Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,735 members, 7,955,791 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:12 PM

Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo (16616 Views)

Attack Me, Not Igbo, Sultan To Northern Youths / To Nnamdi KANU: It Is Not A Sin If Rochas Okorocha’s Parents Are Not Igbo / Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
the cursed Italians from Edo state have invaded this thread... cry cry cry.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by tpiander: 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
Dhugal:

Afemai traditional enemies of Igbos?.
In what alternate universe did that happen,pray tell?.
When did Igbos start having traditional enemies?.

if you ask me, who should I also ask?
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by freshvine(f): 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
alexlee50:
Bendel state, before then midwest region.delta has never been part of eastern territory, although there may be people with igbo names and similar language with igbo in delta state.abavo where oliseh comes from speak ika language which is the same as that spoken agbor

Ignorance is bliss to you I guess.

A community bears igbo names, it gets to the village, town city and a whole population of about 500000 and you call that similar language and name?

Delta, Mid West, Bendel State and those other names are geographical expression and has no bearing on the cultural identity of a group.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by alexlee50: 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
freshvine:

Ignorance is bliss to you I guess.

A community bears igbo names, it gets to the village, town city and a whole population of about 500000 and you call that similar language and name?

Delta, Mid West, Bendel State and those other names are geographical expression and has no bearing on the cultural identity of a group.
if u read the original comment I responded to , the poster gave the impression that delta state is part of eastern region.what I just did is to point out the fact that delta state has never been a part of eastern region.before it was delta, it was bendel, before then it was mid west region, before then it was part of western region.now from agbor to abavo they speak the ika language. From there to asaba we have the anioma people.l cannot authoritatively tell you their history, where they come from and how they settled where they are today.but I know agbor and asaba people trace their history to the bini kingdom.they may share similar character with our brothers from the east, what I want to tell u is that the land mass known as delta has never been part of eastern region.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by freshvine(f): 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
alexlee50:
if u read the original comment I responded to , the poster gave the impression that delta state is part of eastern region.what I just did is to point out the fact that delta state has never been a part of eastern region.before it was delta, it was bendel, before then it was mid west region, before then it was part of western region.now from agbor to abavo they speak the ika language. From there to asaba we have the anioma people.l cannot authoritatively tell you their history, where they come from and how they settled where they are today.but I know agbor and asaba people trace their history to the bini kingdom.they may share similar character with our brothers from the east, what I want to tell u is that the land mass known as delta has never been part of eastern region.

That's why I said it's an expression. A geographical creation for political administration.

Before the coming of the white man, what was the place called?
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Amiano(m): 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Speak for your snivelling pathetic self! I'm from that (political) south south you speak of (blame Gowon and his southern cohorts for that) and i'm a full-blooded Igbo man and in support of Biafra!

If you're really from the 'south south', i'm ready to bet my last naira you're a apc sympathizer, have some kind of affiliation to the known Igbo haters, you like Buhari and dislike GEJ, and finally, you'd prefer the status-quo in Nigeria subsists rather than have the polity restructured!
U ar just so pathetic, u hav been blinded by hate dat u no longer hav a sense of reasoning, I do not support APC infact i campaigned for GEJ, bt Biafra will nt solve d prblm of south south just as APC will nt solve d prblm of Nigeria. Biafra will only exist in ur drm
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Vicotex(m): 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
laudate:

Don't be funny! I knew you were going to take the lazy man's route to get answers to this question, and that was why I asked you to go and conduct your own checks. I will ask you again to go and do your research. angry

The Esan and Afemai people are not related to the Igbankes or any other Igboid group. So take your shallow mind out of the waters of ignorance, and conduct a study on the Esan and Afemai people before you come back here to mis-yarn. undecided

Haba! In what strange way are they heavily influenced by Igbo people?? Which of the Afemai people told you that? Or which of the Esan mentioned this fallacy to you? What aspect of their cultural music sounds 'Igbo', abeg?? shocked shocked Don't even go there. If you call an Esan man or an Afemai person, an Igbo.... you may receive some wicked insults, o! cheesyshocked shocked The Ovb'iedo will not take kindly to you trying to assign another identity to them!

Their names, language and culture are thoroughly Edo!
my niqqa no misquote me.
I grew up there listening to their local/highly respected cultural musicians in Auchi, namely "Ekpe young", "Ogagbi", "Waziri", "Young Bolivia". You'll find igbo elements in their music.
When it comes to food, they adopted most of Igbo food, and are served during any traditional/cultural occasion.

I never mentioned that they speak like igbo or answer igbo names.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
Vicotex:
my niqqa no misquote me.
I grew up there listening to their local/highly respected cultural musicians in Auchi, namely "Ekpe young", "Ogagbi", "Waziri", "Young Bolivia". You'll find igbo elements in their music.
When it comes to food, they adopted most of Igbo food, and are served during any traditional/cultural occasion.

I listen to Waziri and Young Bolivia and they do have that soothing highlife sound in their music, I'll give you that much. But I still doubt they have any Igbo elements, give the fact that they are very different culturally.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by laudate: 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
Vicotex:
my niqqa no misquote me.

What are the Igbo elements in their music??! shocked shocked I asked you this question earlier. And what kind of Igbo food did they adopt?? Are you sure that you were not dining with people who are not indigenes but who originally came from Igbo land, to settle there? shocked Or maybe you were dining with those whose wives were from Ala'Igbo.

To the best of my knowledge, Afenmai people descended from Benin, so it is highly unlikely that their music has Igbo elements, o!

aim5:
I listen to Waziri and Young Bolivia and they do have that soothing highlife sound in their music, I'll give you that much. But I still doubt they have any Igbo elements, give the fact that they are very different culturally.
Abeg, help me tell dem! sad undecided

1 Like

Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
laudate:

What are the Igbo elements in their music??! shocked shocked I asked you this question earlier. And what kind of Igbo food did they adopt?? Are you sure that you were not dining with people who are not indigenes but who originally came from Igbo land, to settle there? shocked Or maybe you were dining with those whose wives were from Ala'Igbo.

To the best of my knowledge, Afenmai people descended from Benin, so it is highly unlikely that their music has Igbo elements, o!

I can see where he's coming from when he says that Igbo and Afemai music are similar.. he's probably confusing that peaceful, melodic highlife sound for an Igbo influence in their music.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by laudate: 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
aim5:
I can see where he's coming from when he says that Igbo and Afemai music are similar.. he's probably confusing that peaceful, melodic highlife sound for an Igbo influence in their music.

I see! Is he saying highlife originated from the Igbo?
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
laudate:

I don't know but I for one can't see the similarities between Igbo and Afemai/Esan music.

1 Like

Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Vicotex(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
laudate:

Egusi soup (Igbo food) served side by side with Groundnut soup (Afemai food) in the coronation of the Uthairu/Ogie (King) and during "Age group".

They also use "Ogene" drum during their cultural occasion, e.g Age group, marriage etc.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Vicotex(m): 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
laudate:

not talking bout' highlife.
I said listen to the sound you'll hear it.
You probably haven't heard an Afemia traditional song before.
There is no need exchanging words with you
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by meccuno: 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
What piss.es. Me off when I come to this site is when they talk about igbos.........and what drives me nuts is when people who do not have any relationship with igbos start talking about the igbos like as if the history of these people is taught as a subject in schools from where ever they come from........please I beg of you, especially the edo peeps, No igbo speaking person came from benin.........their source is in the eastern part of Nigeria......the problem of these identity crises existed way before the war.......we igbos have always known that the igbos in delta and rivers are igbos but there are things about these groups that if you are not igbo, no text book would tell you........the problem was further compounded by the creation of states by the gowon regime and the eventual war.........one major problem was the domineering nature of the igbos on these sub groups and making jest of how their igbo is spoken..........especially the delta igbos........I for once do not believe that there is any disparity like delta igbo.....that's arrant nonsense......an igbo man in any land is an igbo man till death........the igbos have realised. Their mistakes and are retracing their steps.....the funny thing is that these urhobo, ijaws, itsekiri that these ika igbos and ikwerris think they are brothers call them igbo men.......I saw all these things in Rivers state...........but I have always said this, a time would come when those who align with their roots would be recognised as brothers and those who reject where they are from would beg to be Igbo..........

2 Likes

Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
disumusa:
are they the one who love or want ibo, or the ibo want them to be used as tools
What do you mean by using them as a tool?
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
laudate:

Don't be funny! I knew you were going to take the lazy man's route to get answers to this question, and that was why I asked you to go and conduct your own checks. I will ask you again to go and do your research. angry

The Esan and Afemai people are not related to the Igbankes or any other Igboid group. So take your shallow mind out of the waters of ignorance, and conduct a study on the Esan and Afemai people before you come back here to mis-yarn. undecided

Haba! In what strange way are they heavily influenced by Igbo people?? Which of the Afemai people told you that? Or which of the Esan mentioned this fallacy to you? What aspect of their cultural music sounds 'Igbo', abeg?? shocked shocked Don't even go there. If you call an Esan man or an Afemai person, an Igbo.... you may receive some wicked insults, o! cheesyshocked shocked The Ovb'iedo will not take kindly to you trying to assign another identity to them!

Their names, language and culture are thoroughly Edo!
I think you're the one with shallow mind here. You're making issues out of nothing!!
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by PenSniper: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
rhymaster:
Ibos have the most debilitating and shameful form of inferiority complex! Is it by force that he must be ibo? No other peoples of Nigeria would even bat an eye lid if someone said he is not Yoruba, Hausa, Ibibio, Edo, etc but say you are not Ibo and watch ibos relive their collosal loss of the civil war! The war dealt permanent damage to the psyche and brains of ibos. If Oliseh and his family deem themselves to be from Mars, how does that affect or should that affect anyone? Yes, the SE lost a match while he was in
charge, but ibos now use that as a wedge? This is uncivilized and disgraceful. No sensible ibo will ever wish to be identified with petty, silly
and illogical people driven by the destructive emotions of the ibo. Or does it pain you that you cannot cry marginalization of "our brother" like you always do? Most ibos need a
brain transplant to normalize their existence! All your cries of the zoo is more than guaranteed to create more venom against you when you start another useless war like Ojukwj and no doubt this hatred will ensure you
are hammered harder than 67, I worry Nigeria will not allow you to surrender and get amnesty like they did in 1970.

Am in doubt if you wrote this with mundane wisdom.
You have a perfect understanding of the psychic of the Ibo and have put it succinctly.
The way they go about making enemies of most tribes in Nigeria and establishing odious reputations for themselves outside the shores of this country makes me shudder to think they may be destined for partial extinction.
No tribe in the entire world is on record to be as hateful, pompous, intolerant, boastful, vindictive, expantionistic, morbidly acquisitive, conceited, unenlightened and primitive regardless of western education and confused as the Ibo.

They make a classic case study for mental diagnosis considering the preponderance of these attitudes among them.

4 Likes

Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by laudate: 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
ekenedegreat:
I think you're the one with shallow mind here. You're making issues out of nothing!!

Nah, all the shallowness resides in your own mind. Check am well. sad
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by PenSniper: 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
When i told my close friends that
oliseh have stated failing immediately
he denied his genealogy they thought
i was joking. Heck the Super eagle is
made up of 95% Biafrans. His comments
will pit him against internationally
based players of Biafran origin.
If i were an Igbo/Biafran player do
you think i would have given my all to
any game after he made such
comments? Let him shop for odua-
Arewa players. Let's see how it goes?
I personally want the Super Chickens
to fail anyway, let everything that
makes the zoo happy crumble
already!

Inspite of your superiority complex in football, where is your Rangers International today ?
Your problem with the Super Eagles started from Stephen Keshi's replacement with Oliseh and complicated by the latter's denial of his Iboness which further cemented your nightmare.
The general attitude of Ibo is they don't want/expect success of any unit headed by a non-Ibo but if a failed outfit is headed by an Ibo, they will find myopic excuses shrouded in tribalism to excuse him from blame.

2 Likes

Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by PenSniper: 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2015
Trut:

Epistle writer

Correct. An epistle writer of the gospel truth.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by Xpaz: 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
PenSniper:

Am in doubt if you wrote this with mundane wisdom.
You have a perfect understanding of the psychic of the Ibo and have put it succinctly.
The way they go about making enemies of most tribes in Nigeria and establishing odious reputations for themselves outside the shores of this country makes me shudder to think they may be destined for partial extinction.
No tribe in the entire world is on record to be as hateful, pompous, intolerant, boastful, vindictive, expantionistic, morbidly acquisitive, conceited, unenlightened and primitive regardless of western education and confused as the Ibo.

They make a classic case study for mental diagnosis considering the preponderance of these attitudes among them.
Do you know that of d Yoruba tribe is Worse.?
I believe d lifestyle d Igbo live nowadays are copied from d Yoruba.
cos d Yorubas at all tym attack d Igbo,telling lies and spreading all sort of propaganda against the Igbo in order to make other tribe to hate the Igbo.
so I believe the Igbo adopted their new lifestyle for defence and retaliation of which a reasonable human being who want to survive in a country like Nigeria should do.
so I don't see why d Yoruba who started d hate war should start crying of hate.

2 Likes

Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by PenSniper: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2015
EasternLionn:

Mumu.

To you he is mumu because he hit the nail right on the head.
Truth can pierce the heart like a dart.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by PenSniper: 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
tpiander:

what is even annoying is her comment that since he's not Igbo, he should be judged by merit alone.

what kind of nonsense is this? Dont people think before they type?

Generally its in their gene. They hardly make sense when they write.

1 Like

Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by PenSniper: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
stanech:
Hawusa and Yourobbers can have him

We don't need him.

We don't associate with failures

Oliseh was the first to disassociate himself from failures, bigotry and innate criminal tendencies of Ibo so your belated rejection of him holds no water.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by laudate: 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
Vicotex:
not talking bout' highlife.
I said listen to the sound you'll hear it.
You probably haven't heard an Afemia traditional song before.
There is no need exchanging words with you

Yes, o! Please don't say anything to me unless you have your facts ready. Your ability to deal in conjecture is quite strange, and when you are called out on it, you then take refuge in mundane remarks. sad My last comment was addressed to aim5 who drew an analogy between traditional Afenmai music and highlife sounds. Next time you want to allege that there is an Igbo influence on any other culture, please try to be specific by stating exactly what constitute those influences. undecided

aim5:

Thanks for your response, jare.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by PenSniper: 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2015
Xpaz:

Do you know that of d Yoruba tribe is Worse.?
I believe d lifestyle d Igbo live nowadays are copied from d Yoruba.
cos d Yorubas at all tym attack d Igbo,telling lies and spreading all sort of propaganda against the Igbo in order to make other tribe to hate the Igbo.
so I believe the Igbo adopted their new lifestyle for defence and retaliation of which a reasonable human being who want to survive in a country like Nigeria should do.
so I don't see why d Yoruba who started d hate war should start crying
of hate.

Aside from the falsehood inherent in your claim, let me remind you that only dummies with dwarfed mentality and a defective cognitive reasoning copy bad behaviours and make a show of it with pride.
Therefore, your post simply acknowledged Ibos as a bunch of dummies devoid of their own mind and sound reasoning faculty.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by stanech: 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
PenSniper:

Oliseh was the first to disassociate himself from failures, bigotry and innate criminal tendencies of Ibo so your belated rejection of him holds no water.

Lol Igbos failures? Guy u must be high
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by laudate: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Vicotex:
Egusi soup (Igbo food) served side by side with Groundnut soup (Afemai food) in the coronation of the Uthairu/Ogie (King) and during "Age group".

They also use "Ogene" drum during their cultural occasion, e.g Age group, marriage etc.

So only Egusi soup (which a lot of Yoruba, Itsekiri, Nupe and other tribes also serve and eat) is your own definition of Igbo influence on the Afenmai and Esan culture??! I laugh.....in Greek! cheesy

Bros, you are hilarious! I thought you were going to list at least 12 dishes to show heavy Igbo influence on the Afenmai. grin Guy, am yet to be convinced of this your Igbo influence, o! shocked

As for the Ogene, a number of cultures use this kind of instrument and it is called by different names in their own respective languages.
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by PenSniper: 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
Marotzke:
who asked you all the questions that you are answering? Simple one that you left, is Igbanke in Orhionwon local government area, part of EDO state? Are Igbanke people Igbo or Igboid or whatever? I know of one pastor (Pharm) Leonard Onyibe. From Igbanke Edo state. Unapologetically Igbo. Unquestionably EDO.

Ask General Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia where his mother was from? And her maiden name? Then you will understand that there are Igbos in Edo state. Leave Ishan and Afemai people alone. No one
mentioned them.

Even if Ogbemudia's mother is Ibo, does that make him Ibo ?
Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by ayobabas: 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
EasternLionn:

Mumu.

You really are a shit-eating scoundrel. You fight on every thread, mad ape!

1 Like

Re: Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo by laudate: 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
PenSniper:
Even if Ogbemudia's mother is Ibo, does that make him Ibo ?

Don't mind the guy! Even if Ogbemudia's mother is Igbo, what about the millions of other indigenous people that exist in Edo State who are NOT Igbo? Their urge for territorial expansion and need to claim anything or anybody close to their axis, is going to be their undoing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vote For PDP Candidate As Governor/ House Of Assembly - Atiku Pleads / Buhari: How Nigeria Recorded Biggest Economic Growth In Six Years / Buhari Issues Deadline For Compliance With Treasury Single Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.