Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1538172 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aatiikoo: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2017
nicebaba:

@Aatiikoo which reference number did you use on this website? cause it is not accepting my GWF********* application number. It comes back with The reference number GWF******** has not been recognised.

It's the GWF****,the message you got shows decision is yet to be made. Keep checking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AMA2301(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
@Atatiikoo please am new here and need some clearification. Can I apply for a UK tourist visa using my brother who is base in Australia pay slip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2017
Bobbieydeey:
Hey guys, what's the best transit flight to take from Lagos to Heathrow?

Best in term of what?
Cost - EGYPTAIR/ETHIOPIAN with a night stop in Cairo/Addis. Free accommodation and feeding
Flight time: KLM/Airfrance, Lufthansa.
Want to see the near east, take Emirate or Ethad airways.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
Bobbieydeey:
Hey guys, what's the best transit flight to take from Lagos to Heathrow?

Check skyscanner.net. You will see genuine flights and you can choose your best option. Basically I would imagine the less transit time the better your journey. Air France, Lufthansa, KLM are good transit flights. Egypt Air has an average of about 15 - 20 hours transit time; time u wait to connect to connecting train.

Basically Ekpotek has answered it all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
AMA2301:
@Atatiikoo please am new here and need some clearification. Can I apply for a UK tourist visa using my brother who is base in Australia pay slip?

You your brother in Australia to pay? You can try but I doubt if you will get the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bobbieydeey: 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
Thanks man
Brightingsus:

Check skyscanner.net. You will see genuine flights and you can choose your best option. Basically I would imagine the less transit time the better your journey. Air France, Lufthansa, KLM are good transit flights. Egypt Air has an average of about 15 - 20 hours transit time; time u wait to connect to connecting train.

Basically Ekpotek has answered it all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bobbieydeey: 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2017
Plus how legit is this site cheap flights.com.ng.... Lowest flight there is 145,Qatar airline and royal Air maroc... Been hearing bad reviews about these two airlines
ekpotek:

Best in term of what?
Cost - EGYPTAIR/ETHIOPIAN with a night stop in Cairo/Addis. Free accommodation and feeding
Flight time: KLM/Airfrance, Lufthansa.
Want to see the near east, take Emirate or Ethad airways.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
Finally my wife Got her passport back yesterday but was refused. We waited in Vain,But its all good. They refused her for one reason,They said she is working since 2009 but she couldn't fill her salary amount nor documents to explain that,So based on that,they didnt believe that she will leave the UK after her visit. She did a very big mistake because they are about to attend a church conference and the church employed an agent to fill their forms for them,.the agent wrote the church society name on the column where they asked how much do u earn monthly or something like that,thereby causing massive rejection for almost all of the applicants. How can he not fill such an important thing in a form. Using agents are the worst thing u can do while applying for a Visa,Now i know why people don't use them at all. I was so surprised by the application outcome,but when i read the rejection letter,i concluded that we caused it. because my wife has a good travel history, she has already used 6 Schengen(German) visas,Traveled to Germany up to 8 times without overstaying her visa for once since 2009 till date & 2 US visas with the last one used for winter holiday last December & its still valid till next year November,. But the agent filled rubbish that caused her the chance for her first UK visa Application. @Justwise,& the Gurus in the house. She is the one handling my Biz with her personal acct & my company account which she is signatory to. She is been paid from our company acct direct to her personal acct every month but without payslip because its our family registered Biz which she is a member of the board of directors in the article of memorandum. So how do i put it to them when next she will reapply again to avoid been refused again. Note, she is not applying anytime soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 12:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hello house, I submitted my application on the 6th of June and did my biometric same day got email from Sheffield on the 20th that my application is under consideration and on the 27th got another email from same Sheffield that my application remains under consideration and they apologised for any inconvenience that may have caused me, now my question is it is a visiting visa for 7days and it is supposed to start today although my leave started on the 3rd of July to end on the 28th of July, what should I do since am supposed to travel today should I still wait? And hope this will not cause any negative impact on my application since my travelling date supposed to be today 5th July? But can still travel anytime if granted since I still have plenty days ahead but hope they will say my traveling date has passed. @ ekpotek. Justwise etc pls answer me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
Bobbieydeey:
Plus how legit is this site cheap flights.com.ng.... Lowest flight there is 145,Qatar airline and royal Air maroc... Been hearing bad reviews about these two airlines

Air Maroq transits in Casablanca. They are cheap and you get what u pay for. Why not try Medview. It's direct and could be cheap although it goes to London Gatwick. However expect bad customer service as its a Nigerian flight and by that I mean their customers are not valued.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nicebaba: 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
Brightingsus:

The ref will not work until your application is decided. In other words your GWF only reflects on the tracking once a decision has been made .

Thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
Bobbieydeey:

A bad Review on Qatar Airways? I strongly doubt it,that airline remain one of the very best,I have used them once and I recommend to friends who are frequent travelers and they have never complained for once

As for cheap flight website,I advise you use it for guidance only,if you book through them your payment has to be routed through Europe or North America payment platform,should the payment ran into dispute the implications is that you might not have your tickets issued until the payment is resolved which might be cumbersome...Your local card might not even work on that platform due to restrictions on international payment,just look for local travrl agents you can easily use,so many of them on Google
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bobbieydeey: 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
Brightingsus:

Air Maroq transits in Casablanca. They are cheap and you get what u pay for. Why not try Medview. It's direct and could be cheap although it goes to London Gatwick. However expect bad customer service as its a Nigerian flight and by that I mean their customers are not valued.
thanks g, wld check it out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bobbieydeey: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
Thanks bro I really appreciate
Solatium:

A bad Review on Qatar Airways? I strongly doubt it,that airline remain one of the very best,I have used them once and I recommend to friends who are frequent travelers and they have never complained for once

As for cheap flight website,I advise you use it for guidance only,if you book through them your payment has to be routed through Europe or North America payment platform,should the payment ran into dispute the implications is that you might not have your tickets issued until the payment is resolved which might be cumbersome...Your local card might not even work on that platform due to restrictions on international payment,just look for local travrl agents you can easily use,so many of them on Google
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2017
Bobbieydeey:

Cheap flight is just a website that pulls data from travel agencies and airline worldwide and display their price for you to choose from. When you make your choice you will be redirected to travel agencies or airline websites. I will avoid Quatar airways because of their problem with some Arab countries.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uuspace(m): 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
Aatiikoo:

Yours should be Settlement VISA, mine is Visitor VISA.
I tracked it again this evening on the UK website and it has been decided but yet to be updated on TLS contact website.

Your passport will be available to you with 48 hours of decision made. If it is up to 48 go to the collection centre. You do not need tls to update or send u mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
xto4:
Hello house, I submitted my application on the 6th of June and did my biometric same day got email from Sheffield on the 20th that my application is under consideration and on the 27th got another email from same Sheffield that my application remains under consideration and they apologised for any inconvenience that may have caused me, now my question is it is a visiting visa for 7days and it is supposed to start today although my leave started on the 3rd of July to end on the 28th of July, what should I do since am supposed to travel today should I still wait? And hope this will not cause any negative impact on my application since my travelling date supposed to be today 5th July? But can still travel anytime if granted since I still have plenty days ahead but hope they will say my traveling date has passed. @ ekpotek. Justwise etc pls answer me

Please note that refusal of visa are rarely based on travel date. I had once received my passport with visa a day after my proposed travel date. Just pray you get the visa, you can always used it within the 6 months valid period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
Austine2020:
Finally my wife Got her passport back yesterday but was refused. We waited in Vain,But its all good. They refused her for one reason,They said she is working since 2009 but she couldn't fill her salary amount nor documents to explain that,So based on that,they didnt believe that she will leave the UK after her visit. She did a very big mistake because they are about to attend a church conference and the church employed an agent to fill their forms for them,.the agent wrote the church society name on the column where they asked how much do u earn monthly or something like that,thereby causing massive rejection for almost all of the applicants. How can he not fill such an important thing in a form. Using agents are the worst thing u can do while applying for a Visa,Now i know why people don't use them at all. I was so surprised by the application outcome,but when i read the rejection letter,i concluded that we caused it. because my wife has a good travel history, she has already used 6 Schengen(German) visas,Traveled to Germany up to 8 times without overstaying her visa for once since 2009 till date & 2 US visas with the last one used for winter holiday last December & its still valid till next year November,. But the agent filled rubbish that caused her the chance for her first UK visa Application. @Justwise,& the Gurus in the house. She is the one handling my Biz with her personal acct & my company account which she is signatory to. She is been paid from our company acct direct to her personal acct every month but without payslip because its our family registered Biz which she is a member of the board of directors in the article of memorandum. So how do i put it to them when next she will reapply again to avoid been refused again. Note, she is not applying anytime soon.

Sorry to hear about the sad outcome of your wife application. Like you right noted, using a dumb agent can be disastrous. With her travel history she won't have any problem on her next application if she can address the issues. Just gather all the nessary documents to show that she is self employed. This will include business registration certificate, tax clearance certificate, MOUs, company bank statement etc. On the other hand, the ECO knows that a lot of applicants now used group church conferences attendance to immigrate into UK. She just unfortunate to be considered in that light. My advise try again next year for a family vacation.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
ekpotek:

Please note that refusal of visa are rarely based on travel date. I had once received my passport with visa a day after my proposed travel date. Just pray you get the visa, you can always used it within the 6 months valid period.
thanks Ekpotek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
ekpotek:

Cheap flight is just a website that pulls data from travel agencies and airline worldwide and display their price for you to choose from. When you make your choice you will be redirected to travel agencies or airline websites. I will avoid Quatar airways because of their problem with some Arab countries.

Qatar international routes are not affected in anyway as they operate normally,it is only advisable for those traveling to any of those middle east countries as their final destination not to go on Qatar,but going beyond Middle east? your connection is assured
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Linc000: 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
Austine2020:

Sorry for the outcome.....
Pls how did she got her passport? Did she get a mail from TLS or she just went there? or d DHL deliver it?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
Solatium:

Qatar international routes are not affected in anyway as they operate normally,it is only advisable for those traveling to any of those middle east countries as their final destination not to go on Qatar,but going beyond Middle east? your connection is assured

Sure. But I will not recommend Qatar for now. Anything can happen!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AMA2301(m): 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
Guys, I really feel like crying right now. I have never left the shores of this country...my fiancé is in the UK and wish to go visit her this year. Please advice me on how to go about the UK visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
Good evening, please I applied for uk visit visa 6months for my step mom and I, we did our biometrics on 12th of June. I received a mail for both application saying the application is being prepared for consideration on the 23rd of June, then some days later got another mail for just my step mom's application saying the application is now under consideration and I didn't receive such for my own application. Yesterday I received several mails from TLS about decision made, ready for collection and dispatch by courier on my step mom's application. Up until now no updates on mine but when i checked my status with the ukvi link provided I saw decided (28 June) same as for my step mom. Is it possible both passports will be dispatched together regardless of updates from TLS on mine own passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daojay: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
justwise:

What is your monthly salary?

Please what is the minimum salary a family o 3 travelling to UK ll need
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
Ekpotek, when the agent filled the form, didn't his wife read it? The guy story get as e be

ekpotek:

Sorry to hear about the sad outcome of your wife application. Like you right noted, using a dumb agent can be disastrous. With her travel history she won't have any problem on her next application if she can address the issues. Just gather all the nessary documents to show that she is self employed. This will include business registration certificate, tax clearance certificate, MOUs, company bank statement etc. On the other hand, the ECO knows that a lot of applicants now used group church conferences attendance to immigrate into UK. She just unfortunate to be considered in that light. My advise try again next year for a family vacation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
Go to british high commission, cry at the entrance, u will be given a british passport grin

AMA2301:
Guys, I really feel like crying right now. I have never left the shores of this country...my fiancé is in the UK and wish to go visit her this year. Please advice me on how to go about the UK visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shakespere: 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
Please has any one experienced this recently, I was making application payment for my family, I have made 5 out of 6, but the last one would not go, it kept saying insufficient funds or my card company refused the transaction even though I have over the 119 usd required. I paid in another 100 usd, and it is still same. Any idea what I can do? I have concluded application for everyone except my last daughter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
Please which location did you do biometrics? My sister did biometrics 5th June and she is still waiting for the visa, no update from them sef. Na wa for UKVI.

amehrada:
Good evening, please I applied for uk visit visa 6months for my step mom and I, we did our biometrics on 12th of June. I received a mail for both application saying the application is being prepared for consideration on the 23rd of June, then some days later got another mail for just my step mom's application saying the application is now under consideration and I didn't receive such for my own application. Yesterday I received several mails from TLS about decision made, ready for collection and dispatch by courier on my step mom's application. Up until now no updates on mine but when i checked my status with the ukvi link provided I saw decided (28 June) same as for my step mom. Is it possible both passports will be dispatched together regardless of updates from TLS on mine own passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
shakespere:
Please has any one experienced this recently, I was making application payment for my family, I have made 5 out of 6, but the last one would not go, it kept saying insufficient funds or my card company refused the transaction even though I have over the 119 usd required. I paid in another 100 usd, and it is still same. Any idea what I can do? I have concluded application for everyone except my last daughter

Get in touch with your card issuer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
nomad26:
Please which location did you do biometrics? My sister did biometrics 5th June and she is still waiting for the visa, no update from them sef. Na wa for UKVI.

VI lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.