Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (15893 Views)

Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life / The Human Mind Is The True GOD / Why Mohamed Cannot Possibly Be A Prophet Of The True God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 11:40am On Nov 23, 2015
Richirich713:

"The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father" (John 22-23)

Does that shows that Jesus "demand" such honor or that he simply stated the fact of what the father has done?

Does that scripture in any way suggest that Jesus is in equality with the father?

Who assigned all judging to the son?

Does an equal assign responsibility to his equal?

Who wants all to honor the son? Jesus or the Father?=Father

Is this honor from the father to the son not what we have been talking about all along?

That Yahweh gave honor to David and also gave such honor to Jesus? Why are you going in circle?

Is it on such premise that you based your doctrine on?

What is the new thing that you have came up with now?

SMH seriously for you.

Richirich713:

And after all that smoke, didn't jesus say we 'must' honor him just like we honor the father ?

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
truthislight:

Does that shows that Jesus "demand" such honor or that he simply started the fact of what the father has done?

Does that scripture in an way suggest in any way Jesus equality with the father?

Is this honor from the father to the son not what we have been talking about all along?

That Yahweh gave honor to David and also gave such honor to Jesus? Why are you going in circle?

SMH seriously for you.

The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father" (John 22-23)

Do u honor the Son just like u honor the father?

Either u do or either u consider the Son to be just a creation, nd there4 don't honor him like u honor the father.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Richirich713:

The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father" (John 22-23)

Either u do or either u consider the Son to be just a creation, nd there4 don't honor him like u honor the father.

1John 5:3
"This is what the love of God means: that we observe his commandment".

Matt. 15:8

"This people honor me with their lips, but their heart are far removed from me".

How should Jesus be honored?

Is it not by obaying his commands? how many of those calling him God do what Jesus says in the bible? with the proliferation of Trinitarian religion the world is getting more immoral and corrupt, is it the increased in way wardness the way to obay Jesus?

You think that Shouting "Jesus" for prosperity and selfish reasons means that is Honor to him. Smh.

Jesus is smarter than such.

you, cool down and search out what to Honor the son means, and see those obaying Jesus in its entirety.

Majority of those praying to Jesus sleep and wake in immorality, disobaying Jesus, telling themselves that they leave in "GRACE".

Take Note:

"This people honor me with their lips, but their heart are far removed from me".

And

"This is what the love of God means: that we observe his commandments".

John17:7,8

John 17:7-8

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever you have given me are of yours.

8 For I have given to them the words which you have given me; and they have accepted them, and they have come to known surely that I came from you, and they have believed that you did send me.

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
truthislight:

Does that shows that Jesus "demand" such honor or that he simply started the fact of what the father has done?

Does that scripture in an way suggest in any way Jesus equality with the father?

SMH seriously for you.

Honestly, its difficult for Trinitarian s to accept the simplicity of the bible. They have made things so hard that sometimes they find it hard to define the trinity. Role of each person. You are doing a great work though. All the same, we are all one in Christ. Since He didn't teach trinity himself. We have no curse for not following such doctrine.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
Richirich713:

Just one question. Do we need the trinity doctrine to be saved?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 8:30am On Nov 25, 2015
plappville:

Honestly, its difficult for Trinitarian s to accept the simplicity of the bible. They have made things so hard that sometimes they find it hard to define the trinity. Role of each person. You are doing a great work though. All the same, we are all one in Christ. Since He didn't teach trinity himself. We have no curse for not following such doctrine.

I wish the issue is that simple, and the Almighty will accept it the way you see it.

John 17:3
This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Is getting to know the only true God a function of believing things the way one sees it ? I don't know. If you get a wrong idea of someone, you will described the person wrongly. That to me is not how to 'know the only true God' that leads to eternal life.

1Tim. 2:34

This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

Will the Almighty bend to man's will or men should bend?

I believe that the best bet is lining ones way and believes to what Yahweh has said, "though all men be found a liar, let God be found true".

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 25, 2015
cosiocan:
JESUS IS NOT THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
JESUS IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.
"FOR AS GOD THE FATHER HAS LIFE IN HIMSELF; SO HAS HE GIVEN TO THE SON JESUS CHRIST {by the Holy Ghost} TO HAVE LIFE IN HIMSELF";
◄John 5:26)

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name ( THE NAME OF GOD) than they.
Hebrews 1:4 ►
Therefore Jesus is called God by INHERITANCE.

"Through Jesus Christ we have access by one Holy Spirit unto God the Father"
(Ephesians 2:18).

◄"Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty"►. And if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
◄2 Corinthians 3:16-17). (Roman 8:9)►

So God now has children. grin

Where is his wife.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by urahara(m): 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
if the father of Jesus is the one true god .then the flying sphagetti monster is the one true god
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
chuna1985:

So God now has children. grin

Where is his wife.

Are you not a child of God? Does this make your mum is wife?

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
truthislight:

I wish the issue is that simple, and the Almighty will accept it the way you see it.

This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Is getting to know the only true God a function of believing things the way one sees it ? I don't know. If you get a wrong idea of someone, you will described the person wrongly. That to me is not how to 'know the only true God' that leads to eternal life.

1Tim. 2:34

This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

Will the Almighty bend to man's will or men should bend?

I believe that the best bet is lining ones way and believes to what Yahweh has said, "though all men be found a liar, let God be found true".

Totally agree with these scriptures. . kiss
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
plappville:

Are you not a child of God? Does this make your mum is wife?

I am not.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 9:47am On Nov 26, 2015
plappville:

Just one question. Do we need the trinity doctrine to be saved?

No we need to honor jesus like we honor the father.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 9:52am On Nov 26, 2015
truthislight:

"This is what the love of God means: that we observe his commandment".

How should Jesus be honored?

Is it not by obaying his commands? how many of those calling him God do what Jesus says in the bible? with the proliferation of Trinitarian religion the world is getting more immoral and corrupt, is it the increased in way wardness the way to obay Jesus?

You think that Shouting "Jesus" for prosperity and selfish reasons means that is Honor to him. Smh.

Jesus is smarter than such.

you, cool down and search out what to Honor the son means, and see those obaying Jesus in its entirety.

Majority of those praying to Jesus sleep and wake in immorality, disobaying Jesus, telling themselves that they leave in "GRACE".

Take Note:

And

"This is what the love of God means: that we observe his commandments".

John17:7,8

John 17:7-8

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever you have given me are of yours.

8 For I have given to them the words which you have given me; and they have accepted them, and they have come to known surely that I came from you, and they have believed that you did send me.

Do u honor jesus just like u honor the father?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
chuna1985:

I am not.

Lol. Ignorance is bliss.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 1:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
Richirich713:

Do u honor jesus just like u honor the father?
I obey the son just as i obey the father, but i worship only the only true God, the Father.

.................................................................................................................................................................
Obeying Jesus christ leads to knowing the father and worshiping the father.

John 17:25-26New International Version (NIV)
25 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”
..................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jesus came to the world to lead us to the father.

John 17:6-8English Standard Version (ESV)
6 “I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7 Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. 8 For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me.

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2015
truthislight:

I obey the son just as i obey the father, but i worship only the only true God, the Father.

I didn't ask if u obeyed him?

Honoring someone means much more then just obeying.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by aob2882: 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
cosiocan:
"FOR AS GOD THE FATHER HAS LIFE IN HIMSELF; SO HAS HE GIVEN TO THE SON JESUS CHRIST {by the Holy Ghost} TO HAVE LIFE IN HIMSELF";

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name ( THE NAME OF GOD) than they.

All Christian go in different dimension yet they all claim to have holly spirit.
My question is who are the true follower of jesus Christ between the Christians?
DEEPER LIFE
CELESTIAL
JEHOVAH WITNESS
C & S
RCCG
CHRIST EMBASSY
CHOSEN
CATHOLIC

◄"Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty"►. And if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by aob2882: 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
cosiocan:

All Christian go in different dimension yet they all claim to have holly spirit.
My question is who are the true follower of Jesus Christ between the Christians?
DEEPER LIFE
CELESTIAL
JEHOVAH WITNESS
C & S
RCCG
CHRIST EMBASSY
CHOSEN
CATHOLIC
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by aob2882: 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
Richirich713:
If jesus was not the true God, he should have not accepted worship or being called God.
Please think deeply how can you use the word Begotten to the creator of the universe.

John 3:16King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16King James Version (RSV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by aob2882: 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
Richirich713:

Jesus said, "Touch me and see, FOR A SPIRIT DOES NOT have flesh and bones AS YOU SEE I HAVE," (Luke 24:39)
Meaning that he(jesus) does not die and he never resurected

Jesus says he has FLESH AND BONES.
قَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا الْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ اللّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَـكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ وَإِنَّ الَّذِينَ اخْتَلَفُواْ فِيهِ لَفِي شَكٍّ مِّنْهُ مَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلاَّ اتِّبَاعَ الظَّنِّ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينًا {Quran 4 vs 157}
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

Matthew 26-56 But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.
Meaning that none of the disciple have the exact knowledge of what happen.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
aob2882:

Please think deeply how can you use the word Begotten to the creator of the universe.

John 3:16King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16King James Version (RSV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

I believe in it cuz I believe in the trinity.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
aob2882:

قَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا الْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ اللّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَـكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ وَإِنَّ الَّذِينَ اخْتَلَفُواْ فِيهِ لَفِي شَكٍّ مِّنْهُ مَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلاَّ اتِّبَاعَ الظَّنِّ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينًا {Quran 4 vs 157}
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

Matthew 26-56 But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.
Meaning that none of the disciple have the exact knowledge of what happen.

But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.Those who had arrested Jesus took him to Caiaphas the high priest, where the teachers of the law and the elders had assembled. 58 But Peter followed him at a distance, right up to the courtyard of the high priest. (Matthew 26:56-58)

Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified. So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull ... Here they crucified him, ... Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son," and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home. (John 19:16-27)
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 1:46am On Nov 27, 2015
Richirich713:

"To obey is better than sacrifice".
Ask Saul if in doubt.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 1:47am On Nov 27, 2015
Richirich713:

Ask Saul if in doubt.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
truthislight:

Ask Saul if in doubt.

Again obey doesn't mean honor? Use a dictionary if u in doubt
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 12:39am On Dec 04, 2015
Richirich713:

Eph.6:1,2

Children, be obedient to your parents in union with the Lord, for this is righteous. 2 “Honor your father and your mother” is the first command with a promise: 3 “That it may go well with youa and you may remain a long time on the earth.”

Can honor and obedience be extricated? No. The two go hand in hand.

try separating them if you can.

Any attempt to such end will amount to lips service.

You cannot honor God without obeying him. God is not a kid that you give food.

Jeremiah 7:23

But I did give them this command: “Obey my voice, and I will become your God, and you will become my people. You must walk in all the way that I command, so that it may go well with you.

Romans13:7

Render to all their dues: to the one who calls for the tax, the tax; to the one who calls for the tribute, the tribute; to the one who calls for fear, such fear; to the one who calls for honor, such honor.

Mark 10:17-19

As he was going on his way, a man ran up and fell on his knees before him and put the question to him: “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?” 18 Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good except one, God.19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder,r do not commit adultery,s do not steal,t do not bear false witness,u do not defraud,v honor your father and your mother.’”

What we owe Yahweh and Jesus Christ today is to obey them.
Do you want to Honor them with Animal sacrifice?

"to obey is better than Sacrifice" the Bible says.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 1:37am On Dec 04, 2015
Richirich713:

Neither does 'Honor' mean worship.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 6:49am On Dec 04, 2015
truthislight:

Neither does 'Honor' mean worship.

Honor

noun

The definition of honor is high respect, great reputation or high rank received or enjoyed.

An example of honor is an excellent student receiving praise for their accomplishments.

An example of honor is a welcome home party given for someone returning home after serving in war.

verb

Honor is defined as to respect, worship or accept someone or something.

An example of honor is listening to and obeying someone's wishes.

An example of honor is accepting a check from someone.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/honor
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 6:55am On Dec 04, 2015
truthislight:

Eph.6:1,2

Children, be obedient to your parents in union with the Lord, for this is righteous. 2 “Honor your father and your mother” is the first command with a promise: 3 “That it may go well with youa and you may remain a long time on the earth.”

Can honor and obedience be extricated? No. The two go hand in hand.

try separating them if you can.

Any attempt to such end will amount to lips service.

You cannot honor God without obeying him. God is not a kid that you give food.

Jeremiah 7:23

But I did give them this command: “Obey my voice, and I will become your God, and you will become my people. You must walk in all the way that I command, so that it may go well with you.

Romans13:7

Render to all their dues: to the one who calls for the tax, the tax; to the one who calls for the tribute, the tribute; to the one who calls for fear, such fear; to the one who calls for honor, such honor.

Mark 10:17-19

As he was going on his way, a man ran up and fell on his knees before him and put the question to him: “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?” 18 Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good except one, God.19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder,r do not commit adultery,s do not steal,t do not bear false witness,u do not defraud,v honor your father and your mother.’”

What we owe Yahweh and Jesus Christ today is to obey them.
Do you want to Honor them with Animal sacrifice?

"to obey is better than Sacrifice" the Bible says.

You keep on with this false definition of honor, there are children who obey their parents around the world but still hate their parents.

Does that mean they honor them? No it only means they obey.

Some children even hated their parents so much they ended up killing them, but I'm sure u will still say that some of these children still honor their parents.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2015
"The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father" (John 22-23)

honor

noun
1)high respect; esteem.
2)a privilege.
3)a woman's chastity or her reputation for this.
4)an ace, king, queen, or jack.

verb
1)regard with great respect.
2)fulfill (an obligation) or keep (an agreement).
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 11:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
Richirich713:

You keep on with this false definition
of honor, there are children who obey their parents around the world but still hate their parents.

Does that mean they honor them? No it only means they obey.

Some children even hated their parents so much they ended up killing them, but I'm sure u will still say that some of these children still honor their parents.

On the above ^^ statement.
I have not made any definition here. please, don't lie against me. Please. desist forthwith.

I have simply been showing up what the Bible says on obedience here, You on the other hand wants to use head knowledge.

See below what Jesus said about Obedience.

You have forgotten the Illustration that was made by Jesus himself of two children that was sent on an errand by their father. Maybe you are not aware of it for you to make the above statement.

Matt.21:28-31

What do you think? A man had two children. Going up to the first, he said, ‘Child, go work today in the vineyard.’ 29 In answer this one said, ‘I will not,’ but afterward, he felt regret and went out. 30 Approaching the second, he said the same. This one replied, ‘I will, Sir,’ but did not go out. 31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said: “The first.” Jesus said to them: “Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going ahead of you into the Kingdom of God.

the first initially refused but later, subsequently obeyed and carried out the assignment.

While the second said he will go but later refuses to carry out the assignment.

Which of the two did Jesus said was the better?

What do you learn from the above illustration going by Jesus mind set when it comes to Obedience?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
Richirich713:

honor

noun
1)high respect; esteem.
2)a privilege.
3)a woman's chastity or her reputation for this.
4)an ace, king, queen, or jack.

verb
1)regard with great respect.
2)fulfill (an obligation) or keep (an agreement).

How do you practically show honor to Jesus christ with great respect without obeying Him ?

Answer please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

God Of Chosen Healed 8yr Old Deaf And Dumb At Oyo State Crusade / Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week / Joseph Ifeanyichukwu Ezeking In Kenyan Court For Preaching Without Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.