Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,534 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529408 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 11:50am On May 30, 2016
You will know by friday or next week...
The queen is having her birthday and added to the democracy day and more also, the home office use standard mail so btw wednesday or friday you should hear from them..... Wish you all the best bruv...

So many things on the internet says when there is REF on subject and all that... But to be honest to me I dont believe but they could be right who am i to say there theory is wrong ; just my opinion.

Good luck..

harry41:
Hello House,
I got a msg on wednesday from the shelfield section that a decision has been made on my application and it will be sent to VI where I applied. I haven't been told yet to come for my docs. Y so long? The anxiety is killing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 11:56am On May 30, 2016
Congratulations.... Kindly post your time line .....to assist others...

https://www.nairaland.com/3041260/post-uk-visa-timeline-here

castiello:

thanks sir for your contribution they issued the visa but i could not meet up with the training due to logistic but i have been moved to the next class
hop to travel by july thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 12:24pm On May 30, 2016
tunderule2016:
You will know by friday or next week...
The queen is having her birthday and added to the democracy day and more also, the home office use standard mail so btw wednesday or friday you should hear from them..... Wish you all the best bruv...

So many things on the internet says when there is REF on subject and all that... But to be honest to me I dont believe but they could be right who am i to say there theory is wrong ; just my opinion.

Good luck..

Thanks for your response bro. I have read such comments too that when u have a ref no u have been issued a visa. I have such reference. However I trust God. I might go to their office on tues tho
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 12:26pm On May 30, 2016
askari01:

By wednesday you should hear from them. Hopefully.
Thanks for your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 12:27pm On May 30, 2016
nairacountry:
D hols probably. You should get a message tomorrow. If not, kindly approach. Congrats in advance.
I will. Thanks U always wlc sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 1:01pm On May 30, 2016
What visa did you apply for ?
You can not go tomorrow because the office is not opened. so dont waste your time and money... see link below

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/LGV/page.php?pid=public_holiday

[quote author=harry41 post=46107505][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 1:46pm On May 30, 2016
tunderule2016:
What visa did you apply for ?
You can not go tomorrow because the office is not opened. so dont waste your time and money... see link below

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/LGV/page.php?pid=public_holiday
Okay. I applied for a visitor's visa to attend my bro's graduation

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 2:06pm On May 30, 2016
@Justwise and My Other OGAs in the House...
i will be travelling to UK next week,
because of Exchange rate, to buy a pounds here is #490 to £1, can i just buy £350 so that i can hold it, when they ask me at POE so that i can show them and when i get to UK i can now use my Master Card to withdraw from ATM. i hope this will not affect my when they ask me how much do i hold? at POE...
kindly advise pls....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 2:21pm On May 30, 2016
lekansola:
because of Exchange rate, to buy a pounds here is #490 to £1, can i just buy £350 so that i can hold it, when they ask me at POE so that i can show them and when i get to UK i can now use my Master Card to withdraw from ATM. i hope this will not affect my when they ask me how much do i hold? at POE...
kindly advise pls....
Meehhnn this exchange rate issue is getting serious. Just heard banks will soon stop usage of Naija visa and mastercards abroad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 2:51pm On May 30, 2016
fizzile:
Meehhnn this exchange rate issue is getting serious. Just heard banks will soon stop usage of Naija visa and mastercards abroad

pls answer my Question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 3:36pm On May 30, 2016
Bruv... you are in 2016 , you do not need to hold cash....
I will tell you a funny scene that happened to me ...

After checking in my luggage's, went thru immigration which took forever and my blood dey hot... as i was dressing up back since we were asked to take off belt and co... i noticed some officers stopping ppl in front asking some questions...

SO walking down to my gate ... so they stopped me ... there were 3 stands, one spoke to me in a very nice way and i decided to give them something as they were polite... as i was leaving the third stand called me , i dont know who they were or whatsoever...

First thing he asked me is How much are u carrying , I said nothing, he was trying to talk too much i just told him one sentence... excuse me i am not required to carry cash and i showed him my ATMS (Barclays, GTB, ACCESS bank) and i told him i do not need to carry cash since my ATM are perfectly working ... so they changed there tone and say sir please find something for us and i said sorry i have no money and i left...

One thing i notice here is if they see you are first timer and they notice you do not know what u r saying they will take advantage of you so please speak like u know what u r saying... do not let them take advantage of you ... It is only in Nigeria airport you will be asked all this stupid questions...

Also be careful with this BALL boys( that is what i call them) they check your passport before you check-in your luggage.. this ones are just idiots excuse my french.... they act like they know something...most times i just give them my passport and ignore them and let them fool themselves... One time, i was traveling to South Africa and the guy said my visa was fake BLAH BLAH.... i said dude dont waste my time... to cut the long story short... he said most nigerians do not know how to defend their self ... and he was asking me for money ... I just ignored him... aside this two , you are fine...

You are going to face another experience so bruv... enjoy it.

lekansola:
kindly advise pls....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 3:46pm On May 30, 2016
tunderule2016:
Bruv... you are in 2016 , you do not need to hold cash....
I will tell you a funny scene that happened to me ...

After checking in my luggage's, went thru immigration which took forever and my blood dey hot... as i was dressing up back since we were asked to take off belt and co... i noticed some officers stopping ppl in front asking some questions...

SO walking down to my gate ... so they stopped me ... there were 3 stands, one spoke to me in a very nice way and i decided to give them something as they were polite... as i was leaving the third stand called me , i dont know who they were or whatsoever...

First thing he asked me is How much are u carrying , I said nothing, he was trying to talk too much i just told him one sentence... excuse me i am not required to carry cash and i showed him my ATMS (Barclays, GTB, ACCESS bank) and i told him i do not need to carry cash since my ATM are perfectly working ... so they changed there tone and say sir please find something for us and i said sorry i have no money and i left...

One thing i notice here is if they see you are first timer and they notice you do not know what u r saying they will take advantage of you so please speak like u know what u r saying... do not let them take advantage of you ... It is only in Nigeria airport you will be asked all this stupid questions...

Also be careful with this BALL boys( that is what i call them) they check your passport before you check-in your luggage.. this ones are just idiots excuse my french.... they act like they know something...most times i just give them my passport and ignore them and let them fool themselves... One time, i was traveling to South Africa and the guy said my visa was fake BLAH BLAH.... i said dude dont waste my time... to cut the long story short... he said most nigerians do not know how to defend their self ... and he was asking me for money ... I just ignored him... aside this two , you are fine...

You are going to face another experience so bruv... enjoy it.

Bro, thats not what he is talking about. I think he means some money he could use immediately he gets to UK. Probably to pay maybe a taxi or to buy somethings urgently...not necessarily to give out to "Ball boys".

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 4:43pm On May 30, 2016
well here is what he asked to buy a pounds here is #490 to £1, can i just buy £350 so that i can hold it, when they ask me at POE so that i can show them and when i get to UK i can now use my Master Card to withdraw from ATM. i hope this will not affect my when they ask me how much do i hold? at POE..

Yes that is why i said he should use is ATM..... Naija Debit Card can be used to withdraw pounds... cos at point of entry in uk they do not ask the question... One only need to declare when carryng over 10k$

just giving him some jara to guide him..capisce!!!wink

fizzile:
Bro, thats not what he is talking about. I think he means some money he could use immediately he gets to UK. Probably to pay maybe a taxi or to buy somethings urgently...not necessarily to give out to "Ball boys".

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 6:43pm On May 30, 2016
lekansola:
kindly advise pls....

£350 is more than enough self. grin just hold few #200mint notes for the hungry guys in naija airport (if you wish to be guy man) and hold little pounds, in your pocket oh not your check-in luggage, wich will be enough for layover snacks, transport from LHR to your hotel then frequently use your MasterCard for all other expenses while in the UK. Caveat; you can spend more than $300(or £ equivalent) per day!

By the way, which airline tickets & at Wat price as at Wen did you book?
Bon voyage

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 7:21pm On May 30, 2016
nairacountry:

£350 is more than enough self. grin just hold few #200mint notes for the hungry guys in naija airport (if you wish to be guy man) and hold little pounds, in your pocket oh not your check-in luggage, wich will be enough for layover snacks, transport from LHR to your hotel then frequently use your MasterCard for all other expenses while in the UK. Caveat; you can spend more than $300(or £ equivalent) per day!

Bon voyage

PLEASE NOTE: Diamond bank stopped usage of Naira debit card with immediate effect sometime last week, Standard Chartered will stop 1st June and Stanbic IBTC has reduced daily limit to $100 so PLEASE check with your bank before you travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2016
iblaw:

PLEASE NOTE: Diamond bank stopped usage of Naira debit card with immediate effect sometime last week, Standard Chartered will stop 1st June and Stanbic IBTC has reduced daily limit to $100 so PLEASE check with your bank before you travel
Please rephrase the statement. Diamond bank stopped usage of debit card abroad long ago. But how do these people want Nigerians abroad to cope? This is getting serious ooo. Whats d solution or alternative?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chucksbadt(m): 9:22pm On May 30, 2016
I hear that....... School accommodations in UK are expensive, but it's possible to pay for it via Form A(which is the official rate) . Staying off camp is cheaper but no access to form A, which means an exchange rate of N420 to 1 pound.

So on the nut shell, which is a better option?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dayosaba: 10:14pm On May 30, 2016
dave07:
Thank you sir, will look into it, am not just a fan of seating long in airports in the name of connecting flight.
I also saw Medview now runs a direct flight to LGW airport. Anybody's got any experience on this route?
@justwise, you are sure doing a good job on this forum though I hate to admit you let the pressure get to you at times, but you still remain one of the more rational mods on NL, just try and understand imperialebony &phardy view points. Even in the most perfect human system, imperferctions can still be spotted and this include the UK system. Furthermore both of you (justwise and imperialebony) are providing good counsels on this page, pls let there be no bad blood biko.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7umCJcVELs
recent medview flight review.
hope it helps

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 3:47am On May 31, 2016
Hello my people. I was denied visitor visa, Nov 2015 on the account of low balance. Now I wish to reapply in October but my financial situation vis a vis my salary has still not improved significantly. I work with a state govt where I earn about 150k but being owed 6months salary. My question now is can I introduce other sources of income into the application when next am applying? Those sources include a partnership business with a friend and money from my wife as she's also a civil servant with FG earning almost the same amount as mine. Secondly in case my arrears of salary is paid, hope it won't amount to cash lodgement? and finally I wrongly filled No under the question that asked whether I have dependents in the previous application whereas I have a 9month old baby. If I include it in my next application, hope it won't have a negative effect on my application?

Thanks as I await your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 5:28am On May 31, 2016
nairacountry:

Bon voyage

Thanks for your Response,
i wish to fly Medview airline...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2016
lekansola:

Thanks for your Response,
i wish to fly Medview airline...

Really! You should have paid for your flight earlier coz it will be dear by now. Do book asap b4 it skyrocket Ò.
Happy holiday

A quick search on medview shows you will pay around 260k for round trip shocked as against average of 120k as of March undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Biobobs: 9:26am On May 31, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
Congrats.I don't think you should worry about where to stay. Cancel your hotel reservation if you decide not to stay there and collect your money, unless its non refundable, then you can stay for a night or 2 at the hotel before going to your aunt's. Since you said you have an aunt in the UK, you can put down her address at the port of entry.
Thanks 4 d reply!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Biobobs: 9:28am On May 31, 2016
[quote author=tunderule2016 post=46102418]Please ... dont tell them at port of entry u r going to your AUNTY OOO because i do know now at UK boarder they see everything you submitted at homeoffice... during your visa application
so if they ask u even at port of entry u go confirm everything u submitted on form.... so still leave your hotel things...abeg

Most hotel do not charge you until u r there ... then when u r in then u can cancel...online...

NOTE; if hotel has charged you , then when u r in call the hotel and let them know there is a little problem with your plan (extenuating circumstances) ; they might not pay u full money back but at least you will get some ...

Appreciate the response!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anikkyshaya: 11:55am On May 31, 2016
Hello my people, please kindly help me with dis questions. Am living in Uk with my family but i want to invite my sister to come and visit me because is been 10 years we have seen last and use that opportunity to do her wedding shopping. She's working with the salary of 120,000 Naira, she has 1 million in her account, she's been working 8 months now, Am sponsoring all her travels dis include ( accommodation, flight, food, visa fees e.t.c ) all money she need is for are shopping. I know all d nesseary documents I will provide for example( invitation letter, payslip, bank statement, tenant agreement, passport data, e.t.c)

Sorry is very long am just trying to cover all d areas of d questions you may been asking me.

My question is that : WHAT ARE D SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MY SISTER WILL NEED TO SUPPORT WITH MINE.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 1:05pm On May 31, 2016
anikkyshaya:
Hello my people,
My question is that : WHAT ARE D SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MY SISTER WILL NEED TO SUPPORT WITH MINE.
Thanks in advance

The usual big thing.
Strong proof that she will return home.
So look for letter from her employer stating that she will return to her job on such and such date.
Any property.
Any other proof she has.

Although you are paying, her stable and healthy bank account help. I gives something to return to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 1:25pm On May 31, 2016
if you intend to sponsor, then she just need to get document that shows strong ties with Nigeria e.g properties, work documents , assets, shares documents, landed properties, family, marriage..

My personal opinion, will be she should sponsor herself.... but you should support with accommodation... since she has funds in her account...
She can also include the wedding ceremony documents... like invitation cards... etc..

anikkyshaya:
Hello my people, please kindly help me with dis questions. Am living in Uk with my family but i want to invite my sister to come and visit me because is been 10 years we have seen last and use that opportunity to do her wedding shopping. She's working with the salary of 120,000 Naira, she has 1 million in her account, she's been working 8 months now, Am sponsoring all her travels dis include ( accommodation, flight, food, visa fees e.t.c ) all money she need is for are shopping. I know all d nesseary documents I will provide for example( invitation letter, payslip, bank statement, tenant agreement, passport data, e.t.c)

Sorry is very long am just trying to cover all d areas of d questions you may been asking me.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anikkyshaya: 3:14pm On May 31, 2016
tunderule2016:
if you intend to sponsor, then she just need to get document that shows strong ties with Nigeria e.g properties, work documents , assets, shares documents, landed properties, family, marriage..

My personal opinion, will be she should sponsor herself.... but you should support with accommodation... since she has funds in her account...
She can also include the wedding ceremony documents... like invitation cards... etc..

Thanks very much, I understand that she can sponsor herself but with the rate of money now 1 million is just 2000 pounds now, but I would still like to sponsor her because after d visiting she can have something to fall back on. The only thing she got is landed property but I don't know which of d documents she should take out of it all . Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anikkyshaya: 3:26pm On May 31, 2016
worry359:

The usual big thing.
Strong proof that she will return home.
So look for letter from her employer stating that she will return to her job on such and such date.
Any property.
Any other proof she has.

Although you are paying, her stable and healthy bank account help. I gives something to return to.

Thanks sir, definitely d employer is going to give her leave letter states start date and returning to work from d leave, as have said b4 that d only asset she has is landed property. Is that enough? If not what other things she can get now apart from d ones u mention as I want to put in for her in August. Thanks once again sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pisca: 3:39pm On May 31, 2016
Goodday house, pls @justwise, i am a bit confused about the tourist visa form to fill. Once i get to this homepage https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome
should i click on "apply here" link that will take me to this site https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa

or i should click on "register an account" button
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 3:50pm On May 31, 2016
anikkyshaya:

Thanks sir, definitely d employer is going to give her leave letter states start date and returning to work from d leave, as have said b4 that d only asset she has is landed property. Is that enough? If not what other things she can get now apart from d ones u mention as I want to put in for her in August. Thanks once again sir.

A 120k paying job, balance of 1m in acct, wedding around the corner etc give your sister a sound tie to naija. She stands a good chance
As Tunderule said, include her wedding iv, intro pics, leave letter from coy, ALL necessary docs from you as earlier stated etc.
Finally, post wat her budget looks like here for people input.
Best wishes to her and a HML in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cydophobia(m): 4:53pm On May 31, 2016
Hi Guys I want to travel to Uk to attend conference. Pls what kind of visa am I applying for?
Is it visit or tourist visa?
cc:Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anikkyshaya: 5:27pm On May 31, 2016
nairacountry:

A 120k paying job, balance of 1m in acct, wedding around the corner etc give your sister a sound tie to naija. She stands a good chance
As Tunderule said, include her wedding iv, intro pics, leave letter from coy, ALL necessary docs from you as earlier stated etc.
Finally, post wat her budget looks like here for people input.
Best wishes to her and a HML in advance

Sorry I don't understand what u mean by her budget . Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.