Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List (424 Views)

President Buhari's Letter To National Assembly On Resumption Of Office(Pictured) / President Buhari To Send Letter To National Assembly On Monday / President Buhari Parries Question On Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List by owolabieleniyan(m): 11:24pm On Oct 08, 2015

After almost four months of waiting, the Ministerial list has arrived. The screening starts next week and this will show how competent the 8th National Assembly is and what Nigerians should expect from the APC led administration.

After a long period of waiting, one could have imagined that President Buhari would take his time to select Nigerians who have reputable character & integrity. The kind of names found on the list clearly shows that our commonwealth of the nation may not safe.

In a country that wants to be corruption free and people like Mr Amaechi, Mr Fashola, Mr Audu Ogbeh and others can make the list, then we may just conclude that something must be wrong somewhere as the afore-mentioned names have been involved in or two clear cut corrupt practises during their tenures in office.

I opine that the process of screening should not as a matter of emphasis, be a "take a bow and leave" process, the Senate should disqualify any nominee who is found to be erring in cases of looting the financial or otherwise resources of their respective states.

Out of a population of over 170 million people, President Muhammadu Buhari should by no means tell the citzens this is the best Nigerians deserve from his party.

By all standards, these names are absolutely shameful to the country, they do not deserve to hold the position of a class monitor talk less of representing Nigeria or holding any public office again.

If the Senate confirms these name as Ministers without a fair and unbiased screening, it is a testament that the legislature is not ready to make laws that will foster our democracy and all Nigerians should expect nothing but fallacy from these group of people.

God bless Nigeria

-Owolabi Eleniyan wtites from Lagos.
Follow him on Twitter @owolabieleniyan

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List by jaey(m): 11:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
Will be back to comment when the thread is heading somewhere.

I is coming back. wink cheesy grin
Re: What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nigerians wasting Nigerians time since 1960!
Re: What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List by mars123(m): 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
sorry you won't get what you're expecting cry Amaechi and Fashola are already ministers. They are also CHANGE agents, as Buhari is. The quicker you realize that, the better for you.
Re: What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List by 8gigabytes(m): 12:04am On Oct 09, 2015
I feel so pitty for our dear country, i thought we voted a messiah? But as a matter of fact i haven yet said buy to mr president inuagral speech of change,but with the likes saint amechi and co nigerians should not expect any wind of change as promise in may 29.
Re: What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List by 8gigabytes(m): 12:16am On Oct 09, 2015
Hahahahahaha....BUHARI is taking weed. I swear i cought him.please Drugs enforment should go after his brain becos if he intend figting quoloption he not will think of bringing the likes saint ameachi and fashionla as his paparazzi and corruptionous nomines
Re: What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 09, 2015
pray for Nigeria stop criticising every thing u see. learn to table things before our heavenly father.
Re: What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List by scribble: 12:51am On Oct 09, 2015
Look all I know is

Fashola for Minister of ICT

Amaechi for Minister of Rail Transport

(1) (Reply)

Omereji Commission: N53bn Diverted By Amaechi’s Administration In Rivers / Election Tribunal Chairman Proclaims “death” Upon Bribe Takers / Breaking News! Bomb Blast In Turkish Capital.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.