Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro (37118 Views)

Uju Obianujueo: "My Big Boobs Bring Joy And Pain" (Photos) / Between My Big Bro And I Ladies / Ladies, Isn't My Big Bro Cute? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Menace2Society(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
menxer:

At least I have been to school, MCB is never a 5-year course, unless the school in question is not in Nigeria, abi them don change?
undecided
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Menace2Society(m): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2015

I was wondering same. 500L in MicroBiology? Never heard of that before.
undecided
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Menace2Society(m): 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
SMREXY:
Hehehehe... Quite a good dectector grin
undecided
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Menace2Society(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
BobbyDean:
i thought i was the only one who noticed. That arrangee thing na die. If i hear say i gree
undecided
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by CashVessel(m): 3:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
SSpeter:
When My older cousin living abroad was pressurised not to marry a yankee or African American but a Naija babe. He felt bad for a while because he had to break up with his college girlfriend. The task of recommendation was thrown out to every member of the immediate family who was interested. (where I come, we marry via reference so as to ease inquiry into the lady/guy family) being my paddie beause he buys me stuff grin I joined the race and promised to help in the search days later I forgot everything. My Aunt (Mum's cousin) and my Mum were fed up because the guy often rejected some of the ladies they linked him with.

It was my kid's brother's matric day so I went to stand by him. Looking around I saw so many pretty faces then my cousin came to mind...(although I am not attracted by pretty faces) so I didn't speak to any then something came to my mind grin I love intelligent girls (If you like look like 'ikwikwi' as long as you can best me in any logical reasoning and analysis I am already in love with you).

So I went straight to the closest school (faculty) which was faculty of sciences, I started staring at the result boards looking for female brains...It was more difficult than I thought cos the school actually removed the names of the student only matric number and result chaiii....so I copied all the top mat numbers who were finalist from all the departments in the faculty. luckily as I was leaving the school (faculty) I noticed students exiting a lecture theatre so I asked a guy which department he said MCB 500level.

I smiled brought out the matric numbers I copied from micro biology and was shocked the five top matric numbers I copied 3 were females. He told me their names nd pointed one to me. She wasn't elegant but not short so I knew she will do. I introduced myself we conversed and she accepted to take a shot with my younger brother nd I. Right there she even told my young bro "ensure you apply ur heart to studies alone"...that comment made me smile. I got her contact and she left.

I travelled back, told my mum then called my cousin. My cousin asked how are you sure is not a flirt? I told him point blank, you can't be wayward and top ur department success requires discipline. My mum called his mum and they chatted with her on phone invited her and when we finally linked them. my cousin told the mum..."this surely will do"...while I was still serving, I attended the traditional weeding... trust me na I collected my percentage for services rendered... grin...nothing is free

I THOUGHT MICROBIOLOGY WAS A FOUR -YEAR COURSE?
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by InvertedHammer: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
SSpeter:
My Dad met my Mum few DAYS to the weeding for the first time....I have older siblings and cousins who have married this way we have existed like this since Adam...nd no family dramas. We are archaic but we love it that way. Your oracle lie today...
/
Your mom and dad met few days to the wedding for the first time? Not in 2015 for sure.

It is same as iPhone 6 being compared to Nokia 3310. The latter worked well when it was en Vogue. But time has changed. If your cousin is moving back to Nigeria, good. You are only interested in matching them. But you won't be there during the marriage phase.

If he lives in UK, US or Canada, the marriage is dead on arrival. I give it 3 years.
/
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by InvertedHammer: 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
Sweetlemon:
I hate stories like this walahi!
Who the hell do some "family" think they are to dictate your life partner to them?
Your brother too na sissy. Unless of course if he didn't love his other gf, then he's not a real man for dumping his love just because some selfish family. Mtcheeeew.
/
LOL.
He will learn the hard way.
He let selfish family members dictate his life in 2015.
Most ladies will marry anyone to jet out of Nigeria.
Even in all these, the OP didn't even consider if the lady was in any relationship or not. He assumed already that they knew everything about the lady.
I wish them luck. But I already know how it will end.
/
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
LOL.
Even in all these, the OP didn't even consider if the lady was in any relationship or not. He assumed already that they knew everything about the lady.
/
Bro the gurl being in a relationship before getting married to the guy is hardly relevant here.afterall even your gurlfrnd is nt yours until you take her to the Alter,anybody can get married to her before you.just like the Op.I don't do relationship for now buh when I want to settle down I choose a gurl.
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
SSpeter:
actually there is what we call october devotion...you pray the rosray throughout october...the thing don tire me undecided I am trying to see if anyone is also doing the stuff...I never even see embarassed...e be lyk say na only me walka come
Bro you reminds me of October devotion.i think I will start attending it.i think is every Friday right?.does it also include saying the Rosary every day?
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SMREXY(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
Menace2Society:
undecided
what's the problem with your nose/mouth?
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
booket:
Bro you reminds me of October devotion.i think I will start attending it.i think is every Friday right?.does it also include saying the Rosary every day?
Yes you pray the rosray everyday in the month of october. The devotion is every evening just walk into a catholic church in the evening....I will really love it if you can make It today...the blessing is immense...
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Teewhytwix: 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
When did Micro biology become a 5yr course?
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
LOL.
/
I dont know why you are so pessimistic...perhaps you are a cynic...bro over here (my family) we don't do relationship and drama...when it's time for you to settle down...we make recommendations or someone refers...better still we network...max 3months if it doesn't lead to marriage we advise you to cut it off...we love it that way...Sell your oracle to someone else...
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
JayJustus:
wow...I love your traditional WEEDING tho... so you guys serve jollof and ganja?? jollof and weed?? God is good
awwww shocked...funny...it was a mistake jooooooor

1 Like

Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
Teewhytwix:
In the days of john the Baptist, when we heard the cry in the wilderness...saying repent the kingdom is at hand...
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by SSpeter(m): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
drnoel:

I hope someone finds a wife for u too just the way I found one for ur cousin.
Yeah When am ready to settle down I will inform members of my family if they have any one they can recommend...
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
SSpeter:
Yes you pray the rosray everyday in the month of october. The devotion is every evening just walk into a catholic church in the evening....I will really love it if you can make It today...the blessing is immense...
oh you reminds me of that.i taught that it was Station of the cross that is celebrated every friday in that month.it's been months since I attended mass and am really missing out.yep I will try and attend it everyday.can you tell memore about this october devotion.i mean why is it celebrated and what does it signify? thanks
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Thryphosa(m): 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
Funjosh:

Meteorology smiley

FUTA family, I graduated in 2011 from the department of Forestry and Wood Technology, SAAT. Greatest Abiolaites! That school no easy o.
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Thryphosa(m): 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
Teewhytwix:

It's 5 years in FUT, Akure and every other university of technology that offers MCB.
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Funjosh(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
Thryphosa:

FUTA family, I graduated in 2011 from the department of Forestry and Wood Technology, SAAT. Greatest Abiolaites! That school no easy o.

Woau! That means you know Israel Adeoye cool
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by InvertedHammer: 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
SSpeter:
I dont know why you are so pessimistic...perhaps you are a cynic...bro over here (my family) we don't do relationship and drama...when it's time for you to settle down...we make recommendations or someone refers...better still we network...max 3months if it doesn't lead to marriage we advise you to cut it off...we love it that way...Sell your oracle to someone else...
/
Being in a relationship is very relevant. I have stopped getting involved in solving family problems here. You should hear the stories. Forget all about the public display of affection. It is either you choose your wife or you will live to regret it especially if you are not from the North.
Mark your calendar. The marriage will fail in 3 -5years.
/
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Smithkline555: 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
menxer:

At least I have been to school, MCB is never a 5-year course, unless the school in question is not in Nigeria, abi them don change?
Use google bro... All courses in universities of technology in nigeria are 5years including microbiology, biochemistry etc. You all should stop been lazy and just do a little research. Several posters have corrected you all but you guys have refused to learn. Haba!!.
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Emmanuelemman3(m): 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
blank:

First of, an intelligent woman will never say "arrogancy" . It is arrogance. The rest is just blah blah blah.

Never mind about that!!! (It was a "Typo"...)

But the main issue is you just have to call your people's attention to the amendment of their ______ culture and face the reality of life...

Who knows maybe, ....?
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Ultimate001: 9:43pm On Oct 10, 2015
Harbioollah:
500L MCB

Tales by moonlight
mehn, ppl like u constitute nuisance in d society by feigning knowledge wen u r totally ignorant abt smtin. D person in questn cld b attending a technology schl; d likes of futa, lautech, futo, e.t.c where any course goes for 5 yrs
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by blank(f): 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
Emmanuelemman3:

Never mind about that!!! (It was a "Typo"...)

But the main issue is you just have to call your people's attention to the amendment of their ______ culture and face the reality of life...

Who knows maybe, ....?

Again, it's not "never mind about that" but "never mind that".

It's usually guys with low self esteem that will feel threatened.
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by menxer: 11:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
Smithkline555:
Use google bro... All courses in universities of technology in nigeria are 5years including microbiology, biochemistry etc. You all should stop been lazy and just do a little research. Several posters have corrected you all but you guys have refused to learn. Haba!!.

I will assume you are a newcomer on here, try and get use to the humor; most people on here aren't as daft as their comments sound.
so save yourself the exasperation. grin
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by stanvesco(m): 1:01am On Oct 11, 2015
Harbioollah:
500L MCB
Tales by moonlight
maybe dir skool microbiology reach 5yrs na. Mus u katch him in broadday lyt ehn.
Re: How I Recommended A Lady For My Big Bro by Emmanuelemman3(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2015
blank:

Again, it's not "never mind about that" but "never mind that".
It's usually guys with low self esteem that will feel threatened.
Threatened in what sense
Anyway, its your family issue...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Be Careful Of Val, Else You May Not Avoid This ( Pic) / My Ex Is Threatening Me / LASTMA Officer Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.