Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,281 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4804897 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 22, 2018
Stake2odds:

You just jump to post without reading properly, I never said there's no need for a guarantor, my problem is why 2 guarantors just for taxi, even bank, as a loan officer for over a decade, we never requested for more than one and now it's even easier, loan are given without any.

You don dey vex. But I believe you need to understand what is said first before replying.

About getting a loan without a Guarantor now, you absolutely right about that because the system has improved and developed compared to the past.

But with regards to drivers recruitment on Uber, the system is just developing. Drivers don’t have Pension Account, they don’t work in blue chip companies and can’t use their salaries as a stand to secure a loan just like the loan system works in Nigeria. (I assumed you will know better since you claimed to be experienced in the field)

Also like I said in a follow up comment, if I get a referral from a trustworthy partner like the one I have now, I wouldn’t demand for Guarantors but if it’s a fresh recruitment, I will not only collect 2 Verifiable n Suitable Guarantors, I will also collect Security Deposit.

Also, in case you missed it, we need you to train us on how to recruit Good Drivers?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 5:05pm On May 22, 2018
Who is interested? Offline trip palmgrove onipan to Agbara estate 7am 2moro. Name ur price. Whatsapp now

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 5:15pm On May 22, 2018
I am a witness to this, i dare not try that shit again.
dru23:

When people don't take their business seriously, sh * t always happens.. That is why a lot of partners cry up and down ..in any business a person does they should be a level of professionalism and constanticy ...just because a partner decides to trust you without proper protocol does not mean he will get lucky next time.
To be honest with you ,am just waiting in the corner rite now waiting for a lot of partners to get burnt out from drivers.. A lot of these partners don't listern or learn from other people's mistakes. I hope they will continue and pray that they will continue giving out their cars without due diligence.. That is my prayer, so that once the foolish partners are eliminated ,the real business men can set a standard for this business.. Partners please continue to give out your cars without assurance, due diligence, proper protocol , etc .. Please continue, by the time you are dealth with by bad drivers it will be too late ...oh boy what a time to be alive cool than
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 5:25pm On May 22, 2018
slamstanlee:
Who is interested? Offline trip palmgrove onipan to Agbara estate 7am 2moro. Name ur price. Whatsapp now

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by neezar: 5:27pm On May 22, 2018
elrony:

Thanks man...

You don run comot campus?
lol,...nah

I don't want to start walking around the streets of lagos like a mad man once I graduate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stake2odds: 5:32pm On May 22, 2018
TheCar:

You don dey vex. But I believe you need to understand what is said first before replying.

About getting a loan without a Guarantor now, you absolutely right about that because the system has improved and developed compared to the past.

But with regards to drivers recruitment on Uber, the system is just developing. Drivers don’t have Pension Account, they don’t work in blue chip companies and can’t use their salaries as a stand to secure a loan just like the loan system works in Nigeria. (I assumed you will know better since you claimed to be experienced in the field)

Also like I said in a follow up comment, if I get a referral from a trustworthy partner like the one I have now, I wouldn’t demand for Guarantors but if it’s a fresh recruitment, I will not only collect 2 Verifiable n Suitable Guarantors, I will also collect Security Deposit.

Also, in case you missed it, we need you to train us on how to recruit Good Drivers?
Well understood
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 5:35pm On May 22, 2018
How protected is your Uber and Taxify investment?

Taxi App Guy has these resources available for protecting your Uber business:

1. Guide to Uber book for Partners and Drivers: A book for partners and drivers who intend to register and make money with Uber.

2. Partner-Driver rental agreement template: A rental agreement template that lays out relationship between car owner and renter.
This document protects both parties.

3. Partner-Driver hire purchase agreement template: A hire purchase agreement template that lays out relationship between Car Owner and hirer.
This document protects both parties.

4. Guarantor form: A guarantor form for verifying renter/hire guarantor

"Assurance" is not enough, you need an agreement signed to protect you in case of a dispute.

We can also write a feasibility study particularly tailored to your investment needs.

Whatsapp us Today
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 5:56pm On May 22, 2018
slamstanlee:
E be like ramadan dey affect bizness o.... I am home today sha
Yesterday N14900 only.
I don leave road since 12pm...everywhere dry....Happy Ramadan Kareem

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 6:22pm On May 22, 2018
shollywendy1:

I don leave road since 12pm...everywhere dry....Happy Ramadan Kareem
mad surge every now. Go back
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 6:42pm On May 22, 2018
slamstanlee:
shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 7:08pm On May 22, 2018
One experience every single person should try in a life time is to become an Uber driver. It is a fantastic experience, full of ups and downs. But absolutely enjoyable.
I took the plunge in September 2016. Up till then, I had only heard good things about it. How much money you could make, how many places you got to visit and how many people you got to meet. I love to interact with intelligent people.
So i went in head first, and I have to say it has been a great experience.
I am someone you could call a casual Uber driver, I guess.
Since September 2016, I have done a grand total of 900 trips, an average of about 10 trips every week. And in this time I have made a good deal of money, and met a handful of people. I have met a less than savoury character once or twice, the majority of my riders are wonderful people.
I find that usually if I respect myself, people tend to do the same with themselves. And I am fine with that.
I make good money driving, indeed anybody can, combining hard and smart work. I have a plan and I stick to it, I know when and where to drive even if I don't drive that often.
And the conversations, oh the conversations I have had and the ones I have listened in on(unfortunately, sometimes I don't have much of a choice). All I can say is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.
And I have been to a lot of nice places.
Because I am very service oriented and make sure to give every single rider a great experience, I now have friends all around the city. And for some inexplicable reason, I tend to have riders who are really cool.
Personally, I think every adventurous person should give driving on Uber a try. Because after all is said and done, what could beat having fun while you make money.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 7:11pm On May 22, 2018
G
slamstanlee:
I am taking advantage of it. Done one trip already. On to second one.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by depair: 7:28pm On May 22, 2018
slamstanlee:

am game for 15k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2018
slamstanlee:
14k I'm available
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2018
Cooladex:
I am a witness to this, i dare not try that shit again.

Ha abi now we dey learn small small oo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2018
Stake2odds:

No wahala bro, you know as a veteran in the business we just need to know we are learning correctly from you.
Veteran? My brother no o.. Me I dey learn from everybody o ..pepper body dey pain me o .. Na every day I dey come here to learn what is going on.. U know how many post I dey reply for the post ..were there is money to be made, u go learn well well
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2018
Enyinne:
Dru, its all about luck .i hv never done much in doing due diligence on my part ,i hv best drivers ,most always refer me to new drivers ,I own about 8cars now and yet i hv only visited 2 out of 8 drivers or visit their guarantor. I'm too blessed to fall a victim ,God got my back since 8months on the platform .

Well u dey lucky now , make I tap from your luck.. Abi u want keep am to yourself?

quote author=dru23 post=67771264]

Business is business bro.. They should be protocols and structure in any business you do. That is my point bro, and never mix family, or friends with business the chances that it will end bad is pretty high.. Why would I give my car out to a driver without doing the basic, background check, guarantor, reference, address of driver etc.. My brother let us think ahead and not behind... this is the reason African business don't pass on from generation to generation... partners need to do their due diligence when looking for drivers.. That is my point, whether the driver swears he is the best driver, u still need to follow basic protocol before hiring him ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2018
TheCar:

Referral are the best form of recruitment anywhere in the world. Even big conglomerate and multi-national companies prefer referral than direct recruitment. You can hardly go wrong with referral.

If my current partner, refer any other driver to me, believe me I will not collect Security Deposit from the new driver before giving key to a car. That’s how exceptional he his.

So except for referral from trusted and excellent driver who I have worked with, all procedures must be followed during fresh/direct recruitment of new drivers.

Yes you very correct.. Make we see sha ,but some drivers don't want trouble sha. Especially if they refer person and it does not work out.. Me personally I dey fear to refer person, you are putting your reputation on the line.. So it is 50/50 at times
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2018
taxiappguy:
One experience every single person should try in a life time is become an Uber driver. It is a fantastic experience, full of ups and downs. But absolutely enjoyable.
I took the plunge in September 2016. Up till then, I had only heard good things about it. How much money you could make, how many places you got to visit and how many people you got to meet. I love to interact with intelligent people.
I am someone you could call a semi-pro Uber driver, I guess.
Since September 2019, I have done a grand total of 900 trips, an average of about 10 trips every week. And in this time I have made a good deal of money, and met a handful of people. I have met a less than savoury customer once or twice, the majority of my riders are wonderful people.
I find that usually if I respect myself, people tend to do the same with themselves. And I am fine with that.
I make good money driving, indeed anybody can, combining hard and smart work. I have a plan and I stick to it, I know when and where to drive even if I don't drive that often.
And the conversations, oh the conversations I have had and the ones I have listened in on(unfortunately, I don't have a choice). All I can say is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.
Because I am very service oriented and make sure to give every single rider a great experience, I now have friends all around the city. And for some inexplicable reason, I tend to have riders who are really cool.
Personally, I think every adventurous person should give driving on Uber a try. Because after all is said and done, what could beat having fun while you make money.

My brother you dey fast oo . Make we finish 2018 first... but true sha ,it is a good experience to be a driver first and feel what is attainable in the market.. I suggest six months experience at least is a good start.. You see when u start from the bottom you can see the top.. Don't mind me I borrowed that from "2chain"
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 8:18pm On May 22, 2018
dru23:

My brother you dey fast oo . Make we finish 2018 first... but true sha ,it is a good experience to be a driver first and feel what is attainable in the market.. I suggest six months experience at least is a good start.. You see when u start from the bottom you can see the top.. Don't mind me I borrowed that from "2chain"

Lol. I kept trying to change it to 2016. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:20pm On May 22, 2018
In Romeo’s voice “if d mountain does not come to Mohammed, Mohammed will go to the mountain” grin I Chased d surge. I made cool N5400 from 2 short trips. I miss Romeo on this thread. I learnt a lot from that dude. Still working till 10pm, am done

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tunesh(m): 8:42pm On May 22, 2018
More Blessings bro

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:05pm On May 22, 2018
slamstanlee:
paired. Done deal
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 9:18pm On May 22, 2018
I will try to experience this someday...

taxiappguy:
One experience every single person should try in a life time is to become an Uber driver. It is a fantastic experience, full of ups and downs. But absolutely enjoyable.
I am someone you could call a semi-pro Uber driver, I guess.
Since September 2016, I have done a grand total of 900 trips, an average of about 10 trips every week. And in this time I have made a good deal of money, and met a handful of people. I have met a less than savoury character once or twice, the majority of my riders are wonderful people.
And the conversations, oh the conversations I have had and the ones I have listened in on(unfortunately, sometimes I don't have much of a choice). All I can say is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 10:51pm On May 22, 2018
Dovehorizon:
I will try to experience this someday...

I totally agree
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Humilem: 10:54pm On May 22, 2018
dru23:

My brother I don't have time to proof read what I write now. We no dey literature class...

That is not a good excuse for laziness. For all the things you preach on this thread about successful men such Bill Gates, Warren Buffett .....etc, you certainly don't live up to what you espouse. Sad! I hope that would be an unacceptable excuse when your son or daughter brings home a poor grade from school when you know they could have done better.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seun289(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2018
Humilem:

That is not a good excuse for laziness. For all the things you preach on this thread about successful men such Bill Gates, Warren Buffett .....etc, you certainly don't live up to what you espouse. Sad! I hope that would be an unacceptable excuse when your son or daughter brings home a poor grade from school when you know they could have done better.
I was enjoying today's comment from everyone until u came and turned d whole tin upsidedown... What has a word not properly spelt have to do with one's child(ren) with bad grades cos I am not understanding u oooo

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shegonchy(m): 11:22pm On May 22, 2018
seun289:

I was enjoying today's comment from everyone until u came and turned d whole tin upsidedown... What has a word not properly spelt have to do with one's child(ren) with bad grades cos I am not understanding u oooo
I weak o. Ordinary language another mans language for that matter moreover it's not a test or level of intelligence

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:40pm On May 22, 2018
Humilem:

Like I said ,I don't have the time to proof read everything ..this is a forum to discuss and share ideas.. Not literature class. And also I believe that my english is fair enough for people to understand my point.. My English is not that bad at all..
And also come rain and shine, I always reply people whether it is positive, negative or through forum or email.. People can attest to that. I always respond to them. Do u know how many emails I get a day at times through nairaland.. And the time it takes to reply.. So imagine if I have to proof read and write everything.. Omo I tire now , or better yet make I open my own blog now ..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:12am On May 23, 2018
Humilem:

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kayodei: 12:22am On May 23, 2018
[/quote]Hello house. Please, I will really appreciate if the house could provide me with information on the current cost of vehicle (tokunbo salon car) registration in lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Cineinfo(m), SHOOPSYN(m), hefelove(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.