Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,656 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Women, Childbirth And Laziness - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women, Childbirth And Laziness (26153 Views)

Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants.. / Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Godmother(f): 8:26am On Oct 11, 2015
I asked and this is what my sister does to keep fit:

1. She avoids fizzy drinks, snacks like a plague.
2. She cut down on fried food to the barest.
3. She doesn't eat after 7pm.
4. She doesn't eat between meals.

Funny enough she doesn't exercise cos between her kids and work there's no time. I'm saving her tips to use for when I start childbearing. Hope these tips can help a woman out there too.

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Adesiji77: 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
Godmother:
I asked and this is what my sister does to keep fit:

1. She avoids fizzy drinks, snacks like a plague.
2. She cut down on fried food to the barest.
3. She doesn't eat after 7pm.
4. She doesn't eat between meals.

Funny enough she doesn't exercise cos between her kids and work there's no time. I'm saving her tips to use for when I start childbearing. Hope these tips can help a woman out there too.
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Daresh(f): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
zed7:

A tired excuse women give. Do you know the dedication and time put into working out? They also watch what they eat. Hw many surgeries has Omosexy done? Celebrities are dedicated because a fat, unattractive star would lose relevance.
We men see our women as our own celebrities but unfortunately they are too lazy most times. No motivation even when u talk to them.
Meanwhile i would rather look at an overweight guy than an overweight woman.

When you start having kids come and talk. How many times do u even have space to drink water talk more of exercise? I didn't have a moment to myself for years. Then you add work. Who get time to work out? Kardashians and co are jobless and have all the time in the world to work out. Besides they make money from their bodies so they must keep it tight. I'm sure a number of them do surgery sef.

Finally, everyones body can never be the same. Some lose weight without working out, some work out till they faint. If you don't want to look at overweight women, please close your eyes abeg wink

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2015
I see this thread as a boost to loose the weight.

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by MMotimo: 6:07am On Oct 23, 2015
Maintaining your figure starts with an image of how you want yourself to look, it starts with an aspiration, just like getting your degree takes a lot of work. If your post pregnancy image of yourself is one of a rotund Mom with a pot belly, no action required. If your desire is to not settle into fat, then you have to pick up yourself and work towards that aspiration.

There are many women who only wake up to their blubber when their husbands are looking/already looked out or because they've been diagnosed with health issues or because they can only wear free flowing clothes and even so, their commitment may be weak. Let your inspiration be an image in your head, for yourself so that you can sustain your successes. Primarily, do it because of you, yourself! Not because of your husband and hold your husband accountable for his weight too after all he hasn't had any pregnancies.

Diet and exercise are the key words. If you can't exercise, then don't eat so much. Unless your health puts you at risk, the average human can go without food for 3 days. Cutting your food intake may be hard but it will not kill you. If you must eat what you like and you want to lose weight, you need to workout. If you have time to watch TV and browse Nland, then you have time to workout. Tons of online videos and even freestyle ideas are available, stuff you can do in the comfort of your own homes.

Not many Naija women are born with high metabolism, most of us aren't. There is a reason why your slimmer friends may decline that next doughnut or puff puff or malt or plate of rice or whatever else. It is called discipline and it should be central to your vocabulary. Some celebrities undergo plastic surgery but they also employ discipline because you can't have surgery every time, they have to maintain with diet and exercise too.

Set the image you want of yourself, diet and exercise your way to it. By diet, I'm not talking about cabbage soup, dry toast, starvation, living on crackers, etc. Do what is realistic and sustainable. If you've ate poundo all your life, consider limiting the size instead of giving it up completely. Start with cutting. If you like the results, that will inspire you to cut even more. Nothing tastes as good as slim feels, I think it was Oprah that said that even though she still struggles.

In all that you do, I pray you don't lose your boooooobs. With real obesity and for our heavily-endowed-front sisters, the booooooobs tend to go (sag badly) when weight loss is significant. The bigger the booooobs, the greater the danger.

Ultimately, prevention is better than cure. Don't go overboard with eating during pregnancy, the more you gain, the more work you have to do. The more work ahead of you, the more discouraged you feel until you look like that Mommy you vowed you'd never be.

Husbands, don't be afraid to tell your wives the truth and practise what you preach. The advice above applies to you too. Nothing sexy about pot bellies shooting out of t-shirts and rising like a huge ocean wave, suspending your neck tie in midair.

I think I made my point. . . . . .

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by tpiah11: 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
^aunty, are you one of the reasons why someone in romance section put a photo of his/her exposed cleavage in his/her profile?
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by tck2000(m): 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
Oh
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by fcdgrand(m): 12:13am On Jun 13, 2019
dominique:
What those Hollywood celebrities will never tell you is the expensive plastic surgery procedure they undergo.

Abi o. You see men developing pot belies after marriage. At least the women lose their shapes when bringing children into the world. What's the men's excuse?
joy of fatherhood

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by MMotimo: 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2019
Wrong thread

Should I Get Married To Her Now? / Akashat Ny'mat Reacts To Sokoto Teenage Couple: 17-Year-Old & 15-Year-Old / Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady