Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Which Girl Do I Decide On? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Girl Do I Decide On? (46350 Views)

Guys!!!.... Which Girl Would You Choose (photos) / Which Girl Is Prettier?(pic) / What Jealousy Made A Nigerian Girl Do To Her Boyfriend.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
I have a little problem and need some advice on it:

I've got a girl I like. We met at nysc and got along really good. Even today i still remember the first day i saw her. She studied psychology and even though I'm an engineer we could relate and talk a lot about her subject, as I read a lot and kinda have read much on psychology. After nysc we still kept in touch and continued to talk even though i never asked her out formally. Soon i got a job away from her. Our talking continued on phone.

While out of Nigeria on training, I met another lady. She's just as pretty as the other one, but has a great job and is a confident woman. The other girl is still searching for a job; and her psychology degree is no help. I have a great job myself and i earn seven digits in naira per month. The new girl also works with an oil form and earns very well. We have got along these past few months and I really have fun talking to her and hanging out.

I have always wanted an independent woman as a wife, a woman who can stand by herself and who has prospects for a huge career. I'm career-minded myself. But now, I'm really confused who to plan my life with and settle down with as a partner: this independent lady who I believe I like or the other unemployed lady who I seem to have a more relaxed, longer friendship with.

Note: I've not asked any of them out formally. Please help.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by 48noble(m): 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
wetin u dey find for sokoto dey for sokoto....
lookingbuoy:
I've got a girl I like. We met at nysc and got along really good. Even today i still remember the first day i saw her. She studied psychology and even though I'm an engineer we could relate and talk a lot about her subject, as I read a lot and kinda have read much on psychology. After nysc we still kept in touch and continued to talk even though i never asked her out formally. Soon i got a job outside of the country and had to leave. Our talking continued on phone.
While out of Nigeria on training, I met another lady. She's just as pretty as the other one, but has a great job and is a confident woman. The other girl is still searching for a job; and her psychology degree is no help. I have a great job myself and i earn seven digits in naira per month. The new girl also works with an oil form and earns very well. We have got along these past few months and I really have fun talking to her and hanging out.
I have always wanted an independent woman as a wife, a woman who can stand by herself and who has prospects for a huge career. I'm career-minded myself.[s][/s] But now, I'm really confused who to plan my life with and settle down with as a partner: this independent lady who I believe I like or the other unemployed lady who I seem to have a more relaxed, longer friendship with.

31 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by hob(m): 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Test the water my guy

Ask both out and do your research, its not about just picking one

15 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by ronald4lif(m): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2015
Are you presently in the country or out of Nigeria? If outside go for the new lady but if back in Nigeria or plan to return and resettle there in the nearest future go for the psychology friend.

Avoid getting involve in a distant relationship and save yourself from drama and deceit even as you'd likely cheat with either of them who reside in same environment as you. Your choice should be based on where you're presently domiciled or where you intend to retire to.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by DiegoNakel(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
Bro date the two of at the same time. Study their strengths ,weaknesses and also their behaviours. Marriage no b joke oo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Slimzjoe(m): 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
Marry the one with the bigger Br3ast

144 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
48noble:
wetin u dey find for sokoto dey for sokoto....
My friendship with the unemployed one is so unfettered and we goof around a lot. It's like two children playing in the sand, and i kinda like that. She's hoping that I'll ask her out formally, but i don't like her unemployed situation.

My friendship with the independent one is kinda rigid and formal. We talk, gist, go to dinner dates, but hardly joke around. We do joke around sometimes though.

And it seems i want what both of them have: i want the freedom i get with the other lady and the independence i get with the other

7 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
DiegoNakel:
Bro date the two of at the same time. Study their strengths ,weaknesses and also their behaviours. Marriage no b joke oo
Hmmm... good advice. Thanks. But if the other one remains unemployed, I wouldn't like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by DiegoNakel(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
lookingbuoy:

Hmmm... good advice. Thanks. But if the other one remains unemployed, I wouldn't like that.

There's nothing God cannot do. Na God get power oooooooooo !!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by sugah: 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
Tricky,

I would have said to go with the independent one (nobody wants to marry a liability), but are you prepared to endure what comes with 'independence'?

You sound like you are more smitten with the jobless broad. Follow your heart head.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Bekwarra(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
Go for the tighter punny

Well today is my birthday but I won't beg for likes unlike some people.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
sugah:
Tricky,

I would have said to go with the independent one (nobody wants to marry a liability), but are you prepared to endure what comes with 'independence'?

You sound like you are more smitten with the jobless broad. Follow your heart head.
Hmm...
You are right. I'm actually more smitten by the unemployed lady. But i dont like her unemployed situation. And she also comes off as not so independent. The other lady is as pretty, way more independent (perhaps totally), holds her on and carries herself well. She has most things I've fantasized about my woman having, only my relationship with her is not as boundless as what i have with the unemployed lady.
I believe i can comfortably take care of the home with the unemployed one. However, i don't like her unemployed situation one bit.

3 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by lapazi(m): 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
you havnt even asked any out yet here and u already concluding, dude ask them out first!!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
lapazi:
you havnt even asked any out yet here and u already concluding, dude ask them out first!!!
Even if you haven't asked a lady out yet, you know pretty well where your dice will fall. I know for sure they both want to date me. I have no doubts about that. Besides, I have had a very good chance to observe all these things i mentioned about them close up.

3 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by sugah: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
lookingbuoy:
Hmm...
You are right. I'm actually more smitten by the unemployed lady. But i dont like her unemployed situation. And she also comes off as not so independent. The other lady is as pretty, way more independent (perhaps totally), holds her on and carries herself well. She has most things I've fantasized about my woman having, only my relationship with her is not as boundless as what i have with the unemployed lady.
I believe i can comfortably take care of the home with the unemployed one. However, i don't like her unemployed situation one bit.

Then you should do something about her "unemployed situation". You know not all relationships should lead to marriage. Relationships should be about what you can offer to the next person, not really what you want from them. If you have the wherewithal to empower her (a lil from your seven figure salary), you should do that. Empowerment doesn't necessarily have to be about giving her money. While she is waiting to be employed, does she have any passions that can fetch some form of income from? Have you talked her into getting anymore educational qualifications that would give her an edge against the other millions of graduates being churned out from schools? Does she have a business plan that you can finance? You should help her.
Even if she doesn't end up being as financially independent as you want her to be and end up marrying the other broad, she would never forget you and how you touched her life(as long as sex isnt involved).

196 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by 48noble(m): 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
Unemployment is a temporary thing, unlike xter which pick milk say it's in u...
Shine ur eyz...

23 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
I never knew there was a theory that states that once an unemployed is forever an unemployed.... Pls ur thinking faculty is so so annoying.... So becos the other lady is jobless makes her less eligible to be ur wife??

Guys!!!! angry

166 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by seoxpert(m): 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
Bekwarra:
Go for the tighter punny

Well today is my birthday but I won't beg for likes unlike some people.

The tighter punny will expand after the first fruits show forth, lol.

5 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
sugah:

Then you should do something about her "unemployed situation". You know not all relationships should lead to marriage. Relationships should be about what you can offer to the next person, not really what you want from them. If you have the wherewithal to empower her (a lil from your seven figure salary), you should do that. Empowerment doesn't necessarily have to be about giving her money. While she is waiting to be employed, does she have any passions that can fetch some form of income from? Have you talked her into getting anymore educational qualifications that would give her an edge against the other millions of graduates being churned out from schools? Does she have a business plan that you can finance? You should help her.
Even if she doesn't end up being as financially independent as you want her to be and end up marrying the other broad, she would never forget you and how you touched her life(as long as sex isnt involved).
Thanks for this. Good advice.

7 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by sugah: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
Harbosede02:
I never knew there was a theory that states that once an unemployed is forever an unemployed.... Pls ur thinking faculty is so so annoying.... So becos the other lady is jobless makes her less eligible to be ur wife??

Guys!!!! angry

Typical female response. Emotional and sentimental.

Finances are a major problem in marriages my dear..many people go into marriage without thinking of their financial state because they think 'love conquers all', 3 years down the line when hunger has thrown the love out of the window the marriage ends in a divorce.

So let lookingbouy be a 'man' trying to make an all round decision for the future.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Adaeze003(f): 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
lookingbuoy:

My friendship with the unemployed one is so unfettered and we goof around a lot. It's like two children playing in the sand, and i kinda like that. She's hoping that I'll ask her out formally, but i don't like her unemployed situation.

My friendship with the independent one is kinda rigid and formal. We talk, gist, go to dinner dates, but hardly joke around. We do joke around sometimes though.

And it seems i want what both of them have: i want the freedom i get with the other lady and the independence i get with the other

Which is more important to you? How you feel around them or independence? Figure that out and you have a winner.

1 Like

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
LOL! So unemployment is now a deal breaker in this marriage matter.

OP, is she doing anything about it. Some people do not like your regular 9-5. Is she looking to start up something? Or you also don't like those running their own business?

Psychology is NOT a bad degree, there's so many options; HR, counselling, kids with special needs etc.

If you really like her, then you should just try to help, ask her her career goals, how she plans to achieve it. Her answers will tell you where her head is; if she's just a NFA or not.

If you like the other career girl more, you can work on your communication. It could get better with time, except she's just serious like that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
seven digits? That is a million and u aren't sure who to date. I smell lies. hit like if you agree with me that this story is fake

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
Actually this is my own definition of gold digging cheesy

If he ordinarily like the career lady more, well that is OK.
But as a result of the unemployment of the other lady he is falling for the career lady.

That's gold digging one way or the other cheesy wink

If the op was a girl he won't date for anything except money.

Because he is a guy no one is calling him gold digger angry grin

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
baibijay:

Actually my own definition of gold digging cheesy

If he ordinarily like the career lady more that is OK.
But as a result of the unemployment of the other lady he is falling for the career lady.

That's gold digging one way or the other cheesy wink

If the op was a girl he won't date for anything except money.
on point!!!!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Jamean(f): 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:

I can perceive that your major reservation with MzPsychology degree is the fact that she has no job. So what have you done about her unemployment situation?
Is it only women that are advised to build their own man? Have you considered the implications of getting hooked with a lady you are really formal with.

Oftentimes the real troubles in life are the things that never crossed our worried mind.

You are not even giving consideration to what you feel for them, their achievements is overshadowing that. The rich marry the rich and the strata in the society remains same. In Kachis.barbie's voice "don't marry for money but go to where the rich are and marry for love"

Lalasticlala please move this to FP for an intelligent debate.

Regards

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
Looking at the answers of the OP, he better opt for the psychology-girl, that's the cheapest option, as he is gonna need lifelong psychological counseling on how to follow his heart. She wont be jobless one minute.

#wont mind if both girls turn him down when he has finally made up his mind, let him come back for advice then

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Richie0974: 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
I'll like to say follow your heart but I choose to say.. ..follow your head

2 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by MizTyna(f): 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
You haven't even asked the first one out formally. And you talking about marriage. What if you now ask and she declines?

17 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
Y'all indeed funny. This is a made up story. You can't truly be in such situation and don't know what to do or come online to seek advice from random people. Engineers are smart folks, not this dumba##.

9 Likes

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Emmabel(m): 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
lookingbuoy:

I've got a girl I like. We met at nysc and got along really good. Even today i still remember the first day i saw her. She studied psychology and even though I'm an engineer we could relate and talk a lot about her subject, as I read a lot and kinda have read much on psychology. After nysc we still kept in touch and continued to talk even though i never asked her out formally. Soon i got a job away from her. Our talking continued on phone.

I have always wanted an independent woman as a wife, a woman who can stand by herself and who has prospects for a huge career. I'm career-minded myself. But now, I'm really confused who to plan my life with and settle down with as a partner: this independent lady who I believe I like or the other unemployed lady who I seem to have a more relaxed, longer friendship with.

Re: Which Girl Do I Decide On? by Dazirazo(m): 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
It is better you marry someone who you feel more relaxed with

TO MANAGE diabetes and hypertension www.nairaland.com/2619089/natural-way-completely-manage-diabetes

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Moment A Nairalander Proposed To His Long Time Girlfriend (photos, Video) / The Most Romantic Thing Your Partner Has Ever Said To You. / This Is Why Men Must Be Protected From Women. My Horrible Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.