Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro (37116 Views)

Uju Obianujueo: "My Big Boobs Bring Joy And Pain" (Photos) / Between My Big Bro And I Ladies / Ladies, Isn't My Big Bro Cute? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
Sweetlemon:
I hate stories like this walahi!
Who the hell do some "family" think they are to dictate your life partner to them?
Your brother too na sissy. Unless of course if he didn't love his other gf, then he's not a real man for dumping his love just because some selfish family. Mtcheeeew.
In most part of Igbo land that is how marriage is done,by references and it is even working better than all this dating things here and there, I believe that if a man is ready for marriage there is no need for all this dating things for more than 1 month. If a man see a girl and like her in 1 month time he can marry the girl after making enquiries about the girl and her family, the girl can do the same about the man, in 1 - 3 months time you tie the knot. Most family in Nigeria will like their son to marry oyibo girl.

2 Likes

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
SUGARBEE:
Wow, I also admire the lady... Besides it's definitely true.. No matter how you try, you can't be wayward and still be in control of your education. . . Thumbs up

Deceive yourself.
My gf is not wayward but I am her 6th. She smokes weed a lot (daily) while I don't and she drinks alcohol and she is the second best in her dept (Acct). You won't even know she is drug addicted.

1 Like

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Lamasta(m): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
Harbioollah:
500L MCB

Tales by moonlight
How is it Tales by moonlight Bro in Sci and Tech all programs are 5 Years ok includung Science Courses such as MCB OK?
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Nelrulez(m): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
SSpeter:
When My older cousin living abroad was pressurised not to marry a yankee or African American but a Naija babe. He felt bad for a while because he had to break up with his college girlfriend. The task of recommendation was thrown out to every member of the immediate family who was interested. (where I come, we marry via reference so as to ease inquiry into the lady/guy family) being my paddie beause he buys me stuff grin I joined the race and promised to help in the search days later I forgot everything. My Aunt (Mum's cousin) and my Mum were fed up because the guy often rejected some of the ladies they linked him with.

It was my kid's brother's matric day so I went to stand by him. Looking around I saw so many pretty faces then my cousin came to mind...(although I am not attracted by pretty faces) so I didn't speak to any then something came to my mind grin I love intelligent girls (If you like look like 'ikwikwi' as long as you can best me in any logical reasoning and analysis I am already in love with you).

So I went straight to the closest school (faculty) which was faculty of sciences, I started staring at the result boards looking for female brains...It was more difficult than I thought cos the school actually removed the names of the student only matric number and result chaiii....so I copied all the top mat numbers who were finalist from all the departments in the faculty. luckily as I was leaving the school (faculty) I noticed students exiting a lecture theatre so I asked a guy which department he said MCB 500level.

I smiled brought out the matric numbers I copied from micro biology and was shocked the five top matric numbers I copied 3 were females. He told me their names nd pointed one to me. She wasn't elegant but not short so I knew she will do. I introduced myself we conversed and she accepted to take a shot with my younger brother nd I. Right there she even told my young bro "ensure you apply ur heart to studies alone"...that comment made me smile. I got her contact and she left.

I travelled back, told my mum then called my cousin. My cousin asked how are you sure is not a flirt? I told him point blank, you can't be wayward and top ur department success requires discipline. My mum called his mum and they chatted with her on phone invited her and when we finally linked them. my cousin told the mum..."this surely will do"...while I was still serving, I attended the traditional weeding... trust me na I collected my percentage for services rendered... grin...nothing is free
Na Super Story be this or wetin?
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Missmossy(f): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nice recommendation grin
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by debola23(f): 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
Harbioollah:
500L MCB

Tales by moonlight

I wan talk am too, but I say make I just keep quiet.
Maybe MCB reach 500L in some schs
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by swaggprofessor(m): 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
I love dis story it kept me reading with a lot of zeal not wanting to miss any info. At end I just had to ask " abeg na wetin b the name of the naija film".
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by fxbot: 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
henribj:
hmm
so do you plan making this your services a nationwide service?
or is it only for family?
#justasking
SSpeter, someone just proposed a business idea to you o. smiley
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by solonazzy: 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Harbioollah:
500L MCB
Tales by moonlight
In federal univs of Technology, any course is 5yrs
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by swaggprofessor(m): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
debola23:

I wan talk am too, but I say make I just keep quiet.
Maybe MCB reach 500L in some schs
My broda leave d idiot e dey clear say e no go skool. very soon e go tell us say e do service for 9months.
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
Harbioollah:
500L MCB

Tales by moonlight
sharrap! In my skul (FUTO), all courses hav 5yrz duration
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
SSpeter:
When My older cousin living abroad was pressurised not to marry a yankee or African American but a Naija babe. He felt bad for a while because he had to break up with his college girlfriend.
Does this older cousin of yours have a mind of his own? Of course he does but look, he's breaking up with his college girlfriend, mainly or partly, because his family asked him to?! And why would any woman, let alone one with first class brains want to hitch up with someone who'd, from this trend of things, ask out of their marriage after his family tells him to? Not having a mind of your own is a terrible terrible thing. Yes, inter-ethnic or inter-racial marriage pose challenges to everyone but in the US Nigerian-Nigerian marriages are not perfect things anyway. So the best thing you can do for your cousin is to advise that he ditches whatever plans he's made with the Nigerian girl and return to his college sweetheart (this may be untrue, but white women are slowly burnishing their reputation as better home-keepers than african american and even nigerian american women)and that only he knows whats best for him.

2 Likes

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by walozanga(m): 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
You are jst lucky cos knowledge is not wisdom
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by tpiander: 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
and where is your own girlfriend or do you just p.imp for others.
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by tpiander: 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nelrulez:
Na Super Story be this or wetin?

e dey front page sef.

somebody is being catfished.
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by claremont(m): 9:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
@OP: You need to seriously look into opening up a consultancy business that guys overseas can patronize. Good job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by hamzeiy: 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
SSpeter:
lemme be cautious with my language....dude it's a university of technology all their courses are 5yrs for Btech they even use "school" and not faculty....ensure you know something before you doubt
lol...as a graduate of FUT..i didnt notice you even said 500l...as graduating in 400lvl is abnormal to me
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Sweetlemon:
I hate stories like this walahi!
Who the hell do some "family" think they are to dictate your life partner to them?
Your brother too na sissy. Unless of course if he didn't love his other gf, then he's not a real man for dumping his love just because some selfish family. Mtcheeeew.
Sweetie we have been living like this without hitches, rancour and family dramas...I guess people should stick with a belief that works for them...call it archaic but we re cool with...I guess u are spontaneous and objective...good....just stick with wat works for u

1 Like

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 9:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
hamzeiy:
lol...as a graduate of FUT..i didnt notice you even said 500l...as graduating in 400lvl is abnormal to me
To some people 5yrs is abnormal...I even heard management courses are also 5yrs in FUT....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by chuggy(m): 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Harbioollah:
500L MCB

Tales by moonlight
. FUTO, FUTA
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
swaggprofessor:
My broda leave d idiot e dey clear say e no go skool. very soon e go tell us say e do service for 9months.
Universities of technologies like Futo, Futa etc, all courses have a duration of five years.
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Venom104: 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
SSpeter:
you can't be wayward and top ur department success requires discipline

Kindah flawed logic there..
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
SSpeter:
I am a trained architect na bros...you want make them disown me here...although money is not enough
that doesnt mean u cant position ur self towards other businesses....

dangote the richest black man on earth has more than 50 businesses which does!
*anohu ofuebe e kiri mmonwu*
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by waywardpikin: 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
SUGARBEE:
Wow, I also admire the lady... Besides it's definitely true.. No matter how you try, you can't be wayward and still be in control of your education. . . Thumbs up

Obviously you haven't met me. Almost finished with a first class and I'm as wayward as they come.

Intelligence is the new sexy!
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
Horayce:

Does this older cousin of yours have a mind of his own? Of course he does but look, he's breaking up with his college girlfriend, mainly or partly, because his family asked him to?! And why would any woman, let alone one with first class brains want to hitch up with someone who'd, from this trend of things, ask out of their marriage after his family tells him to? Not having a mind of your own is a terrible terrible thing. Yes, inter-ethnic or inter-racial marriage pose challenges to everyone but in the US Nigerian-Nigerian marriages are not perfect things anyway. So the best thing you can do for your cousin is to advise that he ditches whatever plans he's made with the Nigerian girl and return to his college sweetheart (this may be untrue, but white women are slowly burnishing their reputation as better home-keepers than african american and even nigerian american women)and that only he knows whats best for him.
Bro you have a point...But we don't get married spontaneously. We get married via recommendations or reference and we love it that way. My cousin is happy everyone is happy. I don't have an Immidate family who is divorced or irresponsible. Bro we do our thing selectively...No family drama. We are archaic we love It.....its good to stick with what works for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by MbashrexBashir(m): 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
SSpeter:
When My older cousin living abroad was pressurised not to marry a yankee or African American but a Naija babe. He felt bad for a while because he had to break up with his college girlfriend. The task of recommendation was thrown out to every member of the immediate family who was interested. (where I come, we marry via reference so as to ease inquiry into the lady/guy family) being my paddie beause he buys me stuff grin I joined the race and promised to help in the search days later I forgot everything. My Aunt (Mum's cousin) and my Mum were fed up because the guy often rejected some of the ladies they linked him with.

It was my kid's brother's matric day so I went to stand by him. Looking around I saw so many pretty faces then my cousin came to mind...(although I am not attracted by pretty faces) so I didn't speak to any then something came to my mind grin I love intelligent girls (If you like look like 'ikwikwi' as long as you can best me in any logical reasoning and analysis I am already in love with you).

So I went straight to the closest school (faculty) which was faculty of sciences, I started staring at the result boards looking for female brains...It was more difficult than I thought cos the school actually removed the names of the student only matric number and result chaiii....so I copied all the top mat numbers who were finalist from all the departments in the faculty. luckily as I was leaving the school (faculty) I noticed students exiting a lecture theatre so I asked a guy which department he said MCB 500level.

I smiled brought out the matric numbers I copied from micro biology and was shocked the five top matric numbers I copied 3 were females. He told me their names nd pointed one to me. She wasn't elegant but not short so I knew she will do. I introduced myself we conversed and she accepted to take a shot with my younger brother nd I. Right there she even told my young bro "ensure you apply ur heart to studies alone"...that comment made me smile. I got her contact and she left.

I travelled back, told my mum then called my cousin. My cousin asked how are you sure is not a flirt? I told him point blank, you can't be wayward and top ur department success requires discipline. My mum called his mum and they chatted with her on phone invited her and when we finally linked them. my cousin told the mum..."this surely will do"...while I was still serving, I attended the traditional weeding... trust me na I collected my percentage for services rendered... grin...nothing is free

I knw of a gurl hu is wayword nd she is in first class bet it with me she is brilliant so u r wrong saying she cant b wayword nd yet top her class... Waywardness is a different thing brilliancy is also a different thing entirely...
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
tpiander:
and where is your own girlfriend or do you just p.imp for others.
I have girlfriends though not intimate with any. When am ready for marriage I will get married....I don't believe in long courtship. You should engage in a relationship only when you are ready if not...y are u in it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
MbashrexBashir:

I knw of a gurl hu is wayword nd she is in first class bet it with me she is brilliant so u r wrong saying she cant b wayword nd yet top her class... Waywardness is a different thing brilliancy is also a different thing entirely...
she was invited for a chat. We did our digging before linking...She good and they are happy. but 95% of the brilliant girls I have seen and conversed with are disciplined and responsible...there are always exceptions though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
waywardpikin:

Obviously you haven't met me. Almost finished with a first class and I'm as wayward as they come.

Intelligence is the new sexy!
loool...........
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Smithkline555: 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
swaggprofessor:
Don't just insult people because of your ignorance na. Schools like FUTA,FUTO,FUTMINNA,LAUTECH and other universities of technology offer 5years degree programs leading to the award of B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) in all courses. tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Keeps Showing Me Chats Of A Guy Asking Her Out. / Be Careful Of Val, Else You May Not Avoid This ( Pic) / My Ex Is Threatening Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.