Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4771066 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamVIDI(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
UBER vs TAXIFY

A lot is happening on the ride-sharing scene in Nigeria. First, there is all this drama surrounding Uber. From driver strikes to partner protests and accusations of shoddy handling of payment(s) for partners. All this at a time when the fledgling company is attempting to gain ground in Nigeria.
No doubt, Uber has the largest market share in terms of ride-sharing apps in Nigeria, and even though they seemed to have competition, they could still be regarded as a monopoly. Their competitors don't just seem to be able to put their acts together to compete with Uber. This, coupled with the fact that Uber is a multinational company, playing perfectly into the Nigerian penchant for all things foreign.
As a result of the monopoly Uber Nigeria enjoyed, they could afford to be arbitrary. Slash earnings today, reduce incentives tomorrow, deactivate drivers, etc. They could do as they pleased, which in itself was the main reasons the partners and drivers on Uber, formed union-like groups. Uber's partners in progress - the partner-drivers - were starting to feel the strain of slashed earnings, while Uber on the other hand, could afford the slashed rates since they got a fixed 25% on all transactions, just for providing the platform. My use of "just" in the last sentence is not to underestimate how much it would cost to provide such a platform as we have seen many try to do this at lower rates with no significant success. However, lower fares for riders means more riders, and more 25% for Uber while the partners who own the assets and bear all the risks were being shortchanged by Uber's policies.

Fast forward to November 2016, and it seems the face of ride-sharing in Nigeria is about to experience a facelift. A seemingly veritable challenger has thrown it's hat in the ring. That challenger is Taxify, a ride-sharing app which promises to be an improvement on Uber's services and rates. According to the Taxify website - Taxify is a free smartphone app which seamlessly connects people to reliable drivers. No more call-centres, waiting or paying ridiculous fares. Simple, fast and affordable. Join the revolution and see how transport in the 21st century should be.
Taxify charges 15% on all transactions, and promise 15 % more earnings for their partners on their platform than on any other platform in Nigeria. And they are a big company, according to reports, Taxify is the fastest growing taxi e-hailing app in the Baltics and in Europe and they are looking to repeat this feat on the African continent . With statistics like these, Taxify looks set to give Uber a run for it's money with their recent launch in Lagos, where they are in direct competition with Uber.

So, is this the solution to the monopoly problem that Uber enjoys in Nigeria? I spoke with a few Uber partner-drivers and drivers. They unanimously praised the entrance of Taxify into the market. They figure that, Uber would be forced to offer better rates and incentives if it hoped to fend off the aggressive entry Taxify is making into the industry.
In a recent roundtable meeting in Abuja with partners and Uber executives, Uber claims that they are not yet profitable, but with the business model and infrastructure they had on ground, it was only a matter of time before they would break even and proceed to make profits. My question now is, does Taxify have the business model, the infrastructure or the financial backing that Uber (a $65 billion company) possesses? Can they last the whole 90 minutes plus extra time? In my opinion, these are crucial factors that will play a major role in determining whether Taxify would survive in Nigeria or not. Judging from our current economic standing, it's no secret that we are a people quick to praise a new thing and join the bandwagon but just as quick to condemn that same thing when it doesn't go our way. I hope this will not be the case with Taxify because competition is healthy and this would at the very least, keep the ride-sharing industry on its toes, and also keep monopolistic tendencies down.

This would be good for the drivers, better for the partners and best for the passengers.

Can Taxify spoil Uber's sport in Nigeria, or will Uber emerge unscathed?
Rest assured, I will keep you posted. Stay in touch to keep updated.

Vidi Uri Idinyang
https://www.nairaland.com/3478204/uber-nigeria-ride-sharing-phenomenon#51276178

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 3:15am On Nov 23, 2016
darmilolah:

I will like to ask you some questions about uber. Could you please send me your whatsapp number. Thanks

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by codest(m): 4:02am On Nov 23, 2016
Please will uber accept a 2006 Honda civic with almost 200k mileage
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 6:07am On Nov 23, 2016
chillex8:

Uber has changed. Its now 2012 above.
Bros are u serious? Pls can anybody confirm dis,before I enter igbese undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
lexylexy:

Bros are u serious? Pls can anybody confirm dis,before I enter igbese undecided

This popped up while trying to register yesterday

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
chillex8:

Maybe its system error,because av not heard abt any upgrade.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl104: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
chillex8:

This is because you are trying to register as UBER Select. Make sure you are registering as UBER X and 2006 - 2011 will pop up.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2016
Pearl104:

This is because you are trying to register as UBER Select. Make sure you are registering as UBER X and 2006 - 2011 will pop up.

Wrong. There is no option for select or X.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
A driver with one year experience with Uber needs a COROLLA for rental. Contact me if you have any information

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hussein1586: 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2016
Use this code to get free ride:
[size=24pt]husseinh1055ue[/size]
you are welcome .....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mich2012: 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
eghuan1:
A driver with one year experience with Uber needs a COROLLA for rental. Contact me if you have any information

Good to see you are still driving on Uber after all the things you said. This life!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mich2012: 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hi all, a driver is needed ASAP! You should be resident around central mainland or island axis. Kindly call 08182657375 for further talks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NairaBee: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
Please confirm if this is the case? and where did you see this?

chillex8:

Uber has changed. Its now 2012 above.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
[quote author=mich2012 post=51329838]Hi all, a driver is needed ASAP! You should be resident around central mainland or island axis. Kindly call 08182657375 for further talks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
I have confirmed frm uber. 2006 is still being collected
NairaBee:
Please confirm if this is the case? and where did you see this?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mich2012: 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
darmilolah:

Any consideration for somebody me. I am in Ikorodu.

No sir, Ikorodu doesn't work for us. All the best!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gebulinks: 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
mich2012:
Hi all, a driver is needed ASAP! You should be resident around central mainland or island axis. Kindly call 08182657375 for further talks

Iyana-ipaja/Agege area. I will be grateful and diligent. Thank you. 07035648313
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eledalo: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2016
Caution when investing Uber, as they can change their policies every single day. I have 10 cars on the platform and my experience with Uber is very telling.
Confirm from the vehicle inspection centre near you if they will inspect that specific the car.
Emailing Uber about current vehicle requirements will likely give you wrong information, as they reply from Capetown Joburg, Amsterdam, Kuala Lumpur, etc, so those people do not have information that is true for Lagos. Many many people have had to sell cars at a big loss/give out cars to family members because of wrong info.
I'll continue to provide info to help guide early partners and drivers so they don't fall into Uber's numerous traps

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alertman24(m): 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2016
mich2012:

I live at Okota/Isolo area, is that ok?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by colegold100: 11:28pm On Nov 25, 2016
Uber driver needed. Driver to be staying around yaba,sabo,alogomeji ,ebutemeta axis.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 6:04am On Nov 26, 2016
no number?
colegold100:
Uber driver needed. Driver to be staying around yaba,sabo,alogomeji ,ebutemeta axis.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:38am On Nov 26, 2016
colegold100:

You want your car to sleep in your house every night

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mich2012: 11:23am On Nov 26, 2016
Alertman24:

I live at Okota/Isolo area, is that ok?

Too far for me sir. All the best!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by colegold100: 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
protocol:
no number?
You can pm me pls.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alertman24(m): 8:41pm On Nov 26, 2016
mich2012:

Too far for me sir. All the best!
Ok Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mich2012: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
My ad above is meant for Uber-trained drivers and not just ordinary drivers. If you have done your test with Uber and you are an old or new driver, kindly call me on 08182657375.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
Sir, I am an intending partner/driver on uber. The whole process has been cumbersome but at this stage I need experienced advice. Please how do I go about the Tax Identification Number? Is it true they require only coperate/current accounts?
I uploaded a duly stamped and signed acknowledgement paper from FRSC as I have misplaced my temporary driver's license but it was rejected. I booked a meeting with uber on Tuesday to talk about this, what are my chances?
Do you think a 2008 Honda Civic, manual hear with less than 100k mileage will pass the car inspection test?
Your suggestions/opinion/advice will be highly appreciated as I have very limited source of information other than all I've read on Nairaland

Thanks

eledalo:
Caution when investing Uber, as they can change their policies every single day. I have 10 cars on the platform and my experience with Uber is very telling.
Confirm from the vehicle inspection centre near you if they will inspect that specific the car.
Emailing Uber about current vehicle requirements will likely give you wrong information, as they reply from Capetown Joburg, Amsterdam, Kuala Lumpur, etc, so those people do not have information that is true for Lagos. Many many people have had to sell cars at a big loss/give out cars to family members because of wrong info.
I'll continue to provide info to help guide early partners and drivers so they don't fall into Uber's numerous traps
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 6:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
Stealth100:
Sir, I am an intending partner/driver on uber. The whole process has been cumbersome but at this stage I need experienced advice. Please how do I go about the Tax Identification Number? Is it true they require only coperate/current accounts?
I uploaded a duly stamped and signed acknowledgement paper from FRSC as I have misplaced my temporary driver's license but it was rejected. I booked a meeting with uber on Tuesday to talk about this, what are my chances?
Do you think a 2008 Honda Civic, manual hear with less than 100k mileage will pass the car inspection test?
Your suggestions/opinion/advice will be highly appreciated as I have very limited source of information other than all I've read on Nairaland

Thanks

Are they now accepting 2008 sedans

Thought they reviewed to 2012 above
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mich2012: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2016
My ad above is meant for Uber-trained drivers and not just ordinary drivers. If you have done your test with Uber and you are an old or new driver, kindly call me on 08182657375.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by colegold100: 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
certified Uber driver needed . please call 09098050402

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: donfortune48(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.