Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (15323 Views)

Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life / The Human Mind Is The True GOD / Why Mohamed Cannot Possibly Be A Prophet Of The True God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
JMAN05:

Psalm 8:5

I asked was the angel called Yahweh or God?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
plappville:

According to me? Am I now the bible?? undecided

Yes according to ur interpretation.

U say others are called god but ignore how the bible mocks those false gods.

Jesus is obviously not a false god, when jesus disciples called him God they did not say he was a false god.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
Richirich713:

So there are other gods according to u even tho the bible says the is only 1 God.
Bro, your repetitive questions are so fatigued. .. lipsrsealed
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
Since u people don't believe Jesus is God.

Could u plz explain what does jesus mean wen he quotes OT passages referring to Yahweh and says it refers to himself.

Why does the NT apply OT passages which refer to Yahweh to Jesus ?

Why does the NT apply titles and names of Yahweh to Jesus.

Or do u just ignore all that?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
Richirich713:

Jesus is obviously not a false god, when jesus disciples called him God they did not say he was a false god.

Wether they be false gods or not. It not the issue. Those verses proved to u that men were called gods.

There is only one ALMIGHTY GOD. HE IS YAHWEH. Jesus is his only begotten son. Jesus came to fulfil the Messiah prophecies. YAHWEH Didnt do that but Jesus.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
Richirich713:

You keep on saying there is only 1 god, that all other gods are false, yet you now say jesus is god!. Is jesus the father? Are they the same person ?
If jesus is not the same person as the father, is the father god too?
If the father is god, then don't we have two persons who are gods?
If we have two gods, does this not contradict you when you say there is only one god and all others are false? .

Remember, jesus is subjected to god!!
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
plappville:

Wether they be false gods or not. It not the issue. Those verses proved to u that men were called gods.

There is only one ALMIGHTY GOD. HE IS YAHWEH. Jesus is his only begotten son. Jesus came to fulfil the Messiah prophecies. YAHWEH Didnt do that but Jesus.

It is a issue cuz that would mean John 1:1 called jesus a false god, and all other references to Jesus as God meant the bible called him a false god.

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen. ‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, ‘who is, and who was, and who is to come , the Almighty.’" Revelation 1:7-8

Here the bible calls the 1st and last the Almighty.

If jesus ain't God why is he worship.

And I heard EVERY CREATURE in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all therein, saying, ‘To him who sits upon the throne AND TO THE LAMB be blessing and honor and glory and might for ever and ever!’ And the four living creatures said, ‘Amen!’ and the elders fell down and worshiped." Revelation 5:1-14
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jessicha(f): 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
Richirich713:

No messenger is uncreated except jesus.

Scripture declares ALL angels created at Psalm 148: 2 ,5 !!! All

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
Jessicha:

Haba ! No angel is uncreated .
Scripture Said that All Angels are created .

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jessicha(f): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
Richirich713:

Scripture declares ALL Angels created at psalm 148:2,5 !!! All .

4 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
Jessicha:

Scripture declares ALL Angels created at psalm 148:2,5 !!! All .

Still jesus happens to be the Word of God and uncreated

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jessicha(f): 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
Richirich713:

Still

Still what ! ALL angels are created , Do you agree ? Psalm 148:2,5 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
Jessicha:

Still what ! ALL angels are created , Do you agree ? Psalm 148:2,5 cheesy

Yes all messengers/angels are created except the messenger /angel who has Yahweh name in him.

For this particular being is the Word/ presence of Yahweh send/manifested in the form of a messenger

IS THE ANGEL CALLED YAHWEH OR GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT?

Still never answered my question? Is he or is he not if so why and if not why?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jessicha(f): 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
Richirich713:

Yes all messengers/angels are created

All angels , GBAM !

Except the messenger /angel who has Yahweh name in him.

Stop contradicting yourself now , if an angel is uncreated , that scripture will not say ALL , dont you know the meaning of "ALL"

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
Richirich713:

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen. ‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, ‘who is, and who was, and who is to come , the Almighty.’" Revelation 1:7-8

Here the bible calls the 1st and last the Almighty.
If jesus ain't God why is he worship.
And I heard EVERY CREATURE in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all therein, saying, ‘To him who sits upon the throne AND TO THE LAMB be blessing and honor and glory and might for ever and ever!’ And the four living creatures said, ‘Amen!’ and the elders fell down and worshiped." Revelation 5:1-14

What i see is that. As long as i believe the bible is the devine word of God. I must say that all the saying of Jesus are From his Father. For example, to know him was to know God. To see him was to see God. To believe in him was to believe in God. To receive him was to receive God. To hate him was to hate God. And to call him was to call God. Thats why He is our mediator. He claimed the power to say, "Thy sins be forgiven;" "The faith hath saved thee;" "It is better for this man that he had never been born;" "Come unto me;" "Depart from me;" "I never knew you." These and all his other judgments on scribes and Pharisees, and even on devils and hypocrites, on Pilate and Herod, on Jerusalem and the world, they are all revelations of the Father's mind.

John 5:30
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

When Christ Say a word. He says what He hears from His Father.He is acting the Father to us. Thats how I understood it to be. Because if we are to ignore this facts that he never speaks on His own. Then we will conclude that He is God Almighty. Just like you are taking every word he says to be His.

John14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

This is so plain! Take him for his word. Its clear enough. I was sent. I do as I am instructed to do/say.

John 5:19-21
So Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For WHATEVER the Father does, THAT THE SON DOES LIKEWISE. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, SO ALSO THE SON GIVES LIFE TO WHOM HE WILL.’"

Here, Jesus explains what he means that he can do nothing on his own initiative. He cannot act independently from the Father there is a perfect union here.

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
Don't forget someone greater gave this authority to Him. If He is Yahweh how can he give himself something He already has? And also remember. Jesus will give back the Kingdom to God.

Mathew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

1corinthians 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
Jessicha:

All angels , GBAM !

Stop contradicting yourself now , if an angel is uncreated , that scripture will not say ALL , dont you know the meaning of "ALL"

grin grin

I tire for this bros ooo... cheesy
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
Richirich713:

I asked was the angel called Yahweh or God?

And the verse answers it. Hebrew says "elohim". So angels can be called gods.

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 3:53am On Oct 13, 2015
Jessicha:

All angels , GBAM !

grin grin

Wrong again the bible agrees with me wen it says Yahweh can manifest himself in the form of a messenger.

Then you will know that the YAHWEH Almighty HAS SENT ME. Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. FOR I AM COMING, AND I WILL LIVE AMONG YOU,’ declares YAHWEH. ‘Many nations will be joined with YAHWEH in that day and will become MY people. I WILL LIVE AMONG YOU and you will know that YAHWEH Almighty HAS SENT ME to you.(Zechariah 2:7-13)

As I said the being is Word of God which can be send in the form of a messenger.

U the 1 contradicting the bible by saying there's only one God and besides this God is no other God except, u say the angels/men/pagan deities and jesus are also gods, completely contradicting urself

No where does the bible ever say there is 1 God and other gods.
The bible says the is 1 God and all other "god" are false gods and by nature are no god.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:01am On Oct 13, 2015
JMAN05:

And the verse answers it. Hebrew says "elohim". So angels can be called gods.

Plz support ur arguments with verse from the bible.

Plz show where in the bible a angel is called god or wer a angel says he is god.

Can heavenly beings also call themselves the God of abraham, isaac and Jacob?

STILL NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTION.
IS THE ANGEL CALLED YAHWEH OR GOD?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:04am On Oct 13, 2015
plappville:
Don't forget someone greater gave this authority to Him. If He is Yahweh how can he give himself something He already has? And also remember. Jesus will give back the Kingdom to God.

Mathew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

1corinthians 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

Thanx for that information.

Remember the word of God gave up his glory.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:13am On Oct 13, 2015
Since u people don't believe Jesus is God.

Could u plz explain what does Jesus mean wen he quotes OT passages referring to Yahweh and says it refers to himself.

Why does the NT apply OT passages which refer to Yahweh to Jesus ?

Why does the NT apply titles and names of Yahweh to Jesus.

Or do u just ignore all that?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Richirich713:

Plz support ur arguments with verse from the bible.

Plz show where in the bible a angel is called god or wer a angel says he is god.

Can heavenly beings also call themselves the God of abraham, isaac and Jacob?

STILL NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTION.
IS THE ANGEL CALLED YAHWEH OR GOD?
What does elohim mean?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 12:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
JMAN05:

What does elohim mean?

Answers a question with a question?

Is he called Yahweh or God?

If he not called Yahweh, say so

If he not called God say so.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jessicha(f): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
Richirich713:

Wrong again

Not wrong at all , you agree Jesus is an Angel, isnt it ? Fine . Psalm 148:2,5 said ALL angels are created .

[color=#000099]U the 1 contradicting the bible by saying there's only one God

Nope . " only " one " True God" . NOTE : ONLY ! John 17:3

And besides this God is no other God except, u say the angels/men/pagan deities and jesus are also gods, completely contradicting urself

" there are many gods " 1COR 8:5b
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
I notice u people avoiding answering directly.

Is the angel called Yahweh?

Don't go tell me there are many gods, all angels were created! Don't tell me Yahweh can't be seen etc

Cuz that's not answering the question
That's avoiding it?

If yes explain why.
If no then it's no

Ps I expecting u to avoid it again and to tell me there are many god, angels are created etc, saying all these things to just avoid answering directly.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jessicha(f): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
Richirich713:

Don't go tell me there are many gods, all angels were created! Don't tell me Yahweh can't be seen etc

Cuz that's not answering the question
That's avoiding it?

If yes explain why.
If no then it's no

Ps I expecting u to avoid it again and to tell me there are many god, angels are created etc, saying all these things to just avoid answering directly.

Since you have proved it that Angel Jesus is created by admitting that all Angels are created ! Thread closed .
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by tevinsolt: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

Daniel 7 vs 13-14

When Moses went on the mount, God's back was turned towards him. There is no posterior without an anterior.

Jesus did not come as God but as a servant to lay his life and an example for us to follow.

Even though I reference my parents out of respect, it doesn't mean they are made of a different essence. My father, mother and I are coequal in the Nature that we all share which is Humanity. God the father, son and Holy spirit are of the same essence.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jessicha(f): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
tevinsolt:
"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

Daniel 7 vs 13-14

Jesus did not come as God but as a servant to lay his life and an example for us to follow.

Even though I reference my parents out of respect, it doesn't mean they are made of a different essence. My father, mother and I are coequal in the Nature that we all share which is Humanity. God the father, son and Holy spirit are of the same essence.

And you think the multi - billion angels dont have the same nature with God ?

" God is a spirit " Joh 4:24

" He maketh his angels Spirit" Heb 1:7
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 7:12pm On Oct 13, 2015

Cuz that's not answering the question.
That's avoiding it?

If yes explain why.
If no then it's no

Ps I expecting u to avoid it again and to tell me there are many god, angels are created etc, saying all these things to just avoid answering directly
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by tevinsolt: 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Jessicha:

And you think the multi - billion angels dont have the same nature with God ?

" God is a spirit " Joh 4:24

" He maketh his angels Spirit" Heb 1:7

Man is also spirit, soul and body, ur point?

Essence means the abilities, the nature. Omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence are attributes of God angels or human don't posses. Jesus and the holy spirit are those things
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 7:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
tevinsolt:

Man is also spirit, soul and body, ur point?

Essence means the abilities, the nature. Omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence are attributes of God angels or human don't posses. Jesus and the holy spirit are those things

1. We van discuss the other 2 later, but what do you mean by omnipresence .?
2. Are you talking about attributes or nature?
3. What is the spirit,soul and body that man is made of?. How do they make up man? How can we identify each in man?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Islamic Slavery In Africa / "Ephraim Ononye Heals A Lady With Sickle Cell, Changes Genotype From SS To AA"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.