someone I don't respect.
Raising your hands on your wife is Wrong.....applying wisdom on your wife is Right...They are two distinct terms
Re: I Met A Real Man by geraob1: 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
Its silly things like ds dt makes u men bitch niggers in ur own homes. No b say e de good to woz woman but smtyms its necessary...
Re: I Met A Real Man by SSpeter(m): 12:21am On Oct 09, 2015
geraob1:
Its silly things like ds dt makes u men bitch niggers in ur own homes. No b say e de good to woz woman but smtyms its necessary...
I think when they become rebellious...something extra needs to be done
Re: I Met A Real Man by Olasco93: 4:19am On Oct 09, 2015
Yes. This is just who i want to be HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD... And everybody will know you plainly that you're no STRICT, but just want to make the WORLD a better place.
#"Don't loose at Home" still ringing everywhere i go...

(1) (Reply)

Forced Marriage - Sudanese Man Forced To Marry A Goat He Raped - See Photos / Ladies :please Stop This Immature Attitudes. / Did You Ever Drink This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.