Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (858353 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo:

I feel for those going after us dollars will hit 500 I already told DW to open an American account for her next missionary journey.
Nogen ensure u send now naira will keep falling. If u know anyone even if the peep is ur enemy collect dollars from him/her and pay the naira equivalent

Will do just that. Thanks bro.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
Okay gurus I need help DW has crossed we all know that now her passport is carrying her maiden name.

How do I get my baby to bear my name.

We are using Dr Fagbohun @ oakbend so if u have a solution to the scenario please act accordingly. Many thank to everyone who held our hands to this stage.

Please I will still need to be han held and spoon feed till this is over @firstymum @lg @jayjay4lyf @all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Egonne1(f): 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hi, did moneygram today with FirstBank for 248 minus charges.
I also was told that medical has been removed from form A. U can still pay school fees though.
Enizo:

As at today moneygram is 303 enquired @ diamond
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ify4charm: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hello Northside hospital mummies,

Please can help with the procedure/ number for bill payment for self pay patients . I have pre-registered online and would like to make payment before leaving for the U.S. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo:
Okay gurus I need help DW has crossed we all know that now her passport is carrying her maiden name.

We are using Dr Fagbohun @ oakbend so if u have a solution to the scenario please act accordingly. Many thank to everyone who held our hands to this stage.

Please I will still need to be han held and spoon feed till this is over @firstymum @lg @jayjay4lyf @all

Kikikikikikikikikikikikikiki. Let me join the Kikikikikikikikikikikikikiki laughter group @ Enizo. You were not worried about your baby's last name before? Don't worry, hope she traveled with the marriage certificate if need be. What's important is the father's consent and legal means of identification like biodata page of your international passport.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo:

Worry not...lol. your desired name will be on the birth cert and ur wife's maiden name will be dere on the bc too irrespective of what name she has on her passport

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
So here is my POE gist.
I give all praise and glory to God for his goodness and favour.(Man proposes God disposes)
I flew with BA from Lagos, travelled at 32wks+, fit to fly was only asked for at check in not in the plane,
Customs didn't stress me at all,they said ha big belle be going o grin
Got to London at 5am but the wheel chair assistance I requested for didn't show but I still have small energy so I walked to the General lounge,sat,dozed,charge phone,had breakfast while waiting for my flight to JFK scheduled for 10am but gate unknown. (to be displayed at 9am)
At 8:45am info displayed on screen changed to flight delays to 12noon.
I waddled to BA counter to confirm,BA said it's AA that's flying me so I should go talk to them, I said bros na BA collect money for my hand na what's all this passing me around. He said sorry maam but I can't access the full info here, it's AA pple that will do that.
Got to AA counter,the hot chick there collect my ticket,check the system said uhmm due to the delay you are going to miss your connecting flight to CMH,the earliest you will get to your final destination is midnight shocked embarassed
But I can reroute you through Charlotte NC(new POE instead of JFK) and you will get to CMH by 6pm and the flight leaves in 45mins.I said go ahead but I need the wheel chair assistance,she organised everything sharply, printed new itinerary for me,called the boarding gate cheesy
Na so I board plane to Charlotte o (in all my travels I have never passed thru here),flight wasn't full,had 4 seats to myself,ate,slept,watch film. 1 hour before landing,I pick my Command the morning and started praying.
Landed safely, was wheeled straight to the front.
CBP:Hello
Me:Hi
Cbp:why are you here
Me:To have my baby( note: I was seated,my handbag was on my lap and he couldn't see that am pregnant so I could have lied and say vacation and be done but my spirit says be honest,you have prayed)
Cbp:Why (his face changed)
Me: Healthcare is better here
Cbp:Did you inform the embassy
Me: No but I did drop box, so no interview and I sent an email.
Cbp:Gave me a green tag,held my passport and sent me to secondary inspection.
Got there,there was a queue,a woman came and directed that I should taken to a room but before I got to the door, my name was called by another officer.
Wheeled to him,you said you want to have your baby here.
Me:Yes
Officer:Why
Me:Better healthcare.
Officer:You had a baby here in 20..
Officer:Did you pay for it?
Officer:Do you have proof?
Me; Yes.(note: I have a whole envelope with copies of receipts from hospital,obgyn,paediatrician,epidural,pic taken of her at birth at hospital,most recent pic taken 2 weeks ago,copies of data page of her green and blue passport)
Officer:smiles and said I can see you are well prepared.
Checked everything.Where is she? She looks cheeky.
Me:She is back home with her dad because of school.
Officer:Are they coming later
Me:Yes.next month
Officer:Ok.when is your due date?
Me:xxxxx
Officer:Ok.In case of complications,am just saying and you need more than 6 months make sure you contact xyz so that you won't have issues renewing your visa ok.
Congratulations.
All these happened within 20 mins.Had 1 luggage with orisirisi inside,declared that I have food but didn't specify,scan my luggage and he said bye.
Sorry for the long story grin

29 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jayjay4lyf: 7:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo:

It's whatever your DW tells dem dat they will input, they give a form to fill in d details that will appear in d BC, my DW mistakenly filled my surname as her maiden name and dats how it came out lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
Egonne1:
Hi, did moneygram today with FirstBank for 248 minus charges.
I also was told that medical has been removed from form A. U can still pay school fees though.

Nice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Jiji11: 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
[quote author=Enizo post=42979374]Okay gurus I need help DW has crossed we all know that now her passport is carrying her maiden name.

its no issue, it's the name she fills on the form that will appear on the child's birth certificate and subsequently U.S passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by evemama: 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
biollar1:

United head office in Ikeja and its 312,602. Luftanza is just from lagos to Frankfurt. United takes over from Frankfurt to Newark to Houston. It's a United trip, just marketed first leg for Luftanza .

ok thanks will check it out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo,

Just be nice to Madam so that she can put down your name for the bc.

A friend and her husband couldn't agree on baby name a few years back and she threatened not to put his surname and he would have to come back to the US and seek her consent to include his name. Apparently, father's name can be 'unknown'.

Kikikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by evemama: 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
omodadi:

Congratulations......travelling first week April too, and seems we av dame combo hosp/doc. Bt av booked my flight already. So now u can join us in the dollar issues.

My dear thanks, hopefully we get to meet in this journey of ours. Fortunately I already have about 10,000 dollars, my hubby did some job few months ago and I insisted we keep d dollars and spend naira. Am glad I did with all these pta and dollar wahala on now. 345/$1 wow! This pickin suppose know say him mama & papa over try!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo:

She doesn't need any help. Just fill the name (s) as you want it on the birth certificate.
Do you think it's all the Americans that change their name when they marry?

Regardless of what name is on her passport... She has to write her maiden name when filling the birth certificate in the space for mother
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
Bisoye82
Had to break down in laughter when I got to picture taken two weeks ago

Abeg you have displaced Phema in hilarious burden of proof

grin grin cheesy

I honestly thought nothing could beat her wedding album; wedding Iv; wedding program sojourn

Thumbs up and thank God for safe entry grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mamatukwas: 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nictos:
Hello Familia,
Can anyone please shed more light on the JPS ob pack (Self Pay). For the gurus in the house, please enlighten me if this OB pack self pay using a residential address of my sis would affect my Visa re-application.

Has anyone ever used it and had no issue with Visa renewal- Please share experience.

I sincerely don't want anything jeopardizing my continuous visit to the US cos na there all my family dey oo. Na only me dey naija cos am "patriotic"

Thank a bunch.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
happytbaby:
Enizo,

Just be nice to Madam so that she can put down your name for the bc.

A friend and her husband couldn't agree on baby name a few years back and she threatened not to put his surname and he would have to come back to the US and seek her consent to include his name. Apparently, father's name can be 'unknown'.

Lol how you take know

Kikikikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
evemama:

My dear thanks, hopefully we get to meet in this journey of ours. Fortunately I already have about 10,000 dollars, my hubby did some job few months ago and I insisted we keep d dollars and spend naira. Am glad I did with all these pta and dollar wahala on now. 345/$1 wow! This pickin suppose know say him mama & papa over try!

Please apply for pta o even if u have dollars by your next missionary journey dollars will exchange for 1000# to 1$
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shithapuns: 9:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
Bisoye82:

Chai na my darling darling you dey vex for like this shocked
I don't know him from Adam o but he was very nice to me and make sure I was attended to quickly the day I bought.
@ Enizo I apologise on his behalf biko cheesy

Uhmmm POE coming soon grin

i bet enizo aint from his tribe, the guy might hv been tribalistic........its fairly routine in naija some1 of same tribe as the officer will hv an easy time, while other tribes will always rub him the wrong way...my 2 cents
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
God forbid oh! ahn ahn. By my next journey e go be N100: $1 oh!
Enizo:

Please apply for pta o even if u have dollars by your next missionary journey dollars will exchange for 1000# to 1$

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mamatukwas: 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
[quote author=Nictos post=42971856]Hello Familia,
Can anyone please shed more light on the JPS ob pack (Self Pay).

Kai my long post disappeared angry Anyhoo Biko all the old timers and ghost visitors on this thread should do us a favor and tell us when things go wrong with hospital billing depts. Coz I know that 'zero' balance is not always so straightforward to get.

On this JPS package a friend who used it was charged extra 22k dollars coz according to her even though she had paid her initial bill in full, she got an extra bill for 2,700 a day to departure from Amelica and paid it 2months later. JPS billing said she had exceeded d time limit for self pay package and charged her d extra dough. The only offer was: how long do u want your payment plan to be lipsrsealed Hmmm les be wise oh. Already e don enter collectors matter.

@ Nictos sorry I didn't ans your question directly but just to share so u can have a rounded view.

Biko my thread darlings If things go wrong with billing let's share so that people will be better informed and the house can guide u on what to do. I had the same issue with my 1st journey and its peeps here that showed me the way.

I hv talked enough. Sorry for d long post!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by evemama: 10:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo:

Haha! That will be crazy! God forbid any way make I face this journey first. Second missionary will take care of it self.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeriem: 12:22am On Feb 17, 2016
chloe7:
Emeriem how far with your pta waka, any luck so far?

My dear, you wont believe i spent all day in Cotonuo today. Its even worse than Naija as their black market sold for N350.
I will continue my search in Lagos tomorrow, my flight is this weekend
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 12:57am On Feb 17, 2016
evemama:

Haha! That will be crazy! God forbid any way make I face this journey first. Second missionary will take care of it self.

Sweetie... kindly give me your allocation o. Make e no waste.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Itissettled3: 4:31am On Feb 17, 2016
Please don't use your first bank card in the US. I was just charged 355 per $. Words cannot explain how i feel at the moment. Never again!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 4:32am On Feb 17, 2016
shithapuns:

i bet enizo aint from his tribe, the guy might hv been tribalistic........its fairly routine in naija some1 of same tribe as the officer will hv an easy time, while other tribes will always rub him the wrong way...my 2 cents

LMAO! This is ridiculous to read

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sege2016: 6:41am On Feb 17, 2016
Hello Guys ,

Thanks for the help so far we got all the docs need

Doc coresspondence
Budget sheet
Statement of acc bal was double what was on our budget sheet ,

We submitted through the DHL on monday 8th Feb , she was callled to come for another interview today.what could they want again this time what other tins do we need to go with ,

omodadi:

Thank God you were not even denied to reapply.
Did you just get to know this site today after your interview?
Nobody can get you doctors correspondence except you. You need to do some work. And for budget sheet, find sample as attachment here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 6:49am On Feb 17, 2016
Itissettled3:
Please don't use your first bank card in the US. I was just charged 355 per $. Words cannot explain how i feel at the moment. Never again!!!!

First bank ; giving the connotation/impression of what it means to be 1st a bad look & what's so annoying about their greed is that they are sitting on over 10b in dormant accounts & should be above desperation & shenanigans! ! undecided

Stanbic cards still remains the best rate converter @ 285!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 17, 2016
emeriem:

My dear, you wont believe i spent all day in Cotonuo today. Its even worse than Naija as their black market sold for N350.
I will continue my search in Lagos tomorrow, my flight is this weekend
cotonou all the way abeg you for kuku use that time to open standard chartered and request for pta from there go to stanbic and seat there they will answer you, sorry about the long journey to cotonou though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by scorror: 7:20am On Feb 17, 2016
modath:

First bank ; giving the connotation/impression of what it means to be 1st a bad look & what's so annoying about their greed is that they are sitting on over 10b in dormant accounts & should be above desperation & shenanigans! ! undecided

Stanbic cards still remains the best rate converter @ 285!!
Maybe I should go and open an account with Stanbic bank. GTB charged me @299 as I bought an item on Amazon after declining my payment in Naira option, I had to pay in USD for the transaction to sail through.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ronnie1984(f): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2016
Hello everyone. .am new here and have been trying to follow the thread from part one till this part. I also through this forum decided to use doctores para ti services. Pls I would like to meet mum's who will be due around April or may that are using this service to so we could connect and share ideas.
God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 9:36am On Feb 17, 2016
bigfido:

LMAO! This is ridiculous to read

Very ridiculous!

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (401)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.