Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526022 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
adetorosey:
Hello, My sister in law has just been refused a family visit visa to visit my family in the Uk, Myself and my wife are settled in the UK. The problem is the reason they gave for refusal is totally different from our circumstances. They talked about her visiting her twin brother which is not true. This mix up is crazy and i do not know what to do. Hope you can help, Thank you.
Get an immigration lawyer in UK to write them there was an error of judgment,and i can tell you your inlaw will have her case review and granted her visa....Don't bungle her chances by doing things yourself.you have a solid and genuine case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
adetorosey:
Hello, My sister in law has just been refused a family visit visa to visit my family in the Uk, Myself and my wife are settled in the UK. The problem is the reason they gave for refusal is totally different from our circumstances. They talked about her visiting her twin brother which is not true. This mix up is crazy and i do not know what to do. Hope you can help, Thank you.

Same thing happened to me in 2014.

My first application was refused cause of cash deposit so i reapplied with evidence/purpose of deposit, second application was also a refusal but all the details on the refusal letter including DOB were wrong. I sent a mail to Sheffield and after three weeks got a reply that there is nothing wrong with the refusal letter sent to me. I WAS MAD and lost interest that was September 2014.

4th January 2015 i was speaking to someone in Uk and told him what happened with my application and that i might apply again in March but he advised me to keep sending them mails that an error has been made in my info otherwise future application will be refused.

Reluctantly 6th January 2015 i sent another DETAILED MAIL indicating all the errors and with scanned documents as prove, within two days 8th January i got a reply from Entry Clearance Manager with lots of apology saying their system states visa was issued to me, i was asked to take my passport to BDHC Lagos for my visa. Next day i went to DBHC Lagos with a copy of the mail from Sheffield and after waiting for about 2 hours my passport was returned to me with visa.

So send them a detailed mail highlighting the error and scan documents as prove and you might get a positive response otherwise reapply and states errors

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
adetorosey:

You need to contact the embassy immediately to explain that mixed up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2016
Solatium:
Get an immigration lawyer in UK to write them there was an error of judgment,and i can tell you your inlaw will have her case review and granted her visa....Don't bungle her chances by doing things yourself.you have a solid and genuine case

Absolutely no need for immigration lawyer, waste of money in my opinion. A simple letter by the op is all that is needed here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2016
mcluy:
Hello Justwise and co.. my last two visa applications were denied late last year and February this year on account of the source of my income being questionable. I resigned from my workplace afterwards and got a new job in March and I earn 150k monthly- my monthly expenses is 20k. I plan to re-apply cos I need to write an exam(wanna stay for 4 days). I will like to know if I can re-apply now or I need to still chill. Thanks for the anticipated response.

How much were you earning in your previous job when you made the first application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segee77: 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
I was refused visa January 2012, based on error in my statement of account but I want to apply now again with valid statement of account I was not ban then, I try and send the refusal letter. Please oga just wise I want to hear from you. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segee77: 11:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
I was refused visa January 2012, based on error in my statement of account but I want to apply now again with valid statement of account I was not ban then, I will try and send the refusal letter. Please oga just wise I want to hear from you. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mcluy(m): 4:27am On Sep 06, 2016
justwise:

How much were you earning in your previous job when you made the first application?
Well.. the same amount but the difference is that my new job offered me an apartment (consequently my monthly expenses reduced) and they pay via cheques.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by favour0011: 6:49am On Sep 06, 2016
Am trying to book medview now but a need a small clarification. What's the difference between full economy, flexi economy and discounted economy?
Solatium:

i will choose Medview over Arik anyday,though Medview goes through Gatwick and Arik to Heathrow,your destination will determine your choice of airport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by favour0011: 8:11am On Sep 06, 2016
Am trying to book medview now but a need a small clarification. What's the difference between full economy, flexi economy and discounted economy?
Lexusgs430:

Medview is better. But your destination is LGW
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lexusgs430: 8:16am On Sep 06, 2016
favour0011:

I honestly don't know the difference. But going by the names, I would assume the full economy (any changes would attract a fee), flexi economy (changes allowable) & discounted economy (if flight booked 5 weeks before departure, a discount is applicable).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Georgiedey(m): 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
Great job your doing here.i would head straight to the point i was issued a 6 months visa in April 2016.i traveled that same month and used 2 months and a week. I applied to attend my sisters burial so i got invite and other documents from my brother who is also resident in the uk,my sister death certificate and burial estimates and plans from the funeral company.
i am married with kids and work in the family business i do not earn much and my account wasn't very busy although i heard a balance of around 400,000 when i applied.
Now my visa would expire mid October I heard intended traveling to see my sisters kids sometime these month so i was advised to extend the visa by reapplying since my visa expiry date is close and so i don't encounter issues at the point of entry,
please is it possible i reapply on a valid visa?
Should i have any cause to worry?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adetorosey(m): 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
@Solatium

please help with the email address to contact them on.

iblaw:

Same thing happened to me in 2014.

My first application was refused cause of cash deposit so i reapplied with evidence/purpose of deposit, second application was also a refusal but all the details on the refusal letter including DOB were wrong. I sent a mail to Sheffield and after three weeks got a reply that there is nothing wrong with the refusal letter sent to me. I WAS MAD and lost interest that was September 2014.

4th January 2015 i was speaking to someone in Uk and told him what happened with my application and that i might apply again in March but he advised me to keep sending them mails that an error has been made in my info otherwise future application will be refused.

Reluctantly 6th January 2015 i sent another DETAILED MAIL indicating all the errors and with scanned documents as prove, within two days 8th January i got a reply from Entry Clearance Manager with lots of apology saying their system states visa was issued to me, i was asked to take my passport to BDHC Lagos for my visa. Next day i went to DBHC Lagos with a copy of the mail from Sheffield and after waiting for about 2 hours my passport was returned to me with visa.

So send them a detailed mail highlighting the error and scan documents as prove and you might get a positive response otherwise reapply and states errors
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segee77: 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
segee77:
I was refused visa January 2012, based on error in my statement of account but I want to apply now again with valid statement of account I was not ban then, I will try and send the refusal letter. Please oga just wise I want to hear from you. Thanks
please just wise I need your advice on this. Y
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lalaska(m): 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
Submitted documents for me and my family today, hoping for the very best

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
segee77:
I was refused visa January 2012, based on error in my statement of account but I want to apply now again with valid statement of account I was not ban then, I try and send the refusal letter. Please oga just wise I want to hear from you. Thanks

What error was that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
mcluy:

Well.. the same amount but the difference is that my new job offered me an apartment (consequently my monthly expenses reduced) and they pay via cheques.

You really have to address the reason for the initial refusal since you are still earning the same amount as before.

You also need to calculate how much the 4days trip will cost you considering the crazy exchange rate. Use oanada exchange rate for you conversion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segee77: 10:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
justwise:

What error was that?
Thank oga just wise, I used forged statement of account but all other documents are okay, I wasn't ban but give a last warning but now I have 1.4m in my account now, I just want to know if I can give it a try now. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:20am On Sep 07, 2016
segee77:
Thank oga just wise, I used forged statement of account but all other documents are okay, I wasn't ban but give a last warning but now I have 1.4m in my account now, I just want to know if I can give it a try now. Thanks

You need to read the wording of that refusal carefully and the immigration paragraph under which you were refused because the British embassy will not state categorically that you have been banned. You hardly see 'banned' written anywhere in your refusal letter, very rare but the wording and the immigration rule paragraph will be used.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 8:14am On Sep 07, 2016
segee77:

As Justwise says.
Can you quote the exact refusal reason code given.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segee77: 10:15am On Sep 07, 2016
justwise:

You need to read the wording of that refusal carefully and the immigration paragraph under which you were refused because the British embassy will not state categorically that you have been banned. You hardly see 'banned' written anywhere in your refusal letter, very rare but the wording and the immigration rule paragraph will be used.
You should note that because this application for entry clearance has been refused under paragraph 320 (7a)of the immigration rules, any future application may also be refused under paragraph 320 (7b) of the immigration rules, (subject to the requirements set out in paragraph 320 (7c).
A refusal under paragraph 320 (7b) of the immigration rules attracts an automatic refusal period of up to 10 years. The period starts from the date of the previous events in which the deception or submission of falsified documents or information was employed.
I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of relevant paragraph of United Kingdom immigration rules.
Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c)of the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002(www.lehislation.hov.uk).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
segee77:
You should note that because this application for entry clearance has been refused under paragraph 320 (7a)of the immigration rules, any future application may also be refused under paragraph 320 (7b) of the immigration rules, (subject to the requirements set out in paragraph 320 (7c).
A refusal under paragraph 320 (7b) of the immigration rules attracts an automatic refusal period of up to 10 years. The period starts from the date of the previous events in which the deception or submission of falsified documents or information was employed.
I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of relevant paragraph of United Kingdom immigration rules.
Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c)of the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002(www.lehislation.hov.uk).

Sorry but very bad news.
You have been banned for ten years (see red)
You can not appeal is basicly what blue means.

With this unfortunately you should forget the UK (and probably USA.) now.
Try other countries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
segee77:

That is 10yrs ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adetorosey(m): 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
@justwise and other guys on this forum,

Please refer to my post below:

Hello, My sister in law has just been refused a family visit visa to visit my family in the Uk, Myself and my wife are settled in the UK. The problem is the reason they gave for refusal is totally different from our circumstances. They talked about her visiting her twin brother which is not true. This mix up is crazy and I do not know what to do. Hope you can help, Thank you.

Update:
I have just been updated that her passport has no stamp whatsoever for refusal. This kind of re-affirm the speculation we had that there was mix up in dealing with her case.

Next step:
I have tried calling a number (+23414406203) which charges £1.37 per min. They could provide any solution to the problem. They were more interested in keeping me on the phone for long.
Her refusal letter said she is not entitled to administrative review or appeal. Someone in the house please help with an email to contact them to have a second look at the matter.

@iblaw,
please help me with the email you used to contact them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
adetorosey:
@justwise and other guys on this forum,

Please refer to my post below:

Hello, My sister in law has just been refused a family visit visa to visit my family in the Uk, Myself and my wife are settled in the UK. The problem is the reason they gave for refusal is totally different from our circumstances. They talked about her visiting her twin brother which is not true. This mix up is crazy and I do not know what to do. Hope you can help, Thank you.

Update:
I have just been updated that her passport has no stamp whatsoever for refusal. This kind of re-affirm the speculation we had that there was mix up in dealing with her case.

Next step:
I have tried calling a number (+23414406203) which charges £1.37 per min. They could provide any solution to the problem. They were more interested in keeping me on the phone for long.
Her refusal letter said she is not entitled to administrative review or appeal. Someone in the house please help with an email to contact them to have a second look at the matter.

@iblaw,
please help me with the email you used to contact them.

VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adetorosey(m): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
@iblaw,
I appreciate. I will update the house as soon as something comes up.

Cheers!!

iblaw:

VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segee77: 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2016
worry359:

Sorry but very bad news. You have been banned for ten years (see red) You can not appeal is basicly what blue means.
With this unfortunately you should forget the UK (and probably USA.) now. Try other countries.
Which other countries can i try. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
PLS HOUSE I WANT TO APPLY FOR UK WORKING VISA.... will £1400 be enough for me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lexusgs430: 11:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
Surdycole2:

NO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:45am On Sep 08, 2016
Surdycole2:

You can not apply for a UK working visa unless you already have a job in the UK.
It must be skilled work, not an offer of truck pushing from a friend.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Idrissam: 7:54am On Sep 08, 2016
Please I need your advise.

My sister and her 2 children wants to travel to the uk for a visit/tourism.

I live in the uk and happy to provide a letter and proof of address to confirm that I will be accommodating the. During their stay. Can I check that's enough . I want to include my council tax bill, letter and proof of ILR

Her husband will be fully sponsoring the trip. He has a business registered in Nigeria . But he won't be travelling with them. My sister is more like a house wife now as she is looking after their young children. But I gather her name is on the company registration as deputy director.

My question is what docs they need to submit please
Your advice will be highly appreciated . Please let me know if you have any questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 3:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
adetorosey:
@Solatium

please help with the email address to contact them on.

There should be a general enquiries mail address and a contact number on the web page of UK border agency or home office or British high commission,just start from any of these and they will point you the right department to channel your complain

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.