Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1533168 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gracykay: 8:46am On May 27, 2017
Oga justwise and the entire house, thanks for the information I have gotten so far. If I had known this was how this platform works, I would have consulted you all first before applying. But all things works together for good. Thanks once more all.

My worry and question is can I reapply immediately because i want to do so or should I wait? If am to wait, when next am I to reapply- 2,3, or even in 6months time?

Is there any specific amount I should have in my savings account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:02am On May 27, 2017
gracykay:
justwise

You submitted everything from your sponsor but failed to submit documents from your own end to support your tier to Nigeria, that is what the ECO pointed out in that refusal letter, since you are a full time student you needed to submit your school documents like your admission, last results, school fees receipts, course time table and letter from your school.

Thanks for pointing those out. So if I get all those documents ready, can I reapply immediately or give it a space of 6months. Oga justwise, in summary when can I reapply?

1.When was the last time he visited you in Nigeria?

2. Any exchange of gifts? Cash or material gifs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gracykay: 9:09am On May 27, 2017
justwise post

2. Any exchange of gifts? Cash or material gifts

He visited me last Christmas 2016 and left January 17th 2017.

Yes there has been exchange of material gifts and cash.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 11:12am On May 27, 2017
[quote author=ancestorial post=56915746][/quote]
Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 11:12am On May 27, 2017
[quote author=ancestorial post=56915746][/quote]
Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gracykay: 12:46pm On May 27, 2017
Justwise, in reply to your question, he visited last Christmas and left 17th January, 2017. And yes, there has been exchange of gifts and cash.
And please while addressing the above, when is most suitable to reapply, can i reapply next month after gathering all the extra documents you all have pointed out? like how much should I have in my savings account?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:03pm On May 27, 2017
gracykay:
Justwise, in reply to your question, he visited last Christmas and left 17th January, 2017. And yes, there has been exchange of gifts and cash.
And please while addressing the above, when is most suitable to reapply, can i reapply next month after gathering all the extra documents you all have pointed out? like how much should I have in my savings account?
Thanks.

You can reapply ASAP. Since someone else is sponsoring the trip. The N700K you have in your account is okay. Just provide more documentation of your master programme and current job.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Batba1: 2:21pm On May 27, 2017
justwise:

Submitting the old account with history of transactions and source of that money would have been better.

Okay thank you! I will include the statements from the individual accounts as well. How many months statement will be enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Batba1: 2:26pm On May 27, 2017
justwise:

Submitting the old account with history of transactions and source of that money would have been better.

please what other documents do I need to add to the application for her

justwise:

Your question is similar to Ezinkem.

Provide document to proof relationship, accommodation available for her, financial capability and explain what she will be doing.

@justwise and other gurus on here.

Same applies to me inviting my mum 63 years old retiree. Me and my partner just opened a new joint account few weeks ago. All the money we saved for her trip is in the new joint account. Partner (British) works full time and I am self employed (Just registered). We plan to write a joint invitation letter for her.

First question is would it be enough if we just print the statement (less than a month statement to show the money saved up for her trip) or we need a 6month bank statement (in which case we wont be able to use the joint account)?

Second question is do we need to include our employment details?

Third question [/b]is do we need any other documents apart from these:
-Her passport
-Our passports
-Joint Invitation letter
-Joint account statement showing the money saved for her trip (less than 1 month statement)
-Letter from the occupant of the house shel be living in (8 mins drive from our house) for the duration of her visit stating she can stay stay there for the duration (We have a one bedroom apartment now but currently looking for a two bedroom apartment as we are expecting and we think it might not be ideal for her application).

[b]PLEASE NOTE:

-She has been here before in 2012 for 1 month holiday.
-It's stated on gov.uk not to include pictures, council tax or utility bills of apartment.

Thanks in advance!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:43pm On May 27, 2017
gracykay:
Thanks.

You can reapply anytime you have those materials available
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:43pm On May 27, 2017
Batba1:

Okay thank you! I will include the statements from the individual accounts as well. How many months statement will be enough?

6months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On May 27, 2017
Batba1:

please what other documents do I need to add to the application for her

@justwise and other gurus on here.

Same applies to me inviting my mum 63 years old retiree. Me and my partner just opened a new joint account few weeks ago. All the money we saved for her trip is in the new joint account. Partner (British) works full time and I am self employed (Just registered). We plan to write a joint invitation letter for her.

First question is would it be enough if we just print the statement (less than a month statement to show the money saved up for her trip) or we need a 6month bank statement (in which case we wont be able to use the joint account)?

Second question is do we need to include our employment details?

Third question [/b]is do we need any other documents apart from these:
-Her passport
-Our passports
-Joint Invitation letter
-Joint account statement showing the money saved for her trip (less than 1 month statement)
-Letter from the occupant of the house shel be living in (8 mins drive from our house) for the duration of her visit stating she can stay stay there for the duration (We have a one bedroom apartment now but currently looking for a two bedroom apartment as we are expecting and we think it might not be ideal for her application).

[b]PLEASE NOTE:

-She has been here before in 2012 for 1 month holiday.
-It's stated on gov.uk not to include pictures, council tax or utility bills of apartment.

Thanks in advance!

You need to include 6months payslips to support the source of the money you are presenting.

Can you give me a link where it stated that one should not include pictures, council tax or utility bills of apartment? Never come across such before

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Batba1: 6:55pm On May 27, 2017
justwise:

You need to include 6months payslips to support the source of the money you are presenting.

Can you give me a link where it stated that one should not include pictures, council tax or utility bills of apartment? Never come across such before

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:44pm On May 27, 2017
@Batba1

That was under transit visa application and not visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geek(m): 8:17pm On May 27, 2017
justwise:
@Batba1

That was under transit visa application and not visiting visa

Doesn't seem so, Justwise:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549692/Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:43pm On May 27, 2017
geek:

Doesn't seem so, Justwise:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549692/Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf

Can you point out specifically where it says one should not submit utility bills and council tax documents under visiting visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geek(m): 9:06pm On May 27, 2017
justwise:

Can you point out specifically where it says one should not submit utility bills and council tax documents under visiting visa application?

It's an interpretation - and I'm not attacking you Justwise.

Section 1 of the document covers all documents you must attach to all applications.
Section 2 covers extra documents that you can use to support a visit visa.
Section 3 covers specific documents for specific visa types.
Section 4 (where this is) is actually separate from Transit Visa (which is the last section of Section 3) and covers the documents that you should not send. There isn't any language in Section 4 to suggest the section excludes the Standard visitor visa.

Utility and council tax bills are specifically mentioned in section 4.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:17pm On May 27, 2017
geek:

It's an interpretation - and I'm not attacking you Justwise.

Section 1 of the document covers all documents you must attach to all applications.
Section 2 covers extra documents that you can use to support a visit visa.
Section 3 covers specific documents for specific visa types.
Section 4 (where this is) is actually separate from Transit Visa (which is the last section of Section 3) and covers the documents that you should not send. There isn't any language in Section 4 to suggest the section excludes the Standard visitor visa.

Utility and council tax bills are specifically mentioned in section 4.

How did that come about?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geek(m): 9:30pm On May 27, 2017
justwise:

How did that come about?

Huh? It was my acknowledgment that mine was an interpretation and I'm not going gung ho into it like others do on this forum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:54pm On May 27, 2017
geek:

Huh? It was my acknowledgment that mine was an interpretation and I'm not going gung ho into it like others do on this forum.

Ok i get that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Batba1: 12:02pm On May 28, 2017
justwise:

Ok i get that.

Yes @justwise thanks for your response. Like the previous commenter mentioned, there are different sections with list of supporting documents. Section 4 is still for visit visa. Plus I don't see a reason why transit visitors might want to add sponsor's utility bill to their application in the first place.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sleepyeyez(m): 9:56am On May 29, 2017
justwise:

2. Any exchange of gifts? Cash or material gifs?

Morning Bawse.

Small Favour

Pls Does Anyone Know How Much It Would Cost Me In Naira To pay For Uk Priority Visa(not Super Priority O). I Want To have The Process Fast Tracked.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sleepyeyez(m): 10:53am On May 29, 2017
sleepyeyez:

Morning Bawse.

Small Favour

Pls Does Anyone Know How Much It Would Cost Me In Naira To pay For Uk Priority Visa(not Super Priority O). I Want To have The Process Fast Tracked.

Thanks

One last thing. pls
I'd also like to know if it would be cool to use the priority service if i have been refused leave to enter the UK b4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by filcast(m): 1:00pm On May 29, 2017
hello house,
I desire to visit the UK and need your advise on how to have successful visa application.
I am married with 3 kids, working with a nationally recognized firm and earn up to N200K monthly.

Also, I was denied both UK and US visa sometime around 2002/2003. Is there a way to find out why I was denied and how it affects my chances this time.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojolaayeni: 1:13pm On May 29, 2017
Please educate me on how I can apply for UK visit visa renewal, in which am applying with my child. would I fill a separate from for her, cos I want to apply for 5 years and my child hasn't visited before
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by saiprojects(f): 10:30am On May 30, 2017
Hey guys, I totally forgot I posted here lol; here;s majority of the contents of the refusal.. I don't have the letter to hand but here's what my sister inlaw screen munched to me, basically everything..

I have refused your application fr visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph V4.2 because:-

You state that you will be visiting your daughter in law. You state that you are supported by family and that your son & DIL will help fund your trip. You were refused a visa on 5th June 2015 [that was her 2nd application)

-You have applied to visit the UK for 21 days, I acknowledge the importance of family visits in maintaining family ties and I have therefore given your application careful consideration. I do not doubt that your sponsor in the UK may well be a credible witness but I am mindful that your sponsor cannot guarantee intentions now that any undertakings or guarantees are not enforceable.

-you state in your application that you have savings of £278, you have not provided evidence of these funds as part of your application. I am therefore not satisfied that you have accurately demonstrated your own circumstances in Nigeria. Additionally you have provided no details of your relationship with your daughter in law outside your visa applications. I am therefore satisfied that you have not addressed the concerns of the previous Entry Clearance officer."

-In light of all the above, I am not satisfied as to your intentions in wishing to travel to the United Kingdom and will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Furthermore I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds. Your application for a visit visa has been refused under Paragraph V4.2~

This is all the contents of the letter

harry41:
I'm yet to hear from them since 18th April and they haven't responded to my mails either. My travel date has passed and I hope it won't affect my application. Also I visited the hospital during my last stay which I stated in my application. I paid all my bills so I wonder if that's the delay?
Pls I need a response

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BossNation(m): 1:54pm On May 30, 2017
Hello Nlanders, I won't wanna bore you all with stories so lemme just go straight to the point.Am ayo by name and am gonna be 17 byJune next month. My dad was born and bred in Nigeria and has been in UK for the past 20 years or so. and he is now a British citizen.well I happen to be born in Nigeria and am currently in 200level in a university here in nigeria and a patriotic citizen.I love my country.But I decided the last time my dad cameto Nigeria that I wanna leave Nigeria so we both went to the consulate office in cms and we were told that I need to go for tuberculosis test and English test.I happen to be the intelligent type so mydad was like I should try and sort myselfout as regards applying for the visa.I paid 47,500 for the tuberculosis test last week and I did the test yesterday at Issac John street Ikeja and am planning to pay for the English test next week.Dear Nlanders After concluding the test I don't know the needed documents again to conjoin so as not to be refused visa and I also wanna know how long itsgonna take before it can be approved.as well as detailed steps to take cos am a novice to this.Thanks in anticipating your responseGod bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jaypee2017: 2:05pm On May 30, 2017
Please, I made a Tier 4 dependent application to join my spouse at Ikeja which was refused because I didn't do a TB test. I reapplied at VI, Lagos and submitted my application wednessday and included the TB result. The result of the TB result shows am pregnant, will that be a problem? secondly, applications made in VI, are they determined in Nigeria? and finally, I have not received an email to say my application has been received or sent to the UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:46pm On May 30, 2017
This is why I really do love the UK peeps though, you could see and make amends from their refusal letter if carefully observed.... Take dressing!!! I may be wrong in all my thoughts below though.

saiprojects:
Hey guys,

-You have applied to visit the UK for 21 days, I acknowledge the importance of family visits in maintaining family ties and I have therefore given your application careful consideration. I do not doubt that your sponsor in the UK may well be a credible witness but I am mindful that your sponsor cannot guarantee intentions now that any undertakings or guarantees are not enforceable.

Either a cover/guarantor's letter (note) from the host was not written and added or the one added wasn't weighty enough to assuage nor allay the concerns/fears raised

-you state in your application that you have savings of £278, you have not provided evidence of these funds as part of your application. I am therefore not satisfied that you have accurately demonstrated your own circumstances in Nigeria.

Applicants personal bank statement reflecting the figure claimed to be true should have sufficed here

Additionally you have provided no details of your relationship with your daughter in law outside your visa applications. I am therefore satisfied that you have not addressed the concerns of the previous Entry Clearance officer."

To establish a relationship in the mind's eye of the officer; son's birth certificate, even DIL's own too, their marriage certificate, pictures of applicant with son, DIL, etc should have been helpful methinks. Just anything to establish this relationship more firmly

This is all the contents of the letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by saiprojects(f): 3:06pm On May 30, 2017
I see what you mean but a cover letter was defo included; we should have put pictures, BC etc like you said.. well lessons learnt now, will probably try again even though there was something like a 10 year clause on the letter, which is basically if applied again, it might or might not be granted! We shall see....
OmoBendel24:
This is why I really do love the UK peeps though, you could see and make amends from their refusal letter if carefully observed.... Take dressing!!! I may be wrong in all my thoughts below though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.