Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! (26864 Views)

Sani Abacha's 74th Posthumous Birthday (Cuts His Birthday Cake In Throwback Pic) / President Buhari's 74th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Tunde Idiagbon's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kritikali(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2015
truefact:

Since he is not betrayer, why was he hanged like the worst criminal?

So he was hanged because he betrayed who? Who exactly did he betray, abacha or who?

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by oba2flex(m): 10:37am On Oct 10, 2015
tupacshakur:

E pain am! grin grin

Hanged like a goat? I wasn't talking about being hanged but about lickin' Hausa/Fulani asses?

Now hungrywolf, make you no lie o, which state for Naija you dey hustle? Make I bend if na south-east state. grin . If I catch you for Lagos, you go know how far.

Back to Saro-wiwa, he was actually a martyr. Do you know how much Shell paid to his family for his unjust killing? 15.5 million USD. Do you know how much Shell and other oil companies paid in compensating Ogoni land for the environmental degradation of their lands? Google is your friend, you sentimental Flat-head.

Conclusively, I'm sorry I stirred up emotions in you.

Oloshi! grin
I just find myself enjoying u...not for the content of ur argument but ur style. U prove ur points even wit some jokes and teases. No quarrels, no fights. Well done!
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by pasol4real(m): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2015
tupacshakur:

Talking about Fulani-asslicking, the following comes to mind...

Nnamdi Azikiwe, a ceremomial, hand-shaking figure head and Tafawa Balewa's "boy" in the first republic.

Alex Ekwueme, Shagari's vice in the second republic.

Sylvester Ugoh, Tofa's running mate in the aborted third republic.

I can bet my life that you are don't live in the south-east region, just like many of your people out there.

Most likely, na either Lagos, Abuja or Kano you go dey live.

Go to the Fulani states in the North and see a lot of your Igbo folks lickin' Fulani asses to make ends meet. Have you ever wondered what scares a lot of your people out of their enclaves

Idiot!

Who is this senseless goat talking trash .hav u bin to the north before.u slowpoke u hav the guts to call igbos asslicking just goes to show how illiterate n dumb u are .the igbos fought even the whites to a standstill how much more our fellow nigerians.I don't even think u are well travelled n versatile otherwise u wud know that igbos go every where n conquer n dominate even their hosts.

5 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by OfoIgbo: 10:39am On Oct 10, 2015
akereconfi:
All these IBOs spewing trash about Ken. You guys are pained Ken didn't give in to your agenda. I am an Ogoni boy, we love ken, we don't need your love. You guys should stick to your biafra thingy

Well, PH where KSW has an abandoned property that he criminally seized from Chief Obi may well be part of Biafra or Lower Niger Federation. If Ogonis choose not to be a part of it, what then becomes of KSaw's ill gotten properties in PH?

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by honestivo(m): 10:39am On Oct 10, 2015
RIP to our great leader,how I wish u were still alive till date,Niger delta would hv been far better dan d way it is 2day
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Armaggedon: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2015
mizmia:
Who did he betray?!
he knows (wherever he is)

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by M4gunners: 10:51am On Oct 10, 2015
courage54:
That is the true son of the Niger Delta and not all those thieving thieves like ASARI TOKUBO, GEJ, DEIZIANI and a host of other criminals that are parading themselves all around now.

We Niger Deltas are strongly behind BUHARI / OSINBAJO

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE
Speak for yourself please.

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by fastestfinger: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2015
This foolish criminal hired assassins who hacked to death in a most gruesome manner,elders of the land,that assembled to discuss the progress and prosperity of the ogonis...may he continue to rot in hell for spilling the blood of those innocent men.i have nothing but total disgust for saboteurs and betrayers.

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Jyde89: 10:57am On Oct 10, 2015
CyberWolf:
Serves him right..May he continue to roast in hell. For the fact that he apologized to Ojukwu before he was maimed by his Fulani slave masters shows that he really regretted his actions and in-actions but it's too late then.

This is a lesson to other NigerDelta sellout today. Your own death by your Fulani slave masters will be more brutal and humiliating than Saro Wiwa. angry

Once again, may he

continue roasting in hell ..Ewu angry

You your self said he apologised to Ojukwu before he died so what else do you want; a youtube clip of him burning in hell, at least we know him; who know your papa. Eeeeeeeeeeediot
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2015
a bloody criminal

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kingzizzy: 11:07am On Oct 10, 2015
Aminat508:
Ken was a true freedom fighter.

RIP embarassed

How was he a true freedom fighter? Ojukwu was fighting to free him and other minorities of what is now known as the Niger-Delta from Northern Nigerian Hausa-Fulani hegemony, while he was fighting to return to 'one Nigeria'. What happened later? Nigeria then won the war and took all the resources of the Niger-Delta people and dumped toxic waste from Oil exploration on their lands. When Ken Saro Wiwa protested, they hanged him. Ken Saro Wiwa along with other misguided Niger-Deltans like Adaka Boro thought the Igbo man was the problem. By the time they learnt who the real enemy was, death was knocking at the door. Ken Saro Wiwa was a foolish man

9 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by truefact: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2015
kritikali:

So he was hanged because he betrayed who? Who exactly did he betray, abacha or who?
If he such a wonderful person, why was he hanged like criminal?

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by smoothpapuzy(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2015
Kenai:
Well, considering the Ogoni land is still in total disrepair, the locals are still prone to lung cancer (from the pollution) and one of the panelists at the kangaroo court who executed him (Hamid Ali) is currently occupying a nice position under Buhari's new administration, all I've got to wish Mr. Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa is a Good Morning.

R.I.P.

Spot on son, I don't pity traitors. He deserved to die for selling out. Ameachi is following suit.

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by smoothpapuzy(m): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2015
kingzizzy:

How was he a true freedom fighter? Ojukwu was fighting to free him and other minorities from what is now known as the Niger-Delta from Northern Nigerian Hausa-Fulani hegemony while, he was fighting to return to 'one Nigeria'. What happened later? Nigeria then won the war and took all the resources of the Niger-Delta people and dumped toxic waster from Oil exploration on their lands. When Ken Saro Wiwa protested, they hanged him. Ken Saro Wiwa along with other misguided Niger-Deltans like Adaka Boro thought the Igbo man was the problem. By the time they learnt who the real enemy was, death was knocking at the door. Ken Saro Wiwa was a foolish man

A very foolish man. Killed like a rat by the Nigerian govt and later declared a hero by the same Nigerian govt.

4 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by smoothpapuzy(m): 11:23am On Oct 10, 2015
Jyde89:

You your self said he apologised to Ojukwu before he died so what else do you want; a youtube clip of him burning in hell, at least we know him; who your papa. Eeeeeeeeeeediot

It is a curse to be known for betraying your people. May God never bring that kind of shameless fame to even my worst enemy.

4 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 10, 2015
smoothpapuzy:

A very foolish man. Killed like a rat by the Nigerian govt and later declared a hero by the same Nigerian govt.

I understand ur pain. but the people of ND appreciate his effort.. Keep ur hatred in ur SE... thanks
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Jyde89: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2015
smoothpapuzy:

It is a curse to be known for betraying your people. May God never bring that kind of shameless fame to even my worst enemy.

Is ogoni land part of south east
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Jyde89: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2015
smoothpapuzy:

Is ogoni land part of south east?
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by smoothpapuzy(m): 11:38am On Oct 10, 2015
[quote author=donbuchi1 post=38842843]"I was a graduate student when the cataclysmic events of 1966 happened. Apart from my revulsion at the needless murders of the innocent, nothing upset me more than Ojukwu's dishonest formulations and his attempt to kidnap the Ogoni, among others, into his Igbo empire called "biafra." I knew that he pinned his hopes of the economic viability of "biafra" on the oil of the Ogoni and the Ijaw. I rebelled. I became Secretary of a small committee which met nights in Port Harcourt and issued a communique calling on Gowon to create a Rivers State by decree.

The same oil and wealth he never enjoyed and Ogonis may never do.[/quot

You worked against the growth of your people. I hope you have learnt your lesson and will be willing to work with the Igbo this time. You have the opportunity that ksw never had, a second chance to make things right.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by shamecurls(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2015
DDRM!
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 10, 2015
kingzizzy:

How was he a true freedom fighter? Ojukwu was fighting to free him and other minorities of what is now known as the Niger-Delta from Northern Nigerian Hausa-Fulani hegemony while, he was fighting to return to 'one Nigeria'. What happened later? Nigeria then won the war and took all the resources of the Niger-Delta people and dumped toxic waster from Oil exploration on their lands. When Ken Saro Wiwa protested, they hanged him. Ken Saro Wiwa along with other misguided Niger-Deltans like Adaka Boro thought the Igbo man was the problem. By the time they learnt who the real enemy was, death was knocking at the door. Ken Saro Wiwa was a foolish man

I really Understand ur pain ndoooo .... no cry en.. doh omo me'h biko wor' vi'air er

I really don't understand u guys... hw did KSW betrayed u ?.. wen declaring Ur republic did you consult the people of ND b4 dragging them into you selfish country ?.. How many Minorities were in Support of that dream ?.. did Ogoni people support the dream ? if yes pls show me proof...

Point of Correction: Ojukwu was not fighting for any SS minority, Ojukwu was fighting for his Igbo people, same as KSW, David ejoor, Adaka boro.. Don't call our leader names because they didn't fall 4 ur trick.. if you gat nothing to say Shut the Bleep up and keep quiet.. Let Niger Deltans mour There Leader...

rubbish.. Rip KSW .. A true legend.. my mom always speak Good of this man

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by smoothpapuzy(m): 11:42am On Oct 10, 2015
Jyde89:

Is ogoni land part of south east?

Formerly , there was nothing like south east/ south south. It was called eastern Nigeria/Biafra.
You don't know your history so its clear you have no direction where you are going.
I wish you a safe landing in your world of ignorance. Ksw wasn't lucky enough to right his wrongs, hope you will be.

5 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by smoothpapuzy(m): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2015
Goodboiyy:

I understand ur pain. but the people of ND appreciate his effort.. Keep ur hatred in ur SE... thanks

No hatred. I just wish more ignorant people from the so called Niger delta would travel more to see how oil money has been out to use. I stay I Kaduna, it look more to me like I reside in an oil city.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kritikali(m): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2015
truefact:

If he such a wonderful person, why was he hanged like criminal?

Am not concern about the hanging, even jesus christ was crucified according to the bible and yet he wasn't a criminal...my questions stands, how's he a betrayal?..BTW check history so many innocent have been killed mercilessly....
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kritikali(m): 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
pasol4real:

Who is this senseless goat talking trash .hav u bin to the north before.u slowpoke u hav the guts to call igbos asslicking just goes to show how illiterate n dumb u are .the igbos fought even the whites to a standstill how much more our fellow nigerians.I don't even think u are well travelled n versatile otherwise u wud know that igbos go every where n conquer n dominate even their hosts.

Keep dominating and conquering till you become new tutsi on another's man land...remember the lagoon, it's no bluffing it can happen and am sorry nothing u can do about it..keep on chest beating. God is your strength.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by CSTR2: 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
He was slaughtered by buhari's boss.
Moronnic backstabbing prick.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kingzizzy: 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
Goodboiyy:

I really Understand ur pain ndoooo .... no cry en.. doh omo me'h biko wor' vi'air er

I really don't understand u guys... hw did KSW betrayed u ?.. wen declaring Ur republic did you consult the people of ND b4 dragging them into you selfish country ?.. How many Minorities were in Support of that dream ?.. did Ogoni people support the dream ? if yes pls show me proof...

Point of Correction: Ojukwu was not fighting for any SS minority, Ojukwu was fighting for his Igbo people, same as KSW, David ejoor, Adaka boro.. Don't call our leader names because they didn't fall 4 ur trick.. if you gat nothing to say Shut the Bleep up and keep quiet.. Let Niger Deltans mour There Leader...

rubbish.. Rip KSW .. A true legend.. my mom always speak Good of this man

So you don't know that Ojukwu consulted the minorities of the Niger-Delta before declaring Biafra? Have you heard about the Eastern Nigeria consultative assembly? After Ken Saro Wiwa,Adaka Boro and David Ejoor fought to return your precious Niger-Delta back to "Hausa/Fulani control", what happened? Adaka and Ken were murdered and David Ejoor was unceremoniously kicked out of the army and retired while the Oil and gas wealth was stolen. Real sweet. Ken led his people into slavery.

Read the attachment below to learn how all the Chiefs of the Niger-Delta mandated Ojukwu to declare Biafra

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ollyruffy: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
I wonder how some igbo reasons. So every other tribe men that didnot support the biafra during the civil war betrayed the igbo?

Stop blaming other tribes or regions of nigeria for your loss at the war.

Ken Saro Wiwa was among the true fighters that paid the ultimate price for the freedom of the ogonis.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by philtrum(m): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
One the Best Poetry pugilist that I know....Rest On KSW
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
tupacshakur:

Now tell me, how did he betray the Igbos?

...too bad he was murdered. But you know what, his Ogoni people and other adjoining tribes in the Niger delta respect and honor him even after his death.

The Igbos don't really count when it comes to the issue of Ken saro-wiwa.
Seriously it baffles me how some Fooool(Igbos) are spreading propaganda about this man My problem with them is that, they blame every one for their down fall. These are the same set of people who started "coup" in Nigeria and when others retaliate? They started shouting up and down. Mtchewww.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by uchenna4(m): 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
U are suppose to be alive,But God nos the best, can we Nig pls try and appreciate and like our fellow beings, look how an un calculated military killed an innocent man.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
kingzizzy:

So you don't know that Ojukwu consulted the minorities of the Niger-Delta before declaring Biafra? Have you heard about the Eastern Nigeria consultative assembly? After Ken Saro Wiwa,Adaka Boro and David Ejoor fought to return your precious Niger-Delta back to "Hausa/Fulani control", what happened? Adaka and Ken were murdered and David Ejoor was unceremoniously kicked out of the army and retired while the Oil and gas wealth was stolen. Real sweet. Ken led his people into slavery.

Read the attachment below to learn how all the Chiefs of the Niger-Delta mandated Ojukwu to declare Biafra

Point of Correction.. David Ejoor never signed any part with Ojukwu.. and Delta/Edo state were never part of ur old eastern region.. U keep calling Northerners Evil and Ojukwu Saint but u 4got the Evil ojukwu did to mid-western Region.. Ojukwu even ordered 4 the death of David Ejoor because he never submitted to his dream.. is that the Country you want my People to Belong ?...

secondly The Image you showed me above never represented the mind of 80% of Niger Deltans, if it did represented us we would have fought along your army.. The masses never wanted it..

Stop insulting our Heroes because they didn't accept your dream..

Am nt from Ogoni, Am from Delta, But If you ask me, Me Ayo am Proud Of KSW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Vows To Reject Anambra Election Result Due To Disenfranchised Voters / Boko Haram’s Cameramen Captured In Adamawa / Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.