Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:24 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (859785 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ronnie1984(f): 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hi dearie..tanks for replying me. I was planning to leave in April cos am due in may. What flight are u using and are u flying directly to el paso. If so where would ur poe be.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2016
@Modath, I still can't remember quoting you I only quoted @nomanicole for throwing such shades @ someone. Almost her retarded. Even a sec. Schl student will know the meaning of DORMANT. That word isn't only used in the banking sector, it's a general English word.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
chloe7:
I got 365 from sulah just a few minutes ago.

You are not nice @ ALL !! grin cheesy , the 5# is consolation. grin

Abefeokin:
@Modath, I still can't remember quoting you I only quoted @nomanicole for throwing such shades @ someone. Almost her retarded. Even a sec. Schl student will know the meaning of DORMANT. That word isn't only used in the banking sector, it's a general English word.

I stand corrected, everything became muddled & there was no clarification... we cool.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2016
modath:

You are not nice @ ALL !! grin cheesy , the 5# is consolation. grin
abeg I no nice, Lool cheesy cheesy grin grin winkI just had to call sulah to find out how much it will be to buy dollars if eventually one has to buy black market, mehn! I heard 365 and I said thank you so much, just imagine!!! I pity all of Una whey dey go missionary journey now o because only the Lord is thy strength

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2016
chloe7:
abeg I no nice, Lool cheesy cheesy grin grin winkI just had to call sulah to find out how much it will be to buy dollars if eventually one has to buy black market, mehn! I heard 365 and I said thank you so much, just imagine!!! I pity all of Una whey dey go missionary journey now o because only the Lord is thy strength

Toh! The only option is to start buying small small before we start hearing 500( just last week we were crying over 320 and its already 370 ?). Or open account with banks like Stanbic that are not charging so high and hope for the best.

I dey beg make people for Yankee already share their bank charges (on naira cards) make those of us wey dey here dey guided. Biko nu oh. God bless you as you help us. The situation is critical.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
Pls I would appreciate if you give back more e.g. the full name of the hospital and medical costs breakdown.

Thanks.

donugapi:
Hi all.. In the spirit of giving back
My Mrs had our LO a couple of weeks ago at MMC in New York.

We thank God for a very very smooth delivery process. The hospital stay was awesome.

We were able to get all her documents sorted out very quickly too.
BC came in the mail 6 days after delivery, Social Security card came 2 days after the BC.
Documentation was very quick too. Went to US passport agency in the Morning finished at 10am, Headed to the Nigerian embassy.. got there just before 11 and we got her passport by 3pm (process is quite straight forward once money order is paid and online form is filled properly)

I'm back to Naija now and eagerly awaiting their arrival..

Goodluck to all the soon to be parents out there...

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2016
chloe7:

Did i hear you well? Missionary gini?? After how many shindrens? It is dem onlineise , you , feddy , emeriem etc that we are trying to look for hook for to restrain dollar from meeting crude oil soon grin cheesy ...

Not only that i dey carry 6mth pikin for hand, aswear , if.... grin cheesy .... * will go & check again if all still dey intact ** lipsrsealed grin

cc phema , how far nah, that lil prince charming needs playmate oooo

Sayoberry, how far along with the idowu project?

Mama Nogen, let's plan for Quads, our God is able

Nefertitiram ... You wasting time girl ...

Popri .... Chicago PoE dey miss you..

TVEGAS. .. Baba , i dream see you with twins for houston....

Olokings .... Wetin you dey wait for?

Firsttymum. .. Time waiteth for no man , u don rest enough do dis ting sharp sharp make you for rest oooo tongue tongue

bbaby84,.... tick tick says the clock,

Make all of una do quick, una dey wait make USD reach 500#?

grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Popri(f): 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2016
I lafff in Spanish my humorous modath grin
My next journey should be in John Hopkins so I'm waiting for something to come into the life of my NGN and this is it:

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
Modath I don tire finally o, this matter is a serious one, my missionary journey is 2018/19 abeg make the one whey dey my hand grow,having two little kids running around is a hustle I can't cope, by then dollar for don be $1- 1 naira grin grin cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2016
Tips to minimise dollar cost this period
1) Buy your ticket early and queue for PTA, in two weeks you will get.
2) if your hubby or mum or family member has any visa, abeg, let the person buy a cheap ticket, maybe Arik for 175k and get PTA, you can't compare 365 and 197.5, on $4000 you save 4000*167.5= N670,000.00 even if the airline doesn't refund you, you have gained 500k, but trust me you will get reasonable refund
3) pay hospital and Doctor directly using form A, especially El Paso peeps, form A is still at 197.5, so by the time u settle your bill from here, it eases ur POE and also you won't spend ur PTA on hospital bills.
4) with $8,000(ur PTA and another persons pta) you are good to go, if it's too much sell sef and recoup.

I hope this helps.....we have to find a way around this dollar thing abeg

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 6:19pm On Feb 17, 2016
^^^ to add to your post, open various accounts in various banks so that when the time comes, they will not say that you don't have account.

I am opening account in WEMA, UBA, Standard Chartered, Fidelity combined with the 3 banks I use now . . .

I am even opening for my hubby sef, he is looking at me as if I am crazy haha

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
anonymousmum:
^^^ to add to your post, open various accounts in various banks so that when the time comes, they will not say that you don't have account.

I am opening account in WEMA, UBA, Standard Chartered, Fidelity combined with the 3 banks I use now . . .

I am even opening for my hubby sef, he is looking at me as if I am crazy haha

Sure!! Also queue up for PTA in three banks minimum, the one that calls you first you go. You don't have to be tied in one bank
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2016
ZillyO you are a darling, you saved me from StanbicIBTC and made me insist on fidelity if not I for still dey waka, I now have a question for you and other bankers, abeg I have a 17 year old that has visa and ticket will they sell pta to her at the bank? kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gusfy823: 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hello, nairaland family. Pls what accommodation do you recommend for me, will be having my baby at whmc, texas in may. I need an affordable one room apt. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
modath:

Why did you adopt your stand What informed your opinion or what?

Do you even know the context of my point... I won't join issues with you though cos you likely don't even don't know but still decided to throw a 9" brick ....

First & Union banks are very very old banks, over a 100yrs for 1st if I'm correct... our grannies & greaties accounts that no one had any inkling about, didn't have records of after their exit from this world are 90% of the dormant accounts in question.... these unclaimed money + inflation over the years do add up.....

You don't have to take my word for it, there are ways to find stuff out.... Na wa for this NL lane sha!!! undecided

@ Enizo.. not everything should & must be examined through tribal lenses... also.. . Not everyone one encounters in life must favour one & with all due respect , from what you've posited (can't decipher much from written text unlike body language) you may have been abrasive & it's human nature not to accept being talked down to...... some few people here have good things to say about him, so he can't be that BAD.. my 2k

I refrained from using tribal lines please don't misquote me. I know he gave me attitude and it was me alone.
If he failed to confirm my ticket after talking to me rudely don't you think. There is something wrong. If you know him tell him when he is wrong he should apologise I acted matured and too it. Please let's not lose focus this forum is abt helping others my experience with him might just be for me alone but trust me what I stated happened.

Enough of the short man let's help people with needs.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2016
ZillyO:
Tips to minimise dollar cost this period
1) Buy your ticket early and queue for PTA, in two weeks you will get.
2) if your hubby or mum or family member has any visa, abeg, let the person buy a cheap ticket, maybe Arik for 175k and get PTA, you can't compare 365 and 197.5, on $4000 you save 4000*167.5= N670,000.00 even if the airline doesn't refund you, you have gained 500k, but trust me you will get reasonable refund

3) pay hospital and Doctor directly using form A, especially El Paso peeps, form A is still at 197.5, so by the time u settle your bill from here, it eases ur POE and also you won't spend ur PTA on hospital bills.
4) with $8,000(ur PTA and another persons pta) you are good to go, if it's too much sell sef and recoup.

I hope this helps.....we have to find a way around this dollar thing abeg

Nice piece

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
@Modath , please I dodge that prayer of yours. Did you say quadruplet? Mbanu! !! I totally reject it biko kwa. In fact, mi si ile!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
chloe7:
Enizo actually I think I reckon with you in that dressing part, the day I went I wore my distressed Jean and body top and flats, nobody even regarded me, you don't expect me to wear koko shoe when it's not like i'm going for one important appointment asides going to stanbic, funny enough other banks I entered asides StanbicIBTC i got a better treatment, I don't know how those people are o they are surely annoying

God bless u chloe 7 atleast you took notice. Politeness ends when the peeps @ d door say good morning, but some are still decent and nice rebecca and I very black dude @ the 1st counter are nice they never got tired of answering question and reassuring you that it will happen when it's your turn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
Enizo:

As at today moneygram is 303 enquired @ diamond

Did moneygram today at access bank. Came to 265.8 including all charges

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2016
For the people rich enough to qualify for credit cards, pls go and apply. That's another way to get official rate.
I'm travelling in 2wks and my sister has given me Hers to use. SHe'll be paying back at 199.5 even when I collect cash, the extra charges won't be anything like 370.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by osat82(f): 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2016
hello please does anyone know of a doctor that accepts payment via bank transfer in el paso,huston area plssss!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iya01: 8:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Is it compulsory you get ur fit to fly from a Govt hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sorry babe, they don't sell to minors. He has to be at least 18yrs.

chloe7:
ZillyO you are a darling, you saved me from StanbicIBTC and made me insist on fidelity if not I for still dey waka, I now have a question for you and other bankers, abeg I have a 17 year old that has visa and ticket will they sell pta to her at the bank? kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:59pm On Feb 17, 2016
No dear. Some airlines get craze though.Find out from your airline.

Make sure the letter specifically states that you're fit to fly, the number of babies in the tummy, that pregnancy is uncomplicated and the EDD

iya01:
Is it compulsory you get ur fit to fly from a Govt hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
Nogen:
@Modath , please I dodge that prayer of yours. Did you say quadruplet? Mbanu! !! I totally reject it biko kwa. In fact, mi si ile!
I catch the prayer u dodged and add amen to it cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I add a huge AMEN for you kiss

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
happytbaby:

Sorry babe, they don't sell to minors. He has to be at least 18yrs.

na wa o, it's Alright, thanks for the response dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I almost included you in that prayer but didn't know how you would feel. My darling , I send them your way fast fast in Jesus name. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by donugapi(m): 9:39pm On Feb 17, 2016
madammamus:
Pls I would appreciate if you give back more e.g. the full name of the hospital and medical costs breakdown.

Thanks.

Hospital is mercy medical center.
$1.1k for lab and sonogram.
$6k for vaginal delivery
$8k for cs
Epidural is $1.1k for vag, and $1.2k for cs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 10:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

From your mouth & heart to the ears of the Lord, he don pick up, oya begin yarn am your specs..... wink

I followed your Cyprus waka & you are always in my prayers, God will settle you burifully..

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Vlesparza: 10:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
Ronnie1984:
Hello everyone. .am new here and have been trying to follow the thread from part one till this part. I also through this forum decided to use doctores para ti services. Pls I would like to meet mum's who will be due around April or may that are using this service to so we could connect and share ideas.
God bless

There are always many people from Naija at Intown Suites and Extended Stay who are having there baby, you will definitely not be alone. A lot of people also find it convenient that Wire transfers are also accepted so there is even more patients so finding people in El Paso will not be difficult.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by iblaw: 10:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
chloe7:
please go very early by like 8-9am, although most banks I hear will sell on Friday, someone told my mum to come on Friday in diamond bank, this pta matter is now who knows who, go tomorrow request then on Fri they might just sell to you, me sef first thing on Fri na me dem go see for Fidelity we are opening that branch together

Please which branch of Diamond bank?

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.